Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Shiftypenguin posted:

Yeah, dunno what's up with that, but Baxter and the Foot Soldier both are very weak glowers. Maybe it has something to do with the size?

It's the GID material: the brighter it is the more expensive it is. Around 5 or 6 years ago there was a great trend in the sofubi world where many companies were putting out limited runs of their figures that used the same GID powder that is used in emergency exit signs. This stuff legally has to glow for hours and is very powerful. Of course these super glow figures had a higher price tag but such is life.

Also green/yellow is the default for GID. You can get other colors (such as the blue Mutant seen above) but again, it gets more expensive. Interestingly enough you can have the default glow powder mixed into soft vinyls of varying colors (say orange or blue or whatever) and the GID will still be that yellow-green.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
^^^ Good to know.

"But Todd, it's a g-g-g-girl!"

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Weirdly enough, of all the glow pigments I use in my resin the blue is by far the brightest and longest-lasting. The yellow/green “standard” is awful unless I leave it in direct sunlight for like 20 minutes. The blue glows forever with just a few seconds of UV.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Spider-Man 2 is great so far. I'd like to see some of these suits in plastic form.

Don't know if suits are spoilers so I'll tag this link

https://www.sportskeeda.com/esports/how-unlock-marvel-s-spider-man-2-arachknight-suit-miles-morales

Speaking of costumes, it blows my mind that both Spider-Men got the perfect costume the first time. No need to drastically change them permanently, ever. No notes.

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Oct 21, 2023

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Shiftypenguin posted:

^^^ Good to know.

"But Todd, it's a g-g-g-girl!"

Now now, it's the one girl Todd is allowed to make figures of.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
https://twitter.com/nicotheviking/status/1716108475229700578?s=20

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Oct 22, 2023

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I fell out of love with Marvel and DC long ago but that figure is :krad:

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Finished the Knights wave. Aside from the boring Iron Man, a solid wave!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

I haven’t seen any ML figures around here in FL outside of a huge amount of Nick Fury and Agatha in a couple of Targets.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

The_Doctor posted:

I haven’t seen any ML figures around here in FL outside of a huge amount of Nick Fury and Agatha in a couple of Targets.

I got the wave off Amazon. I don't know if they are showing up anywhere else yet.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

That wave and Void won’t be in stores, online only

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I think I’m gonna cancel my chuckles. 54 bucks is a decent chunk of change for a few extra accessories and a fancy box. I’m also just kinda over gi joe I think. I’ve mentioned it but the quality for me is just not there. They’re just not that fun to pose :(

So idk if you want chuckles be on the look out on the site I guess for one to pop up lol

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Joe Fisto posted:

Finished the Knights wave. Aside from the boring Iron Man, a solid wave!

On the left, is that Concrete from the comic series Concrete?

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
It's a Mindless One, but that would definitely be a good base for a custom Concrete.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

CelticPredator posted:

I think I’m gonna cancel my chuckles. 54 bucks is a decent chunk of change for a few extra accessories and a fancy box. I’m also just kinda over gi joe I think. I’ve mentioned it but the quality for me is just not there. They’re just not that fun to pose :(

So idk if you want chuckles be on the look out on the site I guess for one to pop up lol

He's been back up for order for awhile now.

In another matter with 7449 backers, can Ant-Man make up the reminder in one single day?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Gann Jerrod posted:

It's a Mindless One

It's a cool figure. The red eye energy is removable too. These guys are supposed to show up in large numbers, Hasbro would be smart to release them singularly in the future.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Built a lightsaber at Galaxy's Edge yesterday. Super cool experience and the saber seems to be pretty solid quality. Highly recommend if you can do it

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1716290325373669695

Am ridiculously tempted by Black Costume Spidey and some of his best Z-list villains.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Endless Mike posted:

Built a lightsaber at Galaxy's Edge yesterday. Super cool experience and the saber seems to be pretty solid quality. Highly recommend if you can do it

That's sick. Good choice on the green kyber. :golfclap: I really like the elemental style hilts too. Very unique.

I wish they would sell spare scrap metal like they did at the start. Basically they would sell all of the individual customizable parts so you could continue customizing your saber. They've added a lot of new parts (and retired the old ones), but the last time I asked they said they only really did that near the beginning of Galaxy's Edge.

And yes, the lightsaber building experience was top notch. I went in expecting to roll my eyes the whole time, but my wife recorded me and I was basically :haw: from start to end.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah, I *wanted* Peace and Justice for various reasons, but the current set of parts are pretty boring, even for a set that is pretty....utilitarian for lack of a better term (the first versions were much more interesting). Protection and Defense didn't speak to me at all and I didn't want a Sith saber, which left me with Elemental Nature. They looked and felt way better in person than they do in photos. Still pretty plasticky/rubbery, but with a nice weight and look good, so I went with those. I had a similar reaction - I expected it to be cheesy, but they did a fantastic job making it feel like a big deal. Sadly, they didn't set the blade quite right so the big "ignite your blade" part didn't work right for me, so that was a bummer.

But yes, green is my favorite saber color, so that's what I went with. I did pick up a purple crystal around the corner if I want to gently caress around and swap it out.

