Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

these driving simulator games are getting out of hand

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
also inspired these while doing a car shoot

I guess these count as landscape too. Having never really shot cars, my plan was to just put it in a good landscape scene, but we only had midday light to work with. Turned out ok though.

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Oct 17, 2023

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe
Those are really cool!

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

That last car shot is very good, and I like the driving shots too. Would be good ones for the monthly contest thread!

A house in my neighborhood:

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Coming from a left-side driving country, seeing first person shots of right-side driving is deeply uncomfortable

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST

Bottom Liner posted:

also inspired these while doing a car shoot

I guess these count as landscape too. Having never really shot cars, my plan was to just put it in a good landscape scene, but we only had midday light to work with. Turned out ok though.

that wide shot from in car that looks awesome!

lollybo
Dec 29, 2008

A few shots I took from my X100T, which is an amazing camera for travel. Mine got stolen, and I still miss it to this day RIP.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Both of these look like stills from a cheesy fmv game and I mean that with only the highest praise. They're so good

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Definitely box art from a game called American Street Muscle.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

I like these. And RIP your X100T.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Spaced God posted:

Both of these look like stills from a cheesy fmv game and I mean that with only the highest praise. They're so good

i like that effect also. once i get the perfect shot that looks like fpv of colin mcrae rally in australia i will end the series.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

drat the graphics were way worse than what i remember! what a trip.

or my other favourite game

bobmarleysghost fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Oct 19, 2023

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

what about bear is driving?

Get yourself some bear paw gloves and go for the meme!

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

xzzy posted:

what about bear is driving?

Get yourself some bear paw gloves and go for the meme!

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

i'll keep an eye out for bear taxidermy

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

I hate these (compliment)

I feel like both could use to be cropped in and slightly rotated

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

i checked the second image, the strings are a bit askew. i dont even notice it, how'd you see that, i attributed it to a optical illusion with he edges surrounding them

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I find it easier to spot when the image is thumbnailed. There's definitely an illusion going on there too with the shadows and it makes it hard to be sure but it does feel tilted.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

drive time

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.

This is the best photo in this thread in at least 10 pages.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

bobmarleysghost posted:

i checked the second image, the strings are a bit askew. i dont even notice it, how'd you see that, i attributed it to a optical illusion with he edges surrounding them

The funny thing is I can't take a straight photo to save my life and usually don't notice they're tilted

tompepper
Feb 14, 2005

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

big black turnout posted:

The funny thing is I can't take a straight photo to save my life and usually don't notice they're tilted

This is part of why I went to mirrorless, now I have a spirit level right there in the EVF :v:

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Don't you find that stuff distracting? Or do you just function button it so it only pops up when you need it?

I've got guidelines on in my OVF and that's about all I want getting in between me and the scene.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

I just leave it up, but I might use a function-button for it, need to look into that actually.

Looks like this through the viewfinder. I don't find it very distracting in practice.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Canon lets you customize it quite a bit. I have the 'info' button set to toggle between a display with the level and a histogram and a display with zero hud elements. It lets you have up to four configs but I find cycling through a bunch annoying so I just use the two.

I assume other brands have customization too! Dig through them menus.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

xzzy posted:

Canon lets you customize it quite a bit. I have the 'info' button set to toggle between a display with the level and a histogram and a display with zero hud elements. It lets you have up to four configs but I find cycling through a bunch annoying so I just use the two.

That's what I do too. One with everything I use, one with nothing.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

I'm in South Korea right now, haven't really had a chance to go through and edit all my pictures (kinda sucks doing it on a phone) but I thought these 2 from Nami Island went nicely together

field balm fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Oct 26, 2023

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

So many little things in this picture I like.
A lot of people would have cropped out the pipe on the right but I'm glad you didn't.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
Whispy! Beautiful 😍