Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

If only someone could find and destroy the train carrying all that ammunition travelling over the long single line through Siberia far from reinforcements

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

NTRabbit posted:

If only someone could find and destroy the train carrying all that ammunition travelling over the long single line through Siberia far from reinforcements

Where are the Czechoslovak Legions when you need them

zone
Dec 6, 2016

"It's not fair, why do they get such good stuff and we don't" :qqsay:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
paratrooper has been arrested for insulting the russian armed forces

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I don't know how accurate this guy ever is, but if these claims about yesterday are true, it's pretty loving wild

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwUYDJbFzQY

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

zone posted:

"It's not fair, why do they get such good stuff and we don't" :qqsay:

Yes, they're the fascists. Unlike Vlad Pootin', who is definitely NOT a fascist.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!
Why do isevil need ukraines shells when they will have murdered the population of gaza with dehydration by the time they get there?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

NTRabbit posted:

I don't know how accurate this guy ever is, but if these claims about yesterday are true, it's pretty loving wild

He's quoting Ukraine MOD's claims. Otherwise Reporting From Ukraine is pretty much tier 1 standard for info even if he is (for obvious reasons) pro Ukraine.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

NTRabbit posted:

Video headlines are click bait looking but said person has been pretty good at staying impartial tbh. They aren't affraid to report on Ukraines gently caress ups. The channel was doom and gloom last year.

As for the video itself, there's a gently caress tonne of videos of Russia getting yeeted into the sun. They did two assaults over back to back days and got clowned on. The numbers reported are higher than reality but what they are reporting is 100% true.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Tai posted:

Video headlines are click bait looking but said person has been pretty good at staying impartial tbh. They aren't affraid to report on Ukraines gently caress ups. The channel was doom and gloom last year.

As for the video itself, there's a gently caress tonne of videos of Russia getting yeeted into the sun. They did two assaults over back to back days and got clowned on. The numbers reported are higher than reality but what they are reporting is 100% true.

Yuriy Butusov reported today that they tried to attack Avdiivka again, specifically the Terrikon and another prong aimed at Pervomaiske. Both attacks were repelled with the attackers taking heavy losses.
https://t.me/ButusovPlus/5724

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

BeefThief posted:

You gonna be glad you got that pig snout when the winter comes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6idAkaGP3o

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(Ă¢Â–Â°Ă‹Â˜vĂ‹Â˜Ă¢Â–Â°)
There are videos of tons of russians just caught in the open fields, clearly stuck and not knowing what to do. Then cluster munitions start raining down and they all stop moving. Like, I genuinely don't know what the Russians were trying to do other than "brute force" a push and just getting caught constantly in killboxes and dying horribly

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I thought tyres were supposed to protect the Russian planes?

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Zzulu posted:

There are videos of tons of russians just caught in the open fields, clearly stuck and not knowing what to do. Then cluster munitions start raining down and they all stop moving. Like, I genuinely don't know what the Russians were trying to do other than "brute force" a push and just getting caught constantly in killboxes and dying horribly

They went into this whole harebrained offensive trying to capture Avdiivka as a present for monke. They couldn't even leverage the element of surprise properly and now they don't even have that.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

That only works when they're on top of the fuselage, not on the landing gear, silly.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://t.me/lachentyt/35436
The smooker got to work again near Donetsk.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tai posted:

Russia's rampant coke(-hill) addition is getting out of hand.

PC LOAD LETTER
May 23, 2005
WTF?!

Fumble posted:

Why do isevil need ukraines shells when they will have murdered the population of gaza with dehydration by the time they get there?

They don't. Its politics.

The amount is small and token support anyways. You can ignore it from a practical stand point.

This is not the thread for talking about those politics though.

PC LOAD LETTER
May 23, 2005
WTF?!

Zzulu posted:

My WAG is the local Russian leadership is suffering from the military equivalent of the sunk cost fallacy and is panicking so they can't think of a way to back out without losing face and getting shot in the back of the head on the way out of a window in a tragic suicide

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

PC LOAD LETTER posted:

My WAG is the local Russian leadership is suffering from the military equivalent of the sunk cost fallacy and is panicking so they can't think of a way to back out without losing face and getting shot in the back of the head on the way out of a window in a tragic suicide
I wonder if this stupidity will make it Russia's last major push for a very long time. Their materiel reserves were already showing signs of running low before they started sending hundreds and hundreds of tanks and IFVs to get deleted on a daily basis for absolutely nothing.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Sashimi posted:

I wonder if this stupidity will make it Russia's last major push for a very long time. Their materiel reserves were already showing signs of running low before they started sending hundreds and hundreds of tanks and IFVs to get deleted on a daily basis for absolutely nothing.

