Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Riot Bimbo posted:

What are yall reading goons?

I'm finally getting around to finishing Valleé's Dimensions/Confrontations/Revelations trilogy. Confrontations is mainly about times when people have been hurt or killed by ufos (he spends a lot of time in South America researching this, since it's so depressingly common there). I'm not far into it but Revelations seems to mostly be about US government misinformation

Dimensions was the best one though. And in any case Valleé does tend to write the same book over and over

I also recently read UFOs in Devon, a (seemingly) self published short book by a local investigator. Plenty of sightings but most/all are of the 'weird light off in the distance' sort, rather than anything more up close and unambiguous. Apparently if I want to see birds i should probably move further downriver

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Lux Anima were you the one interested in DMT data? definitely check out that graphic.
It was taken down by the mods of that subreddit but I managed to find parts 1, 2, 3, and two supplemental bits by their OP, a poster on reddit with the username phr99

https://imgur.com/qZbmgtc
https://imgur.com/VPS8GZz
https://imgur.com/wyZyY0h
:cripes:

This logorrhea made 100% sense to me.

It was like someone else was using their own words to describe some of the dimensionally-oriented psychedelic 'hidden truths to the universal framework' dissassociation discoveries I'd been uncovering like escape room puzzles in my head at my home over the past 12+ months.

The mention of practiced meditators reaching an Absolute Unitary Being (AUB) state was something I'd never heard of but I know tapped into this earlier when I had 'my own personal Singularity' this year. Just from seeing this makes me glad to know I didn't single-mindedly spark the Universe into fruition via solipsistic trickery like I was so fearful of, in the moment when everything like my sense of ego came spilling back into my thoughts from a totally blank state.

Also glad to know there's stuff out there guiding Earth towards a more ethical existence. :waycool:

Anyway, :iiam: that's plenty of Spooky Action for me, thankz~ :spooky:

Lux Anima has issued a correction as of 07:47 on Oct 23, 2023

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Let's say, for arguments sake, a person doesn't want to read a flowchart the size and shape of a EULA written on an ancient scroll

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Slavvy posted:

Let's say, for arguments sake, a person doesn't want to read a flowchart the size and shape of a EULA written on an ancient scroll
:colbert::crossarms:

like the guy talks about how there's the AGREED-UPON consensus for Reality but - everything else that's intangible and in your head or dreams ?? Evolutionary sensory filters plus quantum god-entity sending signals where and when it can

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Other big takeaways is that the branching paths found in brain pathways, lightning bolts, and molds, all conceptually operate similarly to the plotting on an individual's choices in their live(s) like a CYOA in their own personal multiverse.

Also that there are potent entities beyond the veil that aren't constrained by time, heaven exists, reincarnation is unbound by timespace, and the energies you take with you when you die can get transmitted, transferred, or else dispersed elsewhere, in the universe, with love and kindness as goals.

Somehow humanity hasn't blown up themselves (*e: unto extinction) or the entire planet yet despite our reputation, so let's all relax a little bit and improve our empathy scores down here a while more. We are making progress.

Lux Anima has issued a correction as of 08:33 on Oct 23, 2023

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I was with you until the last part, imo empathy is at a historic low and trending downwards

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

my bony fealty posted:

here you go

How the Legacy UAP Program Currently Works
https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/s/GLKuySQfnJ

I forgot it was part of a series that had Allen Dulles and Poppy Bush as former program heads lol hell yeah

drat, that tracks far too well
it would of course be hilarious and inevitable that all we've managed to reverse engineer after 70 years is pew-pew laser satellites

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Riot Bimbo posted:

this is a American interpretation on the yamas abs niyamas and it’s good for me because it expressing the ideas in a more culturally relevant way

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Barry Foster posted:

Confrontations is mainly about times when people have been hurt or killed by ufos (he spends a lot of time in South America researching this, since it's so depressingly common there).

Does he put forward any theories about why they seem to be so much more violent in South America? Like I guess it could be that the US Gov really does have some sort of treaty with the birds about what can and can't be done to citizens and S. America doesn't, or maybe there really are different species and a less scrupulous species has the territory of S. America? I've always found it to be weird that encounters are different down there.

