Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
you can live in a car but you can't drive a house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
We need an alignment chart for affordable housing.

“Cardboard boxes are affordable housing.”

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

cool av posted:

in Egypt (and I assume other places where traffic is basically an unregulated free-for-all) making eye contact w/ a driver is a sign that they can go ahead.

if you want to cross a busy street you gotta just plow forward as if you don't see any of the cars. on the plus side the streets are so congested they're usually incapable of going > 30 mph

it's annoying being somewhere where whether they will stop or not is really unpredictable. in Washington a lot of people will stop and be almost excessively yielding but just as many will blow past whatever crossing or light. in turkey the cars just go and you can work your way around that. too many people trying to be "nice" makes it unpredictable. i hear this happens driving too, where people will wave you by when they have the right of way.

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

mawarannahr posted:

it's annoying being somewhere where whether they will stop or not is really unpredictable. in Washington a lot of people will stop and be almost excessively yielding but just as many will blow past whatever crossing or light. in turkey the cars just go and you can work your way around that. too many people trying to be "nice" makes it unpredictable. i hear this happens driving too, where people will wave you by when they have the right of way.

yeah people not using their right of way makes things more complicated and difficult for everyone

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
motorcycles ftw

It mocks her with its smug aura.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Platystemon posted:

motorcycles ftw

It mocks her with its smug aura.

It'd be a shame if it got knocked over while someone was squeezing by.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
working class solidarity is when you break other workers' stuff

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷
attempt to educate them by posting a PSA to your local city subreddit

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
thoughts?

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

motor cycle drivers beg for death, you are saving his life if you kill the bike

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

spacemang_spliff posted:

Nyt walking a hundred miles to not say "homeless"

Toxic positivity strikes again

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

The second car today is being towed from the street in front of my house. I don't know what the hell is going on, but I'm hoping the street is cursed so cars just die from parking there.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Trabisnikof posted:

this thread loves the cops almost as much as the econ thread
gently caress a cop tbqh

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

working class solidarity is when you break other workers' stuff
working class solidarity is when you don’t impede people with strollers and wheelchairs.

GI Joe jobs posted:

Speaking of, how did HID headlights ever become legal? They're dangerously bright when you're off angle, especially for lower cars. These cars need to be taken off the road and crushed / issued a corrective piece of tape
It’s not just HID’s it’s every headlight with any kind of throw once they’re misaligned, left on high because gently caress you, the plastic lens goes hazy, or a million possible other things.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

evil_bunnY posted:

working class solidarity is when you don’t impede people with strollers and wheelchairs.

why is your instinct to just break everyone's poo poo instead of talking to them? like if they're blocking the sidewalk regularly, go knock on their door and talk to them. they're just other workers in the same community, you don't need to swing a machining tool laden pool noodle at their face for inconveniencing you

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The sidewalk is the public commons. The motorcycle is enclosing it. Its operator is a landlord.

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf

why is your instinct to just break everyone's poo poo instead of talking to them? like if they're blocking the sidewalk regularly, go knock on their door and talk to them. they're just other workers in the same community, you don't need to swing a machining tool laden pool noodle at their face for inconveniencing you

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
leftism is when you break poo poo instead of engaging in community building, goons ftw

mystes
May 31, 2006

leftism is when you break poo poo instead of engaging in community building, goons ftw
leftism is when motorcycles block sidewalks so people using strollers/wheelchairs can't use them because Second Hand Meat Mouth likes motorcycles, goons ftw

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Don't make me post hundreds of British videos about pavement parking (because I won't).

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

mystes posted:

leftism is when motorcycles block sidewalks so people using strollers/wheelchairs can't use them because Second Hand Meat Mouth likes motorcycles, goons ftw

what? if you think I've endorsed motorcycles parking on sidewalks then you should quote that post instead. and once you fail to find such a post, you should probably go back to d&d and take one of their famous media literacy classes.

do you think that the person who owns the motorcycle is likely to be a leftist? what's so controversial about suggesting talking to the person who owns the motorcycle to resolve the problem instead of just knocking it over (which won't free the sidewalk, and motorcycles are not easy to drag)?

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

eXXon posted:

Don't make me post hundreds of British videos about pavement parking (because I won't).

I’m just going to assume that British people are fascinated with long compilations of the band pavement parking in various places

It’s the most charitable thing I can come up with and more than they deserve anyway

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpUYjpKg9KY

HashtagGirlboss posted:

I’m just going to assume that British people are fascinated with long compilations of the band pavement parking in various places

It’s the most charitable thing I can come up with and more than they deserve anyway

they call it kerb

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

The reasonable thing to do is light the cars by the sidewalk on fire, they're taking up way more space than the motorcycle.

Reasonable is not legal though.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
we have a second gimmick account posting "cars ftw" since one was not enough

mystes
May 31, 2006

what? if you think I've endorsed motorcycles parking on sidewalks then you should quote that post instead. and once you fail to find such a post, you should probably go back to d&d and take one of their famous media literacy classes.

do you think that the person who owns the motorcycle is likely to be a leftist? what's so controversial about suggesting talking to the person who owns the motorcycle to resolve the problem instead of just knocking it over (which won't free the sidewalk, and motorcycles are not easy to drag)?
No I don't think a motorcycle owner is likely to be a leftist, nor do I think it's reasonable to expect a person in a wheelchair to walk up the stairs to each house going door to door to find the motorcycle riding chud who's probably going to shoot them

Gabagool
Jul 20, 2020

Idk I left a dog poo poo bag (filled with snow, not poop) on a BMW that blocked the crosswalk and they never did it again. Get creative

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

mystes posted:

I'm sure people in wheelchairs love to walk up the stairs to each house going door to door to find the motorcycle riding chud who's probably going to shoot them

lol you keep changing your little fantasy here. now tell me how this poor wheelchair person knocking the bike onto the ground will make things better

edit: nice edit. are you in a wheelchair? would you knock the bike over?

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

mystes posted:

No I don't think a motorcycle owner is likely to be a leftist, nor do I think it's reasonable to expect a person in a wheelchair to walk up the stairs to each house going door to door to find the motorcycle riding chud who's probably going to shoot them

Motorcycles are the car of bicycles, but at least they're not cars.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

It's a beautiful fall day, so I walked to the grocery store and broke in my new sandals a bit (Bedrock Cairns, they are amazing).

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

mystes posted:

lmao

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

I knock over a dozen motorcycles just getting out of bed in the morning

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
When someone scratches their motorcycle because the lesson of not leaving toys on the sidewalk didn’t stick when they were five years old:

Platystemon has issued a correction as of 21:30 on Oct 22, 2023

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i know everybody in my neighborhood and walking down the street is like the intro to eurekas castle but with weird slavs and latinos instead of monsters and magical creatures

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

mystes posted:

these questions aren't really important to the discussion but nonetheless

is the hypothetical wheelchair user on their way to roll down that enormous hill right on the other side of the motorcycle

is a wheelchair user likely to live in hilly neighborhoods like those where every home is on steps and a raised foundation

Platystemon posted:

When someone scratches their motorcycle because the lesson of not leaving toys on the sidewalk didn’t stick when they were five years old:

okay so you've knocked the motorcycle over, now there's a motorcycle laying on the sidewalk, possibly some broken glass on the ground, thanks for making the situation better?

like what's the endgame here?
":twisted: try getting to that gayass emt job now, chud biker gently caress. that'll teach you for poorly parking your transportation that causes no traffic congestion and burns almost no fuel and doesn't kill tons of pedestrians and cyclists! fafõ!"

FirstnameLastname has issued a correction as of 21:39 on Oct 22, 2023

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

The wheelchair user is made of straw and you set them on fire, you monster.

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires
Things with wheels; notoriously hard to move

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I'm a derailed train. Can you move me?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

FirstnameLastname posted:

okay so you've knocked the motorcycle over, now there's a motorcycle laying on the sidewalk, possibly some broken glass on the ground, thanks for making the situation better?

I engage antifa super strength to move it to the lawn.

mystes
May 31, 2006

edit: nice edit. are you in a wheelchair? would you knock the bike over?
I am not in a wheelchair nor would I knock the motorcycle over but you responded to this post:

evil_bunnY posted:

gently caress a cop tbqh

It’s not just HID’s it’s every headlight with any kind of throw once they’re misaligned, left on high because gently caress you, the plastic lens goes hazy, or a million possible other things.
by saying:

So I assume that you think that people in wheelchairs should also go door to door begging for some rear end in a top hat to move their motorcycle which they shouldn't have parked on the sidewalk in the first place

mystes has issued a correction as of 21:45 on Oct 22, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Dog Case posted:

Things with wheels; notoriously hard to move

you've never owned a motorcycle