Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."
I hate posting these guys but haven't seen anywhere else:

https://twitter.com/sentdefender/status/1716120096760832253?t=bm9Fj6vrcrGZ7S0sGtEFyA&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iverron
May 13, 2012

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Trying to revive her dead career with this I see

boner comedies fell off the aughts

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Elden Lord Godfrey posted:

I've always wondered why soft-handed soft-brained Americans really like Israel without even being Jewish or religious.

I left this part out because it sounds so over the top, impolitic to mention, and I frankly wish it wasn't true because it makes me feel like I always gotta leave this part out -- but the guy looked like a Der Stürmer caricature come to life complete with yarmulke so I'm assuming he came by his rabid Zionism... more honestly than that.

I know I know! It was the wildest loving thing but it's seared into my memory, 12 years old, sitting down expecting to continue our lesson plan on diagramming sentences or whatever the gently caress and instead the sub comes in and he's giving us this no-context non sequitur tirade of "It's a paradise made from a desert, surrounded by evil bad guys but strong!"

Even then I knew where Israel got their jets and stuff from, so when he got worked up to "they could even beat America in a war!" I kind of wanted to raise my hand and say "wouldn't America just uh stop sending them bombs to use?" but he was... on a real tear.

Owlbear Camus has issued a correction as of 18:32 on Oct 22, 2023

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Familiarizing myself with Kach/Kahanism bas been a really stomach turning venture

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

The radical left can't keep getting away with these lockdowns! Freedom from medical tyranny!

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

mila kunis posted:

alternate option: continue doing what they're doing now, starvation and bombardment.

Yeah, they aren’t going in. Starvibg the population is easier and requires less infantry in urban combat.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

Death By The Blues posted:

One of those Zionist soldiers breaching Gaza was killed

https://twitter.com/AJABreaking/status/1716143495600038048

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h3Zx4bV0RE&pp=ygUWamMgZGVudG9uIHdoYXQgYSBzaGFtZQ%3D%3D

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

I'll say it: the Jets are better off without Aaron Rodgers

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Death By The Blues posted:

Now the US is telling their citizens not to go to Iraq

sounds like Biden moved left on at least one issue

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

blessed

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Asproigerosis posted:

The radical left can't keep getting away with these lockdowns! Freedom from medical tyranny!

i heard hunter biden has biolabs in gaza

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

they would if they saw your posts

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

blessed

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Talk about a timely headline, Israel is adding even more settlements to their evacuation plans because of the pressure from Hezbollah. We'll have to see what the Israeli internal displacement numbers look like.

https://twitter.com/MayadeenEnglish/status/1715973856941232559?s=20

it’s not clear to me what’s happening here, is hezbollah sending fighters into israel like hamas, or is this just rocket attacks, or?

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

the reaction from the suburbanites driving into/out of the city is going to be predictable

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

blessed

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Hezbollah has wrecked basically all surveillance/tracking devices on the Lebanon/Israeli border on top of their intricate tunnel system, so if a full scale war break outs Hezbollah can get into Israeli territory. Also, because of this Israel is forced to conduct military patrols on the border which means open easy picking targets, which just happened.

https://twitter.com/EyesOnSouth1/status/1716152505451618427

Death By The Blues has issued a correction as of 19:02 on Oct 22, 2023

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

smarxist posted:

huge good vibes demonstration in Philly last night :unsmith:
https://twitter.com/prismxp/status/1715874770762256797

blessed

Pomeroy posted:

https://twitter.com/PplsCityCouncil/status/1715835917402013700

Having been there, I think the estimate on crowd size is over-optimistic, my party is guessing it was fifteen thousand, but this was still incredible, and again no counter-demonstrators dared show up.

blessed again (agreed that the numbers are usually inflated but that’s part of the game and the trend across the world is consistent — massive, growing crowds and almost zero fash presence)

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Omer Balva, a 22-year-old Rockville native, was back from his home in Israel. Then, during his U.S. vacation earlier this month, Hamas stormed southern Israel, kidnapping hundreds and killing more than 1,000. Balva’s reserve infantry unit in the Israel Defense Forces quickly recalled him.

But before his return, he wanted to gather supplies he knew that soldiers in his unit might need. So he and his friend Ethan Missner, who has known Balva since they were 7-year-old students at Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School in Rockville, went shopping. They bought knee pads, elbow pads, earmuffs and other supplies for the 9203rd Battalion of the Alexandroni Brigade, Missner recalled. The two spent Balva’s last night stateside at Missner’s parents’ home in Potomac stuffing a duffel bag full of gear.

A week later, Balva was dead. The Israeli American was killed Friday by an antitank missile fired from Lebanon by the militant group Hezbollah while his unit served on that country’s border with Israel, the IDF confirmed.

Story continues below advertisement

“He was such a loving person,” said Missner, 23. “He brought a lot of light to the world.”

Balva, who grew up in the Maryland suburbs of Washington with three siblings, was among the 360,000 reservists that the Israeli military called up to battle Hamas. After finishing high school, in 2019, Balva had moved to Israel with his parents, enlisted and enrolled in Reichman University, Missner said.

The pair remained in contact after Balva was deployed to the Israeli border.

“He said that he could hear bombs dropping at night and it was tough for him to sleep,” Missner said. “But on par with who Omer is, if anything he was more concerned with how his family was feeling, his girlfriend, me. He didn’t want people to feel sad for him.”

On Israel’s northern border, Hezbollah missiles fly and civilians flee

The Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School community — including alumni, students, faculty and staff — is “completely devastated and heartbroken” to learn of Balva’s death, said Rabbi Mitchel Malkus, head of the school, in an emailed statement.

“Omer was a beloved student,” Malkus said. “He was an unabashed advocate for the state of Israel. He is a hero to the state of Israel, the Jewish people and the school. We mourn his loss.”

Classmate Emma Hoch, 23, remembers Balva as “vibrant,” the kind of person who lit up any room he entered. After learning of his death through a family friend, Hoch said she re-watched a series of videos Balva posted on YouTube cataloguing their senior trip to Israel. In one, Balva interviews his classmates as they take in the sights of Jerusalem and drop a few hip-hop rhymes along the way.

“Omer had a very contagious laugh and just was filled with love,” said Hoch, a resident of Gaithersburg. “This is just absolutely gut-wrenching.”

Hoch said Balva was proud of his Israeli roots, which he detailed in a class presentation on his family that still lives online. In it, Balva shared that his father’s family had resided in the Israeli city of Tiberias since the 1400s and his grandmother had survived the many wars that ensued in Israel. Balva said his father, Eyal Balva, migrated to the United States in 1996 to join his brothers and start his own business. Balva said he planned to raise his children in Israel and had a “passion” to protect the land.

When Balva enlisted at 18, he wrote Missner a letter to remind him of all they had shared as children and all they had to look forward to as men — marriage, kids, a lifetime of memories.

“He wrote that when he’s having a tough time, he imagines us at 24, 25 with our families on vacation, just being together. ... That’s the one thought that always put a smile on his face, because he wanted to start a family young,” Missner said.

Balva’s family could not be immediately reached for comment. His father is the chief executive of Floranation, a company based in Landover, Md., that imports flowers, and Eyal Balva splits his time between the United States and Israel, Missner said.

The Israeli army has been positioning military forces along the border with Lebanon, some 115 miles from Gaza, amid an exchange of fire from both sides. That is where Balva’s unit was stationed.

I don’t get what he thought he was dying over

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Someone earlier brought up the unsustainable divide in Israel between the religious right who lusts for war and secular, liberal center who has to fight those wars. I really cannot describe how severe this gulf is, it is everywhere.

