Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

israel will fail in its genocide much like the mods will fail in theirs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Didn't some Palestinians on the ground say that seeing protests in America was actually really good for their morale?

I get cynicism about protesting because I think it does seem pretty useless for convincing Americans to do anything counter to media interests, but if it helps the good guys hold out that's actually significant. If it makes shithead zionists mad that's just a bonus.

As it is I'm gonna try to drag my old carcass to the next protest around here.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/Lowkey0nline/status/1716404605674742247

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

So loving down on humanity right now.

Where's that asteroid?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

FuzzySlippers posted:

Didn't some Palestinians on the ground say that seeing protests in America was actually really good for their morale?

I get cynicism about protesting because I think it does seem pretty useless for convincing Americans to do anything counter to media interests, but if it helps the good guys hold out that's actually significant. If it makes shithead zionists mad that's just a bonus.

Sticking it to the assholes is like my main reason for existing.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

DickParasite posted:

Sticking it to the assholes is like my main reason for existing.

best reason to go on living is to not give em the pleasure of seeing you die

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

FuzzySlippers posted:

Ya that's fair. Showing solidarity is always worth doing as long as there is a tip of the spear doing the real work somewhere along the line.

It doesn't change the fact that Western leftists need to convert rallies into action. Marching in the street changes nothing if there is no follow up.

And don't you dare quote this message with the Obama vote tweet lol :mad:

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

tel aviv is next Eddy better start packing your bags

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Turdfuzz posted:

best reason to go on living is to not give em the pleasure of seeing you die

:hai:

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

PhilippAchtel posted:

Ya that's fair. Showing solidarity is always worth doing as long as there is a tip of the spear doing the real work somewhere along the line.

It doesn't change the fact that Western leftists need to convert rallies into action. Marching in the street changes nothing if there is no follow up.

And don't you dare quote this message with the Obama vote tweet lol :mad:

yeah but good luck with that when the same old fucks have been running the country for decades and don't care
sentiment is slowly changing tho
probably too slow

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

useless German leftists having a struggle session about whether using the phrase "open air prison" is too mean to Israel. the level of ideological discipline is unreal

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

At this point the odds of this being Israeli have to be a hell of a lot lower than 1%.

The initial story created such chaos and anger, leading to riots and recriminations and embassies being evacuated. The walkback is a lot quieter.

Also just further underscores that the demented shitheads in Hamas do not care at all about killing their own people.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Rubellavator posted:

At this point the odds of this being Israeli have to be a hell of a lot lower than 1%.

The initial story created such chaos and anger, leading to riots and recriminations and embassies being evacuated. The walkback is a lot quieter.

Also just further underscores that the demented shitheads in Hamas do not care at all about killing their own people.

is this a SYQ?

Just checked, it's SYQ.

holy cow some people are just demented.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

webcams for christ posted:

useless German leftists having a struggle session about whether using the phrase "open air prison" is too mean to Israel. the level of ideological discipline is unreal

Retire Bartsch

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rubellavator posted:

Permaban Brown Moses, Mid_Life_Crisis and Private Witt for genocide denial & apologia, and Permaban Koos Group for cheering on genocide denial & apologia.

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Al-Saqr posted:

is this a SYQ?

Yes. It's by Private Witt, who should be permaburned for genocide denial and apologia.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

fizzy posted:

Yes. It's by Private Witt, who should be permaburned for genocide denial and apologia.

More like Poopy Shitt!

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Can the Germans even a muster an expeditionary force for their guilt project in the new crusades?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Jel Shaker posted:

right to life? what is this poo poo

better than what the Americans are offering, access to life

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The demonstrations are important as an epistemological exercise. If the public sphere is completely dominated by pro-Israeli interests, then the only possibility of pushback to that comes from mobilizing a physical presence in public. It's important to maintain a political counter-narrative rather than allowing private interests to completely control the public space. Anybody who thinks demonstrations are pointless because they don't have an immediate policy outcome, doesn't understand the ideological struggle within the political process.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Hefty Leftist posted:

one million litres. WOW

That's enough for 500 Billion picoliters for each Palestinian.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Death By The Blues posted:

Can the Germans even a muster an expeditionary force for their guilt project in the new crusades?

