Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
lol got 'im

(Update on previous page.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amechwarrior
Jan 29, 2007

Scintilla posted:

-Pushes Griffin GRF-1N (Fusiliers); needs 10, rolls 10: .

Dice roll of the game right here. Great job everyone, it's all led up to this.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Rorahusky posted:

Don't worry, if we land a kick, that'll be a PSR he'll have to make, and you always auto-fail Pilot Skill Rolls when you're shut down.

Are you gonna push shove again so he falls into the mud this time?

There's also a cactus at 2320 if someone (trebuchet is closest) wants to go for the cactus bonk.

TheParadigm fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Oct 22, 2023

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Amechwarrior posted:

hell yeah lmao

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Amechwarrior posted:

A true thing of beauty. The only thing better would be knocking his PPC arm off and beating him with it.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Volmarias posted:

A true thing of beauty. The only thing better would be knocking his PPC arm off and beating him with it.

He's immobilized currently, so the players could take a +3 penalty to called shot his PPC arm off. They'd have to move him out of that hex but one of them could then recover it and beat him with it, you're just looking at 3+ turns at that point.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

PoptartsNinja posted:

He's immobilized currently, so the players could take a +3 penalty to called shot his PPC arm off. They'd have to move him out of that hex but one of them could then recover it and beat him with it, you're just looking at 3+ turns at that point.

I suspect he won't last past the next turn

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Probably not.

I was just saying "it's doable" not "the team should commit to doing it." Always finish your kills if you can, there's no telling what a disarmed Griffin could accomplish in 3 turns.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

but when life gives you lemons, why not shoot for style points?

jkq
Nov 26, 2022

TheParadigm posted:

There's also a cactus at 2320 if someone (trebuchet is closest) wants to go for the cactus bonk.

Cactus bonk, please.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Yeah, if it wouldn't take too long, I would 100% demand bonks. We should probably just accept "coordinated beat down literally into the mud" and keep going.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Style points are an easier argument when you're not risking real mech damage.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

aniviron posted:

Style points are an easier argument when you're not risking real mech damage.

And when it's a bonus objective worth a cool hundred thou.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
Gladiator

Standing still and firing everything at the Griffin.

And kicking him as well ofc.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Lemniscate Blue posted:

And when it's a bonus objective worth a cool hundred thou.

losing your entire command due to incompetence, and then overheating and getting pushed into the mud, and then the enemies just surround you and kick you in the shins/face seems pretty humiliating to me

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

jkq posted:

Cactus bonk, please.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

biosterous posted:

losing your entire command due to incompetence, and then overheating and getting pushed into the mud, and then the enemies just surround you and kick you in the shins/face seems pretty humiliating to me

You know what would make it even more humiliating?

Cactus bonk.

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Quem Deus Vult Perdere, Prius Dementat.
I just have a pair of battlefists, and a bunch of terrible pre-asskicking one-liners that my character would never say.

"It's clobber-ella-ing time!"

"Eat fist!"

"Hulk smash!"

"Skadoosh!"

"This! Is! Sparta!"

"Some muthafuckas always trying to ice skate uphill."

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

biosterous posted:

You can't jump the same turn you stand either, can you? I figure one type of MP precludes another so...

you get at least two turns of guaranteed melee range. More if you knock that right leg off.
Thats actaully a pretty comparable move: shoot the leg off, shove him out the way, then club him with his own leg while he can't stand up to do anything about it.

Bonus points for stop hitting yourself

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Just put the boots to him, medium style.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Well I've recieved orders for three justice foots so far, so it's entirely possible that Etienne is going down next turn. :v:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

This is a good an ending as any tbh

Space Kablooey fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Oct 23, 2023

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Fun fact - of the 12 weapons fired during this turn's shooting phase, 10 were automatic hits. :golgo:

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Scintilla posted:

Fun fact - of the 12 weapons fired during this turn's shooting phase, 10 were automatic hits. :golgo:

:rip:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I imagine that Etienne's simulator pod is giving him the boneshaker routine right now.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

COMPONENT LOST
COMPONENT LOST
COMPONENT LOST

Like a stuck CD

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Simming is a guilt-free pleasure, all of the mech death with almost none of the cost (and very few human fatalities!).

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

aniviron posted:

Simming is a guilt-free pleasure

in this CGL property, at least :v:

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
River_Bed_[1268]: Turn 14

A sticky splash rang out across the riverbed as Etienne’s Griffin collapsed into the mud. The Griffin was a venerable design with a reputation as a rugged and effective combatant, but with its engine shut down it had been little more than a practice target for Sable Lance’s guns. The thunderous barrage had been so intense that Alexander wasn’t sure which of their shots had actually felled it. Had his lasers hollowed out the Griffin’s torso? Had Charles’s PPC finally severed its right leg? They would have to check their simulators’ Battle ROM equivalents to know for sure.