If you haven't been paying attention to Israeli politics, before this invasion the entire country has been gripped by riots and demonstrations against netenyahu. Liberals have been taking to the streets marching against the ultra conservative likud party and its death grip on the government. State riot police were dispatched to quell those marches with tear gas and batons. King Bibi (as netenyahu is called by the liberals there) is under a dozen different corruption charges that his office grants immunity from. If he is removed, there is a real chance of consequences for him. But the structure and political makeup of the Isreali government is such that removal is near impossible, and Bibi was pushing through judicial revforms to further solidify his grip on power. And thus you have the marches.

https://www.npr.org/2023/07/22/1189627225/israel-protests-netanyahu-judiciary

The "netenyahu is responsible for this catastrophe" is a liberal political line being towed by the white-collar, professional, secular Jewish population.

The center cannot hold. You cannot have a bunch of religious psychopaths demanding war but also never having to serve in that war. If there is a single core ideological pillar upon which liberalism rests it is "I don't want to suffer" and invading gaza is truly the Samson to that pillar.

Although I do not know the internal workings of how a military functions, my guess is that the hesitation to launch the invasion has a lot to do with the hesitation of the liberal soldiers to fight for a regime they do not support.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

Yeah, they aren’t going in. Starvibg the population is easier and requires less infantry in urban combat.

can't bulldoze rubble or lay foundations or erect buildings using air strikes. can't even lay down barbed wire and set up sniper towers to turn north gaza into a dmz using air strikes.

capital demands that its zionist lackeys put their boots on the ground and bleed for it

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

blessed

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

lumpentroll posted:

does she still do standup

yeah, standup for genocide

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"
e: Whoops, already posted

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

lol

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

Centrist Committee posted:

it’s not clear to me what’s happening here, is hezbollah sending fighters into israel like hamas, or is this just rocket attacks, or?

Hezbollah has fortified positions within sight of the border, close enough to shoot across it with infantry weapons if they wanted to, and they are firing across the border at similar Israeli positions on the other side. in particular they seem to be firing anti-tank missiles at pretty much any exposed Israeli military vehicle they see.

there are also some rockets and mortar shells coming down into Israel from Lebanon and those are probably mostly fired by Hezbollah, but there's exiled Palestinian militant groups up there who are also probably doing their own thing

at least one group of fighters did infiltrate across the border but that was probably a Palestinian group and not Hezbollah, with Hezbollah mostly limiting itself to just shooting across the border so far.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

does anyone have a link to Trump’s bit quoting the Quran?

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

smarxist posted:

huge good vibes demonstration in Philly last night :unsmith:
https://twitter.com/prismxp/status/1715874770762256797

thats awesome. :) i really wanted to be there but had to leave philly that evening. :(

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe
lol my reddit account of like 4+ years got suspended for "suspicious activity" and the only thing it's done recently was make pro-palestinian comments in a few subs and their process for recovering it wont work for me. huh weird

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Pobrecito posted:

lol my reddit account of like 4+ years got suspended for "suspicious activity" and the only thing it's done recently was make pro-palestinian comments in a few subs and their process for recovering it wont work for me. huh weird

reddit is bad

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

DrPossum posted:

reddit is bad

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Lol who bought an ad for this thread?

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Al-Saqr posted:

From what I read online the Israeli patrol only made it like five meters into Gaza before getting blown up lol.

praise Allah, most gracious, most merciful

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Pobrecito posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOqb_UzJSUQ

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

The Voice of Labor posted:

can't bulldoze rubble or lay foundations or erect buildings using air strikes. can't even lay down barbed wire and set up sniper towers to turn north gaza into a dmz using air strikes.

capital demands that its zionist lackeys put their boots on the ground and bleed for it

Gaza Disney Land is going to have some bleak attractions.

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."
https://twitter.com/LahavHarkov/status/1716156567035289661?t=WeqkTFHpIyNp4OXfSERRcg&s=19

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Gripweed posted:

Lol who bought an ad for this thread?

D&D I think

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

From what I read online the Israeli patrol only made it like five meters into Gaza before getting blown up lol.

rest in pieces

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

PawParole posted:

https://twitter.com/CaptCoronado/status/1715927056779751571

take this with a giant grain of salt.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

You're an idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Hezbollah appears to be doing just enough to force Israel to guard another front.