Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Watch me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

TNAEW 😔

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

History Comes Inside! posted:

They’re renaming it to TNA again because nobody ever stopped calling it TNA

CM Punk wrestled for them when they were called TNA.

Impact Wrestling makes Punk a contract offer, then shortly after announces they're rebranding back to TNA.

Coincidence? I think not! :colbert:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Nothing would make me happier than to see CM Phil show up on the a newly un-rebranded TNA with a fresh contract.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

There’s some good wrestlers in TNA, it would be nice to see my friend Punk wrestle Speedball or Alex Shelly

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Between this and NWA getting a show on the CW, the competition for the number 2 spot is really heating up

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The only number 2 spot they’re heading for is down the turlet!!!

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
For all of TNA's faults they never made Tyrus the Heavyweight World Champion of the World so I think they automatically beat Billy S Pumpkin's NWA.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

cm punk ending his career in tna is such a perfect ending to his fall in the wake of being a total dipshit that I don't know that we could possibly get that lucky but drat lets hope so

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

THE NIGHT CONWAY TWITTY PLAYED ATOP THE ECW ARENA!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I don’t understand what positives they can expect to come out of going back to TNA. It’s such a stupid and dated name. At least Impact as a name isn’t itself already a joke or allusion to boobs and butts.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Wrestling fans can only chant company names with 3 letters

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Wrong, nobody on earth has ever chanted "W W F" or "W W E"

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Ganso Bomb posted:

I don’t understand what positives they can expect to come out of going back to TNA. It’s such a stupid and dated name. At least Impact as a name isn’t itself already a joke or allusion to boobs and butts.

Unironically I think they're chasing the viewership from Bryan and Vinny making TNA more relevant than it has been in years (and really the company has been ever since leaving Spike) with their weekly PPV reviews.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

There's no real point in trying to raise the viewership, how TNA makes money is a mystery to everyone outside of the company but I'm guessing they want to bank on nostalgia and sell more live tickets to their shows so that it becomes profitable internally.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

The spookiest costume choice

https://twitter.com/Himanshu_Doi/status/1716063393415868514

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

But only if they can reduce the letters to a single syllable.

‘W’ just fucks everything unless it is at the end.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

DEE-FYY?
👏👏
DEE-FYY?
👏👏

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Bonk posted:

DEE-FYY?
👏👏
DEE-FYY?
👏👏

PRES-TIGE

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
idr how I stumbled upon it but I found Mahiro's youtube once where she streams herself playing games and it was nothing but majong and a 45 second upload of her playing Yakuza.

Wonder how interested tjpw would be learning the memes about them on various english sites, I know Amasaki being called "kevin" has made it into Stardom's orbit and I don't know that anyone knows the true origin other than people re-naming her because there was already a Miyu in the Joshi scene

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Not directed at you, but the Kevin meme is disrespectful crap

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

it's not like english speaking communities don't meme about too many adams in AEW

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/caristicomx/status/1716190567225254255

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
https://twitter.com/EmiSakura_gtmv/status/1716205417548710078

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

I'm kind of curious why he'd pick the Broncos of all teams to root for but I too, am a sucker for ugly color schemes and root for the Broncos over the Buccaneers

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Tampa Bae posted:

I'm kind of curious why he'd pick the Broncos of all teams to root for but I too, am a sucker for ugly color schemes and root for the Broncos over the Buccaneers

denver paid cmll to bring a bunch of guys out to the game

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

No matter how many times I see him I still get that flash of surprise that Masato Tanaka is still an active wrestler

https://twitter.com/noah_ghc/status/1716426899613007990

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

SG Bamboo posted:

No matter how many times I see him I still get that flash of surprise that Masato Tanaka is still an active wrestler

https://twitter.com/noah_ghc/status/1716426899613007990

Considering what him and Mike Awesome did in the 90's I'm amazed he still knows what his name is.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

They could have changed it to Impact Wrestling Corporation. Though I guess getting the crowd to chant 'IWC' is a bit Vince Russo.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Bonk posted:

DEE-FYY?
👏👏
DEE-FYY?
👏👏

one of of my locals replaces claps with the company name again in a call and repsonse

GREEEEK TOWN
GREEK TOOOWN
GREEEEK TOWN
GREEK TOOOWN

it fuckin rules

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
https://twitter.com/EmiSakura_gtmv/status/1716543491122086048

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Henderson in the Impact Zone???

https://twitter.com/wrestlepurists/status/1716494197933375597?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

AEW and WWE are great for a payday, but TNA is quickly becoming the place to create your art

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Look in my eyes
What do you see
CM Punk and Alex Shelley

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

There’s a serious case to be made that TNA is the #2 promotion in America and it’s time we started acknowledging it.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Quantum of Phallus posted:

There’s a serious case to be made that TNA is the #2 promotion in America and it’s time we started acknowledging it.

Not so fast - the NWA just got on a top-20 TV station, so the competition for the #2 spot has never been hotter

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

now he's just getting my hopes up for more comedy

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

https://twitter.com/Maffewgregg/status/1716435176316641697

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Ganso Bomb posted:

Not so fast - the NWA just got on a top-20 TV station, so the competition for the #2 spot has never been hotter

They are going to merge and we will once again have NWA-TNA offering weekly PPVs