Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Android Apocalypse posted:

Thanks for reminding me I need to watch Renfield as it's on Amazon Prime.

The gulf in quality between the A plot and the B plot is the biggest I ever remember seeing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

GD_American posted:

The gulf in quality between the A plot and the B plot is the biggest I ever remember seeing.

It's a phenomenal comedy short film that they decided to tack a couple of godawful side plots on.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Shopping at Walmart, y’all need anything?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
God. Every day I’m closer to pescatarian

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Rogue Elephant posted:

Yeah, I'll tbh I'd like to use the budweiser paper for my brother and brother in law. Is that at a target or something? I will cop

Walmart in the garden center

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Rogue Elephant posted:

Yeah, I'll tbh I'd like to use the budweiser paper for my brother and brother in law. Is that at a target or something? I will cop

Now you know this ain't at Target. This here's at Walmart.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Silly Burrito posted:

Probably should get chub before head.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

ozymandius1024 posted:

It's a phenomenal comedy short film that they decided to tack a couple of godawful side plots on.

Thaaaaat's it. I couldn't quite articulate it, but this is it right here.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Silly Burrito posted:

If you grab me one of those I can make some sisig.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

GD_American posted:

This applies to Barbarian also.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

If you grab me one of those I can make some sisig.

Maybe some hogshead cheese

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Silly Burrito posted:

My favorite bbq/brewpub in VT used to have a hog jowl sandwich that was amazing. New owners took over and axed it from the menu. :(

Its still a good place but I will forever miss that sandwich.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Silly Burrito posted:

I'd smoke and eat that

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I've had pork jowl bacon and it's :discourse:.

I swear there's a Mandela Effect going on as the original was supposed to say "This film is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan."

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I swear there's a Mandela Effect going on as the original was supposed to say "This film is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan."

lol what yeah that’s definitely different what the hell

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

I've had pork jowl bacon and it's :discourse:.

The guys behind the Blowback podcast are currently doing Afghanistan and they did a deep dive into that story and there's zero evidence it ever said that. It was just a really well done early Photoshop.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Air Skwirl posted:

The guys behind the Blowback podcast are currently doing Afghanistan and they did a deep dive into that story and there's zero evidence it ever said that. It was just a really well done early Photoshop.

What really? Count me as one of the incepted.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Gallant people is the original ending text

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
why do i want to say that like hot shots or something had a mujahideen reference?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Pron on VHS posted:

Gallant people is the original ending text

I am internet poisoned :negative:

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Wow, Iowa was both

a) Truly Awful
and b) Robbed by the officials

2 yards in the 2nd half. TWO!!!!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

JPrime posted:

why do i want to say that like hot shots or something had a mujahideen reference?

That was just Ryan Stiles.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Ether Frenzy posted:

Wow, Iowa was both

a) Truly Awful
and b) Robbed by the officials

2 yards in the 2nd half. TWO!!!!

Full disclosure, I did not watch the game, but any time you can kick 4 field goals and win the game I assume it was pretty ugly.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

The more exciting Gopher sports outcome for the weekend was winning @UND 4-0. The real fun dagger there is the empty net goal was what put it to 3-0, then UND put their goalie back in.

e: although it now looks like a split series is in the cards

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Full disclosure, I did not watch the game, but any time you can kick 4 field goals and win the game I assume it was pretty ugly.

Wrong thread, but one of my earliest football memories is a 5-3 Michigan win over Iowa, that I attended in-person with my dad in just plain gross weather. Checks out with Iowa IMO

Speaking of the Mandela Effect, I looked it up a couple of years ago and it turns out the game I've been thinking of all these years was a 5-0 win over Purdue in 1995 :goleft:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Blowjob Overtime posted:

The more exciting Gopher sports outcome for the weekend was winning @UND 4-0. The real fun dagger there is the empty net goal was what put it to 3-0, then UND put their goalie back in.

e: although it now looks like a split series is in the cards

That sucked. UND looked great in the first period then Minnesota took over. Going better tonight so far.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Iowa got a 60 yard punt return TD with 90 seconds left in the game, the officials reviewed it to see if he ran out of bounds (he didn't) and then since that didn't work they invented a completely made up call that isn't a penalty but creates a dead ball, negating the win. I've been watching college & NFL football for literally 40 years and have never seen that call before.

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1715866847306711317

Both teams were godawful, Minnesota's QB who's about a 58 overall rating looked like Tom Brady compared to the absolute chump bozo that is the Iowa QB (Deacon Hill) who is 34 for 92 on the season with 3 TD's, 4 INTs, and 4 fumbles to go with his -75 yards rushing. I have no idea what is wrong with the coach, other than severe brain damage, that he hasn't tried ANYTHING else at this stage.

The two worst teams in America combined for 22 points, not even within a TD of the lowest line in 30 years (30.5 points) in the NCAA.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Ether Frenzy posted:

Iowa got a 60 yard punt return TD with 90 seconds left in the game, the officials reviewed it to see if he ran out of bounds (he didn't) and then since that didn't work they invented a completely made up call that isn't a penalty but creates a dead ball, negating the win. I've been watching college & NFL football for literally 40 years and have never seen that call before.