Lux Anima posted:

like the guy talks about how there's the AGREED-UPON consensus for Reality but - everything else that's intangible and in your head or dreams ?? Evolutionary sensory filters plus quantum god-entity sending signals where and when it can

Huh I actually really like this. It would explain DMT elves and the like. You take a psychedelic that temporarily rewires your mind and you really do access another reality. This is the first theory I've seen that attempts to explain it in a way that actually makes some sense. Same for dreams. I had seen the original post but clicked out because it was so long but now I gotta go read all this in detail.

global tetrahedron
Jun 24, 2009

in mirage men makes it pretty clear that US intel is more brazen about experimenting on random civilians in s. america

also isn't it thread consensus that betty and barney hill was an MKULTRA-adjacent thing? that's where my head is at anyway

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

D-Pad posted:

Does he put forward any theories about why they seem to be so much more violent in South America? Like I guess it could be that the US Gov really does have some sort of treaty with the birds about what can and can't be done to citizens and S. America doesn't, or maybe there really are different species and a less scrupulous species has the territory of S. America? I've always found it to be weird that encounters are different down there.

He doesn't speculate. One pattern I did note is that the chupas seemed to particularly victimise fishers and hunters (specifically, in that area hunters set up hammocks high in the trees and wait there at night - when a deer comes near they shoot it, and at first light come back down and take the carcass home. The birds really don't seem to like these dudes - one guy scrambled down and away before being zapped and hid under rocks and bushes and that, and the light circled around the area looking for him for quite some time, if not the rest of the night).

Then again, fishers and hunters are the people most likely to be away from larger groups of people, so maybe it's just selection bias. Not that that always means anything - Colares, famously, the chupas were coming into town, into peoples' houses, going after people pretty indiscriminately.

Victims would develop distinctive large red circular spots on their abdomens after being zapped. Sometimes this would be all that would happen. Sometimes they'd get sick, sometimes they'd die.

quote:

Huh I actually really like this. It would explain DMT elves and the like. You take a psychedelic that temporarily rewires your mind and you really do access another reality. This is the first theory I've seen that attempts to explain it in a way that actually makes some sense. Same for dreams. I had seen the original post but clicked out because it was so long but now I gotta go read all this in detail.

Definitely read the whole thing!

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

global tetrahedron posted:

in mirage men makes it pretty clear that US intel is more brazen about experimenting on random civilians in s. america

also isn't it thread consensus that betty and barney hill was an MKULTRA-adjacent thing? that's where my head is at anyway

I wouldn't call it consensus but I think most of us lean that way.

Anyhow I'm currently reading the Ramayana and I have a hardcover copy of the Surangama Sutra on the way.

Andy Pandy
Dec 11, 2007

Grimey Drawer

my bony fealty posted:

here you go

How the Legacy UAP Program Currently Works
https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/s/GLKuySQfnJ

I forgot it was part of a series that had Allen Dulles and Poppy Bush as former program heads lol hell yeah

I think much of this is probably likely, although I would take it even further.

The apparent war between the "No Disclosure", "Controlled Disclosure" and "Full Disclosure" groups is probably nothing more than theatrics and misdirection, whether the individuals involved know it or not. Any future revelations that come from any faction or department has been planned in advance. The true gatekeepers of forbidden knowledge have been operating in secrecy for generations, they are extremely cunning, and they absolutely have the advantage. Whatever is going on right now is mostly scripted.

The story of strange craft zapping and killing villagers in Colares is much more palatable when we can chalk it up to mysterious space aliens rather than face the grim truth that there is a supranational organisation testing secret technology on peasants in developing nations.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Riot Bimbo posted:

Andy Pandy
Dec 11, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Riot Bimbo posted:

Always a lovely question!

Nothing right now but one of these is my next book:

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Hell yeah to both

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
I'm reading Clash of Kings [ducks] and I still haven't read UFOs & Nukes so I think I'll start reading it simultaneously with GRRM.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Perry Mason Jar posted:

I'm reading Clash of Kings [ducks] and I still haven't read UFOs & Nukes so I think I'll start reading it simultaneously with GRRM.

It's pretty dry toast so you'll defo want something else to read simultaneously!

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

It's nice to have some fiction and non-fiction going at the same time so that you can pick one to match your mood.

Human.Frank
Jun 2, 2022

Smekerman posted:

yeah but i wanna inflict psychic damage on the old decrepit fucks in Capitol Hill. I want them to feel empathy for once in their life, to feel connected to something greater than them. I want them to feel their life has been a sham. Hence the epic mushrooms to enhance my psychic rage.

If someone isn't feeling empathy anymore they've most likely cut themselves off from anything greater than themselves. How are you going to use your higher psychic powers to affect someone who's cut off from them? This is energy work 101 bro get your poo poo together

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Riot Bimbo posted:

skypeople by ardy clarke on the recommendation of someone itt, tho I forget who :kiddo:

it’s very interesting, if a bit stilted. easy recommendation

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Andy Pandy posted:

Always a lovely question!

Nothing right now but one of these is my next book:

pistis

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

When she finds love may it always stay true.
This I beg for the second wish I made too.

Fallen Rib

WEH posted:

skypeople by ardy clarke on the recommendation of someone itt, tho I forget who :kiddo:

it’s very interesting, if a bit stilted. easy recommendation

Sky people is really rad, finished it a few months ago and it really got me thinking about different cultural perspectives on UAPs, the history of imperialism - and also the strange stuff that UAPs and aitees are apparently up to in Brazil.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Sci-Am article: two poems, "Fractal" and "In Practice"
by Rae Armantrout

FRACTAL

If I were made of
homunculi

the way a cauliflower
head

is made of
little noggins

would I be gorgeous

like this green one—
a field of rockets

each nippled with
hard cones?

IN PRACTICE

For Carlo Rovelli

Heat cannot pass
from a cold body
to a hot one.

That's it.

That's the one law of physics
“that distinguishes the past
from the future”

with its clutter
of burnouts

when what matters
is who's wearing
the kitty tail
right now!

Who thinks she knows
       where meaning is.

Just wait.

“Times are legion, a different
one for every point
in space”

no matter how close;

how lonesome

Editor's Note: A kitty tail worked its way into this poem when the poet's granddaughters, arguing over a cat costume, interrupted her reading of theoretical physicist Carlo Rovelli's The Order of Time, excerpts from which appear here in quotation marks.

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

D-Pad posted:

Does he put forward any theories about why they seem to be so much more violent in South America?

in the literature some alien species have caste systems, and from observing us might act with impunity towards those of us they perceive to be of a lower caste. idk tho

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I've largely been pulling away from fiction

However my girlfriend has been reading Shades Of Grey to me periodically

Dont ask me why she reads to me? It makes her happy and her book choices are good, but it's weird i guess

But Shades Of Grey is nothing like the lovely twilight fanfic turned its own thing

Honestly feels like a shitcoat tier move, because Shades Of Grey deals in really cool lore and metaphysics, and is kind of an esoteric document in itself. It's so good. Love getting ripshit high and listen to my girl read it to me and idk y'all should look into it!!!

Objurium
Aug 8, 2009

RE book chat, I just grabbed the Lacatski / Kelleher Knapp book "Initial Revelations" and the preamble says that Jay Stratton specifically tasked Grusch with finding the legacy programs when he was the NGA's liaison to UAPTF, which I don't think I've heard reported before.

