Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HM: Bryan Danielson vs. Andrade El Idolo - AEW Collision 10/21
Wrestling is at its finest when two magnificent athletic specimens demonstrate skill, talent, a diverse moveset and an ability to transition and shift with the ebbs and flows of a match to draw the crowd into a frenzy.

HM: Eddie Kingston vs. Jeff Jarrett in a Memphis Street Fight - AEW Collision 10/21
Assault by hot dogs! A complete clusterfuck, just wild poo poo going crazy all the time! Wrestling at its finest!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

Wrestling is at its finest when two magnificent athletic specimens demonstrate skill, talent, a diverse moveset and an ability to transition and shift with the ebbs and flows of a match to draw the crowd into a frenzy.

HM: Eddie Kingston vs. Jeff Jarrett in a Memphis Street Fight - AEW Collision 10/21
Assault by hot dogs! A complete clusterfuck, just wild poo poo going crazy all the time! Wrestling at its finest!

Nth to both

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

MOTYC: Speedball Mike Bailey vs Will Ospreay - Bound For Glory 10/21

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Sticky Nate posted:

Nth. Unsurprisingly, these two are great at pro wrestling.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Bryan Danielson vs. Andrade El Idolo - AEW Collision 10/21

one change, but nth will add

HM: Action Andretti vs. Miro - AEW Collision 10/21

was way better than it should have been

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: ASUKA, Maya Yukihi & Saki Akai vs. Rina Yamashita, Shoko Nakajima & Takumi Iroha, TJPW Saki Akai 10th Anniversary Show 8/13

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

graph posted:

Oh yeah I'll second Miro vs. Andretti, was not expecting the match to be like that but so glad it was.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

DDT God Bless DDT October 22nd
MOTYC
Eruption (Yukio Sakaguchi and Hideki Okatani) vs Saki Akai and Chihiro Hashimoto
- Hash was just window dressing, the story here was the two remaining members of Eruption saying goodbye to their longtime partner through lovely violence. I was getting genuinely emotional here, Eruption have been my favourite stable in DDT since I got back into the promotion during the pandemic and it sucks to see them going down to 2 members

37KAMIINA (Yuki Ueno and MAO) vs Chris Brookes and HARASHIMA
- This absolutely hosed, so hyped for Chris vs Ueno at Ultimate Party. Every time I see Harashima i'm convinced he has to start slowing down soon but even nearing 50 he's still fantastic

HM
Kazuki Hirata (c) vs Takeshi Masada (c) - Everyone Will Have A Great Time Death Match for the DDT Extreme and Ironman Heavymetalweight Titles
- Didn't enjoy this as much as Hirata's some other defences but there's a reason the company's given him so many of these dumbass stipulation matches over the years, man doesn't miss

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sticky Nate posted:

nth

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Sumire Natsu 10th Anniversary Produce ~ Decade of Queens ~ October 18th
HM
Sumire Natsu, Rina Yamashita and Kaho Kobayashi vs AZM, Saki Akai and Takumi Iroha
- https://vk.com/video-4499945_456251783?t=45m14s

This kicked rear end, well worth the time to check out

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Suwama vs. Yuma Aoyagi, AJPW Summer Action Series 8/6

The second half of this got really good.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Sticky Nate posted:

Nth

I’m gonna have to rewatch the rest of the show, I got violently ill after that match and so the rest is a blur.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
HM: Alex Shelley vs Josh Alexander - Impact World Championship match - BFG 2023 - 10/21/23

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

HM: Alex Shelley vs Josh Alexander - Impact World Championship match - BFG 2023 - 10/21/23

nth

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

SalTheBard posted:

Nth

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Impact Bound for Glory - 10/21

HM:
Alex Shelley (c) v. Josh Alexander for the Impact World Title

MOTYC:
Will Ospreay v. "Speedball" Mike Bailey

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

SG Bamboo posted:

DDT God Bless DDT October 22nd
MOTYC
Eruption (Yukio Sakaguchi and Hideki Okatani) vs Saki Akai and Chihiro Hashimoto
- Hash was just window dressing, the story here was the two remaining members of Eruption saying goodbye to their longtime partner through lovely violence. I was getting genuinely emotional here, Eruption have been my favourite stable in DDT since I got back into the promotion during the pandemic and it sucks to see them going down to 2 members

