Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fartington Butts posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQqvXOWryxE

Youtube is recommending me the good stuff.

wanna try those senfs :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Fartington Butts posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQqvXOWryxE

Youtube is recommending me the good stuff.

Man, now I miss the Currywurst stand right next to the Munich Hauptbahnhof. That and the pizza place that would pile a a shitload of arugula plus prosciutto and shaved parmesan on a super crusty piece of pizza.

And of course every kebab joint ever.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiTC5lc__Xg&t=24s

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Extreme :gbsmith: vibes from that one

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
lol, stupid. nevermind

blight rhino fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Oct 11, 2023

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Soul Dentist posted:

Extreme :gbsmith: vibes from that one

For real. I like to think videos like this help, somehow.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Here is some delicious kebab to cheer everyone up again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i4kYbq7U70

oh lame that one doesnt allow linking, here is an even more delicious looking shawarma
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C6NVsxlzPs

it's cool to see them making the giant meat rolls :3:

ekuNNN fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Oct 11, 2023

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

gently caress I hate living in a kebab desert. There's like two places that do gyro type stuff, and they're like 15 bucks. I'd kill for a local cheap, dirty pop up.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.
Many of the local burger chains in the SLC area are owned by Greek/Lebanese families so they all have gyros and souvlaki. Its awesome.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

ekuNNN posted:

oh lame that one doesnt allow linking, here is an even more delicious looking shawarma
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C6NVsxlzPs

it's cool to see them making the giant meat rolls :3:

Stacking the meat with veggies looks awesome, I don't remember seeing that before. I wonder how common it is, chances are it's all over the place and I just randomly haven't noticed it among all the pure meat ones.

Coffee Sludge
Dec 14, 2003

Dag nabbit
Grimey Drawer

ChairmanMauzer posted:

Many of the local burger chains in the SLC area are owned by Greek/Lebanese families so they all have gyros and souvlaki. Its awesome.

:stare: ...please provide details. All I can think of is Greek Souvlaki.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

Coffee Sludge posted:

:stare: ...please provide details. All I can think of is Greek Souvlaki.

Crown, Apollo, and Astro Burgers are all offshoots of the same original chain IIRC and they all have Greek options. Mad Greek, Golden Gyros, Chicken Express and Yanni's Greek Express also also fast food Greek options.

There's lots of other Greek/Mediterranean options in the valley ranging from fast casual to more formal sit down places some blending more towards Lebanese and Middle Eastern but can usually find a shaved meat option: The Med, The Other Place, Mazza, Olympian, Spitz (more doner kabob style), Laziz Kitchen. There's certainly no shortage of options.

I haven't tried all these places, but most of them I've tried have been pretty good.

Edit: Posting all that maybe me hungry for gyros. I might have to get one later today.

ChairmanMauzer fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Oct 12, 2023

Coffee Sludge
Dec 14, 2003

Dag nabbit
Grimey Drawer

ChairmanMauzer posted:

Crown, Apollo, and Astro Burgers are all offshoots of the same original chain IIRC and they all have Greek options. Mad Greek, Golden Gyros, Chicken Express and Yanni's Greek Express also also fast food Greek options.

There's lots of other Greek/Mediterranean options in the valley ranging from fast casual to more formal sit down places some blending more towards Lebanese and Middle Eastern but can usually find a shaved meat option: The Med, The Other Place, Mazza, Olympian, Spitz (more doner kabob style), Laziz Kitchen. There's certainly no shortage of options.

I haven't tried all these places, but most of them I've tried have been pretty good.

Edit: Posting all that maybe me hungry for gyros. I might have to get one later today.

That's the reminder I needed, thanks! The burger joints I definitely don't think about. As for the sit down/more formal: I've eaten at Spitz quite a bit lately. Mazza is always amazing. Last time I was at Olympian felt like I was at a Denny's. The rest I haven't been to yet. There also used to be a turkish restaurant downtown a long time ago that was crazy good. Oh god.... yeah I'm gonna head out for some gyros myself now, gently caress.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

ChairmanMauzer posted:

When I was living in SLC I knew the owner of Spitz and he'd give us absolute tons of food. Love that place.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

gently caress I want a gyro now

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Roundup Ready posted:

I need a gyro.
I'm lookin' out for a gyro at the end of the night

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Roundup Ready posted:

I ordered one last night with onion rings. I love living near one of the biggest greek towns in the country

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

gently caress y'all

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

drat gyro desert. The Greek in my veins craves a gyro

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

Roundup Ready posted:

The Greek in my veins craves a gyro

Tell that bum to go get his own food.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhaUO8wYMYo

I'm going back to türkiye in a couple of days and I'm going to eat so much delicious street food :neckbeard:
I'll keep you guys updated.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0xKYgUX3zI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FewJRam0g4I

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

Missed a train connection in Aschaffenburg Germany and went for some late night street food while waiting. Saw this sign right outside the station. But it looked a bit to filling for me right now.

Ordered some surprisingly delicious and attrociously greasy pide instead.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

VictualSquid posted:

Missed a train connection in Aschaffenburg Germany and went for some late night street food while waiting. Saw this sign right outside the station. But it looked a bit to filling for me right now.

Ordered some surprisingly delicious and attrociously greasy pide instead.

I saw the pictures before I read your text and I thought that was a really weird version of a philly they gave you lmao

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Looks gross. I’ll have one.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Pita grease canoe I choose you

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
That looks so greasy that it'd just immediately fall out of your rear end in a top hat or make your rear end in a top hat explode , goddamn

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Hollismason posted:

That looks so greasy that it'd just immediately fall out of your rear end in a top hat or make your rear end in a top hat explode , goddamn

Agreed, where do I get one here.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
The oil really does help the canoe go down the river!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
That looks loving vile.

I'll take two.... Then eat one, and stare longingly at the other regretting my digestive choices for the evening.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That looks loving vile.

I'll take two.... Then eat one, and stare longingly at the other regretting my digestive choices for the evening.

After a messy poo poo you'll feel much better and get ready for round two, this time with some aging (the second boat)

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
https://i.imgur.com/djfaqOi.mp4

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
uncooked batter isn't like a good thing tbh.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I think that's a filling.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

those pancakes are thick with three c's

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Mordja posted:

I think that's a filling.

they just icecream scooped the batter out, that's not filling it's uncooked batter.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
It might be meringue.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker
they're closer to thickish souffle batter

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Takoyaki are mostly uncooked batter too, with a homeopathic amount of octopus. Never was a huge fan of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Grand Fromage posted:

Takoyaki are mostly uncooked batter too, with a homeopathic amount of octopus. Never was a huge fan of them.
At least they're only bite-sized (if you let them cool a lot).