Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Free Play Days!

This time Diablo 4 can be played for free, also Hokko Life!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

John F Bennett posted:

Diablo 4 can be played for free

Huh, that's interesting. They really want people to see this season 2 stuff, even though most of the meaningful improvements aren't coming to the game until next year (according to the devs).

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

ErrEff posted:

Huh, that's interesting. They really want people to see this season 2 stuff, even though most of the meaningful improvements aren't coming to the game until next year (according to the devs).

It is a lot better than season 1, though.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

The Diablo 4 trial is only 10 hours.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2023/10/19/free-play-days-nba-2k24-lawn-mowing-simulator-diablo-iv-and-hokko-life/

quote:

Additionally, Diablo IV is free for all Xbox members from October 19 until October 22 (Game Pass Core / Game Pass Ultimate not required) with a 10-hour gameplay trial.

Starting this weekend, we’re introducing Timed Trial games in Free Play Days. Gamers want the hottest games in Free Play Days, and with Timed Trials, we can get newer games into the program faster. Diablo IV is unlocked for the duration of this weekend’s Free Play Days, but gameplay is limited to 10 hours.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
10 hour free trial thing was what EA did and was pretty good imo, gives you a good idea if it's a game you'd like to bother getting. Kept me from buying battlefield 2042 for full price that's for sure!

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Fine, I'll keep sinking more time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czvC_-iXtic

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe
New spider ninja game won't load on my series X or cloud. I had this same issue with the chill alien ship game. Just stuck at loading.

Am I cursed? Other games work fine.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

FunOne posted:

New spider ninja game won't load on my series X or cloud. I had this same issue with the chill alien ship game. Just stuck at loading.

Spider man came out on ps5

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

FunOne posted:

It loaded okay for me. I poked around a bit last night, really liked the movement.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

It's fine, the Whiteout update is only like half an hour long. The new weapon's evolution is insane though, it's like a Sailor Moon transformation sequence.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Sywert of Thieves posted:

It's fine, the Whiteout update is only like half an hour long. The new weapon's evolution is insane though, it's like a Sailor Moon transformation sequence.

I'm trying to unlock everything and for once get every achievement on a Xbox game so this is just :allears: for me

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
What is you guys take on this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izAZJN0fsh4

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

I wish the White guy world stop talking.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Boo
https://www.pcgamer.com/paradox-say...rained-schemes/
Paradox says The Lamplighters League sales were 'a big disappointment,' confirms recent layoffs at developer Harebrained Schemes
The layoffs at Harebrained Schemes actually occurred a few months before The Lamplighters League was released.

Because we can't have anything good, can we

I'm loving Lamplighter's League, I thought it'd be a hit, but there we go. If you got ShamePass, play it, it's 1920 pulp adventure X-Com and it looks great.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Boo
https://www.pcgamer.com/paradox-say...rained-schemes/
Paradox says The Lamplighters League sales were 'a big disappointment,' confirms recent layoffs at developer Harebrained Schemes
The layoffs at Harebrained Schemes actually occurred a few months before The Lamplighters League was released.

Because we can't have anything good, can we

I'm loving Lamplighter's League, I thought it'd be a hit, but there we go. If you got ShamePass, play it, it's 1920 pulp adventure X-Com and it looks great.
The review I saw said it crashed constantly and erased saves.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
My take is that you're the dumbest motherfucker alive if you think I'm clicking on that poo poo.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Never clicking a youtube. Sum it up in two sentences

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

American McGay posted:

My take is that you're the dumbest motherfucker alive if you think I'm clicking on that poo poo.

Why does a video game podcast clip make you so angry?

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

American McGay posted:

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

they always have the opinion of some joe nobody who worked ‘in the industry’ but doesn’t actually understand it. like a help desk guy criticizing the CTOs latest decision when they don’t have any context. they’ve been doing the same thing all merger long under the guise of corporate monopoly bad, which i mean yeah, but

Lammasu posted:

Why does a video game podcast clip make you so angry?

he’s not mad that’s just how he posts

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

American McGay posted:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay posted:

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

American McGay posted:

hatty posted:

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

American McGay posted:

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Lammasu posted:

The review I saw said it crashed constantly and erased saves.

