Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Scarabrae posted:

Is Matty Egg trying to suggest that liberals can easily assuage their genocide guilt by remembering that Palestinians wouldn’t agree to values like trans rights or gay marriage?

Is that where we’re at?

its literally "why are you mad we are killing them they are anti-lbgt?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Scarabrae posted:

Is Matty Egg trying to suggest that liberals can easily assuage their genocide guilt by remembering that Palestinians wouldn’t agree to values like trans rights or gay marriage?

Is that where we’re at?

Kind of but it's more that he's saying leftists are very stupid for caring about other people and he's very smart because he makes decisions based on charts. Everything the egg says is really "and that's why I'm smart and good"

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Mia Wasikowska posted:

its really really dumb to reply to a deliberately stupid matt yglesias tweet on something awful imo

pretty stupid to post it too

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
we should sell matt yglesias to ukraine so they can drop him on some evil russians trying to open the ark or whatever is happening there now

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Nichael posted:

She's an idiot and I think it is offensive because this is pure strain White Feminism. Just a loving dipshit indoctrinated by western academia, and taught wrong as a joke.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

the milk machine posted:

we should sell matt yglesias to ukraine so they can drop him on some evil russians trying to open the ark or whatever is happening there now

I do not condone war crimes by any side.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

mistermojo posted:

I would have thought he’d be anti Israel. well I guess whatever daddy Trump says goes

:burger:

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

mistermojo posted:

I would have thought he’d be anti Israel. well I guess whatever daddy Trump says goes

most of these freaks hate muslims more, thats all

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Nichael posted:

I do not condone war crimes by any side.

Pussy. We will drop the Y-bomb in defense of the Western race and all honky-kind

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
burgin hard or hardly burgin, eh mac?

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

very intrigued by the idea of a tuna lamp

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
Mattyglesias
Of
All
Bombs

Joint
Direct
Attack
Mattyglesias

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Scarabrae posted:

Is that where we’re at?

honestly, it's probably their best chance.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Nichael posted:

https://x.com/_alice_evans/status/1716442652856492223?s=20
Fascinating! Thank you _alice_evans! Your white feminism is quite helpful in understanding this genocide.

lmao a reply here has something for alsaqr

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Scarabrae posted:

Is that where we’re at?

that's right. the palestinians are chuds and punching nazis is epic so therefore you should be in favor of paying for tanks to run over grandmothers and marketplaces

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Pookah posted:

I was watching a bunch of steve1989 MRE review videos, a few weeks ago, and the IDF one was just so bad - it was basically nothing but cans of plain tuna and maybe some instant coffee.
Steve explained it's like this because Israeli soldiers can nearly always order pizza instead.

This is kind of what I'm thinking, based on the loving 15 minutes of PT a day, among other things.

They have tried to make the Army palatable, because everyone has to participate in it and they don't want that experience to effect their voting, by removing as many "Army" parts as possible. It's really just summer camp.

However, the parts that remain are in dire loving straits, so I guess you could say they traded a functional conscript military for a politically and socially undisruptive one, the result being if they actually have to go to war everybody has to eat cans of plain tuna and the Gaza division is overrun on the first day of the war.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

ram dass in hell posted:

that's right. the palestinians are chuds and punching nazis is epic so therefore you should be in favor of paying for tanks to run over grandmothers and marketplaces

just the biggest brains having the smoothest thoughts out there, it’s really pathetic

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Nichael posted:

Fascinating! Thank you _alice_evans! Your white feminism is quite helpful in understanding this genocide.

wouldnt this mean they need to be saved more in their eyes?

err has issued a correction as of 16:04 on Oct 23, 2023

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Scarabrae posted:

Is that where we’re at?

These are values worth (somebody else) dying for

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Pookah posted:

I was watching a bunch of steve1989 MRE review videos, a few weeks ago, and the IDF one was just so bad - it was basically nothing but cans of plain tuna and maybe some instant coffee.
Steve explained it's like this because Israeli soldiers can nearly always order pizza instead.

Posting just to affirm that Steve1989MRE is one of the most blessed weirdos on the internet.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
It does target a certain type of Canadian liberal, couple of months back we actually had fundamentalist muslims and our chuds protesting together against the LGBQT2S community and all sorts of debates where had. Also, apparently those warship heading to Israel contain over 12k troops

https://twitter.com/ChuckCallesto/status/1716461717377409174

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

mistermojo posted:

Your mistake is expecting Alex Jones to have a coherent position on anything.

keep punching joe has issued a correction as of 16:05 on Oct 23, 2023

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

fits my needs posted:

https://x.com/CBSMornings/status/1716423451689324844?s=20

so they are planning to use helicopters to insert special forces and evacuate wounded in gaza

because that went so well on october 7 lmao

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Chucat posted:

It seemed okay on my end, the only mention about April 2024 was something to do with buyer protection.

dang Palestine needs to win so those fuckin' cats can dine on churu every day forever

good job

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Nichael posted:

I never understood the "girls allowed to go to school" argument for Afghanistan when Canada's most famous battle, White School, destroyed a school. That's on top of all of the ones we bombed, naturally.

Are women in Gaza going to have more jobs once the entire society and economy is destroyed? Is it better to be dead than unemployed?

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The demonstrations are important as an epistemological exercise. If the public sphere is completely dominated by pro-Israeli interests, then the only possibility of pushback to that comes from mobilizing a physical presence in public. It's important to maintain a political counter-narrative rather than allowing private interests to completely control the public space. Anybody who thinks demonstrations are pointless because they don't have an immediate policy outcome, doesn't understand the ideological struggle within the political process.

That's very nice and academic, but can we agree that the needs of the Palestinians is somewhere closer to the "immediate" end of the spectrum?

Consciousness building is well and good, but we've seen enough peaceful protests lead to no positive outcome or worse be co-opted into supporting the status quo, that you have to wonder at their efficacy.

There is:

1) No central organization that can make demands to consolidate the gain

2) No leverage or disruption forcing a concession.

Compare and contrast a strike.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Posting just to affirm that Steve1989MRE is one of the most blessed weirdos on the internet.

He really is, he's just so calm and so sincere in his love for MREs. No need to pull stupid faces or be ZANY YOUTUBE GUY.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Nichael posted:

MORE 👏 WOMEN, 👏 GENOCIDE 👏 VICTIMS 👏

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

WoodrowSkillson posted:

its literally "why are you mad we are killing them they are anti-lbgt?"

my take on this as a canadian is these libs are saying we should start bombing places like saskatchewan and alberta but i don't actually agree with bombing chuds or the cities they live in

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

great to have a rule that really brings out the inner mod in everyone

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Frosted Flake posted:

I never understood the "girls allowed to go to school" argument for Afghanistan when Canada's most famous battle, White School, destroyed a school. That's on top of all of the ones we bombed, naturally.

Are women in Gaza going to have more jobs once the entire society and economy is destroyed? Is it better to be dead than unemployed?
Welcome to neoliberalism!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

ram dass in hell posted:

black bloc sowing: hahahaha hell yes all these libs want to be antifa now

black bloc reaping: the cops arrested my mom after i mentioned she grew weed for arthritis to a liberal at the protest

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The demonstrations are important as an epistemological exercise. If the public sphere is completely dominated by pro-Israeli interests, then the only possibility of pushback to that comes from mobilizing a physical presence in public. It's important to maintain a political counter-narrative rather than allowing private interests to completely control the public space. Anybody who thinks demonstrations are pointless because they don't have an immediate policy outcome, doesn't understand the ideological struggle within the political process.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Zokari posted:

great to have a rule that really brings out the inner mod in everyone

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
libs: you have to accept that progressive change in our country will be slow and incremental, sometimes there will be setbacks, but hold the course and vote for us!
also libs: we have to bomb them into oblivion because they're not as progressive as us

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Frosted Flake posted:

Thinking back to that Israeli freak being grateful learning his 8 year old daughter was dead rather than alive and held hostage

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

err posted:

wouldnt this mean they need to be saved more in their eyes?

they need a big strong western influence to take care of them and teach them about freedom and let me tell you about how we go about teaching freedom

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

How effective will Israel's bunker buster bombs be at collapsing Gaza's network of tunnels?

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Frosted Flake posted:

The "Gazans are homophobic/anti-feminist, checkmate leftie" people seem to believe that women and gay people in Gaza are immune to Israeli JDAMs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Al-Saqr posted:

wow i cand believe the SPD would be the handmaidens of German Nazism how unprecedented!

https://twitter.com/mauricestierl/status/1715416879601246364?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

I heard the first purposed solution is Madagascar.