Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
New Alkaline Trio song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CprfYX6hij4

Album next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

RubberLuffy posted:

New Alkaline Trio song

Album next year.

Huh, I had no idea Atom Willard was playing drums for them now.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Derek Grant quit in June of this year

Daughter
Jul 23, 2007

Whoa did he say motherfucker?? Edgy
I have no good reason why Matt Skiba annoys me. :shrugs:

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

RubberLuffy posted:

New Alkaline Trio song

Album next year.

more importantly, Drug Church is opening for them on tour

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 13 days!)

I've always liked Alkaline Trio but they've got two kinds of songs and I only like one of them. The lyrics are usually some macabre or dark stuff but the songs themselves either have the same edge or they are just vanilla pop punk stuff which completely washes over me and weirdly it is their later albums that tend towards that vanilla sound. I think after the Crimson album, there just isn't much I enjoy.

This song is one of the better vanilla style songs they've done but it's still that style so I can't get into it. I'll listen to the new album but my hopes aren't that high.

On a side note, Dan is looking very cool as the big moustache tough guy in that video. He's aged well.

If they come to the UK I'll probably go see them.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

roomtone posted:

I've always liked Alkaline Trio but they've got two kinds of songs and I only like one of them. The lyrics are usually some macabre or dark stuff but the songs themselves either have the same edge or they are just vanilla pop punk stuff which completely washes over me and weirdly it is their later albums that tend towards that vanilla sound. I think after the Crimson album, there just isn't much I enjoy.

This song is one of the better vanilla style songs they've done but it's still that style so I can't get into it. I'll listen to the new album but my hopes aren't that high.

On a side note, Dan is looking very cool as the big moustache tough guy in that video. He's aged well.

If they come to the UK I'll probably go see them.

Is This Thing Cursed was their best album since Crimson in my opinion but yeah they’re definitely dad rock at this point. I bought tickets for the Boston show this coming March just because I’ve only seen them once before, plus Drug Church!Also the Boston House of Blues is a fantastic venue and I just like seeing shows there.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm really glad Mark, Tom and Travis were able to resolve their differences and come together again, because I'm sure that was exceptionally difficult for guys in their 40s and 50s to do after not playing together for a decade, but this new blink 182 album is not doing it for me at all. Neighborhoods is the last one that I thought had some pretty good songs on it. I feel like this one is going to join the Matt Skiba blink albums in the "listen to once and then never again" pile for me.

I don't even think it's me getting too old for this band, because I was listening to their self-titled album literally earlier tonight and I still think that's a great album. I just feel zero connection to this batch of songs.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
I thought "I Really Wish I Hated You" was bordering on catchy/okay but agree that I haven't appreciated anything since Neighborhoods.

I saw Sincere Engineer tonight in Brooklyn and they were very good, even if the venue was kinda rear end.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 13 days!)

I've only listened to the new album once (in bed last night when it came out), but I enjoyed it. I think Anthem Part 3, Childhood, Turpentine and Bad News all stood out as good songs to me right away. Then you have a couple of singles which I already liked, so overall that's like half of the album I actively enjoyed on the first listen which is pretty good.

It IS a bit corny at times but they're corny guys.

Slowdive
Jun 9, 2016

Rageaholic posted:

I'm really glad Mark, Tom and Travis were able to resolve their differences and come together again, because I'm sure that was exceptionally difficult for guys in their 40s and 50s to do after not playing together for a decade, but this new blink 182 album is not doing it for me at all. Neighborhoods is the last one that I thought had some pretty good songs on it. I feel like this one is going to join the Matt Skiba blink albums in the "listen to once and then never again" pile for me.

I don't even think it's me getting too old for this band, because I was listening to their self-titled album literally earlier tonight and I still think that's a great album. I just feel zero connection to this batch of songs.