37KAMIINA (Yuki Ueno and MAO) vs Chris Brookes and HARASHIMA
- This absolutely hosed, so hyped for Chris vs Ueno at Ultimate Party. Every time I see Harashima i'm convinced he has to start slowing down soon but even nearing 50 he's still fantastic

HM
Kazuki Hirata (c) vs Takeshi Masada (c) - Everyone Will Have A Great Time Death Match for the DDT Extreme and Ironman Heavymetalweight Titles
- Didn't enjoy this as much as Hirata's some other defences but there's a reason the company's given him so many of these dumbass stipulation matches over the years, man doesn't miss

Nth

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
MOTYC: Maki Ito & Miyu Yamashita vs. Mizuki & Shoko Nakajima, TJPW City Circuit 9/18

An excellent tag match and one of the best tag matches in TJPW this year.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
OK, finished re-watching Bound for Glory. All HMs from 10/21:

Chris Sabin (c) vs. KENTA for the Impact X Division Championship
Trinity (c) vs. Mickie James for the Impact Knockouts World Championship
Alex Shelly (c) vs. Josh Alexander for the Impact World Championship

The last one was just a victim of being on the same card as Speedball/Ospreay.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Atsuki Aoyagi vs. Kento Miyahara, AJPW Royal Road Tournament 8/21

A fun little tournament match. Aoyagi's a good underdog, and Kento's just great.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
MOTYC: Ryuki Honda & Yuji Nagata vs. Kento Miyahara & Yuma Aoyagi, AJPW Royal Road Tournament 8/19

One of the best tag matches of the year.

HM: Ryuki Honda vs. Yuma Aoyagi, AJPW Royal Road Tournament 8/21

Honda has one of the best lariats in the business.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I just want to say how much I love that we just had a 13 post chain of nominations or nths for promotions other than New Japan, AEW, or WWE.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
HM: YAMATO, Dragon Kid, & Punch Tominaga (c) vs Shun Skywalker, KAI, and HYO for the Open the Triangle Gate Championship, Dragongate The Gate of Origin, Miyagi Sunfesta 2023/10/09

Bruh, Punch is over lmao

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lamuella posted:

I just want to say how much I love that we just had a 13 post chain of nominations or nths for promotions other than New Japan, AEW, or WWE.

:yeah:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM
9th October
All Japan Raising An Army Memorial Series Night 2
Hikaru Sato & Takuya Nomura vs Zennichi Shin Jidai (Atsuki Aoyagi & Rising HAYATO)

HM
9th October
All Japan Raising An Army Memorial Series Night 2
AJPW World Tag Team Titles
Zennichi Shin Jidai (Kento Miyahara & Yuma Aoyagi)(c) vs Voodoo Murders (Jun Saito & Rei Saito)

Kento & Yuma just leaning in to being heels here is exceedingly entertaining.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Lamuella posted:

I'm sorry to break the streak technically, but spiritually I'm not.

MOTYC: Rocky Romero vs. Mistico, Rampage 10/20

If you liked this, please, please, please watch CMLL this year, they're having an excellent one and nearly every Friday they have at least one match worthy of this thread.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Lamuella posted:

Wrestling is good

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Mistico vs. Rocky Romero - AEW Rampage 10/20

Man this was a blast, right from Rocky walking out in THAT outfit through to the end this was just good times. Mistico was super impressive, which is no surprise to most of you I'm sure.

Nth. This was great and they did an amazing job of selling the importance of the match, even if you weren't aware of who Mistico was prior to Rampage.

Jerusalem posted:

Nth. Eddie vs Jarrett was real fun and pissed off post-match Eddie helped sell this, too.

graph posted:

Nth. What I thought would be a squash turned out to be a pretty competitive back and forth match. Andretti slipping out of the Game Over was a highlight for me.

apophenium posted:

HM:

MOTYC:

I haven't watched a TNA/Impact show in a very long time, managed to catch this one with a friend since I wanted to see Ospreay in action. Two very fun matches, Ospreay is definitely worthy of discussion among the best wrestlers of all time despite only being 30 years old.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

BJW Big B Style ~ Oh When the Crazies go Marching In ~ July 3rd
HM
Astronauts (Takuya Nomura and Fuminori Abe) vs Daichi Hashimoto and Takuho Kato
- https://vk.com/video-4499945_456251794?t=34m48s

Had the hard hitting Big Japan action I crave but definitely felt like the stepping stone to a bigger match down the track

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Oct 23, 2023

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

apophenium posted:

HM:

