Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
You should try to find a spoiler free walkthrough, these games are full of hugely dick designed missables

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

If you want to 100% you will need a walkthrough.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
That's what I was afraid of lmao.

I guess I'll find a guide on GameFAQs...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the weapons arent worth bothering with since yo only get them for the final dungeon

only 100% them if you want to you arent missing a ton of important content. anything side content that has any real story significance is pretty obvious

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
You can usually find a lot of stuff by just talking to everyone when the dialogue changes, but as someone who did literally this while playing Zero to Azure, if you want everything my brother/sister/sibling in Aidios please use a spoiler free guide because you’re not getting everything otherwise.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

why can't i share a drink with Duvalie in the beach section in Reverie T_T

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Duvalie shuns all evil

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Annath posted:

I've had the Vita remakes of Trails in the Sky 1-3 sitting on my Vita for literally years, but I am finally committing to playing them.

Is there anything I should know/watch out for, having never played one of these games before?

All I know up front is: they are long, and someone told me that there's some weapon you need to collect magazines in every chapter to get.

Take your time, enjoy the ride and always check the treasure chests a second time!

Wait, did XSeed release Sky the 3rd on Vita? I thought it was only on PC.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Annath posted:

I've had the Vita remakes of Trails in the Sky 1-3 sitting on my Vita for literally years, but I am finally committing to playing them.

Is there anything I should know/watch out for, having never played one of these games before?

All I know up front is: they are long, and someone told me that there's some weapon you need to collect magazines in every chapter to get.

Either skip the intros or, if that isn't possible, close your eyes and don't open them until the song stops playing. Play through the games and THEN watch them.

The Vita remakes are aware that they are remakes and that their target audience has played the PC/PSP versions before. Their intro movies proudly spoil pretty much every major plot point.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

Take your time, enjoy the ride and always check the treasure chests a second time!

Wait, did XSeed release Sky the 3rd on Vita? I thought it was only on PC.

I’m guessing he’s using a modded Vita, because the Evolution rereleases never got localized to begin with.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Last Celebration posted:

I’m guessing he’s using a modded Vita, because the Evolution rereleases never got localized to begin with.

Yeah, it's modded lol.

And I never watch intro movies in games :v:

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Just curious, there an option to toggle the OST? Because a lot of the Evo tracks I’ve heard kinda sound busy and like lateral options at best.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Hwurmp posted:

CS3 :unsmigghh:

or Sky 3rd

The CS3 ending was mainly good on the basis of writing checks CS4 didn't/couldn't cash, though (but I was definitely extremely hype from it leading up to CS4). The CS2 ending was actually interesting both in structure and what it revealed about the plot going forward.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Ytlaya posted:

The CS3 ending was mainly good on the basis of writing checks CS4 didn't/couldn't cash, though

Sky 3rd did a little of this too

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I feel like CS4's inability to follow up is more of a problem with CS4

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

It’s also subjective

I thought CS4 delivered on a great finale and never thought it “didn’t cash checks CS3 wrote”

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

oh god no... nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Blyx is all you need in CS3

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
Once you find the Master card that lets you seal your opponent's cards, use it and just seal their Master every single turn. If you can do that, then you basically win the moment you get board control, especially with a bunch of ranged cards.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Vantage Masters kicks rear end.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Vantage masters should be harder. The only strategy you need is draw more cards and increase power.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

so far the matches have been easy, guess playing Hearthstone a fair amount finally comes in handy in another game!

also how out of touch is this guy really, did he even read my files??

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

he just needs a good power-of-friendship speech to shake the pole out of his rear end, like Machias did

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Does anyone know who voiced Mecha Mishy in Reverie?

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

the combat in Reverie seems so much easier.
I remember getting really annoyed in CSIII and CSIV because it seemed like there were a lot of just huge HP bars, and you HAD to break something till you could do any meaningful damage. Here, the break system is just a background thing that's just there.

Also, C's Team Act IV
woohoo!!
Duvalie is back on the menu! Also lol @ Rufus' and how he was able to figure out which was Lapis in the pile, because he had a transmitter on her.

