Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Oof, that combat actually made me a bit nauseous...

So Aabria gave a polygon interview, and talked about how she picked d&d for this because of how few of the tools in the toolkit are noncombat. As much as that whole situation was an aberration, I can't help wondering about the fact that while the chipmunks grabbed Ava, they didn't actually attack until their home was threatened...

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Oct 12, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

JESUS loving CHRIST

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'm nearing the end of Sophomore Year and it's real good.

The Bad Kids are all doing their personal crucible at the Nightmare King's Forest and I think i might be about to start crying on my lunch break

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Just wrapped up Crown of Candy. Enjoyed it, but less than the Fantasy High seasons. For all the talk of it being centered on political intrigue, the players didn't seem to have much agency and the story felt on rails to move them from one planned battle setpiece to the next (even relative to other D20 seasons). Everything with Saccharina feeling ostracized by the Rocks family came across especially forced in particular. The final battle gimmick was a neat idea conceptually, but the execution was a bit flat and slow paced outside of a couple key moments that didn't use the gimmick.

I'd still give it a B+, but wouldn't recommend it as a first watch to someone new to D20.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

YggiDee posted:

I'm nearing the end of Sophomore Year and it's real good.

The Bad Kids are all doing their personal crucible at the Nightmare King's Forest and I think i might be about to start crying on my lunch break

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55PfUoOUpWM

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Nick Soapdish posted:

Also not gonna spend the time to make at Queens Punch, too much effort

milk punches are delicious, but very much a special occasion sort of effort

also, from this episode of burrow's end: holy poo poo, that bear 'map'

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I didn't think the Sophomore Year finale would be uhhhh five hours long? I mean it's good but if I checked the video length first I woulda saved it for tomorrow

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
I am losing my loving mind at this bear

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
The comic geniuses behind True Facts about Grant Anthony O'Brien had him on their podcast recently and had some notes on Grant's overheard dirty talk while they were roommates.
https://twitter.com/NickKocher/status/1712871460044235239

NSFW/headphones, as you can imagine.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I loved finding out that Grant was friends/roommates with Nick Kocher. I've been a fan of BriTANicK for a long long time.

This is my favorite sketch
https://youtu.be/mephJf3-zYE?si=F4OshoR5A3c5x74Q

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Kid Plumber's Fight Theme

But also yes, strong recommend on BriTANick. I don't know what gamechanger they'd be perfect for, but I'd love that or dirty Laundry

Paracaidas fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Oct 13, 2023

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Zac Oyama was on The Yard which is a YouTuber podcast with Ludwig (mostly video game stuff but has also hosted events like chessboxing). I don’t know where that collab goes, if anywhere. But it exists!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I loved finding out that Grant was friends/roommates with Nick Kocher. I've been a fan of BriTANicK for a long long time.

This is my favorite sketch
https://youtu.be/mephJf3-zYE?si=F4OshoR5A3c5x74Q

Didn't Brennan live in the same building as well?

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Nick Kocher is married to Karen Gillan, right?

Nice.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Pleads posted:

Zac Oyama was on The Yard which is a YouTuber podcast with Ludwig (mostly video game stuff but has also hosted events like chessboxing). I don’t know where that collab goes, if anywhere. But it exists!

Ludwig wasn't around for this one and oh boy does it go places in his absence

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Gaz-L posted:

Didn't Brennan live in the same building as well?

The same APARTMENT

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Mob posted:

The same APARTMENT

I thought true stories of grant O'Brian showed it was building

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
I think they lived in the same building at different times, and at what may have been a different apartment, Siobhan took over a room from Brennan. So they all had weird crossovers in NYC.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

whydirt posted:

Just wrapped up Crown of Candy. Enjoyed it, but less than the Fantasy High seasons. For all the talk of it being centered on political intrigue, the players didn't seem to have much agency and the story felt on rails to move them from one planned battle setpiece to the next (even relative to other D20 seasons). Everything with Saccharina feeling ostracized by the Rocks family came across especially forced in particular. The final battle gimmick was a neat idea conceptually, but the execution was a bit flat and slow paced outside of a couple key moments that didn't use the gimmick.

I'd still give it a B+, but wouldn't recommend it as a first watch to someone new to D20.

Agree on the later, but the first half of Crown of Candy is up there with Game of Thrones imo. Particularly because the players do have agency and manage to prevent Amamathar from being killed for what, three combats? It falls apart near the end, but I still love the world and think the one-shot return to CoC is really solid stuff.