Taking their rates of materiel available in the field into account as well as what OSINT guys said about their potential stocks, they still have a chunk of materiel to throw away. However, this bunch of meaningless attacks will probably sap their field reserves entirely if they keep bashing their heads into the brick wall of Avdiivka until the upcoming spring.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1715691724670939527

quote:

Russians are digging tunnels in Avdiivka to get closer to the Ukrainian positions, says the spokesman of the 110th Brigade Anton Kotsukon':

"They are digging tunnels closer to our positions, firstly, for the purpose of camouflage, and, secondly, to emerge somewhere closer to our positions unexpectedly"

He also noted that Ukrainians spotted the use of remote-controlled robotic transport vehicles by the Russians that can carry a decent load.

Kotsukon' added that Russians are not abandoning hopes to take Avdiivka.

This material was published on Unian on 21 October: https://unian.ua/war/bilya-avdijivki-okupanti-zastosovuyut-taktiku-krotiv-chim-ce-nebezpechno-12431718.html
So now they reverted to WWI mining tactics in an attempt to take Avdiivka. Looks like attacks there aren't going to stop anytime soon

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Putin is a real piece of poo poo.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Spai sappin' my Ardiivka!

I'll give the Russians this much: they're relentless in trying to bash down a wall with their heads.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I feel like sapping into a giant pile of toxic waste isn't the greatest plan. From being involved in some superfund site litigation, mine tailings are packed full of some loving nasty poo poo.

Oscar Wilde Bunch fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Oct 21, 2023

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Oscar Wilde Bunch posted:

I feel like sapping into a giant pile of toxic waste isn't the greatest plan. Form being involved in some superfund site litigation, mine tailings are packed full of some loving nasty poo poo.

This is literally the same army that decided to build trenches in the Red Forest. Command absolutely doesn't give a drat.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

OAquinas posted:

This is literally the same army that decided to build trenches in the Red Forest. Command absolutely doesn't give a drat.

Not only that, but on leaving the area some of the gopniks took a bunch of spicy rocks with them for... reasons?!

PC LOAD LETTER
May 23, 2005
WTF?!

Sashimi posted:

The rumor that is getting tossed around is that the Russians are trying to just hold on and slow the Ukrainians down until after the Russian elections when more soldiers and equipment will get called to the front. Putin supposedly wants to avoid any political disruptions or drama around that time.

IF that is true then I'd expect the Russians to do some sort've major attack post elections but not before that.

They still have plenty of old Soviet hardware to run through at their current pace. Quite a lot of it is rusted out and crappy but its still dangerous enough that it can't be ignored when used in a defensive role. If this goes into next year at their current rates then yeah they might actually burn through all, or close enough to all, of that by mid next year.

They clearly started scraping the barrel for stuff as of late winter 2022 though. Not just their good or decent tanks and IFV's but stuff like artillery, cannon barrels, and shells which supposedly they'd never ever run low on. Which is why they went begging to N Korea for more supplies. Hell they're supposedly even low on mines!! Its possible they're in worse shape than they appear right now. But that is speculative.

Personally I hope that somehow the war is ended well before then. I doubt it will be though. Its been clear for a while now that they're trying to hold on to the bitter end.

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Not only that, but on leaving the area some of the gopniks took a bunch of spicy rocks with them for... reasons?!

Thats how you get your supervillains.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Would of thought that a big victory is what is needed for the elections for putin to get some more votes ....wait elections are rigged and putin will get 94% again. Who am I kidding.

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

top ten anime betrayals

malder
Feb 7, 2005

Grimey Drawer
It seems Putin's tactic to take the Terrikon hill is to build a pile of dead Russians that the survivors can use to climb over the wall! That's the only explanation I can find after seeing a picture with at least 30 corpses next to a burning tank.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

https://twitter.com/neil_abrams/status/1715783698627338570?s=20

You, an idiot: "Wow, Russia sucks"
Me, a big-brained geopolitics understander: "Actually, Russia and the Ukraine are both bad"

beer_war fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Oct 21, 2023

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Bespoke brain: through these three instances of mistreatment the Ukrainians gave Russia no choice but to preemptively pillage the countryside, a year before the offences

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Tankies: tying collaborators up to a light pole while the authorities come detain them is proof of ukronazi war crimes against russians

Also tankies: the russian army has no choice but to respond to these outrages by raping this great-grandmother in front of her family before shooting her in the head :hmmyes: have you considered that she would still be alive if ukraine would simply stop fighting?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

People aren’t supposed to go here, so things from here must be rare, and rare things are valuable. Right? Now to unclog the drain where half my hair is for some reason…

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_XyydfknNw

Russia claims they destroyed 6 Ukraine aircraft

...... that were already rusted junk

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Oh, please. Typical Western running dog, trying to diminish the accomplishments of glorious Russia. Those planes were the match of any aircraft in the Russian arsenal and Russia is right to celebrate their hard-earned victory.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

But they are still aircraft!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
https://twitter.com/TheStudyofWar/status/1715853763661930613