Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

NERD FIIIIIGHT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
guys did you hear george r r martin still uses a dos-based wordstar??? XD XD XD

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

One of the most truly fascinating character arcs I've ever seen in film, is Ogre starting out as a jock that hated nerds, ultimately becoming a nerd himself.

I don't think I've ever seen a film series that got me more hyped. Not even Captain America using Mjolnir could compare to the excitement of Ogre joining Lambda Lambda Lambda.

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

Jamesman posted:

One of the most truly fascinating character arcs I've ever seen in film, is Ogre starting out as a jock that hated nerds, ultimately becoming a nerd himself.

I don't think I've ever seen a film series that got me more hyped. Not even Captain America using Mjolnir could compare to the excitement of Ogre joining Lambda Lambda Lambda.

Doesn't he kill a guy in the first film?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQO-AfKG4bk

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

BooDooBoo posted:

it was a different time

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

BooDooBoo posted:

also one of the protagonists rapes a woman and we're supposed to cheer them on

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!

Jaxyon posted:

also one of the protagonists rapes a woman and we're supposed to cheer them on

But she was totally into it!

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The movie proves that nerds have always been the lowest class of people

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

oldpainless posted:

The movie proves that nerds have always been the lowest class of people

Shut up, nerd.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

biznatchio posted:

It wouldn’t have been notable for being programmed in assembly if programming games in assembly was at all normal or even recently normal. Even super-demanding games were being done in C (or, at the minimum, mostly in C) for at least the previous decade.

It was still fairly common for console games to be written in assembler at the time (and even on PC the change happened in the mid 90s at the earliest)

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

Incorrect, gurm doesn't write at all anymore.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

BooDooBoo posted:

Cap doesn't kill any people in the first film. He does kill a lot of Nazis though.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Killing is one of the most American things to do.

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

Paladinus posted:

Killing is one of the most American things to do.

It's why suicide is illegal. You owe the state murders, and the right to then murder you for those murders. Killing yourself is the worst kind of theft there is

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Baron von Eevl posted:

Incorrect, gurm doesn't write at all anymore.

not true he writes plenty of blog posts about football

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

ookiimarukochan posted:

It was still fairly common for console games to be written in assembler at the time (and even on PC the change happened in the mid 90s at the earliest)

Not really, starting with around the PS1/N64, console SDKs were C-only. Console games being written entirely or almost-entirely in assembler died out with the 16-bit generation. And in the PC arena, Wolfenstein 3D (1992) was C, and if C was good enough for Wolf3D, it was good enough for anyone. By the time of Quake (1996), which was also written in C, writing a game entirely in assembler would not have been considered normal, on PC or on console. Unreal, in 1998 (a year before Rollercoaster Tycoon), was in C++, to give an idea of how far past doing everything in assembly that the games industry had gotten.

Yes, it was fairly common that certain, small performance-critical parts of a game were done in assembler well into the late-mid 90s, but throughout most of the decade, even on consoles, the overwhelming bulk of development was done in C. By 1999, the days of a game being written with even just "significant portions" written in assembler was long, long gone; and the days of a game being written entirely in assembler were ancient history.

(And fortunately for Chris Sawyer, 1999 was right before "hand-writing assembler will give you faster code than a compiler will" stopped being true, as newer processors started having byzantine performance characteristics that only compilers could really wrangle at scale.)

biznatchio has a new favorite as of 00:30 on Oct 23, 2023

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Who does ogre kill

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=le-liyQA-Wg

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Is it trying to say anything or was it designed by an ESL speaker who was really bad at it

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
Tfw hand in hand up in my room room

mystes
May 31, 2006

you have to hand up my room it to them

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Grassy Knowles posted:

Tfw hand in hand up in my room room

b...bonk???

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

this but also after ukraine got invaded

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/cherylmason/status/1715862259946164447

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
i never made it that far, i always got run over by the rollercoaster

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

https://twitter.com/TheWoodborg/status/1716120081971778009?s=20

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50NuiQGcrZc

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

That's incredible

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

loving brilliant

By the sounds of things, that's Limmy and another actor from the Limmy Show who's name escapes me at the mo

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

It's this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dEKQL0I4LU

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

I got room room

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I recognised the source on the Yakuza video like 2 seconds in. It's amazing and blends perfectly with Yakuza 0