Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
e: wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Yeah, it's also been pushed to me en masse on YouTube like this as well with the exact same wording. I guess "gone through hell" is the new buzzword (phrase?) currently being pushed as the Official Narrative.

I think that's literally how she described the trip from being taken to going through the tunnels. They just leave off that they "were very nice to them" later lol.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

joe biden make it through one full page of a harry potter book without wandering off challenge

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

yeah this whole "please show restraint" poo poo from the US is not to prevent destruction, it's a "wait until our carriers get there otherwise the genociding is way harder"

Think it's a lot like the situation Israel sees itself in. Genuine concern about the narrative surrounding the conflict, Israel's apartheid and genocide is much, much more salient now than it's ever been before, they (the administration) knows they're in deep poo poo when it comes to how this is playing out domestically and internationally but they also aren't gonna give up on their little crusader state they've worked so hard and invested so much in propping up. Basically they know they're hosed and are trying to hedge (which will fail, anyone paying any amount of attention knows exactly what's going on)

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Karach posted:

The true Snyder cut

:yeshaha:

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

israel is gonna hard close the borders of gaza and let everyone starve and die, while the presence of two US carrier strike groups will deter the surrounding forces from attacking israel.

is that right

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

why is 50 cent doing the sieg heil

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

israel is gonna hard close the borders of gaza and let everyone starve and die, while the presence of two US carrier strike groups will deter the surrounding forces from attacking israel.

is that right

that seems to be the strategy they’re going with.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

err posted:

you can catch pretty much anyone looking like theyre doing a sig heil before waving to a crowd

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

is that right

yes but if you think that means the US is supporting Palestinian genocide then you have been tricked by fake news and need to check your sources.

also israel is dropping US bombs from US planes paid for with US money on Gaza, but, see above.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

Al! posted:

you can catch pretty much anyone looking like theyre doing a sig heil before waving to a crowd
syq when quoting laura ingraham

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

moths posted:

It's thousands of IDF reserve conscripts finding out surrender is an option before he can shovel them into a meat grinder.

Oops.

Inshallah

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

WhiskeyWhiskers has issued a correction as of 16:36 on Oct 24, 2023

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

what does hezbollah's anti-air consist of? just manpads or do they have sam batteries?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

syq when quoting laura ingraham

thats the only person i remember being accused of doing a sig heil and playing it off, that actually did that

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

err posted:

He's using his hands to show a sick ramp he jumped with Tony yayo

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Yeah, it's also been pushed to me en masse on YouTube like this as well with the exact same wording. I guess "gone through hell" is the new buzzword (phrase?) currently being pushed as the Official Narrative.

Global News Calgary interjected that "don't forget Hamas killed babies" while reporting the good treatment of the elderly hostages. Literally 0 babies were killed by hamas. This consent manufacturing sucks.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

err posted:

Du findest mich im Club. Flasche voller Blasen Schau, Mädchen, ich habe die Ecstasy, wenn du gerne Drogen nimmst

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

im getting the sense that i thought the media was better at manuafcturing consent but now i realize that i was a teenager during the runup to the iraq war and all of the boomers wanted it to happen

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

mcmagic posted:

The Hellworld we live in now is Trump winning in 2024 because Brandon loses Michigan due to the Arab vote and then giving Israel the OK to flatten Gaza and annex the west bank.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

freaking hellworld >_<

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Al! posted:

im getting the sense that i thought the media was better at manuafcturing consent but now i realize that i was a teenager during the runup to the iraq war and all of the boomers wanted it to happen

yeah as a preteen i fell for it pretty hard, also boomers were all 20 years younger so they were the majority of the "adult population" and also wanted to do a war really hard. plus it's easier to manufacture consent for a war using a terrorist attack as the justification when said attack was in the country you're manufacturing consent in. hard to get any population of people to desire war over an attack that happened on the other side of the world.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

AnimeIsTrash posted:

freaking hellworld >_<

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

err posted:

hes a black israelite

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Al! posted:

yeah the us is a nazi country that loves killing poor people. colin powel showing off the mobile chemical weapons labs wasn't convincing anyone who wasn't already on board with murdering hundreds of thousands of people

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

hes at a concert and probably asking the audience to sing, but i think its pretty obvious why they chose that picture

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

also if you look at pop culture from the late nineties its clear how deeply, badly boomers wanted their Good War

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Cactus Ghost posted:

Du findest mich im Club. Flasche voller Blasen Schau, Mädchen, ich habe die Ecstasy, wenn du gerne Drogen nimmst

Ich liebe fünfzig pfennig

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

I remember the on the ground footage from the Iraq invasion, and it was largely supplied either directly by the US military, or by journalists embedded within the US military, so every bit of footage was effectively under military control, since they had full control over where journalists would go and what they would see.
Now everyone has a smartphone, and can livestream atrocities as they are happening, no filter, no outside control.
Unless someone cuts off the power and the Internet.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Hatebag posted:

yeah the us is a nazi country that loves killing poor people. colin powel showing off the mobile chemical weapons labs wasn't convincing anyone who wasn't already on board with murdering hundreds of thousands of people

when i argued with my idiot lib parents i thought i was trying to convince them to see reason but as it turns out they just wanted fo win one for the gipper

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

The media was also MUCH more trusted back then. Is was widely seen as a legitimate 4th estate maintaining democracy, keeping the world informed, and the powerful honest.

We're still butting up against that perception from a lot of people, but it was basically monolithic back then.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

none of this is similar to 9/11. the ongoing genocide can always be dismissed as "those people that have been killing each other for thousands of years, oh well." (which is how a coworker described it to me last week)

a direct attack on a carrier or the mainland though, and yeah it's game on :(

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

mcmagic posted:

The Hellworld we live in now is Trump winning in 2024 because Brandon loses Michigan due to the Arab vote and then giving Israel the OK to flatten Gaza and annex the west bank.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Hellworld is right now in this moment where Genocide Joe is supporting genocide in Palestine.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Al! posted:

Back then you had newspapers (including online) but social media hadn't taken off yet, so it was a different media environment. It's all shoved in your face much harder now.

Also, there seems to be quite a strange divide opening up between the Establishment of politicians, press and hangers-on, who are frothingly pro-Israel and ordinary people, who are much more detached, or pro-Palestine. I don't remember that divide being there in 2003.

Morbus
May 18, 2004

genericnick posted:

Grandma just happy someone came to visit. One weird trick

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
I always wave to crowds with a bent elbow and a softly cupped hand pointed towards the heavens

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Al! posted:

when i argued with my idiot lib parents i thought i was trying to convince them to see reason but as it turns out they just wanted fo win one for the gipper

the most outraged most americans got about the iraq war is that it made gas prices higher

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Read my regional late afternoon news and saw this headline.

Selenskyj demands "complete de-occupation"

How nice of him to stand with Gaza.....Oh....wait....

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Aside from bloodthirsty establishment ghouls like Biden and nutty evangelicals, most average people don't give a gently caress about Israel; and honestly, why should they? For all the whining in the media about how they're a "key ally" that we "must" support, I don't see what's in it for us with this partnership. Thinking of things only in terms of what's in it for number one is a very capitalist way of looking at the world, but why should we care about Israel's defense?

e: Yeah, we all know the answer to the latter is 'fat defense contractor profits' and American imperialism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Hatebag posted:

the most outraged most americans got about the iraq war is that it made gas prices higher

:hmmyes: