Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

No

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Probably check it out for a few episodes

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

I'd watch for Ospreay, if only because him working there would be a sign that TNA actually wants to upend the perception that their product is in a sealed bubble and booked on autopilot.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Would watch if they signed just Ospreay, would not watch if they signed Punk or both

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82wgwdro-Zc

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

None of you will admit NJPW is bad because the wrestling is good smdh

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?
He has a point; Okada wins way too much for someone not related to the Rock.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Okada is a nerd who tapped out to a man who was wrestling with a broken arm.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Not taking any argument seriously from a guy who pretends his sharpie is a microphone.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Wait till they find out Chaos was started by Toru Yano to preserve Strong Style in NJPW

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
Nope, Toru Yano has always been a jokester and has never been a vicious heel in his entire wrestling career.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Bonk posted:

Not taking any argument seriously from a guy who pretends his sharpie is a microphone.

Right?!

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/RealNickAldis/status/1716930743602119143

I just got a laugh out of anyone connected with WWE posting something like this.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Hoss Corncave posted:

Nope, Toru Yano has always been a jokester and has never been a vicious heel in his entire wrestling career.

imagine thinking such things about wrestlings impish lil prankster

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

NWA is about to become the second biggest US promotion, guys.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The CW deal is a time buy.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Isn't that a broadcast station ranked behind a cable station? Somehow the CW is free to more people, but less watch it than TBS, that should be embarrassing.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
The CW has been gutted so much I'm not sure it has anything people watch anymore? Zaslav hit 'em hard.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
WOW is currently on The CW so it's already the #2 promotion.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Maxwell Lord posted:

The CW has been gutted so much I'm not sure it has anything people watch anymore? Zaslav hit 'em hard.

Well it will soon!! Assuming people can figure out how to find it and watch it.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I think they're right! Oh, wait, they said 'if it gets good ratings.' Then no, it won't.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Maxwell Lord posted:

They're pivoting hard into live sports and reality TV, which really means they want cheaper programming.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Maxwell Lord posted:

It's really the work of Nexstar more than Zaslav & Co. Nexstar bought majority ownership of the network from both WBD and Paramount, then immediately said "We've gotta start cutting costs around here, nobody's watching this genre crap!" (CW's previous programming model had basically become a way for the studios to produce shows that made a profit via international/streaming rights sales before ever hitting the airwaves; selling ads for the linear broadcast was just icing on the cake.)

The new owners claim to be in talks to produce or acquire dozens of series for new original programming, but between the strikes and their cheapness that sure didn't pan out for their 2023 Fall schedule. So the focus for the time being seems to be the cheapest programming possible, with an emphasis on discount sports. Getting paid to air LIV Golf, picking up a slate of ACC football/basketball games that were sold off at a bargain following the Bally regional sports network bankruptcy, securing the rights to NASCAR's second-tier Xfinity racing series - all of which are purely carriage deals, the leagues themselves are responsible for production.

bartok
May 10, 2006

I feel like the CW has fallen from being the "Fifth Network" to being in the same group of those weird digital channels like Me-TV or Comet that just play syndicated shows all day. I know I'd rather watch old episodes of Stargate SG-1 and CSI: Miami over NWA any day.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

TV is dead, so being #1 on that platform is like being the top trombonist on the Titanic.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/FakeNadine/status/1717279980436988167

For context, Nadine was recently suspended from twitter for violent threats.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

They'll get suspended so they can't say dumb stuff, smart.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

Worked herself into a shoot brother, hate to see it

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Will the NWA be the lead in to FBoy Island or is it the other way around? This is important.

Either way it better not harm Penn & Teller: Fool Us.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I saw this guy declaring he stopped supporting Cornel West because he dropped the Green Party and thought to myself "what kind of person could possibly care about that?"

I didn't expect that answer.

Edit: He's not interesting or worth reading his tweets just a funny profile and bio.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Oct 26, 2023

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Being proud of getting blocked by the Pizzagate guy might be the lowest self-imposed badge of honor I've ever seen.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

isn't that a 2000 Mules reference as well? jfc the Roman stans are not well

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

literally there isn't a more consistent through-line in AEW from the beginning onwards than 'Friendship is Magic'.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
That person literally can't handle different types of wrestling and catering to different types of fans

I don't love everything AEW does but I've never loved everything that any promotion does. There's no such thing as perfect and the best you can do is try to minimize the number of people you piss off but AEW is so much better than WWE because there's something for everyone. If you don't like Orange Cassidy then you have Samoa Joe. If you don't like Danhausen then there's House of Black

I'll never understand the type of fan that wants everything to be late 90s Attitude era grimdark edgy badass whatever. That was 25 years ago and it's gone and it's not coming back

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Come on, RVD

https://x.com/therealrvd/status/1717624529382424717?s=46

bartok
May 10, 2006

Didn't RVD get TNA kicked off of Twitch?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

jesus RVD i am trying to vibe with you and your old ecw music. Why you gotta be a creepy weirdo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

This tweet is good because it confirms that RVD is the one who made that NOAH announcer say it last year in what was one of the funniest lines since DDP is 40, wrestles like he's 30 and looks like he's 20.

OVW