Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

HallelujahLee posted:

probably got tired of charade why did they even invite these freaks from the west

From what I hear online, it's because despite being the #3 most important country there that can actually affect anything (after egypt and jordan), the Egyptians kept delaying their turn to be the very last ones to speak and were going through tons of lovely tiny countries no one cares about instead. this is completely unsubstantiated so I dunno.

Nonsense posted:

Was it Qatar, or the UAE that was doing the West's bidding with normalization?

UAE and Bahrain are Israels bitches and Saudi was going to follow them until Hamas shattered Israels supposed invincibility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orbis Tertius
Feb 13, 2007

Nonsense posted:

Once the offensive begins, they're going to be overwhelmed overseas and at home, they won't be able to convince anybody of anything, they blew their load on Ukraine. People that are protesting this know the media is the enemy of the people, WOE TO WESTERN JOURNALISTS

been having thoughts on this theme, I guess this is as good a place as any to post them.

the hegemon’s story faltering in the core is kind of huge, if Israel/The West spin masters had a coherent theory of discourse they would be far more aggressive in shutting down dissent in social media than they currently are. like straight up banning discussion of the war entirely. I imagine they’ll get near that extreme eventually in some form or fashion, but I think it’s already to late for it to matter.

for instance, the favored rhetorical register of the media instruments of western hegemony, what Said calls “suprapolitical objectivity”, is untenable in terms of its utility for social control and conditioning information in a social situation where ending the attacks on Palestinian civilians is widely perceived as a moral imperative that supersedes other considerations and efforts to cast blame.

in the right circumstances, perceiving instruments of social control as such becomes hugely damaging to the overall narrative they curate and promote, and you can’t readily undo epistemological shifts through a mass media with shattered credibility. whether any of this will actually matter in terms of the fate of the Palestinian people is an open question.

to be sure, narrative control in the core has basically no relevance to the feelings of people in the Middle East, which is much more relevant to how the situation in Israel will develop.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Al-Saqr posted:

It's genuinely astounding how checkmated Israel is right now, the Iranian played the long game and loving won big time. Israel is cooked.

It's pretty clear at this point, unless I'm wrong (which I never am), everyone is trying to find an offramp and trying to find some way to back down before it's too late.

The arab regimes are scared shitless beyond belief, they have been operating under a self-reinforcing lie that Israel can never be defeated and must be surrendered to, they have based their entire outlook and foreign policies on this, they were certain that the key to fending off Iran and saving their own grip on power from their own populations was through giving israel everything they wanted. now, they're entire world has been shattered, they are facing a reality that not only has their daddy been defeated by the weakest of irans allies, but that Iran is undisputed king poo poo of the hill, and israel cant save them from it, and all of their efforts and illusions that they have built their policies around for the last 20 years has come crashing down, and they know that if a wider war happened they are 1000% cooked.

The Israelis are in a bind, if they back down, they're finished, if they go into gaza, they're finished AND they're gonna kill off a ton of their soldiers and lose an even bigger war. and the fact that america had to mobilize two fleet carrier groups to try and protect them and sabre rattle hezbollah is a shocking display of lack of faith that the israelis can actually help themselves at all.

the US has essentially mag-dumped all of their foreign policy and diplomatic cards and have sacrificed any and all credibility as a government and their entire media over this, they poo poo the bed bigtime and poo poo on their allies who they led into a normalization pact with israel in. I mean maybe that was the plan all along and they just want a giant war with Iran, but according to reports from several news sites they're only now realizing the scale of the disaster that awaits them if they go on this route and maybe are looking for a way out.

it's insane, it really is weeks that will define the next century.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

sound like Israel is really mad that the palestinians arent panicking and running like they were hoping they would.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

The existence of the internet really throws a wrench into narrative control.

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

It's genuinely astounding how checkmated Israel is right now, the Iranian played the long game and loving won big time. Israel is cooked.

It's pretty clear at this point, unless I'm wrong ...