MOTYC:

Nth. I'd watch more Impact TNA if my dance card wasn't already full.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

OZ Academy Yokohama Burning Destiny October 22nd
MOTYC
Takumi Iroha (c) vs AKINO - OZ Academy Openweight Title
- https://vk.com/video-4499945_456251795?t=2h33m55s

HM
Maya Yukihi and SUWAMA vs Maika Ozaki and Shuji Ishikawa
- https://vk.com/video-4499945_456251795?t=35m43s

Iroha rules, she's someone I never see someone have a bad match because she spends so much of her time in Marvelous

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Ricochet vs. Shinsuke Nakamura, Raw 10/16
HM: Bronson Reed vs. Gunther, Raw 10/16

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
To complete the anti-Lamuella triumvirate:

MOTYC: El Desperado vs. Jon Moxley, NJPW STRONG Independence Day, 7/5

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Zack Sabre Jr. (C) vs. Oleg Boltin for the New Japan Television Title - NJPW Super Jr. Tag League 10/24
Octopus vs. Bear was exactly what I hoped it would be, Oleg looked fantastic in this and Zack is Zack.

HM: YOH & MUSASHI vs. El Desperado & Master Wato - NJPW Super Jr. Tag League 10/24
Matching t-shirts make tag teams powerful, everybody but El Desperado understands this, and it made for an incredibly fun wrestling match.

HM: Catch 2/2 vs. Bullet Club War Dogs (Connors & Moloney) - NJPW Super Jr. Tag League 10/24
This ruled, especially with Henare on guest commentary making not the slightest pretext of being unbiased.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Oct 24, 2023

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NJPW Super Jr Tag League Night 2 October 24th
MOTYC
Catch 2/2 (Francesco Akira and TJP) vs Bullet Club War Dogs
- A great match taken over the top by a lively crowd and a biased Henare on commentary

HM
Just 5 Guys (SANADA, Taichi and Yuya Uemura) vs LIJ (Tetsuya Naito, Shingo Takagi and Yota Tsuji)
Zack Sabre Jr (c) vs Oleg Boltin - NJPW World TV Title
Just 5 Guys (TAKA Michinoku and DOUKI) vs Ichiban Sweet Boys (Robbie Eagles and Kosei Fujita)

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Blake Christian & Master Wato vs. DOUKI & Low Rider vs. Hiromu Takahashi & Rocky Romero, NJPW All Star Super Junior Festival 8/19
HM: El Desperado & MAO vs. Jordan Oliver & Nick Wayne, same show

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
12th October
All Japan Raising An Army Memorial Series Night 3
Zennichi Shin Jidai (Atsuki Aoyagi & Yuma Aoyagi) vs Zennichi Shin Jidai (Kento Miyahara & Rising HAYATO)

These guys always hit for me.

HM
26th August
NOAH N-1 Victory 2023 Night 7
N-1 B Block
Go Shiozaki vs Manabu Soya

HM
26th August
NOAH N-1 Victory 2023 Night 7
N-1 B Block
Kenoh vs Masa Kitamiya

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
WMOTYC: Cibernetico, Gringo Loco, & Sam Adonis vs. El Patron Alberto, Hijo del Vikingo, & Psycho Clown, AAA Verano de Escandalo 7/21

Alberto's bad and Cibernetico should never be allowed in a ring again.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
All HMs from AJPW's Royal Road Tournament on August 22

Dan Tamura vs. Shuji Ishikawa
Hayato Tamura vs. Suwama
Kento Miyahara vs. Ryuki Honda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

So these 4 matches are all from the final night of N-1 block matches & I recommend you just watch the final 4, but if that's too much then watch the last 2 at least. They both whip. The N-1 was honestly a bit flat, & I get that people have fallen off NOAH (there's a reason I'm not done with a tournament that ended 6 weeks ago) but this had some terrific stuff. Manabu Soya was a real standout of the entire tournament. Just leaning into that beefy strong boy bit. Nakajima vs Go is really good albeit they didn't go completely all-out, which is understandable in the circumstances.

HM
27th August
Pro Wrestling NOAH N-1 Victory 2023 Night 8
N-1 B Block
El Hijo del Dr Wagner Jr vs Manabu Soya
Watch this here

MOTYC
27th August
Pro Wrestling NOAH N-1 Victory 2023 Night 8
N-1 B Block
Go Shiozaki vs Katsuhiko Nakajima
Watch this here