Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Totally forgot Omenihu exists and is going to be playing on Sunday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Yeah the defense is officially stacked at all three levels now

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

No money for receivers.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

kiimo posted:

Just don't get John Alt's kid out of Notre Dame he's destined to be a Chief

there's a name i know and love - is this kid by any chance the monster his dad was?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He could be the first left tackle taken in the draft. I was just kinda kidding because I doubt there is any way he falls to us

Well Olu Fashanu will go first but Alt is up there

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Pron on VHS posted:

Week 6:

Rashee Rice
Justin Watson
Kadarius Toney
Justyn Ross
MVS
Skyy Moore

MVS hasn't done anything in weeks. Didn't see enough from Skyy for him to budge from dead last. I want to move Toney down more for being a part of so many failed plays. A gap is emerging between Rice and the rest of the WRs, he leads them in targets, catches, yards, TDs and drops.

Week 7:

Rashee Rice - the definite alpha in the WR room
Justin Watson (IR)
MVS ++
Mecole Hardman - welcome back old friend
Skyy Moore
Kadarius Toney - Hardman seems to be taking his snaps
Justyn Ross

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I did some yard work in the middle of the game and refilled my tub.

The win was never in doubt.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

LiquidFriend posted:

I did some yard work in the middle of the game and refilled my tub.

The win was never in doubt.

First game I've intentionally skipped in years.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

a neat cape posted:

I......don't blame you. At least Staley is a dead man walking.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

LiquidFriend posted:

I......don't blame you. At least Staley is a dead man walking.

We can only hope.

Well, I can. Probably better for you if he stays

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

It wasn't...that bad for y'all. For about 3 and and a half quarters.

Then of course there was a big Chiefs return and the door slammed firmly shut right after that. So I guess if that's what you were expecting it happened. I guess I'm sure this is exactly what you were expecting.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

It wasn't...that bad for y'all. For about 3 and and a half quarters.

Then of course there was a big Chiefs return and the door slammed firmly shut right after that. So I guess if that's what you were expecting it happened. I guess I'm sure this is exactly what you were expecting.

I was expecting another gut wrenching one score loss. So at least I didn't get that?

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

a neat cape posted:

We can only hope.

Well, I can. Probably better for you if he stays
Yes. Personally I hope Staley and Telesco get lifetime contracts.

Bias aside, it's time to clean house.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

I was really worried Jeudy got injured before the deadline.

https://twitter.com/nfl_dovkleiman/status/1716230847865438476

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

LiquidFriend posted:

Yes. Personally I hope Staley and Telesco get lifetime contracts.

Bias aside, it's time to clean house.

Basically if Telesco survives past this season, we all know the Chargers aren't serious about trying to win. Tom Telesco can't draft, manage free agency, or hire coaches worth a poo poo.

Even if they do shitcan him, the Chiefs have nothing to worry about for a long time because the fundamental difference between the two teams is that the Chiefs like winning and actually do all the work they can to ensure they keep doing things that contribute to them winning.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Those last two chargers plays lmao

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Please find QJ, Justin.

https://twitter.com/Wjos562/status/1716312998611194071

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Bolton out 2 months for surgery on a dislocated wrist. Rough but Tranquill is good

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

For what it's worth Teicher saying more like 6 weeks. The good news is it's a wrist and not a leg so he can at least stay in shape for the playoffs.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

KJ with four games.

https://x.com/mikeklis/status/1716552971276669045

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

WTF Justyn Ross

https://twitter.com/goldmctNFL/status/1716577446776947113

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Still mad about that bullshit OPI

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
https://x.com/charless_94/status/1716514845103706320?s=46

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
I learned Spags is only coordinator to win a superbowl with two different franchises. That seems insane but I guess makes sense with how coordinators get poached for head coaching jobs.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
:cloudnine:

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
Breaking that streak makes this season a partial success even if the Broncos go 3-14. They should have the lead singer of Anthrax sing the national anthem for every Chiefs game.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
https://twitter.com/MecoleHardman4/status/1718781678767022378

I'm not saying you didn't do your part, but this was definitely a team effort.

Like the polar opposite of the game a couple of weeks ago, Denver was never not in control here even if they didn't win by 30.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

There's that annual what the gently caress loss.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Colts last year.

Titans the year before.

I more just wish they could have someone reliable besides Kelce to throw to. Gray looks like he’s got hands, and Watson is doing a good job, but it’s pretty barren after that.

I think Rice could be good but he’s got the dropsies and they aren’t getting better.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

I, for one, never doubted Jerry Jeudy.

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer

waffle enthusiast posted:

I, for one, never doubted Jerry Jeudy.

The most important thing is beating the Chiefs, but I also am very happy that some Broncos have hopefully increased their trade value

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
One of the best things about football is that no matter how elite your squad, you can still have a no good very bad day of turnovers and lose to a pack of scrubs

capncthulhu
Oct 4, 2021
Yeah KC had a bad day. Mahomes was sick or whatever. They didn't play well enough to win the game, It's that simple. I am a KC homer and even I know this is not working. We might be speed running the Patriots end game where we don't have enough good targets to be viable and our generational QB gets sick of it. I don';t honestly think that but that is a possibility.
The defense is good, for once. A young team has room to grow but there aren't enough veterans in the receiving room to teach them how it's done. Toney is probably a bust, Moore is not what we wanted. Rice is coming along nicely, I really like him. And the guy out on IR. I'm sure there are a few I am missing but it isn't good. We have the best TE in the game but after that a few dudes.
Hey sorry guys I'm drunk and talking smack. Feel free to destroy me in the comments as you wish.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Lol at kc

capncthulhu
Oct 4, 2021

Fair, we deserve it.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

capncthulhu posted:

Yeah KC had a bad day. Mahomes was sick or whatever. They didn't play well enough to win the game, It's that simple. I am a KC homer and even I know this is not working. We might be speed running the Patriots end game where we don't have enough good targets to be viable and our generational QB gets sick of it. I don';t honestly think that but that is a possibility.
The defense is good, for once. A young team has room to grow but there aren't enough veterans in the receiving room to teach them how it's done. Toney is probably a bust, Moore is not what we wanted. Rice is coming along nicely, I really like him. And the guy out on IR. I'm sure there are a few I am missing but it isn't good. We have the best TE in the game but after that a few dudes.
Hey sorry guys I'm drunk and talking smack. Feel free to destroy me in the comments as you wish.

or they'll just immediately bounce back from an ugly loss, because no team is perfect and the floor on an offense with Mahomes is merely being good

lol Broncos though, extremely funny loss

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

SalTheBard posted:

If the Broncos win a game against the Chiefs this year I will donate $10 to the charity of your choice each time it happens.

Ok thread where is my money going?

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
From the stands, what surprised me about KC's offense was that Mahomes wasn't able to scramble very well. The Broncos seemed to be playing a lot of man - at least on Kelce - and normally when they do that, Mahomes just converts every 3rd and long by scrambling. I'm not sure if the opportunities were there and Mahomes just struggled to take advantage, or if the defensive line successfully contained him.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Mahomes was sick with the flu. I'm not surprised he couldn't scramble or play as well as he usually does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

SalTheBard posted:

Ok thread where is my money going?

My best friends' kid was born with a congenital heart defect. I will spare you the details but he has endured multiple open heart surgeries and thanks to 21st century advances in medicine he is a shy but happy child who makes my heart melt. He will be celebrating his third birthday this week.

So how about Children's Heart Foundation?