Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

TyrantWD posted:

Those of you playing the Arc Lash variant of Ball Lightning - how are you keeping Unstable Currents off CD, or at least very close to that? In the video the guy has a 38 second base CD, I don't have as much CD so mine is at 46 seconds, but even after I jump in and fight big packs of mobs or a world boss I still have an 18-28 second CD before it is up again (using all the same aspects and vampire powers with the Esu boots and good bit of movespeed + attack speed).

Are you using the crackling energy passive? I have 100% uptime in NM dungeons except for bosses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

CBD Corndog posted:

another Joe Shely W

As a Poe guy it was crazy to me that they changed stats and mechanics around so much during the last season. This is good.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sorcerers suffered through launch and season 1 this is our moment.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

you want flickerstep boots or whatever they're called that shave 2 seconds off your ult when evading through groups.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

And 2 seconds is the min roll, it goes up to 4

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Tokubetsu posted:

I will not buy the sexy rogue set in the item shop
It's such a blatant one as well, highest MTX cost for hotpants and a bra.

alright i was tempted by the male set

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Shame about the rolls

the itemization in this game is still absolute dogwater.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Still zooming on the horse. Still loving life.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’m glad they aren’t nerfing stuff

Bat evade is crazy good

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

As someone who dropped off Season 1 hard after 3 hours, and have spent the last days having an absolute blast in D4 again, just hanging around in the VampTides and partying up with randoms for random dungeons, I very much approve of that message.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lol I've been holding off on BL sorc but I guess I don't have to

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Me: Vamp Skills are crazy busted, health regens every time I blink and all kinds of poo poo patching all the weaknesses in my build

Also me: Soloing WT4 capstone dungeon at lvl54, dying for 30th time

What i’m saying is you make your own adventures in life

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Quick change the locks before the WoW devs get back!!!

Marshal Plugnut
Aug 16, 2005

The code to the exit is 1125

After trying to get a frost nova/ice shards build going, with an emphasis on free frost nova procs from conjuration lucky hits, I finally discover that hydras lucky hit chance is only 3%. Whoops.
Time to try this ball lightning hotness I reckon. I've got the ball lightning orbits aspect, what else do I need? Just focus on maximum mana regen to keep it rolling basically?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
None of the vamp powers have really hooked me so far. Most of them are level 3 already because I’ve been living in the blood harvest but nothing feels crazy OP. Trying my usual caster Druid and seeing if I can make it work. Bathe in Blood seems to be my main workhorse but other than that not seeing what would help. Tried the barrier when you stand still one and it just takes too long to proc. And Pox seems kinda pointless because if I’m dealing damage 8 times before an enemy dies I’ve got bigger problems.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

With pulverize Druid I do 1. Bat evade 2. Make people vulnerable forever when I hit them as bat 3. 20% reduction in ultimate cd 4. Hemomancy 5. The 3% life hit on hit one

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

American McGay posted:

None of the vamp powers have really hooked me so far. Most of them are level 3 already because I’ve been living in the blood harvest but nothing feels crazy OP. Trying my usual caster Druid and seeing if I can make it work. Bathe in Blood seems to be my main workhorse but other than that not seeing what would help. Tried the barrier when you stand still one and it just takes too long to proc. And Pox seems kinda pointless because if I’m dealing damage 8 times before an enemy dies I’ve got bigger problems.
The health regen Vamp Stamps plug a big hole in my upheaval overpower barb, i can spend less ability points and gears on survival and put them on damage instead.

I am having a lot of fun running the 8-weapon-swap overpower affix with upheaval, leap, 2 shouts and 2 basic skills to alternate to trigger the overpower fast. Without the vamp powers I think I would be dying a lot more to mobs.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Make all classes like BL sorc blizzard. poo poo is thoroughly fun.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

I think I found the worst checkpoint placement in the game.
Just ... :wow:. Incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW8LKUb4izc

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
/\/\/\Video is Private

Welp, I just hit a wall to my fun. I did some nightmare dungeon runs to level my glyphs now that I have some of the ones I want and YAWN. NMDs are the most boring part of the game and such a loving slog.

Jaytan
Dec 14, 2003

Childhood enlistment means fewer birthdays to remember

George H.W. oval office posted:

It’s very strong with just gravitational and prodigy, and goes completely late game vampire survivors once you get drops. Can’t believe they aren’t nerfing it after how anti OP builds they were the first few months.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Is there an advantage to grouping for NMD?

