Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Newcleus! Now that's a fascinating influence. I absolutely loved their Greatest Hits album growing up. Wonder if the echo is part of that inspiration.

So great to have Jimmy Jacobs around. I love that dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I really like Josh Woods on ROH but I really want some matches from him where the winner wasn't obvious before the bell rang.

(this criticism can extend to a lot of ROH, I'm well aware)

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Lamuella posted:

I really like Josh Woods on ROH but I really want some matches from him where the winner wasn't obvious before the bell rang.

(this criticism can extend to a lot of ROH, I'm well aware)

I mean thats wrestling in general though, just predictable enough to be boring at times, but not so predictable you should ever gamble on it. The key is to make the match or the setup to the match look like its just plausible enough the favorite isnt going to win, which is where in my opinion the aew extended universe does good work.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

We need more segments where Mercedes says raw poo poo in the background while Diamante flexes her terrifying arms in the foreground.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

My membership is gonna have to lapse for a couple of months due to budget :( i will miss being honorable for the time being

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

This is the best match I've ever seen from Leyla Hirsch

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Killer match, they beat the poo poo out of each other

That sunset German was super cool

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

EAT THE BREAD, TONY

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YHTeD02SH8

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Lexi is such a good minion :3:

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA
Well of course, she's been through two MIT sessions now!

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/1710104810890916055

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/cozy_lariat/status/1710029708996616198?t=Jq7jS34QLxcoHJA3ehXYKw&s=19

Kojima and Mark Sterling are a gift for us

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
QT building up a match with Negro Casas airing on the day Mistico is announced for Rampage is so wild.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

Carlie Bravo has definitely surpassed Shawn Dean, what a good worker

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Daga showing up in ROH is fun. Enjoyed his work in Noah.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Last time I saw Daga he was clean shaven with short hair. Now he kinda looks like We Have PAC At Home.

Hesitantly anticipating an Angelico push and hoping it's more than just a one-and-done title shot before returning to midcard hell. :pray:

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

Get these geeks off my screen

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lexi is such a key part of Athena's segments.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

Lexy doing tons of work in that segment, AND corpsing hard

I loved it

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

C'mon Lexy make the save!!!!

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

Kommander really wildin out this match

Legit what was that spin on the top rope

The Taxman fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Oct 20, 2023

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Fun ROH this week.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I'm catching up on RoH and holy loving poo poo this Athena vs Mazerati match from episode 033. I know it gets said a lot, but lol at WWE having Athena and just completely squandering her.

Let's pretend I didn't watch RoH for a couple of months because of real life poo poo, what should I watch from let's say the past 12 episodes or so? Any real bangers?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I'm catching up on RoH and holy loving poo poo this Athena vs Mazerati match from episode 033. I know it gets said a lot, but lol at WWE having Athena and just completely squandering her.

Let's pretend I didn't watch RoH for a couple of months because of real life poo poo, what should I watch from let's say the past 12 episodes or so? Any real bangers?

It's kind of tough to say because I think every match on Honor Club is generally at least good but you can't go wrong with any of Athena's stuff. Her recent defense against Leyla Hirsch is the best match Hirsch has ever had.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Pylons posted:

It's kind of tough to say because I think every match on Honor Club is generally at least good but you can't go wrong with any of Athena's stuff. Her recent defense against Leyla Hirsch is the best match Hirsch has ever had.

Alright I'll go watch that.

Holy poo poo QT Marshall's Mexican colour outfit. I bet the guy is getting nuclear heat in Mexico :v:

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I'll go back through the cagematch record and check and see if any of these jog the memory. Kojima vs. Tony Nese was really solid, that one immediately jumps to mind.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Pylons posted:

I'll go back through the cagematch record and check and see if any of these jog the memory. Kojima vs. Tony Nese was really solid, that one immediately jumps to mind.

Oh yeah, that's right, I keep forgetting Cagematch exists. I'll go check out good picks from there!

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://www.ringofhonor.com/post/final-battle-to-air-exclusively-on-honorclub

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Clubbers stay winning

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

fine dont take my roh pape money

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

I think that kind of sucks, but I was planning on going to that live anyway

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Yo is that show at like 11am EST?!

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

Yo is that show at like 11am EST?!

That's ticket sale time, event is scheduled for 7pm est

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The Taxman posted:

That's ticket sale time, event is scheduled for 7pm est

Ah thank you, I'm still learning to read.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Duke Pukem posted:

I think that kind of sucks, but I was planning on going to that live anyway

why does it suck to watch a PPV on a $10 subscription that's way less than the cost of the $40 ppv

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Yeah this basically guarantees I'll be watching. Stoked.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

My only concern is he might phone it in compared to past cards because he doesn't have to entice you to pay $40 for them but I have faith in PPV Tony.

Part of me wonders what this means for Bleacher Report though. There are rumors floating around that the first AEW PPV on MAX's sports tier will be in December (there's a December 30th PPV in New York planned) so maybe Bleacher Report is getting killed entirely by that point.

Pylons fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Oct 23, 2023

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Pylons posted:

My only concern is he might phone it in compared to past cards because he doesn't have to entice you to pay $40 for them but I have faith in PPV Tony.

Part of me wonders what this means for Bleacher Report though. There are rumors floating around that the first AEW PPV on MAX's sports tier will be in December (there's a December 30th PPV in New York planned) so maybe Bleacher Report is getting killed entirely by that point.

I mean he can try, but as of today Athena and Eddie are probably gonna be on the card so he would have gotten my money anyway.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Could be happening because he doesn't want to charge people twice in one month for Tonyverse ppvs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

Another week of Riccabone not calling the Navarro death roll, CMON!