Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
I think daigo jumped the shark in episode 4 with daigo dislocating his own shoulder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

pork never goes bad posted:

Anyone watching Tokyo Revengers? If you didn't like it before, the new season isn't gonna change your mind. But it's got even more incredible hairstyles and outlandish gang outfits. I'm into it.

I am and the retcons and inconsistencies have gotten so absurd that they have wrapped all the way around around from stupid to hilarious. Like how the protag took over as captain of an entire existing division AND had a rival gang with over a hundred members get absorbed under him, but somehow they all manage to disappear between episodes and all he has are his 4 dweeby middle school friends and a sidekick. Also, these kids have gotten to JoJo levels of jacked. Maybe stop feeding your children anabolic steroids, Japan?

I'm definitely going to watch it, but it's switched from "How is this all going to resolve?" to "What stupid poo poo are they going to come up with next?"

KillHour fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Oct 23, 2023

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Xelkelvos posted:

100%. There's gonna be a big ol' climactic battle where he and the friends he made along the way just upend the entire assassination family system and it ends with it being a mystery as to who he picked in the end (if anyone)

You're probably right and I'm not happy about it

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Gero's going to marry hamster girl because she's my favorite.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

chumbler posted:

The problem with the manga is all the girls rule and I was worried we'd spend too much time adding more potential girls in instead of fleshing out the stellar cast we have so far but the newest chapter alleviated that fear.

I want stage magic girl or hamster girl to win but there's no bad choice. UNless water user girl returns.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if that man doesnt gently caress the femboy then this manga is worthless

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Endorph posted:

He can gently caress the femboy and his wife! Beauty and love can be real in this world!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

chumbler posted:

smh.

First boy wins and also Mei's the best. And that;s simply facts.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Endorph posted:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Endorph posted:

It's gotta happen at some point

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Endorph posted:

epic this

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Marrying hamster girl does not preclude loving the femboy.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
i havent read it. but wouldnt the obvious point of a forced marriage for reproductive purposes manga to be the overthrow of whoevers forcing the marriage and instead becoming a homosexual genetic dead end. that just seems obvious to me

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ohtori Akio posted:

i havent read it. but wouldnt the obvious point of a forced marriage for reproductive purposes manga to be the overthrow of whoevers forcing the marriage and instead becoming a homosexual genetic dead end. that just seems obvious to me
the whole reason hes in the plot is because his sister is gay so doesnt want to marry a guy and have a kid, so him also becoming gay feels like uhhh Mirroring

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Endorph posted:

the whole reason hes in the plot is because his sister is gay so doesnt want to marry a guy and have a kid, so him also becoming gay feels like uhhh Mirroring

thats fair. as a compromise position, based on that panel posted earlier, he should bear the femboys child

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
He already proposed to him at the beginning, and they've only gotten closer since.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Marriage Toxin already has a buddy/ally character who is stronger than all these superpowered genetic freaks entirely because he wants his wife to be happy and so they can start a restaurant together so he's just killing evil crime syndicates to make sure the world is peaceful. The manga already has The Strongest Wife Guy, they can let the main character marry the pretty boy.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The problem with the manga is all the girls rule and I was worried we'd spend too much time adding more potential girls in instead of fleshing out the stellar cast we have so far but the newest chapter alleviated that fear.

I want stage magic girl or hamster girl to win but there's no bad choice. UNless water user girl returns.

Be ashamed of your words & deeds. :colbert:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Lt. Lizard posted:

Be ashamed of your words & deeds. :colbert:

She's too mean. He's a very sensitive boy.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
She's Tsundere. Pretending to be mean is the whole point!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ohtori Akio posted:

thats fair. as a compromise position, based on that panel posted earlier, he should bear the femboys child

this

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Pulling out the mpreg toxin

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Big Leg posted:

yes, except he's going to marry mei kinosaki

Hey now, there's always bisexual polygamy.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

The Dark Gathering OP sounds like the midboss music from Sonic & Knuckles.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Toho is putting out little chibi Apothecary Diaries shorts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVAWwYzAlVs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs1pilVwhaI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESMtvta15V8

I assume someone will sub these, or you can brave the MTL for youtube.

