Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

ekuNNN posted:

wait actually I agree with you here, I had a brainfart and read sovereign citizens as american far-right militia type people.
Random weirdo sovereign citizen people refusing to get out of their car or stop filming or whatever dont deserve to be brutalized, yea

Ah gotcha. Ok. We can still be friends after all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

ekuNNN posted:

wait actually I agree with you here, I had a brainfart and read sovereign citizens as american far-right militia type people.
Random weirdo sovereign citizen people refusing to get out of their car or stop filming or whatever dont deserve to be brutalized, yea

There's overlap, so it's a fair mistake to make. The average sovcit is just a harmless annoying weirdo, but there's also varieties of them that will pull out rifles and shoot anyone who "creates rejoinder without their consent" or whatever.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

drawing tye venn diagram of sovcits and chuds who deserve to be murdered with state violence to clarify

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

ekuNNN posted:

Liberal :cawg:

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Just clocked you as a chud bro. Games over.

LuxuryLarva
Sep 8, 2023

Hot dude with a cool attitude.
I am against violence. Getting other people to be violent however.....

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/no-charges-against-georgia-state-troopers-who-killed-cop-city-activist_n_652019bce4b076f0bd0f15dc

quote:

“The use of lethal (deadly) force by the Georgia State Patrol was objectively reasonable under the circumstances of this case,” Christian wrote. “No criminal charges will be brought against the Georgia State Patrol Troopers involved in the shooting of Manuel Perez Teran.”

Police said Teran was camped out along with other protesters on the grounds of the planned training center when Georgia State Troopers moved in to remove them. Teran is accused by police of shooting at officers through their tent four times with a 9 mm pistol, injuring an officer.

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation alleged Teran had gun residue on their hands. But an autopsy from the DeKalb County Medical Examiner’s Office and another independent autopsy did not detect the presence of gunshot residue.

The independent autopsy also found that Teran had their hands raised in the air when they were fatally shot.

“Manuel’s left and right hands show exit wounds in both palms,” a statement from attorneys representing Teran’s family said at the time. “The autopsy further reveals that Manuel was most probably in a seated position, cross-legged when killed.”

Georgia State Troopers are not required by law to wear body cameras, but nearby Atlanta Police Department body cameras did capture an officer suggesting that another officer had been shot by friendly fire. There was apparently no footage of the shooting itself.

ekuNNN has issued a correction as of 01:13 on Oct 7, 2023

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
"Objectively reasonable"

We had reason to believe the guy sitting cross-legged with his hands up was actually secretly the X-Men character Wolverine so we couldn't be sure the threat had passed after the first magazine was empty

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
pretty cool that journalists will still print naked lies from cops even after all evidence proves them wrong with no pushback and just a "on the one hand <reality>, but on the other hand our boys in blue say otherwise. It's complicated!" format.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Coolness Averted posted:

pretty cool that journalists will still print naked lies from cops even after all evidence proves them wrong with no pushback and just a "on the one hand <reality>, but on the other hand our boys in blue say otherwise. It's complicated!" format.
It's nice to know the exact flavor of cop bullshit they're trying to use since it would be the only account if they had their way, and often is. I dream of the day someone with gently caress you money to spend on lawyers tries to use "cops lie all the drat time in and out of court" as a legal defense against cop testimony being inherently untrustworthy, with a mountain of news stories as evidence.

But yes it would be nice if the format is this was what actually loving happened instead of here's what both sides say, this makes us look objective right

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Coolness Averted posted:

well, that's their job.

nudejedi
Mar 5, 2002

Shanghai Tippytap

Of course they can't be held accountable, that would set a precedent of accountability! Can't have that!

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/c...53-c45ea6cc5d7a

Cop has a hissy fit at an elementary school event and mag dumps the sky. Something about being around children really sets these guys off. Take a shot every time they mention he is a prosecutor's son. Don't worry, he'll be fine.

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

When your partner kills all the black children and doesn't leave you any:
https://twitter.com/KTLA/status/1714632705110159575

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Koishi Komeiji posted:

When your partner kills all the black children and doesn't leave you any:
https://twitter.com/KTLA/status/1714632705110159575

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bdORiwoLho

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

walking home from dropping off my ballot voting to reduce police funding, I was stopped and accosted by a cop. I would've posted about it early, but I was eating a probe from a forums cop for a post deriding fallen forums cops.

democracy and policing all on display today

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
They have been playing us for absolute FOOLS.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
but they're wearing sneakers not boots

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

love how police appropriated the character that likes killing corrupt police

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that depends heavily on the writer and editor. sometimes frank punisher kills dirty cops with impunity, other times he is a complete bootlicker who loves and is loved by cops.

Lady Gagazula
Aug 13, 2005

Can't read my
Can't read my
No he can't read my
Joker Face
Melman
it looks like they’ve combined the punisher logo with the scout regiment logo from attack on titan

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
tbf AOT is basically Punisher for weebs in terms of being a giant red flag if they're a fan of that and ONLY that

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
This popped up in the dem thread,

PenguinKnight posted:

turns out the Minneapolis PD is just the mafia

https://twitter.com/_cingraham/status/1714260666016792713?s=20

what’s our dipshit mayor have to say about the protection racket?

“Frey said the city needs its officers working more on-duty, rather than off-duty, which he acknowledges will cost more. In other words, pump up their regular pay so they’re less inclined to take the lucrative off-duty work.”

oh
A lot of pds have these sort of bribery situations with off duty cops working in uniform as security, I wonder how many have this straight up protection racket.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
That not even a protection racket with extra steps, that's just a protection racket. And I'd trust the mafia more than the police to actually protect me from a goddamn thing.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Those cops are simply worried that other security guards might not be up to par, so they insist on doing it themselves

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
the highest paid public employees are only shaking down citizens because they aren't paid enough

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

that depends heavily on the writer and editor. sometimes frank punisher kills dirty cops with impunity, other times he is a complete bootlicker who loves and is loved by cops.

Yeah, and what it really matters is that he makes "justice" by executing bad guys on spot, which is what they feel the police should be allowed to do

grah
Jul 26, 2007
brainsss

500excf type r posted:

the highest paid public employees are only shaking down citizens because they aren't paid enough

College football coaches are a menace

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

grah posted:

College football coaches are a menace

now check on the municipal level instead, hell just google "police highest paid employees" and you will probably get a dozen local to you towns and cities talking about how their highest paid employees in 2022 were police

grah
Jul 26, 2007
brainsss
I'm well aware of the absurd overtime, pensions, and endowments given to police. My city has a shithead cop mayor who has demanded 15% cuts from every single city agency while giving the cops unlimited overtime to stand around subway stations reading twitter on their phones.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

a dude in texas was going to puck up breakfast for his four kids. dude has a similar name to a person with a warrant. you'll never guess what happens!

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/pub...-crime-suspect/

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://www.newschannel5.com/news/john-drake-jr-found-dead-after-three-day-manhunt

the son of a police chief shot two cops and went on a 3 day manhunt. he’s dead and does not achieve the rank of Dorner

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

https://x.com/huntclancy/status/1717674855477232018?s=46&t=v69FFc9gmilk6I-vYnAGzw

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
https://www.cnn.com/maine-shooting-robert-card-investigation/index.html

Cops were told clearly and unambiguously the Lewiston shooter was going to do a mass shooting six weeks before the Lewiston shooter did a mass shooting in Lewiston

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

https://www.cnn.com/maine-shooting-robert-card-investigation/index.html

Cops were told clearly and unambiguously the Lewiston shooter was going to do a mass shooting six weeks before the Lewiston shooter did a mass shooting in Lewiston
It'd be nice if politicians used this to champion mental health sincerely this time instead of just using it as a distraction seeing as there are real, concrete examples of institutions failing and obvious steps that can be taken to fix those institutions but that's never happening

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
lol at maine being a “blue state” and still not having a red flag law. this guy is an absolute poster boy for why they are good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

TenementFunster posted:

lol at maine being a “blue state” and still not having a red flag law. this guy is an absolute poster boy for why they are good
As a member of the Democratic Party I am deeply offended by your implication that they should do things people elected them to do