Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
1.5 pounds, that's insane. Happy for them and hope he grows up big and strong!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
A belated b-day gift from my wife that I got today.

Flash back to September:

Give me gift ideas.
I want a Bobson Dugnutt shirt.
Who's that?
Baseball player.
Mariners?
No. Not really sure what team he plays for, actually
I'm confused
Flash forward 20 seconds as I try to explain.
I will buy it for you if you shut up.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
All glory to Bobson Dugnutt and his teammates, Onson Sweemy and Sleve McDichael.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Tired: Mike Trout
Wired: Mike Truk

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Remember Dan Serafini? Apparently he killed his father-in-law.

quote:

Danny Serafini, a first-round draft pick in 1992 who went on to pitch for six teams in the major leagues, was one of two people arrested Friday in Nevada in connection to a Lake Tahoe-area attack that left a man dead and his wife in critical condition.

After a two-year investigation, the 49-year-old Serafini and Samantha Scott, 33, were arrested separately, hundreds of miles apart in Las Vegas and northwest of Reno. Authorities say they knew each other and the victims: Robert Gary Spohr and his wife, Wendy Wood.

Spohr, 70, was killed and Wood survived the shooting at their home in an unincorporated community in California off the shore of Lake Tahoe, the Placer County Sheriff's Office said.

Serafini and Scott will be extradited to California, officials said.

"Today, justice was served," Placer County Sheriff Wayne Woo said in a statement. "The apprehension of those responsible for the tragic events that unfolded in Homewood, North Lake Tahoe in 2021 stands as a testament to the unwavering dedication of our detectives, law enforcement partners, and the persistence of our pursuit of truth."

Serafini, a left-hander, was taken with the 26th overall pick in the 1992 draft by the Minnesota Twins, with whom he ended up pitching for three seasons. He also spent time with the Chicago Cubs, San Diego Padres, Pittsburgh Pirates and Cincinnati Reds before finishing his career with the Colorado Rockies in 2007. Overall, he went 15-16 in 104 games with a 6.04 ERA.

The last time I thought of Dan Serafini, he was in an episode of Bar Rescue, owning a Nevada bar that was completely under water with several hundred thousand dollars of debt.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

It took them two years to find this guy?

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
https://twitter.com/dennistlin/status/1716191462004768795

Gonna be awkward if he doesn't get the job.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Is San Diego a "keep throwing money in the hole forever until we win" type situation, or is the gravy train being shut down if they don't actually win soon?

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Red posted:

Is San Diego a "keep throwing money in the hole forever until we win" type situation, or is the gravy train being shut down if they don't actually win soon?

They're on the hook for a lot of money through 2027 that I'm not sure they can get out of (even if they trade those contracts they're probably gonna have to eat some of the money)

Might as well push through if you ask me but I'm not a billionaire

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Red posted:

Articles made the rounds a month or two ago where in ownership suggested they were going to slash payroll this winter.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Melvin going to the Giants actually saves them four million dollars, minus whatever the new manager costs.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Boston should have their 04 title vacated for letting Jimmy Fallon run out onto the field.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/670TheScore/status/1716537471331082656?t=kBn2CE4VWnFFEk_SUotrQA&s=19

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Get it done!

Also re-sign Cody

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Apparently the Cubs are also interested in Matt Chapman and to that I say GET IT DONE

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I just wanted to thank baseball for being the source of so many cherished memories with my father. Take your kids to games, play home run derby in the back yard, or even just talk baseball with them. They'll have a lifetime of treasured memories to draw from, even after you're gone.

gently caress ALS.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
gently caress ALS.

I'm so sorry :(

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I just wanted to thank baseball for being the source of so many cherished memories with my father. Take your kids to games, play home run derby in the back yard, or even just talk baseball with them. They'll have a lifetime of treasured memories to draw from, even after you're gone.

gently caress ALS.

:(

Sorry to hear Kevlar, glad that you have those memories though.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Popete posted:

Apparently the Cubs are also interested in Matt Chapman and to that I say GET IT DONE

You might not actually want this!!!

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Popete posted:

Chapman-Dansby-Nico would be ridiculous defensively but... eh I don't know. He'll be 31 by opening day 2024, probably gets an overpay because the position player FA market is dire, and appears to have settled in as a mid-.700's OPS guy which is a little light for 3B. If the Cubs are gonna pay to bring in a 3B instead of trying to make Morel work I'd rather they just bring Candy back.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I always liked Chapman when he was on the A's and I believe in him.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

gently caress ALS.

Agreed, gently caress ALS. So sorry Kevlar, my best to you and yours

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

gently caress ALCS. I am very sorry.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

gently caress ALS.

loving hell, condolences. :(

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Popete posted:

:(

Sorry to hear Kevlar, glad that you have those memories though.

My dad, Poque, and I all had seats behind home plate at Wrigley on Father's Day 2016, when Wilson Contreras hit the first MLB pitch he ever saw into the bleachers. :unsmith:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
gently caress ALS, I’m sorry man.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

My dad, Poque, and I all had seats behind home plate at Wrigley on Father's Day 2016, when Wilson Contreras hit the first MLB pitch he ever saw into the bleachers. :unsmith:

That owns, definitely a good one.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

gently caress ALS.

So sorry, man.

Maybe my anecdote will help cheer things up a little.

So we just got a new employee in our group back around in August. He moved to a little town to be with his GF/wife and took his job here. He's a Cardinals fan. What town did he move to? Moran.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Awful to hear, ALS is the true dogshit garbage. I'll take your words to heart though. My kid is only one and a half, but I'd really like to expose him to this dumb old game I can't walk away from.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

gently caress ALS.

I'm so sorry about your dad, my condolences.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

gently caress ALS.

gently caress I'm sorry.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

gently caress ALS.

Very sorry about your dad :(

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Sorry about your father, Kevlar.

Welcome to the Astros.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

gently caress ALS.

Absolutely my most sincere condolences.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

gently caress ALS.

so sorry to read this kevlar, wishing you guys the best

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
This series was proof that going 7 doesn't make it a good series because there were only two games that were remotely competitive

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

gently caress ALS.

I watched an aunt fade away from ALS over eight years. It was absolutely terrible.

I'm so sorry, Cubs Posting Friend Kevlar. :smith:

LongTimeFirstTime
Sep 29, 2021

Pungry posted:

Sorry about your father, Kevlar.

Welcome to the Astros.

Thanks indeed. And then there were 3.

I just had an appointment on the neurology floor of a hospital in the Texas Medical Center this morning and saw they have a whole wing for ALS. Was looking at info boards about that (and Parkinson's and Alzheimer's and on and on) while waiting in the lobby.

My condolences as well, Kevlar.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

so sorry for your loss, kevlar :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

gently caress ALS.
I'm sorry about your dad

Last baseball game I watched with my dad was a Rangers WS game against the cards. He was a cubs fan growing up and hated the cards, and rooted for the Rangers even though we were both mariners fans since moving to washington in the late 80s.