Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

It is november 2020, Will is upset with me. I am not sure why.

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.

Gripweed posted:

The IMDB page for 57 seconds does not list a character named Ingraham, and searching for 57 Seconds Ingraham only brings up the Chapo episode. I think they imagined that character.

Thats because the character is named "Ingram", theyre all spelling and pronouncing it wrong

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

That appears to be Kenneth Kynt Bryan as "Dark Man" per IMDB. Thank you for the screenshots, I'm happy to see Blue Darth Maul.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

real talk I thought they were doing an engram Destiny 2 bit for the entire ep.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lmao

rachel ray romano
Jul 5, 2021

Just now remembering the jokes Felix made about activating his reply guys as sleeper agents using certain phrases.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

Christman reassembling himself like Dr Manhattan in order to Post

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.
isnt that the Law & Order guy?

Stutes
Oct 13, 2005

Tonight's the Night
no it’s this guy

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Mr. Grinch posted:

isnt that the Law & Order guy?

how do you not recognize NYPD Detective Lennie Briscoe?

https://x.com/jessehawken/status/1715742597702963314?s=20

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Gripweed posted:

I was listening to an old episode of What a Time to Be Alive and one of the hosts said he had just gone to see the Dark Tower movie with Matt and Matt got so mad at it he just whispered "gently caress off" every time the movie diverged from the book.

Surely one as observant as Matt could see that Roland had retained the Horn of Eld this cycle and was no longer shackled to repeating the same mistakes over and over again? The movie was a very obvious sequel to the book series.

Mr. Grinch posted:

Thats because the character is named "Ingram", theyre all spelling and pronouncing it wrong

It looks and sounds exactly how they said it, I dunno.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Surely one as observant as Matt could see that Roland had retained the Horn of Eld this cycle and was no longer shackled to repeating the same mistakes over and over again? The movie was a very obvious sequel to the book series.

It also sucked extremely bad.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

It was so bad.

sock it to me!
Feb 7, 2010
Another case where my rule of media consumption wins again: If you've read the book don't see the movie, and only see the movie if you haven't read the book.

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007

sock it to me! posted:

Another case where my rule of media consumption wins again: If you've read the book don't see the movie, and only see the movie if you haven't read the book.

Counterpoint: Jurassic Park

sock it to me!
Feb 7, 2010
A very rare exception, but yeah you're definitely right.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

sock it to me! posted:

dune was close to reversing the rule.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

lonelylikezoidberg posted:

Counterpoint: Jurassic Park

Die Hard, Jaws, The Ring, American Psycho, there are so many movies better than the book.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
the best are like catch-22 and the shining where the movie and the book are equally good, but still different.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

The Mist is a far superior movie to the book.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

sock it to me! posted:

Inherent Vice breaks this rule hard

Not that the movie is better but that each uses the medium

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
This is a good conversation in general but the Dark Tower movie is a sequel to the book series, and therefore all differences from the book are intentional. The reader of the book will understand because Roland still has the Horn of Eld, which he had lost long ago in the book series. Not having the Horn of Eld is part of why Roland has to repeat the cycle over and over again.

Being mad about deviation from the source material does not apply in this case, as it is explicitly a sequel if you're not too apoplectic to notice.

Also, The Dark Tower series and Starfield are 99% the same thing and perhaps that's part of the reason some folks are mad about it. That and childish refusal to just get an Xbox, another metaphor for the Horn of Eld.

Randal Flagg, The Walkin' Dude, also known as Walter O'Dim, is a metaphor for Sony brand loyalty.

Furthermore, in this series of TED Talks I shall

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/1716170399724216695

hell yeah, apps!

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Most people rejected His message.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Meds, injury, or performance art?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

This is how Matt becomes a messianic figure, only speaking in code now

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

17. And they implored Him, saying, "Give us a sign, master; when will he come, and how shall we know him?"

18. And he responded, saying, "Tactical Jerry Orbach. Reddit."

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

These new Q drops are not what I expected and, yet, everything I needed.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Thinking about the time Bust Rodd didn't know who Devo was

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

These new Q drops are not what I expected and, yet, everything I needed.

lmao

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

cisman posting reddit links smh 🤦

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Trying to imagine the sleeper agent Reddit mod he just activated. What’s their mission? How tactical Jerry orbach can they possibly post maxi?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Mr. Lobe posted:

Meds, injury, or performance art?

Yes.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I haven’t read the Dark Tower or seen the movie, but I know that it takes place in a lavish post-apocalyptic fantasy world containing some sort of multiversal hub, while the movie looked from the trailers to be about Idris Elba having low-rent Matrix fights with a guy in the abandoned warehouse district.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

How deeply Matt's knowledge, humour and anger has been missed over the past few weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Vigil Texas also missing in action, reportedly last seen working the night shift at a Montgomery Alabama Huddle House