Agreed, rhe new blink is so bland, sterile and boring

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah as a Neighbourhoods liker I find this new one overall very mid

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
How's everyone enjoying the new Menzingers album? I think it's..... alright I guess

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Maybe leans a little too into metal for this thread but the new Svalbard LP is really good

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
Skiba is better than Tom, Neighborhoods is the worst blink album, and California is the best. Fight me.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I honestly forgot California even existed until I read that post

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Banzai 3 posted:

I won’t begin to speculate where Coheed and Cambria fits genre-wise but drat are they good live.
I saw them this spring finally, and am so glad I did. They were in heavy, heavy rotation for me back in like 2003-2007, and then I kinda came back to them in the past five years. They were great live and played hits from their whole discography not just the latest album.

Thanks to this thread I have been listening to that LS Dunes album a ton this year. The existence of that group also made me realize that Saosin put out an album in 2016, which I had missed. That first Saosin EP back in 2003 was a big favorite of mine at the time but I remember not liking their 2006 release so they just fell off my radar after that. But the 2016 one is a banger and goes so well with LS Dunes.

So listening to all this Anthony Green this year (throw in some Circa Survive) has made me crave more of the same, but one artist only has so much to offer. Spotify served me up Sianvar, which feels similar but with a hint of Mara Volta vibes which I kinda like. (Maybe I’m imagining that but there are a couple specific riffs which sound straight out of Deloused in the Comatorium to me)

I’m looking for more like this, I guess it’s broadly post-hardcore but not too screamy and with some occasional prog influence, if that makes sense. Whachya got for me thread?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Escobarbarian posted:

I honestly forgot California even existed until I read that post

But it's somewhat large and millions of people live there?!?!

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

bawfuls posted:

I saw them this spring finally, and am so glad I did. They were in heavy, heavy rotation for me back in like 2003-2007, and then I kinda came back to them in the past five years. They were great live and played hits from their whole discography not just the latest album.

Thanks to this thread I have been listening to that LS Dunes album a ton this year. The existence of that group also made me realize that Saosin put out an album in 2016, which I had missed. That first Saosin EP back in 2003 was a big favorite of mine at the time but I remember not liking their 2006 release so they just fell off my radar after that. But the 2016 one is a banger and goes so well with LS Dunes.

So listening to all this Anthony Green this year (throw in some Circa Survive) has made me crave more of the same, but one artist only has so much to offer. Spotify served me up Sianvar, which feels similar but with a hint of Mara Volta vibes which I kinda like. (Maybe I’m imagining that but there are a couple specific riffs which sound straight out of Deloused in the Comatorium to me)

I’m looking for more like this, I guess it’s broadly post-hardcore but not too screamy and with some occasional prog influence, if that makes sense. Whachya got for me thread?

Anthony Green is pretty drat prolific, especially if you like that raw sound of the first Saosin album, check out his early work under Audience of One, High & Driving, and his stuff with Zoloff The Rock and Roll Destroyer. I always thought it was so cool how there's multiple versions of Plays Pretty for Baby, love that song.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Monday_ posted:

Skiba is better than Tom, Neighborhoods is the worst blink album, and California is the best. Fight me.

I wont fight you cause Skiba is better and California is pretty good, it’s just like 4 mid tracks too long. That said, Nine is the worst Blink album by a lot.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Anthony Green's latest solo album is really strong. He threw in a bunch of horns and stuff in it and it's pretty great.

an owls casket
Jun 4, 2001

Pillbug
Just got back from seeing The Armed, and they fuckin' ruled. Got to talk to Tony briefly afterwards, and he's a super nice dude.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I’m currently on the train to Albany to see Bad Religion tonight. The sacrifices I’m willing to make to see my favorite band lol

The band opening for them, Speed of Light, is made up of 16-17 year olds and they’re actually really good. They have five whole songs on Apple Music and they’re loving bangers.

https://youtu.be/YhZcVvsTzNI?si=dJxScbrEyOR0w2Q4

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014

bawfuls posted:

The guy that sings for Sianvar is also the vocalist for the less proggy more post-hardcore, Circa-influenced band Hail the Sun. He’s also in Nova Charisma which I can’t really tell you much about.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Amyl and the Sniffers are amazing live. Most fun ive had in a long time.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
New Crime in Stereo just dropped, it rules hard
https://purenoise.bandcamp.com/album/house-trance

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Lots of albums coming out today (Wolf & Bear, End, Closure in Moscow) but my pals in Conversation just dropped their new single Faithless and I thought I'd share.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up2hhUidXTw

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Saw Sunny Day Real Estate tonight. After 30 years, they still sound real good. I know they haven't been together this whole time, but yeah. Wikipedia says this is their 4th reunion? Is that right? :eyepop: In any case, I'm lucky I got to see them on their last reunion tour in '09 and on this one, too.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
I'm seeing them on Wednesday. Very excited. Unfortunately I also have tix for Amyl & The Sniffers and will have to miss them :(

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

New band I discovered thanks to the wonders of Spotify (for once)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2-Cr2Lqnws

Wife/Wife with two guys helping out.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

iospace posted:

This slaps

SchwarzeKrieg
Apr 15, 2009
New video I made for my friends' band just dropped. They wanted to do a green screen video (which I'd never done before) and I had the idea to just rip off Hypnospace Outlaw, but then I realized I'm not nearly talented enough to do that so it turned into a kinda random mishmash of 90s gaming and internet aesthetics. Song slaps!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzOFIVB7C7s

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

SchwarzeKrieg posted:

New video I made for my friends' band just dropped. They wanted to do a green screen video (which I'd never done before) and I had the idea to just rip off Hypnospace Outlaw, but then I realized I'm not nearly talented enough to do that so it turned into a kinda random mishmash of 90s gaming and internet aesthetics. Song slaps!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzOFIVB7C7s

This is really cool and good. Great job with the video!

SchwarzeKrieg
Apr 15, 2009
Thank you! I'm hoping it gets some views for them, both because they're good and cool people who make good music but also (totally selfishly) because I'd love the chance to work with some bigger bands.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

iospace posted:

viqueen rules and awesome band who helped us out a lot, The Outlordes (https://outlourdes.bandcamp.com/album/we-live-underground) have been playing a few shows with them. hopefully gonna see both tomorrow night

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Oh sick, I didn't know Loma Prieta released a new one this summer. Last one was 2015.

https://lomaprietaband.bandcamp.com/album/last

Banzai 3
May 8, 2007
I'm only here for the weekly 24 bitchfest.
Pillbug
Saw The Hotelier play Home, Like Noplace Is There cover to cover and Dendron was a spiritual experience. I enjoyed Foxing (The Albatross) more live than the album, too. One of the most intimate venues I’ve been to, as well. Absolutely worth the ticket if they’re coming near you and either album piques your interest.

hankki
Nov 10, 2009
Started playing in a band first time in my life in my thirties. It has been almost two years, but we are releasing an album on the 24th and our first music video was released last week. In all honesty I don't know if this or the metalcore (or some other) thread would be more appropriate for this, but the name of the game is somewhere in between hardcore, postpunk and electronic music.

Our music is influenced by bands such as Birds In A Row, Cloud Rat, Have a Nice Life, Uniform, Holy Fawn and Dödmark just to name a few. Check out the song and video if possible and I would love to hear some feedback!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lruwaDlX96E

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Banzai 3 posted:

Saw The Hotelier play Home, Like Noplace Is There cover to cover and Dendron was a spiritual experience. I enjoyed Foxing (The Albatross) more live than the album, too. One of the most intimate venues I’ve been to, as well. Absolutely worth the ticket if they’re coming near you and either album piques your interest.

I saw The Hotelier on tour right after Home, Like Noplace Is There came out and people in the crowd were visibly crying, it was wild. Amazing show, every time I've seen them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
I'm going to see them at least once next week, maybe twice, in NYC