Both teams were godawful, Minnesota's QB who's about a 58 overall rating looked like Tom Brady compared to the absolute chump bozo that is the Iowa QB (Deacon Hill) who is 34 for 92 on the season with 3 TD's, 4 INTs, and 4 fumbles to go with his -75 yards rushing. I have no idea what is wrong with the coach, other than severe brain damage, that he hasn't tried ANYTHING else at this stage.

The two worst teams in America combined for 22 points, not even within a TD of the lowest line in 30 years (30.5 points) in the NCAA.
:stare:
Okay, those refs are straight-up on the take or otherwise acting in bad faith. Because, loving seriously....

I'm deeply bored by my family. They spent a solid hour talking plumbing and lawn mowers, then we looked at my sister and brother-in-law's vacation pics for like half an hour, heard my aunt's misadventures with the Social Security Administration.
By the time my sister was telling a genuinely entertaining story about the comedy of errors that was picking up the flowers for her bestie's wedding, I was so burnt I couldn't even enjoy it!

God, they make me miss dating my ex, she would keep me busy at these things by being the weird goofball she is. But not going back to that well, I like her much better as a friend and she would probably have to leave after a few hours (she has some serious health problems) and then I would have to drive her home because she doesn't have a car.
Guess I'm just not on the same wavelength and never will be.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ether Frenzy posted:

i feel like i should clarify this sentence, Iowa entered the game with a 5-1 record and Minnesota was 3-3

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Yeah Iowa is going to finish regular season with 9-10 wins and probably play in the Big Ten Championship despite having one of the worst offenses in FBS.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Iowa will put up a gallant defense in that game and lose to Ohio State 42-0

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
If Iowa had to play any good teams (none of the Big Ten West teams would be .600 vs a solid middle school program) they'd be 3-9. They will get annihilated in the Big Ten Championship by whoever is there by 20 points, easily, the only hope is to go to a 4th tier bowl and maybe beat a bad team.

Iowa's Defense is currently ranked #27 in the nation, and they have been on the field for 532 plays. The average of the 26 teams ahead of them is 405 plays, only one other program in the country (Notre Dame) has played more than 500 plays on defense.

Iowa has punted 46 times this year, #1 in the NCAA. Iowa's offense has gotten 87 first downs this year, last in the NCAA. There are three programs who have one hundred more first downs on the season.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I'd like to reiterate that they got 2 yards total offense in the second half. Not bad if you're playing the 2000 Ravens or the 1985 Bears, pretty awful if you're playing the 63rd ranked defense in the NCAA

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I started the day with "there's a little drip under the kitchen sink" and ended having had to take a reciprocal saw to the completely frozen in place lock ring on the old garbage disposal and then replace that garbage disposal and also replace the down pipe and two seals on the right side sink, and also I got the wrong fitting to fix the drip on the valve for the master bathroom toilet but I fixed it anyway because the old one had its rubber seal in crooked and that's actually why it was dripping. Two trips to home depot, the second at 7pm.

Skinned my knuckles a bit wailing away at the lock ring thing with a ball peen hammer before I gave up on that and resorted to cutting tools.

However! I saved spending money on a plumber! So that's totally worth it then.

e. oh yeah some previous owner jackwagon apparently thought plumber's putty worked like glue and just loving, slathered it on every fitting. There's also limescale everywhere but I'm like 90% sure I was scraping plumber's putty out of the pipe threads.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Oct 22, 2023

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Ether Frenzy posted:

That call is loving horseshit and I’d be furious as an Iowa fan

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Verdict on Blue Man Group: loving AMAZING

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

I saved spending money on a plumber! So that's totally worth it then.

e. oh yeah some previous owner jackwagon apparently thought plumber's putty worked like glue and just loving, slathered it on every fitting. There's also limescale everywhere but I'm like 90% sure I was scraping plumber's putty out of the pipe threads.

Oh yeah I never posted I got around to fixing our T/P Valve awhile ago. Ordered the one that was already on there, why gently caress with what HAD worked. The old one was blowing out enough hot water the Water Dept. was sending us warnings about a leak and fines (just a constant hiss from the valve, rather it stuck open then stuck closed). The heater was constantly turning on trying to replace the water loss, which was loving with the gas bill. I’ve never plumbed, plus messing with a water heater was another level of ehhhh I shouldn’t be doing this. The male to female plugs and extensions that were on there seemed sketch but putting on the new valve itself was to short to mate with the water heaters threads. Anyway once I had all the parts and realized it worked cause it works i destroyed my hands trying to get the old stuff apart with my “not the right tools”. Almost gave up but zerker anger kicked in and was able to tear the old stuff apart. Cleaned up the threads, threw on some tape (while hands were shakey and throbbing) and buttoned it up. Watched it nonstop the first day and had a couple drips but it settled and all the issues went away. Everytime I pass it I think “hey I didn’t explode us” and get a little smile on my face

https://imgur.com/a/YcfZzHD

https://imgur.com/a/2UzesBY

The whole thing vents outside instead of down into the pan for whatever reason

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Oct 22, 2023

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
As much as a I hate that Trump will almost certainly be the Republican nominee, it is fun watching the other fuckers running eat poo poo.

https://twitter.com/danzu72/status/1715807039975285061?s=20

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Iowa doesn’t deserve good things. So that call was right, IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I am angry I possess a uterus tonight but the cats have started to become extra cuddly now that cooler weather is setting in so I am mellowed out. The edible also helps.