Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Sancho Banana posted:

Imagine being a hostage and Hamas tries to release you, then they come back and say "sorry your country wants you dead lol".

"give me a gun"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Al-Saqr posted:

israel also announced that 1200 soldiers have been Disabled out of the fight

Glad to see Israel recognise severe brain damage from being shitmorons as a disability

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

genericnick posted:

You could just change the url into nitter.net if you're in the mood for a little self-harm.

there's also an auto redirect to nitter for firefox users

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/nitter-redirect/

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Al-Saqr posted:

israel also announced that 1200 soldiers have been Disabled out of the fight

They all tore muscles or did their backs in trying to move a single artillery shell each. Top tier elite fighting force.

Top. Tier.

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It's really hitting them that Hamas values Israeli lives more than anyone with power in Israel does.

Hamas just has to kidnap every israeli, have them get stockholm syndrome, and then we can get to the one state solution as israel dissolves and greater palestine takes over.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Ardent Communist posted:

Hamas just has to kidnap every israeli, have them get stockholm syndrome, and then we can get to the one state solution as israel dissolves and greater palestine takes over.

Technically this is just a religious schism between the exact same people. That's the best part.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

DancingShade posted:

They all tore muscles or did their backs in trying to move a single artillery shell each. Top tier elite fighting force.

Top. Tier.

Wouldn't be surprise if a ton of them are basically having to actually do poo poo for the first time and turn out to be useless at it. Or are running away.

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

:thunk:

lol what is going on

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
would be pissed if I was the scientist guy who got fired for retweeting the onion on the same day that piers loving Morgan started grilling Israeli PM's about human rights

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

dads friend steve posted:

lol what is going on

everything is coming apart it rules

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It's really hitting them that Hamas values Israeli lives more than anyone with power in Israel does.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop
https://twitter.com/IDF/status/1716462311370633484

It's a pretty bold move to remind everybody about the time the idf oversaw the most sadistic massacre in a refugee camp that has ever been documented.

That's nearly word-for-word the eyewitness statements from the sabra and shatila massacre and for the love of god do not google that. This isn't a wink-wink-nudge-nudge thing it's literally the worst atrocity I've ever heard of from the sheer cruelty inflicted.

The IDF found the most bloodgargling psychopathic terrorist group in the region and sent them into the palestinian refugee camp to inflict a reign of terror. They slaughtered unopposed for 3 days straight while the IDF kept anyone from interfering. That IDF propaganda poster was just one of the ways they sadistically murdered their victims.

Ariel Sharon was punished for it by resigning as Defense Minister and being made prime minister.

20 years later, Hezbollah blew up the guy responsible since nobody else would punish him for his crimes. Lol just kidding it was mossad and he was murdered for fear he would testify in the Belgian trial about it.

Anyway fast forward another 20 years and IDF is publicly gloating about the time they slaughtered thousands of refugees and got away with it.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

israels currency has dropped to its lowest point since 2014 and the israeli economy has suffered its biggest consistent losses in 40 years

https://x.com/alarabytv/status/1716725047669203112?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

scratching my head. confused. what could hamas have hoped to achieve??? we need to put columbo on the case.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Al-Saqr posted:

i gotta say the video of the israeli old lady shaking hands with the Hamas dude willingly is such a great propaganda coup for Hamas Israelis are seething mad.

that lady is a peace activist and probably in danger now

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop
* Correction the christian terrorists were only given free reign for 2 days, the first day the IDF shelled the refugee camp to soften it up for them. They encountered nearly no resistance during their slaughter with only two being killed and a handful wounded.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

gradenko_2000 posted:

everything is coming apart it rules

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

wali piers

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Piers Morgan always asks questions counter to whatever the interviewee's point of view is. It's why Ben Shapiro freaked out and ended his interview way back when because he thought Piers was a liberal ambushing him. I went and watched the interview with this Israeli guy after I saw this clip and Piers just lets him ramble on and on without interrupting him at all. When he interviewed Hasan he wouldn't let him get out two sentences in a row without interjecting and cutting him off.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

a_gelatinous_cube posted:

It's why Ben Shapiro freaked out and ended his interview way back when because he thought Piers was a liberal ambushing him.

that wasn’t piers

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Hamas is gonna skin the Nazis alive

https://x.com/spectatorindex/status/1716726690284798436?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lumpentroll posted:

that wasn’t piers

all gammons look the same

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

lumpentroll posted:

that wasn’t piers

Woops, I'm getting my British people confused. I'm bog person racist.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
It was Andrew Neil but still it's standard practice for brit news anchors to take a contrary position to whoever they are interviewing. Unless that person is a member of the royal family in which case they just display snivelling deference.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Hamas posted a video showing off their Mortar teams:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk0FEFjoaGQ

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
How close are those other U.S. ships to where they need to be?

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

err posted:

How close are those other U.S. ships to where they need to be?

reports say they're still floating, so quite a ways.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Israel/IDF really has uncannily similar posting energy to Ukraine. That same weird media-influenced tone.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop
The United States commented that "While the criminality of the massacre was beyond question, it was a serious and reckless misuse of language to label this tragedy genocide as defined in the 1948 Convention"

It was so abhorent the US withheld their veto, lol.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

they are so good at this

they are so bad at this

Harik posted:

It's a pretty bold move to remind everybody about the time the idf oversaw the most sadistic massacre in a refugee camp that has ever been documented.

That's nearly word-for-word the eyewitness statements from the sabra and shatila massacre and for the love of god do not google that. This isn't a wink-wink-nudge-nudge thing it's literally the worst atrocity I've ever heard of from the sheer cruelty inflicted.

The IDF found the most bloodgargling psychopathic terrorist group in the region and sent them into the palestinian refugee camp to inflict a reign of terror. They slaughtered unopposed for 3 days straight while the IDF kept anyone from interfering. That IDF propaganda poster was just one of the ways they sadistically murdered their victims.

Ariel Sharon was punished for it by resigning as Defense Minister and being made prime minister.

20 years later, Hezbollah blew up the guy responsible since nobody else would punish him for his crimes. Lol just kidding it was mossad and he was murdered for fear he would testify in the Belgian trial about it.

Anyway fast forward another 20 years and IDF is publicly gloating about the time they slaughtered thousands of refugees and got away with it.

vile

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Harik posted:

lol

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Harik posted:

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Harik posted:

a god damn idiot
Sep 7, 2006

Harik posted:

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

pandy fackler posted:

legit lol at calling hasidic jews amish looking dudes

im not looking that poo poo up on my phone at work and they know I love em. simple as

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Harik posted:

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Harik posted:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Ytlaya posted:

Israel/IDF really has uncannily similar posting energy to Ukraine. That same weird media-influenced tone.

Same people doing the writing.

A consequence of hiring and appointing people for non-merit based attributes (ie, the failson/daughter of some elite owed a favor) means you aren't getting the best. The mistake was thinking the new blood could replace the old as they retired etc.

"Oh they're a good kid, they'll learn" Oh yeah? lol

DancingShade has issued a correction as of 10:32 on Oct 24, 2023

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power

DancingShade posted:

Same people doing the writing.

wasn't Israel one of the first countries to have a dedicated posting corp in Hasbara or whatever?

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Sancho Banana posted:

Imagine being a hostage and Hamas tries to release you, then they come back and say "sorry your country wants you dead lol".

Considering Israel has all but outright stated they want the hostages dead, I have a feeling there's more than a few of them who are getting along pretty decently with Hamas right now, like the one lady who was released.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Yeah, I would imagine those mortar teams would probably run through their ammo as fast as they can and then relocated/go back into a tunnel before an airstrike or artillery strikes comes in and I guess the rocket/drone teams do the same thing.

It keeps a creditable threat going while minimizing their own losses. The Israelis may not lose a huge number of men, but they can't claim they have the situation under control while they take some causalities. When the Israelis try to push up, usually it doesn't go over well.