Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

FireWorksWell posted:

I've been sifting through the favorite little things thread and there's been pages of love for Prey '17 where I'm at, I've got it wishlisted because it seems like a really fun ride

it is on Gamepass, or $7.50 in a more permanent form

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
1998 ftw

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen
What a great vision of the future of talking points in retirement homes

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Neco posted:

Don't worry, nobody posting in this thread is going to be able to retire.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Kevyn posted:

1993 ftw

:hai:

Link to the past, Doom, Day of the Tentacle, Sam & Max, Gabriel Knight and Master of Orion.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Neco posted:

Don't worry, you'll still get called gamer words in COD too

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Issaries posted:

Link to the past, Doom, Day of the Tentacle, Sam & Max, Gabriel Knight and Master of Orion.

LTTP wasn’t 1993. SimCity 2000 was though, so yeah good year

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Issaries posted:

And as of last week, Gabriel Knight belongs to Microsoft. Speaking of 1993, Space Quest 5 and LSL6 also came out, also now Microsoft.

I wonder if they'll ever do anything with the Sierra catalog.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It's time to rerelease SWAT 4 with XBOX Live multiplayer.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

the best year for games was when the internet wasn't a common thing

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Tei posted:

I played it a bit, then uninstalled. I through that its a interesting game, well made, with good graphics, good UI, good story..

My reason to uninstalling it was checking the skill tree for the characters. There where nothing in the tree that I just wanted to play more to unlock. So I did not played more.

Edit:
I could use more words, but was literally that. Did not found the deep I wanted on a game of this type.

I absolutelly loved Marvel's Midnight Suns.

Midnight Suns is fantastic and more games should be like it.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

hatty posted:

2023 might be the new best year

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

1glitch0 posted:

Midnight Suns is fantastic and more games should be like it.

It’s excellent on Steam Deck too. I would like another expansion because I’ve pretty much finished everything, although it’s fun to just do random encounters with still.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Midnight suns is fun but I’m really not interested in the abbey parts. The missions are cool though.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

They really nailed all of the characters

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Tatsuta Age posted:

was 2007 the orange box year, I remember that year being overloaded with good poo poo

2007 was amazing too. TF2/Portal/HL2, the first Assassin's Creed, Rock Band, Mass Effect, and Bioshock, and all around the world the absolute domination of the Wii (including Mario Galaxy). poo poo you might be right

2023 has both a new Mario, and Zelda, with a remastered Metroid tho

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I felt like I played multiple all-timers this year. The last time I had similar feelings was in 2017. I can't remember anything past that.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Any year FROM drop a souls like is goated

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
weirdly the best thing I might have played this year is the cyberpunk dlc. im sad there isn't going to be another one

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
AC6 is my GOTY and gave me a type of game and experience I didn't even know I wanted, which is a great feeling. So for that and a few other games 2023 is definitely in the decent category. E- just remembered the new yakuza is coming day 1 to gamepass in November, it's a good year. Also for as controversial as starfield is, its a fun 7/10 to me that I enjoy dipping back into here and there with quick resume and leisurely just doing what I want.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Oct 24, 2023

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

I felt like I played multiple all-timers this year. The last time I had similar feelings was in 2017. I can't remember anything past that.

This is the first year probably ever, where instead of struggling to come up with ten games worthy of a top ten, I'm gonna have to exclude some worthy titles, and choose between like 5 different games that could be GOTY in a lesser year.

GOTY is clearly BG3 though.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Feels Villeneuve posted:

weirdly the best thing I might have played this year is the cyberpunk dlc. im sad there isn't going to be another one

This and BG3 are neck and neck for me. I hope Alan Wake 2 is as good as it looks, could be up there too.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I was gonna say that Starfield and Forza being lame were bringing down this year but I forgot that Elden Ring was actually this year so yeah, 2023 fucks

veni veni veni posted:

This is the first year probably ever, where instead of struggling to come up with ten games worthy of a top ten, I'm gonna have to exclude some worthy titles, and choose between like 5 different games that could be GOTY in a lesser year.

GOTY is clearly BG3 though.

BG3 will be game of the year next year too when it finally hits the xbox. Especially since the Xbox version will launch with quite a few solid patches under its belt.

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Oct 22, 2023

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Well if it makes you feel any better they are now working on the sequel

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Lies of P dropped this 2023, it's like... 95% Souls

Seriously are they paying royalties because drat (it's pretty good tho)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Professor Beetus posted:

I was gonna say that Starfield and Forza being lame were bringing down this year but I forgot that Elden Ring was actually this year so yeah, 2023 fucks

BG3 will be game of the year next year too when it finally hits the xbox. Especially since the Xbox version will launch with quite a few solid patches under its belt.

Elden ring was not this year

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah I haven’t tried it but it sounds like the PS5 version of BG3 is less polished than the PC version, but Larian is good about supporting their games. Xbox players will likely get a better version at launch so the wait isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

2007 was amazing too. TF2/Portal/HL2, the first Assassin's Creed, Rock Band, Mass Effect, and Bioshock, and all around the world the absolute domination of the Wii (including Mario Galaxy). poo poo you might be right

2023 has both a new Mario, and Zelda, with a remastered Metroid tho

Stalker is 2007 which goes a long way in making it the goat

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I’m scared stalker 2 is never coming out.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I think it's supposed to be January?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

They did a hands on preview last month and people are pretty skeptical about the viability of the q1 2024 release date after playing it. I guess it’s like, launch cyberpunk levels of unpolished atm.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Elden ring was not this year

God dammit

Well uh still HiFi Rush!!!

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

People keep saying Elden ring dlc is this year but idk where they’re getting that from. If it does happen this year is nutty

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

MechaSeinfeld posted:

People keep saying Elden ring dlc is this year but idk where they’re getting that from. If it does happen this year is nutty
No way it's this year. Probably the spring. That would be close to 2 years since the base game launched.

the rat fandom
Apr 28, 2010

Professor Beetus posted:

God dammit

Well uh still HiFi Rush!!!

Seriously HiFi Rush is fantastic but came out so early this year and before so many other fantastic games it feels like its been forgotten.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

got resi4 remake, it rules

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

the rat fandom posted:

Seriously HiFi Rush is fantastic but came out so early this year and before so many other fantastic games it feels like its been forgotten.

I haven't forgotten. Hi-Fi Rush rules!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

An Xbox 3rd party showcase is planned for this Wednesday 25/10.

https://x.com/JezCorden/status/1716469536361423183?s=20