Nereidum
Apr 26, 2008

Hwurmp posted:

Does anyone know who voiced Mecha Mishy in Reverie?

Jason Marnocha (spoilers because it includes a video): https://twitter.com/JMarnocha/status/1685004522710786049

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

might be a dumb question but do I get the accessories back when these temporary party members finish hanging around for this Chapter?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

it's been a minute but you should get back anything you put on them

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
i deleted it

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

ahhh classic Crossbell public transportation

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

frajaq posted:

Don't worry. There are several elderly people and an infant on that bus who are capable of kicking Rean's poo poo in.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

frajaq posted:

Lot of the buses round our way are like that tonight too

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

what the gently caress, to get one of the books in zero you need to do it during one specific main quest that doesn't update anyone else's dialogue???

ok trails, why am i even bothering to talk to everyone if this is how you're gonna do me lmao

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Yeah, going by the significant missing gaps in my cookbook in Zero/Azure this is just kinda the norm unless you use a guide. Thank goodness Cold Steel just lets you spend money to buy the missing stuff later.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
Started playing Trails in the Sky Evolution, and I'm quite liking it, except it's a bit difficult.

The most recent major story beat I hit was meeting the general in the 2nd city/chapter 1/whatever. I went to do a side quest that the guide I'm following said I need to do immediately or it disappears (it isn't listed on the quest board, you have to wander into a random tower ruin).

I found myself encountering quite large groups of enemies, like 5-6 at a time, and I ended up needing to spam healing/SP items to survive, especially since some of the enemies have attacks that drain SP in addition to dealing HP damage.

My party's levels are all at 14. Does that sound right? Should I be grinding? Buying more healing items? The guide I'm following is very minimal other than "do these things in this order to not miss stuff".

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

You'll catch up fast if you're underleveled. How much XP are you getting?

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty

Hwurmp posted:

You'll catch up fast if you're underleveled. How much XP are you getting?

Not sure, I'll have to check on my lunch break.

Around how much should I be getting if I am leveled appropriately for the area?

E: also, should I be using a Scope/that analyze skill on every enemy? Does that get logged somewhere? I'm following the guide so as to not miss any quests/items, but I figure I'll do as much other stuff as I can, so if completing a Bestiary is a thing, I might as well do it.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I forget how much, but if you're a good level you'll start getting less than 10% of your next level requirement. It can go all the way down to 1 XP if you're overleveled.

Trails in the Sky doesn't have any rewards for filling out the Monster Guide. All you really need are the elemental resistances and those are always visible.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Keep in mind they are playing Sky Evolution, which is completely rebalanced and has some different mechanics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

SgtSteel91 posted:

It’s also subjective

I thought CS4 delivered on a great finale and never thought it “didn’t cash checks CS3 wrote”

I liked CS4, but finishing CS3 before CS4 came out it seemed like they might do something interesting with the final game, like having Rean not be the protagonist (or having the dead characters stay dead, though I never actually expected this one to happen). I also thought that the mystery about the final Divine Knight meant that one of the protagonists was going to get it, instead of just another member of the antagonist group.

Amppelix posted:

what the gently caress, to get one of the books in zero you need to do it during one specific main quest that doesn't update anyone else's dialogue???

ok trails, why am i even bothering to talk to everyone if this is how you're gonna do me lmao

I really like Daybreak's change with this, where you can keep track of who you've spoken to via the minimap (and the number of people to speak to is also smaller, but usually more substantive).

For both better and worse there's also no hidden collectible stuff. Also no combat scanning, so don't need to worry about that (though I missed being able to look at the enemy models and descriptions, unless there actually is a place to do this and I just missed it).

GateOfD posted:

the combat in Reverie seems so much easier.
I remember getting really annoyed in CSIII and CSIV because it seemed like there were a lot of just huge HP bars, and you HAD to break something till you could do any meaningful damage. Here, the break system is just a background thing that's just there.

I think your mistake here (which is the same one I made when first playing CS3/CS4) was caring about the Break system to begin with and not just blowing everything up with Arts (plus Rean or Crow or whoever you gave the high physical damage Master Quartzes to).

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Oct 31, 2023