Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
we’ve all read books that we shouldn’t have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
and likewise people like Snyder tend to get mentioned enough by institutions with aligned goals that they get remembered through exposure as legitimate by default :nsa:

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

sounds like Blue got owned and is qqing to the mods instead of taking the L

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

brugroffil posted:

Iirc there was also no way the fishing boats could have carried and launched the missiles that were larger than the boats.

the boats were jetskis made for ants

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

When is the protocols of Islam coming out so I can get really mad and finally join the consent manufacturing burger machine

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
Time for some sausageposting: I was in Frankfurt over the weekend and their historical town hall had gigantic Israel and Ukraine flags hanging from it, plus every single ATM and ticket machine for the U-bahn and S-bahn had a screensaver showing clasped hands branded with the German and Israeli flags and WE STAND WITH ISRAEL in several languages below. Quite weird to see how omnipresent it all was in the city

but there was a big pro-Palestine demonstration in one of the main squares on Saturday with thousands of people there, so again there's a disconnect between what the state and its institutions are saying and what the average people in the street think about it

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

brugroffil posted:

Iirc there was also no way the fishing boats could have carried and launched the missiles that were larger than the boats.

again, you only hear about what Van Riper did because it lets people easily deflect the "lol the US lost to Iran in a wargame" with "well ACTUALLY they only lost because the other guy cheated"

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

hadji murad posted:

we’ve all read books that we shouldn’t have.

Don't remind me.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

gently caress

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

the real story with the millennium challenge isn’t who won or lost, but that the people in charge of the us military are dumb and insane

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Zodium posted:

the real story with the millennium challenge isn’t who won or lost, but that the people in charge of the us military are dumb and insane

correct

our military has a less effective GM than a group of 13 year old boys

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Zodium posted:

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

Love just how everywhere US citizens are at all times in every part of the world no matter what else is going on. What are they doing there? Nothing that doesn't singularly advance US interests! :newlol:

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Cuttlefush posted:

and likewise people like Snyder tend to get mentioned enough by institutions with aligned goals that they get remembered through exposure as legitimate by default :nsa:

I "discovered" Snyder something like 7 years ago, when a local newspaper printed very positive reviews of his works and I immediately went out and bought a bunch of his books.

Ofc it's a liberal paper and ofc it has wholly joined into the "Palestine delenda est" screeches over the last weeks.

Ah well....learned something I guess. Time to re-read Wolfgang Benz's Holocaust introduction, follow his sources and then pluck Snyder apart.

Hammerstein has issued a correction as of 22:10 on Oct 24, 2023

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

John Charity Spring posted:

Time for some sausageposting: I was in Frankfurt over the weekend and their historical town hall had gigantic Israel and Ukraine flags hanging from it, plus every single ATM and ticket machine for the U-bahn and S-bahn had a screensaver showing clasped hands branded with the German and Israeli flags and WE STAND WITH ISRAEL in several languages below. Quite weird to see how omnipresent it all was in the city

seems like such inconvenient PR timing for this to come on the heels of the consent factory shaping support for Ukraine

it's such cognative whiplash to go from the basic messaging "the big guy is picking on the little guy and occupies his land, he deserves to get to fight back" to trying to flip the entire message on his head and get us to root for Goliath, even if he's marching under the star of david banner

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Hammerstein posted:

I "discovered" Snyder something like 7 years ago, when a local newspaper printed very positive reviews of his works and I immeddiately went out and bought a bunch of his books.

lol

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

good news everyone!!!

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1716810524833313147

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

oh word?

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

lol i just found this out online about the british navy and im still recovering from how insane it is

https://twitter.com/carlzha/status/1716590196425118177?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Still won't be white people doing the laundry.

quote:

Nepalese Gurkhas will replace them due to fears that Beijing could threaten the servants’ families in China to make those on board ships pass on Royal Navy secrets, The Sun has reported.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

words are just farts your mouth says, genocide joe. what's that look like as policy? if you really believed this you'd put raytheon and lockheed's money where your mouth is and turn off bibi's missile deliverys at least until he stops the bombing bare minimum

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Dokapon Findom posted:

Love just how everywhere US citizens are at all times in every part of the world no matter what else is going on. What are they doing there? Nothing that doesn't singularly advance US interests! :newlol:

Like I said before there are A LOT of American Arabs that go back to the ME for a variety of reasons. And they're not doing great too.

quote:

Rafah, Gaza – Nineteen-year-old Yousif Abu Shaaban and four immediate family members had been waiting for days for their evacuation from the besieged Gaza Strip through the Rafah border crossing with Egypt.

An American passport holder, Abu Shaaban was told by officials from the United States consulate that he and his family were eligible to leave the strip. The family was staying at a school near the Rafah crossing, seeking a way out of the enclave away from Israel’s relentless bombing campaign that began on October 7.

US officials had advised Gaza’s Palestinian American dual citizens — who number between 500 and 600 — to move closer to the crossing for possible safe passage into Egypt.

quote:

On October 21, US officials said they had received information that the crossing could be opened to allow dual citizens to leave — as the first aid trucks from Egypt entered Gaza.

But it’s already too late for Abu Shaaban and his family: The delay in evacuations cost his 14-year-old sister’s life.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2023/10/21/we-went-through-hell-palestinian-dual-citizens-remain-stuck-in-gaza

That kid still has shrapnel dug into his face.

And no loving US politician is talking about it.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
no youre right Biden it was Hamas taking away Palestinian self determination youre right we'll go to pops milkshake shop to get a malt root beer with ice cream with your hip girl in 1954

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Not sure if family-posting is allowed, but I chatted with my dad over the phone earlier and asked him about his perception of the Israel-Palestine issue (I had forgotten he and my sister actually visited Israel a while back).

Basically he thinks that Netanyahu is corrupt, a lot of his cabinet members want to kill all of the Palestinians, the settlers kill Palestinians which doesn't make US news, average non-settler Israeli is decent and doesn't want conflict, there needs to be a two state solution, US support for Israel is worsening the conflict, Palestine is an open-air prison, etc, but when I asked if he defines what's happening in Palestine as genocide or if Israel is bombing civilians intentionally, he hesitated before saying that like with Iraq and Afghanistan it's inevitable that that civilians will be killed and that Iran is responsible for supplying Hamas and Hezbollah.

Considering he's pretty much an uber-neoliberal capitalist, I guess that's saying something. Still disappointed though.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Did someone tell cornpop he's gonna lose Michigan (at the least) if he keeps going on his full-throated endorsement of genocide?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Owlbear Camus posted:

even if he's marching under the star of david banner

E: The only David Banner star worth marching for.

moths has issued a correction as of 15:44 on Oct 24, 2023

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Dancer posted:

Still won't be white people doing the laundry.

a bit where tensions are such with with more and more of asia and the global south they keep barring nationalities until they're like "hey sorry irish, but there's no way a englishman's gonna do his own laundry so hop to it."

Zadok Allen
Oct 9, 2023

:stare:

https://x.com/xbtGBH/status/1716791201452466462?s=20

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

PawParole posted:

https://twitter.com/GMomurder/status/1716519933742580198

The trots are protesting in their usual obnoxious way (handing out newspapers and using confusing terminology), but I appreciate the spirit.

hebrew is fine but i'd prefer to see more shebrew

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Xebrew.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Fleetwood posted:

hebrew is fine but i'd prefer to see more shebrew

More! Female! IDF! Members!

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Zodium posted:

the real story with the millennium challenge isn’t who won or lost, but that the people in charge of the us military are dumb and insane the friends we made along the way

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Chairman Xibrew, the holy land yearns for freedom

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Hammerstein posted:

Road to Unfreedom can be an interesting read, if you are mentally prepared and take everything with not just a grain, but a giant sack, of salt.

But Bloodlands and On Tyranny are good books, so I can't bring myself to wholly condemn the man, despite his later works.

blood lands is double genocide theory garbage lol

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

moths posted:

E: The only David Banner star worth marching for.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
We got a form letter at work to eat and sleep better if we are impacted by "current events".

Better than the alternative I guess.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

gunna open up a cafe called HeBrew and send all proceeds to Palestine

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Internal polling must be pretty bad on enabling genocide

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Zodium posted:

everything about it is so great.

the accusations of cheating by ripper are so cute too. light speed motorcycles could have been landlines and no one would have said a thing and ripper would still get the same effect. or that the boats he mounted his missile swarm on were too small to support missiles, as if it would be impossible for Iran to build a slightly larger boat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

does the prez get ratio'd often