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?

move south to where we are also bombing

the Nuseirat Camp they bombed earlier is outside of the evacuation zone on the way south.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

move here bomb
move there bomb
bomb
bomb
bomb

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
https://twitter.com/ME_Observer_/status/1715789444383383555

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/DGisSERIOUS/status/1715772452217790468

HOLY LOL

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte
https://twitter.com/AnimalFriendsAF/status/1715727589761826911?s=20

stay safe catman :ohdear:

Zadok Allen
Oct 9, 2023

https://x.com/jakeshieldsajj/status/1715777875365007376?s=20

Morbus
May 18, 2004

WE'RE FED UP WITH YOUR poo poo, SHAUN

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

ok lol that's enough news for me for today. jesus gently caress

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Al-Saqr posted:

sound like Israel is really mad that the palestinians arent panicking and running like they were hoping they would.

if they were going to leave they would have done it by now. israel cut off literally loving everything for weeks now, how stupid is thinking they can convince them to leave. real settler mindset on all levels

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
truly is biblical ww2 scorched earth tactics that we are witnessing

https://twitter.com/MuhammadSmiry/status/1715789428705132835

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

lmao the fact that shaun king is still a thing is shielding my brain from kids writing identifying info on their arms
i just wont think about that second one too hard

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

goddamit

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

this guy is the best of us. i hope he and all the cats make it.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
God drat you all. I think this is the most impotent a world event has ever made me feel in my life. It's up there at least. gently caress.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Zionists are loving going insane tonight in Gaza and Southern Lebanon

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

blessed

opposite of blessed. dti

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

A longer version of that encounter between the CNN reporter and the Egyptian woman at the border

https://twitter.com/AArieshi/status/1715779765070922170#m

At least they actually let her speak and broadcast the interaction

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Sancho Banana posted:

God drat you all. I think this is the most impotent a world event has ever made me feel in my life. It's up there at least. gently caress.

yeah it owns. just an incredible amount of rage and no where to direct it to

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."
https://twitter.com/BarakRavid/status/1715792993922261445?t=xW6ygxphnWtCCno3k0L47A&s=19

This is borderline offensive on how stupid they think we are.

"Heys let's use the word cyanide in our propaganda because people will associate it with the Holocaust and uncritically side with us"

gently caress you israel

Brogeoisie has issued a correction as of 19:18 on Oct 21, 2023

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp

alarumklok posted:

yeah it owns. just an incredible amount of rage and no where to direct it to

I've been trying to keep busy with practicing making music.

It's been sounding a lot darker than usual lately.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Brogeoisie posted:

https://twitter.com/BarakRavid/status/1715792993922261445?t=xW6ygxphnWtCCno3k0L47A&s=19

This is borderline offensive on how stupid they think we are.

"Heys let's use the word cyanide in our propaganda because will associate it with the Holocaust and uncritically side with us"

gently caress you israel

A Middle Eastern nation trying to acquire WMDs? Terrible threat to world peace. I say we invade any nation in the middle east that has nuclear weapons.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

lmfao

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
I feel like you could have came up with a better way to say you find the information, as opposed to "discovering" it on a usb in the possession of a fighter. Going into battle with top secret plans on usb as one does.

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Its a big strategic defeat for Israel anyway you look at it. But why would backing down from a ground invasion mean they are finished?
They can cling on to what they have for some more decades if they do that. Build up fortifications around the strip and eat the occasional raid that kills thousands.
Its only if they insist on escalating this further that they are finished here and now. Ofcourse that is what they are going to do, but they dont have to.

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."
The USB key thing is probably from the same operational group that developed stuxnet as also likely a Mossad led op. Like they are using their greatest hits to concoct a bullshit story that fits into what the war apparatus in DC will want to hear.

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Pookah posted:

A longer version of that encounter between the CNN reporter and the Egyptian woman at the border

https://twitter.com/AArieshi/status/1715779765070922170#m

At least they actually let her speak and broadcast the interaction

on american CNN? lol doubt it

looks like foreign CNN

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
oh no not instructions how to make some kind of vague weapon

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
late to the thread, but i just wanna say that israel and all who support it need to be crushed

Tsitsikovas
Aug 2, 2023

Death By The Blues posted:

I feel like you could have came up with a better way to say you find the information, as opposed to "discovering" it on a usb in the possession of a fighter. Going into battle with top secret plans on usb as one does.

interesting thing about decrepit outdated and old institutions is that all their playbooks are just as old outdated and decrepit.

two-time fee
Jan 13, 2022

Cpt_Obvious posted:

The existence of the internet really throws a wrench into narrative control.

Cpt_Obvious, you telling me the below doesn't work, can't even trust the wisdom of the thread ?

speng31b
May 8, 2010

im pretty sure a cyanide based weapon wouldnt be that effective anyways because if it was, the us and israel would have already been using it for war crimes

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

hamas_anti-israeli_poison_secret_recipe2023-final.final2.docx

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

more like pissrael

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
just imagining a sketch where a bunch of increasingly bizarre ludicrous things falling out of the pockets and sleeves and pants of a dead fighter like a clown car. So far they found drugs, intricate battle plans and now usbs with top secret wmd chemical programs.