Maybe also makes sense why Stratton and his staff got canned and the new leadership morphed the program into what's now AARO.

inchworm
Jun 23, 2023
reading books out loud with your SO sounds cool and good actually

ive been poking through Robert Monroe's first OOBE book a bit, think the final third of Journeys Out of the Body has more of an instructional vibe to it, different than all of his personal experiences prior with the occasional old-timey racial term sprinkled in

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Her last book was Heinlein's Job

It's about a guy who gets plucked from his own world and sent to many parallel realities because God is kind of a dick and decided he wanted to do Job again with a different guy

Anyway i highly recommend getting read to by your partner, it slaps

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Lux Anima posted:

I'll highlight this part in particular since I think it is a version of what Perry Mason Jar brought up yesterday in efficacy vs efficiency

Thus for greater efficacy (more impactful, potentially jarring change triggered in the consensus reality) more agents in agreement are needed to enact consensus shifts. The other witnesses to reality must agree your perception of reality is compatible with what they perceive currently exists, or is capable of existing. One person may efficiently and efficaciously alter their personal reality by themself no sweat, but if I intend to root myself in a reality with a truth vastly different from the current consensus, I need to be in communication with other agents who agree with and are invested in the same or at least a compatible belief consensus. The more people that perceive something one way and agree it is so, the higher the floor for efficacy in changing it.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Smdh twenty pages of diagrams when you can just tell people to interpret the dot together

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

here is something I read today: The way is not difficult for those who have no preferences.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Objurium posted:

RE book chat, I just grabbed the Lacatski / Kelleher Knapp book "Initial Revelations" and the preamble says that Jay Stratton specifically tasked Grusch with finding the legacy programs when he was the NGA's liaison to UAPTF, which I don't think I've heard reported before.

Maybe also makes sense why Stratton and his staff got canned and the new leadership morphed the program into what's now AARO.

So this was reported but not really emphasized and a lot of subsequent reporting didn't mention it. It's incredibly important because it puts Grusch in a different light. I think a lot of people think he was just some intelligence guy who supposedly heard from others about these programs. No, he was specifically tasked with finding this stuff and was actually given clearance and authorization to look into any SAP, which is a HUGE loving deal and shows how much trust was placed in him. It's also why they talked to him, had he not been assigned and cleared he wouldn't have gotten so many people to speak to him about it. Like SAP are SAPs for a reason and are all need to know, for anybody to be given a blank check to look into any they need to is incredibly rare and special.

Grusch is a big loving deal and it's gone over a lot of people's heads.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

euphronius posted:

here is something I read today: The way is not difficult for those who have no preferences.

This is the way.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I still believe in Large Dave. Ross is giving me the grifts though at this point. Although it's a lot more fun if everything he's saying is because it's all true and he's become galaxy brained.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Ross has been sort of quiet since his big Grusch scoop lost steam. The serious grifters know you can never shut up for even a second because you have to stay relevant.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

sharknado slashfic posted:

I still believe in Large Dave. Ross is giving me the grifts though at this point. Although it's a lot more fun if everything he's saying is because it's all true and he's become galaxy brained.

I don't really think Ross is deliberately grifting. I think there is a good chance he has been fed/uncritically believed a lot of bullshit but I don't think he is purposefully grifting moreso than any regular journalist who makes money off their reporting. Like he has certainly latched onto this niche because nobody else at his level is doing so and there is money to be made, but more in the way a journalist ends up specializing in the economy or defense because that's what they stumbled into and where they developed all their contacts etc and not like Greer selling CE5 experiences or whatever. It's grift adjacent for sure but not what I at least mean when I use the term grift.

Zoobtro
Aug 22, 2003

Got miself a nice little earner, isn't it
who are the bullshit feeders? laughing at grusch and co? it's the evil kirkpatrick right?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Zoobtro posted:

who are the bullshit feeders? laughing at grusch and co? it's the evil kirkpatrick right?

e:if you mean historic ufology

Steven Greer, Linda Mouton-Howe, Bob Lazar, Phil Schneider*, the Montauk project guy who's name escapes me right now, Jaime Maussan**, Condign, Graham Hancock, Von Daniken. Rex Gilroy. gently caress, there's so many I can't even think of them all.

Kirkpatrick now.

*Phil Schneider was right.
**The mummies are real

Or if you mean who's loving with Grusch it's *waves arms around at the government and MIC*

sharknado slashfic has issued a correction as of 20:43 on Oct 23, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

sharknado slashfic posted:

**The mummies are real

told you