Silence settled over the simulated battlefield as the Griffin’s cockpit lights darkened. Looking at the downed mech, Alexander couldn’t help but feel cheated. He had been looking forward to stomping the arrogant princeling into the mud. Seized by a sudden fit of childish pique, he raised his Trebuchet’s left leg and brought it down on the Griffin’s head, driving it down into the filth. It wasn’t the same, but seeing the mud bubble wetly as the mech’s head and upper torso sank into it did bring Alexander a small amount of satisfaction.

“That was a pretty poor showing, wouldn’t you say, Yukiko?” Jenna said as Alexander removed his mech’s foot.

A fool blunders forth. He shames himself endlessly. Then drowns in the mud.” Yukiko recited.

Static filled the comms as Charles wheezed with laughter. “Great job, your lordship! Your incompetence was so staggering it inspired Yukiko to compose a haiku!”

Alexander smirked. “It was shameful. A five-year-old child would have delivered an equivalent performance.”

“Now, now. Let’s not denigrate the skills of five-year-old children.” Jenna chuckled. Then she switched to a private channel and continued, more seriously, “Honestly though, these guys need some work. Most of them clearly aren’t used to shooting at moving targets. Some might need one-on-one tuition.”

“Do you think we smashed the prince’s ego thoroughly enough?” Charles asked.

“After what just happened, I doubt he’ll front up to us so arrogantly again. He’ll sulk and pout, but he’ll listen to us, if only to avoid getting slapped down a second time.”

“Sounds good to me,” Alexander grunted. He stretched, then asked, “More importantly, who’s buying tonight? I think we all deserve a few rounds after putting up with that little prick for so long.”

Unexpectedly, Yukiko spoke up. “I’ll buy.”

Alexander blinked in surprise. First a haiku, now offering to buy drinks? “Who are you, and what have you done with the real Yukiko?”

“Today was a good day.” Yukiko replied simply. Alexander waited, but she didn’t elaborate.

“Okay then, let’s finish up,” Jenna declared. “Gudrun! Shut the sim down and join our epic quest to find the nearest watering hole. You deserve a drink too after the solid you did us earlier.”

Weapons fire for Trebuchet TBT-5S (Player):
-Fires Medium Laser at Griffin GRF-1N (Fusiliers); needs 2, rolls 4: Hits Right Leg! Griffin GRF-1N (Fusiliers) takes 5 damage to Right Leg, 5/13 Structure remaining. Critical Chance!
-Critical Chance in Right Leg! One Critical Hit sustained. Critical Hit on Hip!
-Fires Medium Laser at Griffin GRF-1N (Fusiliers); needs 2, rolls 11: Hits Centre Torso! Griffin GRF-1N (Fusiliers) takes 5 damage to Centre Torso, 5/20 Armour remaining.
-Fires Medium Laser at Griffin GRF-1N (Fusiliers); needs 2, rolls 5: Hits Centre Torso! Griffin GRF-1N (Fusiliers) takes 5 damage to Centre Torso, 0/20 Armour remaining.

Weapons fire for Gladiator GLD-4R (Player):
-Fires PPC at Griffin GRF-1N (Fusiliers); needs 3, rolls 7: Hits Centre Torso! Griffin GRF-1N (Fusiliers) takes 10 damage to Centre Torso, 8/18 Structure remaining. Through Armour Critical! Critical Chance!
-Critical Chance in Centre Torso! No Critical Hits sustained.
-Fires Medium Laser at Griffin GRF-1N (Fusiliers); needs 0, rolls 9: Hits Left Arm! Griffin GRF-1N (Fusiliers) takes 5 damage to Left Arm, 4/14 Armour remaining.
-Fires Medium Laser at Griffin GRF-1N (Fusiliers); needs 0, rolls 6: Hits Right Torso! Griffin GRF-1N (Fusiliers) takes 5 damage to Right Torso, 15/20 Armour remaining.
-Fires SRM-6 at Griffin GRF-1N (Fusiliers); needs 0, rolls 5: 4 Missiles Hit! Griffin GRF-1N (Fusiliers) takes 2 damage to Left Leg (16/18 Armour remaining), Right Leg (3/13 Structure remaining (Critical Chance!)), Centre Torso (6/18 Structure remaining (Critical Chance!)) and Left Leg (14/18 Armour remaining).
-Critical Chance in Right Leg! Two Critical Hits sustained. Critical Hit on Foot! Critical Hit on Lower Leg!

Weapons fire for Shadow Hawk SHD-2K (Player):
-Fires PPC at Griffin GRF-1N (Fusiliers); needs 6, rolls 10: Hits Right Arm! Griffin GRF-1N (Fusiliers) takes 10 damage to Right Arm, 4/14 Armour remaining.

