Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

how do you think this affect full auto pilot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Jonny Nox posted:

More likely to accidentally run over a pedestrian but less likely to deliberately run over a pedestrian.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Jonny Nox posted:

“You won’t care.”

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Platystemon posted:

“You won’t care.”

"Because you'll be dead or severely injured"

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
What's the best way to store tires? I don't got room indoors so I raised them up, stacked them and put a tarp over.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

His Divine Shadow posted:

What's the best way to store tires? I don't got room indoors so I raised them up, stacked them and put a tarp over.

Under a tarp is fine.. maybe up off the ground / protected from ground moisture.

My Good tires get stored in my garage for the winter under some of my summer furniture.

My lovely tires "the ones I drive 5 miles to the garage my car gets stored in" just get tossed outside next to the garage for the summer.. but they're some crappy off brand that came on steelies with the car. They're hilariously bad and easy to drift on.

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Oct 12, 2023

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

EvenWorseOpinions posted:

Tires are supposed to be smooth, like sharks

Also, I suspect that when most treads release, it is quick

no rolling resistance

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Keep them off concrete, on their side, half pressure, and covered.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

honda whisperer posted:

Keep them off concrete, on their side, half pressure, and covered.

Smothered, covered, chunked, peppered, and capped.

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Unless I'm on the inside curve pointing straight at oncoming traffic the high beams stay on and I laugh at your puny protest flashes.
I am Most Important Man. Most Important Man in the World.

Motonet has couple different models of wheel stands. The 30€ model is probably best for the wheels.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
While it's probably best for the tires to be stores on their sides I didn't have the space for it in my shed, I found some unused space but it was up above. With a step ladder it's not that difficult:

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Unless I'm on the inside curve pointing straight at oncoming traffic the high beams stay on and I laugh at your puny protest flashes.
I am Most Important Man. Most Important Man in the World.
Next step, build a winch and crane to lift them.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Not pictured in the photo is the winch I got attached to the top beam for lifting heavy boxes up for storage. I need to put it on a rail.

Also I'm gonna have to go take those lovely steel rim tires down, can't stand looking at all that rust. Have to clean it up and paint them. It's too bad they don't make cool looking steel rims anymore. I like steel rims for their practicality. Opel used to some have sweet looking steel rims. I think Saab as well had some football looking ones, not sure if they where alu though. But they had some nice looking steel hubcaps.

His Divine Shadow fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Oct 16, 2023

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Saukkis posted:

Next step
Build a quick release drop so you can home alone any intruders

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Saukkis posted:

Two pulleys and a rope threaded through a PVC pipe would probably work to lift each set of 4.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

While it's probably best for the tires to be stores on their sides I didn't have the space for it in my shed, I found some unused space but it was up above. With a step ladder it's not that difficult:

I think I rode through your shed in Skyrim.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
That’s dope as hell

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

namlosh posted:

That’s dope as hell

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
That's donk dope as hell.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ET4LwvfVes

Joe Mama
May 10, 2008

That, and being a shorter guy, climbing over the radiator support of a truck, getting snagged on the hood latch, and falling on your loving head. Or, depending on the hood latch type, getting the hook end jammed in the back of your head.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

In the event of a drought, the Econoyacht can act as a van for a short time.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Is that a Herkimer battle jitney?

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

A genuine unicorn. Allegedly they only made like 20 of them.

https://www.theautopian.com/the-legendary-boaterhome-is-a-chimera-of-van-boat-and-concentrated-awesome/

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

hell yes:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
It's front wheel drive but absolutely wrong thread.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:

cursedshitbox posted:

It's front wheel drive but absolutely wrong thread.
i hope it's not TTB...
I wonder how often these got stuck going up ramps.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

chrisgt posted:

i hope it's not TTB...
I wonder how often these got stuck going up ramps.

Looks solid to me, and probably a lot.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Loved MASK, I think me and my brother had them all.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Midjack posted:

Loved MASK, I think me and my brother had them all.

I got Boulder Hill for xmas one year and had it for like 3 months until i thought it'd be cool to run it over with my powerwheel

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
Early’s gonna be pissed people are talkin smack about his truck-boat-truck

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
The failures coming from inside the thread!

Who has two thumbs and just put petrol in a diesel van?

This guy!

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Oh hey I've done that to a loaner in Scotland. My brain was wired for green handle=diesel and black handle=petrol in the US, who knew it was the opposite over there? I was also jet lagged to all hell when I did it.

I got probably 1/4 of a tank of petrol in before I noticed. Topped it off with diesel, the poor Astra ran like absolute garbage but I kept diluting with diesel along the way and it slowly improved.

Big apologies to whoever bought that thing after it was retired.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Gotta mix in some heavy gear oil to counter the short‐chain petrol hydrocarbons.

Don’t actually do this.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
It's my own fault, we use the low sulfur diesel for our truck and had to fill up at a car bowsers where I normally go to the high flow truck bowsers.

Back of my mind goes, no you have to get the premium diesel! And grabbed the premium pump, except there was no premium diesel at this browser.

I at least didn't turn it over so a simple drain the tank and I thankfully realized with only 10L in the tank.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Bp at some stations has the pumps switched, everywhere else it's green for diesel, seen a few bps where gasoline was green and black was diesel, all on the same pump. Almost hosed my wife's car up because of it before but caught it because the nozzle is bigger.

When I drove interfacility ambulance we had that every few months from new hires or tired people. Some of our squads were diesel, others were gas. Really easy to gently caress up after a long shift and from someone dead tired or brand new.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

UCS Hellmaker posted:

interfacility ambulance

Wait. How does this work?

Does… the ambulance leave the hospital? Certainly not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Hospital to hospital transfer, i.e. transfer from an acute care hospital to a physical rehab facility or nursing home.