I’m just chain running high 20s at lvl 74 and it’s starting to slow down on glyph xp

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

m.hache posted:

Is there an advantage to grouping for NMD?

I’m just chain running high 20s at lvl 74 and it’s starting to slow down on glyph xp

You get vastly more poo poo on your screen.

I think technically the exp is better and if people have good builds it should be faster also with multiple people choosing sigils you should be able to cherry pick better.

Also “fun”.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
A sense of brother/sisterhood, and cameraderie.

Plus you don't look like Billy-no-mates

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Fair points. I’ll find a discord or something to party with other degens.

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

There's still no way to see your health and resource, it's ridiculous. Those two balls on the hotbar is not it.

The lack of overhead health and resource bars is incredibly frustrating.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
Stare at the balls

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

George H.W. oval office posted:

Oooh what’s this lil build?

Did they fix blizzard so it’s worth putting points in it or does all the damage still come from aspect spikes?

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

I think BL means Ball Lightning?

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug
I came back for the new season and am having a blast with a Pulverize Druid. I'm 46, and keep maxing out on Murmuring Orbs. Whenever I buy stuff, it's still total garbage in WT2. Should I just buy whispering keys, and open a bunch of chests when I get to WT3? Or don't worry about getting junk, just keep doing it.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Doom Rooster posted:

I came back for the new season and am having a blast with a Pulverize Druid. I'm 46, and keep maxing out on Murmuring Orbs. Whenever I buy stuff, it's still total garbage in WT2. Should I just buy whispering keys, and open a bunch of chests when I get to WT3? Or don't worry about getting junk, just keep doing it.

run your capstone and go to wt3, 2 is for babbies

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
So what's the take on season 2? Seems things are getting better more build viability now? Are skills starting to see more parody with one another? Just wondering if it's worth coming back and zoning out on this for a bit.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
WT doesn't matter for gambling, only character level does

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Doom Rooster posted:

Spam gamble rings and hope for a good umbral roll that you can later slap into a good ring

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

unattended spaghetti posted:

So what's the take on season 2? Seems things are getting better more build viability now? Are skills starting to see more parody with one another? Just wondering if it's worth coming back and zoning out on this for a bit.

It's good, it's clear and obvious that criticisms have been listened to. The game's in a decent state.

The most common criticism nowadays is the itemization and it's loud & frequent enough that we'll probably see improvements in S3 or S4 or maybe even the major expansion. It would be a lot of work to do. The issue of having to carefully read every item only to chuck 99% of them in the trash is still there. It's been alleviated somewhat by having non-sacred/ancestral items auto-scrap, but you're still porting back to town with a full inventory of waste at the end of the day.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
if you don’t have a good aspect for pulv, i forget the name, iirc you want to roll offhand/totem for the best chance at that

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

It's good, it's clear and obvious that criticisms have been listened to. The game's in a decent state.

The most common criticism nowadays is the itemization and it's loud & frequent enough that we'll probably see improvements in S3 or S4 or maybe even the major expansion. It would be a lot of work to do. The issue of having to carefully read every item only to chuck 99% of them in the trash is still there. It's been alleviated somewhat by having non-sacred/ancestral items auto-scrap, but you're still porting back to town with a full inventory of waste at the end of the day.

Well this and NMD being the only way to get glyph experience. Which didn't bother me much in pre season but it's pretty unexciting in this one when the vampire fields are so fun.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
Cool. This year has too many good games. But I'm glad things are being actively improved. Hopefully I can get in there and screw around before season 2 is over. Really glad they flinched on world and campaign progress. Wonder how long before we just get rifts again lmao.

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

Soonmot posted:

run your capstone and go to wt3, 2 is for babbies

Okay fine. Done. 3 more levels, and 2 major item upgrades made it wayyyy easier than my first try.

harrygomm posted:

if you don’t have a good aspect for pulv, i forget the name, iirc you want to roll offhand/totem for the best chance at that

I got super lucky and I have 2 really excellent natural rolls, but more will always be helpful.

DeadlyHalibut posted:

Spam gamble rings and hope for a good umbral roll that you can later slap into a good ring

Duly noted!

dyzzy posted:

WT doesn't matter for gambling, only character level does

Good to know! Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Jaytan posted:

It’s very strong with just gravitational and prodigy, and goes completely late game vampire survivors once you get drops. Can’t believe they aren’t nerfing it after how anti OP builds they were the first few months.

Yeah there has been a 180 on their design philosophy since the end of season 0 on this stuff, I guess the numbers really showed that people want to be strong and kill lots of dudes in their arpg, who knew