Would recommend either Starstruck Odyssey or Of Mice and Murder to ya. Both are brilliant seasons, Starstruck probably being the best thing they've done.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

CoC spoilers I personally think that Jet dying was the biggest gently caress up and it kinda derailed the entire story, I really think the story would've been better if she had survived the encounter. Saccharina would have made a much better late game DM played antagonist than forcing the family together the way it did because it was Emily playing her.

lemonadesweetheart fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Oct 17, 2023

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!
Maybe spoiler that?

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
I was actually going to say that the third assassination attempt on Amethar was actually another bullshit moment because of it being basically out of nowhere. If it had turned out with a worse result, I would’ve felt real salty about it.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
yeah but it was sick and had a good speech

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

whydirt posted:

I was actually going to say that the third assassination attempt on Amethar was actually another bullshit moment because of it being basically out of nowhere. If it had turned out with a worse result, I would’ve felt real salty about it.

How was that bullshit? If someone sets the tone as "Game of Thrones" then the climax of ep5 is the exact kind of thing that you hope plays out constantly.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Inkspot posted:

Katie Marovitch, is a robot Mike Trapp, and possibly more Dropout personalities are robots and I am voicing my appreciation for her all robots here as evidence for when the robots come for everyone (except me thanks to the aforementioned note of appreciation).

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
You can find out more by searching Dropout robot on Bing.com

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

STREEP ALERT

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Brian David Gilbert did a collab with Tom Cardy and, um, it's a little Dropout related? (I mostly just wanted to share this banger. )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w1wwGcu0Dk

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

bunnyofdoom posted:

You can find out more by searching Dropout robot on Bing.com

I'm a bit sad they didn't get Brennan in for this one, he'd have picked up on where Grant was going right away.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

Burrow's End conjecture:
Stoats are literally murderhobos; they kill things and take their stuff. :golfclap:

Stoats are technically omnivores but almost exclusively eat other animals, all the other creatures we've seen are either herbivores ( normally :cry: ) or omnivores. Maybe the Blue is bioaccumulative?

The humans are in hazmat suits, right? You know what else famously glows blue?
Cherenkov Radiation

Unrelated but it's funny that the D20 short on YouTube has to have a massive content warning for a stoat crawling up a bears spine out of nowhere

Xand_Man fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Oct 19, 2023

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Xand_Man posted:

Burrow's End conjecture:

You know what else famously glows blue?
Cherenkov Radiation

I also thought of that, but It's apparently not visible to the naked eye, since Ericka's character didn't see it. It's only seen by magical means.

My own conjecture:
I wonder how closely we're going to keep to the Watership Down model here? Based on the preview, we're meeting stoats in the abandoned building really drat early, here. If this going to eventually become their den, we need a conflict to drive the rest of the episodes, so we might have a case of rival stoat clans fighting it out.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

Ava couldn't see it from the tree because Thorn-Pigeon had a higher vantage point then her.

It's for sure magical since the only superpower actual radiation gives is supercancer, but the Blue is radiating from that tower, stays trapped in living tissue and there's a fall off with distance. It seems like a radiation analog.

It'd definitely make sense if the stoats were living in an Exclusion Zone.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Xand_Man posted:

Ava couldn't see it from the tree because Thorn-Pigeon had a higher vantage point then her.

It's for sure magical since the only superpower actual radiation gives is supercancer, but the Blue is radiating from that tower, stays trapped in living tissue and there's a fall off with distance. It seems like a radiation analog.

It'd definitely make sense if the stoats were living in an Exclusion Zone.

I thought the writing was going to be This is not a place of honor no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here. The whole long term nuclear waste message that gets posted to keep people out.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Make Some Noise: Do not allow Cameron to leave the studio. Stellar and down for everything Kind of to a fault, though I can't blame him for not reining in Josh

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

I don't know if it's just cuz I love impressions but yeah, that Make Some Noise episode was definitely one for the books.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

kiminewt posted:

I don't know if it's just cuz I love impressions but yeah, that Make Some Noise episode was definitely one for the books.

I was actually surprised by how subtle some of them were

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
That Miley Cyrus right out of the gate was amazing.

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

I thought the Olivia Coleman one was especially good as well. There were some duds but generally all good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

minor burrow's End spoiler
Bennett is Aabria's gift to the D20 furry
community

Xand_Man fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Oct 27, 2023