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life
I've been watching Overtake as I like motorsports but BOY IS IT REALLY SLOW. 4 Eps and we're barely getting to know the characters and their underlying traumas and so far there's been almost no actual racing. At least the animation and art design is good.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Sounds like most racing events, IMO. Once you get past lap 1 and the grid stretches out the races get pretty boring until some dumbass bins it into the wall and brings out a yellow flag.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i like it so far but im not really a sports anime person so i dont mind when theres no sports in the sports anime and its just a character drama with great character animation

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

also 100 gfs was really good this week, ironically i'm usually the person complaining about romcoms not having enough comedy but for this one it took a less comedic ep to convince me that it's good. guess everything's really just all in the telling after all

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

Sounds like most racing events, IMO. Once you get past lap 1 and the grid stretches out the races get pretty boring until some dumbass bins it into the wall and brings out a yellow flag.

This is why you compete in multi-class races so there's always the risk of being taken out by someone going twice your speed :v:

Tales of Woe posted:

also 100 gfs was really good this week, ironically i'm usually the person complaining about romcoms not having enough comedy but for this one it took a less comedic ep to convince me that it's good. guess everything's really just all in the telling after all

I was very annoyed by it because I told my partner "you have to see just how ridiculous this is" and then it immediately let me down by trying to be serious.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Tales of Woe posted:

ep 1 was extremely solid comedy and this ep was extremely solid serious stuff and it's impressive for a romcom to nail both vibes even if the middle episode was a rather bad misstep

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Hell yeah, the Maomao adaptation is perfect. :swoon:

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Oct 23, 2023

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

KillHour posted:

I was very annoyed by it because I told my partner "you have to see just how ridiculous this is" and then it immediately let me down by trying to be serious.

The manga can flip flop between serious and comedic on a pin and it makes it work somehow.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

w00tazn posted:

I've been watching Overtake as I like motorsports but BOY IS IT REALLY SLOW. 4 Eps and we're barely getting to know the characters and their underlying traumas and so far there's been almost no actual racing. At least the animation and art design is good.

Yeah, its a bit slow but I'm at least enjoying it more than mf ghost. The romance stuff in mfg is awful, probably because the girl character is just insanely boring.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

apothecary diaries is cool but it feels like it's underexecuting a bit to me, the flow is off, i think the director is maybe just bad since i was also down on his ancient magus bride adaptation despite having no obvious issues with the animation, production values, etc. this one's more my type of series than that one was though, i'll still be watching, it just lacks some amount of finesse.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
I feel like the Apothecary Diaries adaptation is leaning into the romcom aspect instead of court intrigue and mysteries. Certainly the central relationship is a big part of the success of the series, but I feel like the manga had a greater sense of the dangers of court life. Maomao talking out of turn could get her and her family killed, and MaoManga was keenly aware of how fragile her life is.

...Fall Season 2023: MaoMao, Mao Problems

marumaru
May 20, 2013

i legitimately do not give a single gently caress about the main romance and just want the rest of the anime which is pretty new /fresh to me

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
maomao's one true love is an ox bezoar.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Tales of Woe posted:

apothecary diaries is cool but it feels like it's underexecuting a bit to me, the flow is off, i think the director is maybe just bad since i was also down on his ancient magus bride adaptation despite having no obvious issues with the animation, production values, etc. this one's more my type of series than that one was though, i'll still be watching, it just lacks some amount of finesse.

I kinda agree. It's, like, serviceable because of what it's based on, but doesn't really elevate the material at all and I'd kind of rather just read the manga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Guess the season really caught me by surprise because stuff is like 3 eps in now and I'm just barely starting to feel like catching up/getting started.

100 Girlfriends: On chat recommendation I checked it out and It's like an actually good Kanojo no Kanojo. Enjoyable but they are gonna need to pick up the pace to get to all 100