Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Silksong, finally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

drat 25 out of 10 is a great score

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

hatty posted:

Silksong, finally

Yup

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

hatty posted:

Silksong, finally

This is it.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Professor Beetus posted:

BG3 will be game of the year next year too when it finally hits the xbox. Especially since the Xbox version will launch with quite a few solid patches under its belt.

BG3 is still coming this year apparently:
https://www.trueachievements.com/n55336/baldurs-gate-3-xbox-release-date-2023

Maybe it'll make a surprise appearance at this showcase as well

https://twitter.com/Cromwelp/status/1715401606106108409

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

They highlighted all the specific Series S code, hit delete and suddenly the game is really close to being done!

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Wasn’t it the coop stuff that made the series s cpu explode?

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
https://x.com/Wario64/status/1716823076040855842?s=20

Day one purchase.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Got drat this is some good poo poo.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
dark forces is cool but dark forces 2........ thats the good poo poo

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

dark forces is cool but dark forces 2........ thats the good poo poo

You mean Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight. Personally I preferred Dark Forces 3: Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast. Dark Forces 4: Jedi Knight 3: Jedi Outcast 2: Jedi Academy was okay but not great.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i'm also a big fan of Police Quest IX: SWAT 4

acksplode
May 17, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

You mean Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight. Personally I preferred Dark Forces 3: Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast. Dark Forces 4: Jedi Knight 3: Jedi Outcast 2: Jedi Academy was okay but not great.

♫ and a Jedi Academy ♫

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The remaster of Wonder Boy VI: Monster World IV is very good

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

Given what's going on with Call of Duty titles, I don't know what parts of this post are a joke.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Googling sucks at finding an answer: can I play gamepass with mouse and keyboard on a PC? I don't have my controller with me but I have some time to kill. The site keeps prompting me to plug in a controller.

The Sean fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Oct 24, 2023

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

The Sean posted:

Googling sucks at finding an answer: can I play gamepass with mouse and keyboard? I don't have my controller with me but I have some time to kill. The site keeps prompting me to plug in a controller.

Do you mean xcloud on pc/ios? No you need a controller. I think a gamepass game on xbox or pc will be able to play with m+kb if it supports it though, but as far as I know all the xcloud streaming stuff requires controller even on PC.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

priznat posted:

Do you mean xcloud on pc/ios? No you need a controller. I think a gamepass game on xbox or pc will be able to play with m+kb if it supports it though, but as far as I know all the xcloud streaming stuff requires controller even on PC.

Yeah, I mean on PC with mouse and keyboard. I have a controller but just not with me. I was hoping to get some gaming in. Thank you, though.

edit: Like I get that xbox is a console but I thought maybe that since they had access from a browser that m/kb might work.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

The Sean posted:

Yeah, I mean on PC with mouse and keyboard. I have a controller but just not with me. I was hoping to get some gaming in. Thank you, though.

edit: Like I get that xbox is a console but I thought maybe that since they had access from a browser that m/kb might work.

Yeah, you can play games with a mouse and keyboard on PC Gamepass. I’ve done it with Starfield and Halo.

It should just be the pc version fed through the Xbox launcher.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

The Sean posted:

m&kb does work on some games on series s/x consoles (depending on the game I think? I know some do at least, ie people play FPSes like CoD with that).

the xcloud is the streaming version that you can play from a pc browser (or iOS device etc) but it always requires either a controller (on pc) or the onscreen touch controls on the iOS devices.

PC Gamepass games usually always work with m+kb (that's how I play most of em)

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

:same:

I can't wait to play that thing again with modern controls

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Rageaholic posted:

:same:

I can't wait to play that thing again with modern controls

So it’s good, then?
I’ve never played it but have always been curious.

Today I bought Alan Wake Remastered. Hopefully it’s good. It was $10 but I redeemed some points so $5. Not a bad deal if it’s any good.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

otter posted:

So it’s good, then?

It's a "Doom clone" from the DOS era in 1995, but it's one of the best ones, in my opinion. Also the precursor to the Jedi Knight series.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

otter posted:

So it’s good, then?
It was the first FPS game I ever played as a kid and I loved it back in the day. It was a 90s-era Lucasarts project, so production values were high. I really hope it holds up. I haven't played it in forever.

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

Dark forces was the game I got for Christmas that forced us to buy my first graphics card, a voodoo card, to be able to play it.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Now do republic commando

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

I found myself not loving doom enough to keep playing beyond the 2nd level. I don’t know if I ever got further in quake either. I tried the 2016 or whatever doom and just felt it was excessive and didn’t like it. Star Wars doom though sounds more like my jam.

Oh yeah. I have Chex quest on the switch and the original cd from when I got it from the cereal.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

otter posted:

I found myself not loving doom enough to keep playing beyond the 2nd level. I don’t know if I ever got further in quake either. I tried the 2016 or whatever doom and just felt it was excessive and didn’t like it.

Sounds to me like a terminal case of bad taste in video games

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Doom was fun in the 90s but that's 40 years ago.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Doom rules forever

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I wish I was playing Doom right now so I wouldn’t have to read these dumbass posts

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

Thinking about it now, the fps I played more of than any other in that era was probably Zero Tolerance on the genesis. I think it was on the sega channel. In retrospect it was only a few years later when counter strike came out and I played a lot of that for a year or so. First fps I ever beat though was Fallout 3, and that wasn’t until 2015/2016.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

John F Bennett posted:

Doom was fun in the 90s but that's 40 years ago.

30 but thanks for making me feel old considering that I bought a copy on launch with other 3 friends and we copied it on floppies to share instead of just installing from the original ones.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I've used mouse and keyboard on age of empires on console so I'd have to imagine if the game supports it you can play games on PC with it.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Guillermus posted:

30 but thanks for making me feel old considering that I bought a copy on launch with other 3 friends and we copied it on floppies to share instead of just installing from the original ones.

It's a great improvement over Wolfenstein 3D, even though you can't shoot dogs and nazis anymore. It was amazing how they managed to make actual working elevators, never seen it before.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

John F Bennett posted:

It's a great improvement over Wolfenstein 3D, even though you can't shoot dogs and nazis anymore. It was amazing how they managed to make actual working elevators, never seen it before.

Wait until you play Doom 2: Hell on Earth. I heard that the urban maps are cool and there's a new enemy that resurrects fallen demons...

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MechaSeinfeld posted:

I wish I was playing Doom right now so I wouldn’t have to read these dumbass posts

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018
I didn't care for Doom 2016. Way too frantic, and thus it was a bad game.

Dark Forces was great.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Game pass keeps winning

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1716940614833672255?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
was the next day the highest ever drop off?