Germans would struggle to muster enough broomsticks painted black to use as make believe machineguns.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

best not to underestimate the germans, it's gone badly before

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

All their expeditionary supplies have been sent to Ukraine

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

https://twitter.com/caitoz/status/1716402217245405266

I have to say the idea that the intelligence services 'allowed' october 7 to happen hadn't occured to me, it kind of seems possible but I feel like that recuperates Israel's humiliating defeat.

It also doesn't really matter bc the concentration camp nature of Gaza justifies any attempts to lift its siege, but still. how functional and calculating is the mossad?

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
https://twitter.com/JenGriffinFNC/status/1716388952851059013

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

best not to underestimate the germans, it's gone badly before

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy2VqDi4sFg

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

double nine posted:

I have to say the idea that the intelligence services 'allowed' october 7 to happen hadn't occured to me, it kind of seems possible but I feel like that recuperates Israel's humiliating defeat.

Israel allowed itself to be humiliated and defeated completely and utterly and have the reputation of it's army, intelligence and technology sector fatally compromised and its ability to secure settler colonialists destroyed to show the world they could if they really wanted to.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

30.5 Days posted:

Oh my plan to defeat the terrorist organization? I plan to turn their entire town into terrain from a skirmish-scale miniature game.

I would be relieved beyond measure if I woke up and someone told me all the aerial photos of Gaza were just Al-Saqr's latest terrain project.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Al-Saqr posted:

Israel allowed itself to be humiliated and defeated completely and utterly and have the reputation of it's army, intelligence and technology sector fatally compromised and its ability to secure settler colonialists destroyed to show the world they could if they really wanted to.

right? that's what floors me about the logic.

The most charitable analysis I can think of is that if Israel allowed it, they thought the attack would be stopped by their superweapons/superzoldaten, and got the humiliating results we've seen

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Again its just thinly veiled racism, brown people cannot be smart enough to pull of an operation like that without white/westerners knowing and approving. Its just an ineffable amount of arrogance that Hamas toppled.

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

syq go away

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Tbqh any "Israel actually just allowed it to happen" take reads as Israel trying to cover it's rear end. "Actually no our intelligence service is playing 7d chess you just don't know what's coming next unlike them" kind of poo poo. Nah

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"
If Netenyahu let it happen on purpose, which I don't buy but hypothetically let's say he did, then it's a plan that clearly backfired horribly. His career is probably over regardless of what happens now.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
yeah the idea that "actually we knew about this we just let it happen" is bullshit, if they knew the extent they'd have at the very least increased the guard towers or whatever

what's plausible is that they knew hamas is making moves and figured "it's just gonna be the same 10 ineffectual rockets again and we can bomb them some more from this pretext" and ignoring it in their nazist hubris

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

VoicesCanBe posted:

If Netenyahu let it happen on purpose, which I don't buy but hypothetically let's say he did, then it's a plan that clearly backfired horribly. His career is probably over regardless of what happens now.

it worked out for bush and Hitler

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

i dont buy the we let it it happen because it was such a massive humiliation beyond anything israel has ever suffered, if anything they got extremely cocky and ignored most of hamas's preparations, thats about it

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

webcams for christ posted:

reminder
https://twitter.com/DecampDave/status/1656511150773739520

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
There are a lot of unpleasent things about Israel (being an apartheid state, for example) but one interesting fact about the country is the variety of Arabic words that were adopted by Israelis as slang - like "tzababa/sababa" which vaugly means "great", or "ya Allah", meaning "oh god/oh my god". Another more amusing example is the Arabic word "koos", meaning "vagina", or "koosemek" meaning "your mom's vagina".

Permaban pussy group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

perfect