From what I could see of the other people in my group, Power and Control was the most popular followed by Peace and Justice, then Elemental Nature, and Protection and Defense last. Every Power and Control hilt looked identical since everyone picked the spiky emitter and pommel cap.

Endless Mike fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Oct 23, 2023

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Gripweed posted:

On the left, is that Concrete from the comic series Concrete?

Glad I’m not the only one who thought that.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Endless Mike posted:

drat, that’s a fine rear end sabre, Mike.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

A coworker of mine was selling off Detolfs and I managed to snag 3 from her for $150. Even better, it turns out she had already disassembled them and she lived 2 doors down from me. Two hours later and now I've got 5 detolfs setup in my office and I'm all good to go with display space.

Really excited to fill the new spaces out. I've had several Chun-Li things sitting still in boxes because I maxed out the old space. And this means I can finally put my ML X-Men and Spider team back on display!

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I keep going back and forth on buying that Chuckles figure.

I definitely want it, but the price is stupid. Particularly since they are trying to justify it with a slew of accessories that I don't really care about. I got the vintage figure at a yard sale when I was a kid and he had no accessories, but I loved that it was just a guy in a goofy shirt, he really stood out. I would want to take all the holsters and stuff off that guy and display him as just a guy. I don't care about the lore of GI Joe, but even if I did, he's supposed to be an undercover operative and it would kinda make sense for him not to walk around with weapons obviously strapped all over him. Anyway I have a fair amount of nostalgia for that guy and he's on a short list of favorites from that toy line, but for over $40 that becomes a tough decision. I'm starting to lean toward getting one, but I'd really feel like I was getting fleeced.

I can't find any pictures or videos where people took off that huge shoulder holster. Obviously it can be removed but it would be nice to see what that looks like before dropping the cash on it.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Happy Chuckles charge day for all who celebrate.

Crimson Strike Team charged, but has t shipped yet (at least for me)

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Hoorah!

My local Walmart listed this guy in stock and I just picked up 2!

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I decided gently caress it, I'm buying Chuckles. With taxes and shipping it's over $50. That's absurd and I'm not happy about it. But I would probably regret it if I didn't get that guy. And it's certainly not the most I've spent for a 6" action figure. Just remembering how Red Sonja was like $80. And now when I look at that figure all I think is, that's a cool-rear end toy.

I'm really going to be kicking myself if a couple months from now that guy goes up on BBTS at a steep discount. That has happened with a lot of "pulse exclusives." I'm bracing myself for it.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Giant Man still needs 2k backers with only 9 hours left, I'm guessing it doesn't meet its goal.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

When I refresh giant man the number is going down.

Could just be a site bug. It was climbing kind of fast but we will see.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Snacksmaniac posted:

When I refresh giant man the number is going down.

Could just be a site bug. It was climbing kind of fast but we will see.

Collectors are idiots and would probably mass cancel because they don't get how crowd funding works. Gotta love idiocy ensuring it never makes it.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
It's pretty common for a lot of people to pledge at the beginning and make a final decision at the end. You just don't normally notice it because it's being offset by people that waited to pledge.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Toy collectors collectively are dumb as hell. Not me though, I'm different.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Fuzz posted:

Collectors are idiots and would probably mass cancel because they don't get how crowd funding works. Gotta love idiocy ensuring it never makes it.

People change their minds. :shrug: Like, maybe it seemed cool at the time - we all go thru that - then when the high wears off you realize spending a bunch of money on this is maybe not the best idea.

Why do you think Sideshow has waitlists?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Louisgod posted:

Toy collectors collectively are dumb as hell. Not me though, I'm different.

Im extremely dumb no one can take it from me.

Also I really hate corporate kickstarters but I think that ship has sailed.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

It's possible a few people bailed once it became clear that even if it does fund, it's definitely not hitting any stretch goals, and maybe they really wanted the zombie face or whatever.

It's up over 8,000 now, so there exists a possibility it'll fund. Still looking rough though.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Vintersorg posted:

People change their minds. :shrug: Like, maybe it seemed cool at the time - we all go thru that - then when the high wears off you realize spending a bunch of money on this is maybe not the best idea.

Why do you think Sideshow has waitlists?

I changed my mind on chuckles lol. I realIzed I’ll mess with him for 5 mins and chuck him into a box like firefly 2 and the range viper lol

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Snacksmaniac posted:

Im extremely dumb no one can take it from me.

Also I really hate corporate kickstarters but I think that ship has sailed.

They should just do a "made to order" type of pre-orders so they can avoid embarrassment if/when their kickstarters fail. I think NECA did something similar to this when they opened pre-orders for all their TMNT movie packs.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Hoorah!

My local Walmart listed this guy in stock and I just picked up 2!

Are those flames and hair GITD or just lame old clear plastic?

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Got my charge for Chuckles, he should be sent soon, my Steel Brigade finally is on the way.

Many Canadians like myself have had the Cimson Baroness and Twins for a month now, I even posted a picture some time ago.

Most amusing of all apparently I got what I took to be a scam phone message from the USPS asking me to click a link, then copy said link in the link and post it to safari to complete some incomplete info. The initial message had usps-tracker.com

Kicker is in I'm not in the States, though occasionally I have used USPS due to packages from there.

1300 to go with Giant-Man with six hours to go.

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Oct 23, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

This figure looks so good in person