Weapons fire for Wolverine WVR-6M (Player):
-Fires Large Laser at Griffin GRF-1N (Fusiliers); needs 0, rolls 5: Hits Centre Torso! Griffin GRF-1N (Fusiliers) takes 8 damage to Centre Torso, 0/18 Structure remaining. Centre Torso destroyed! Mech Destroyed!
-Fires Medium Laser at Griffin GRF-1N (Fusiliers); needs 0, rolls 8: Hits Right Torso! Griffin GRF-1N (Fusiliers) takes 5 damage to Right Torso, 10/20 Armour remaining.
-Fires Medium Laser at Griffin GRF-1N (Fusiliers); needs 0, rolls 6: Hits Right Leg! Griffin GRF-1N (Fusiliers) takes 5 damage to Right Leg, 0/13 Structure remaining. Right Leg destroyed!
-Fires SRM-6 at Griffin GRF-1N (Fusiliers); needs 0, rolls 4: 4 Missiles Hit! Griffin GRF-1N (Fusiliers) takes 2 damage to Right Arm (2/14 Armour remaining), Centre Torso (0 Structure remaining), Left Leg (12/18 Armour remaining) and Left Leg (10/18 Armour remaining).

--

Weapons fire for Griffin GRF-1N (Fusiliers):
-Unable to fire!

-No melee attacks this turn! (Sorry guys, I was looking forward to the JoJo Stomp Party too, but that’s Battletech for you.)

Gladiator GLD-4R (Player) gains 20 heat, sinks 13 heat and is now at 9 heat. Overheating!

Shadow Hawk SHD-2H (Player) gains 13 heat, sinks 13 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Trebuchet TBT-5S (Player) gains 11 heat, sinks 11 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Wolverine WVR-6M (Player) gains 18 heat, sinks 14 heat and is now at 4 heat.

Player Status

Enemy Status

Special Abilities:
-Toughness: Grants bonus to consciousness rolls.
-Small Pilot: Negates ‘Cramped Cockpit’ penalties.

Primary Objectives:
-Defeat the First Decimis Fusiliers (6/6) Complete!

Secondary Objectives:
-Humiliate Etienne Decimis (100,000 C-Bill reward) Complete!

And here we have an object lesson in why having your mech shut down in the middle of a firefight is a terrible, horrible, no-good situation to be in. Etienne is reduced to a smouldering heap, and while there were no cactus bonks or melee curb-stomps I am perfectly happy to award the secondary objective. Being repeatedly mocked in front of his subordinates, then getting pushed into the mud, then having his mech shut down thanks to his own stupidity, then being dogpiled by a bunch of dirty mercs would be pretty mortifying to someone of Etienne’s temperament.

As usual, please vote on MVPs for both the players and the OpFor.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Player MVP:

quote:

Physical attacks for Wolverine WVR-6M (Player):
-Pushes Griffin GRF-1N (Fusiliers); needs 10, rolls 10: Succeeds! Griffin GRF-1N (Fusiliers) is displaced into Hex 2317!

Wolverine

Opfor MVP:

Hornet

Objective completion on both sides in a training exercise.

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Quem Deus Vult Perdere, Prius Dementat.
Oh, that was a fun one!

I love having jump jets, and that Shadow Hawk is such a good time. Needs more missiles though, LRM-5 is too aneamic.

I got to shoot things, I got to punch things, my character does a haiku... a fine time was had by all.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Scintilla posted:

“Today was a good day.” Yukiko replied simply. Alexander waited, but she didn’t elaborate.

and the follow up

Today was good day
royal jerk thrown in pig sty
now we drink our beer

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Opfor MVP has to be the hornet

I won't vote for my own mech so I'll vote for the Gladiator as it both dished it out and took it like a champ

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I like Alexander, he's a vindictive bastard. I guess it takes a certain kind of person to willingly pilot a walking bomb like the Trebuchet. It felt like I was one unlucky TAC away from turning into a crater for most of that fight.

Player MVP: Wolverine

Opfor MVP: Hornet

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
Player MVP: Wolverine that push was :discourse:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Z the IVth posted:

Player MVP: Wolverine that push was :discourse:

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

AJ_Impy posted:

Player MVP:

Wolverine

Opfor MVP:

Hornet

Objective completion on both sides in a training exercise.

This.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Player MVP Wolverine not just for the push but for kicking the Sentinel's loving head out before it ever landed a shot.

Opfor VMP has to be the Hornet. That little dude caused an absolutely disproportionate share of trouble for the mech he was in.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Player MVP: Wolverine, kicked the Sentinel's head off really early

Opfor MVP: Hornet, did not fall down, made the wise decision to make a tactical retreat instead of listening to etienne

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

TheParadigm posted:

and the follow up

Today was good day
royal jerk thrown in pig sty
now we drink our beer

I punched a noble,
I even got paid for it!
It was a good day.