Never erased my saves, but the constant crashing on XSX made me quit.
It would be a solid 7/10 without those issues.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

I wish the White guy world stop talking.

hatty posted:

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Lamplighters League launching in the same period as a bunch of other big games meant it was always going to be in for a rough ride. It’s still on my list of games to play when I’m done with Starfield and Forza, and I’m keen to check it out, but there’s been so much solid stuff the last few months it’s hard to compete.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

webmeister posted:

Lamplighters League launching in the same period as a bunch of other big games meant it was always going to be in for a rough ride. It’s still on my list of games to play when I’m done with Starfield and Forza, and I’m keen to check it out, but there’s been so much solid stuff the last few months it’s hard to compete.

Truth, while these games always have their faithful few, this year was loving stacked, even for turn-based combat. Witness the juggernaut, Baldur's Gate 3. Didn't Jagged Alliance 3 also come out this year.

2023 best gaming year EVER

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

I've enjoyed a lot of games this year, though octopath 2 is my goty so far and I'm excited for people on Xbox to get access to it.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Truth, while these games always have their faithful few, this year was loving stacked, even for turn-based combat. Witness the juggernaut, Baldur's Gate 3. Didn't Jagged Alliance 3 also come out this year.

2023 best gaming year EVER

Jagged Alliance fell onto my backlog and BG3 is stacked up behind Divinity OS2 (in theory, I've put it on the 'work through backlog while waiting for a good sale' place on the list). First half of 2023 was a bit light but it feels like back half is where a whole load of COVID delayed projects finally came out of the oven all at once.

e: \/\/ yeah Lamplighter's combat system has the same problem as Battletech's, in that skills are just 'more and better of the same'. And it unfortunately lacks the cool factor of Battletech.

Alchenar fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Oct 22, 2023

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I played it a bit, then uninstalled. I through that its a interesting game, well made, with good graphics, good UI, good story..

My reason to uninstalling it was checking the skill tree for the characters. There where nothing in the tree that I just wanted to play more to unlock. So I did not played more.

Edit:
I could use more words, but was literally that. Did not found the deep I wanted on a game of this type.

I absolutelly loved Marvel's Midnight Suns.

Tei fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Oct 22, 2023

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Lamplighters league starts out alright and then turns into the biggest slog imaginable as more and more enemies get thrown at you. Could be good with patches but unfortunately that will never happen

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Trying to do a Gatti Amari only run in Vampire Survivors results in the entire screen becoming an impossible to navigate dust cloud. Also the cats become too strong and end up killing you before any enemies lol

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

2007 is still the best year

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Centusin posted:

Lamplighters league starts out alright and then turns into the biggest slog imaginable as more and more enemies get thrown at you. Could be good with patches but unfortunately that will never happen

This is why I stopped. Sad because this should really be my cup of tea, I love X-Com and wanted more of it. But alas.

kri kri posted:

2007 is still the best year

I have no memory of that year.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

was 2007 the orange box year, I remember that year being overloaded with good poo poo

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
2017 had Prey '17, the US release of Yakuza Zero, Hollow Knight and the JP release of Dragon Quest XI so that's been my pick for a while

e) i think nintendo released a couple of games that year too lol

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
2023 might be the new best year

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

2017 had Prey '17, the US release of Yakuza Zero, Hollow Knight and the JP release of Dragon Quest XI so that's been my pick for a while

e) i think nintendo released a couple of games that year too lol

BotW and HZD also came out that year.

I've been sifting through the favorite little things thread and there's been pages of love for Prey '17 where I'm at, I've got it wishlisted because it seems like a really fun ride

hatty posted:

2023 might be the new best year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Prey 17 pwns.