Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

FilthyImp posted:

Guess the season really caught me by surprise because stuff is like 3 eps in now and I'm just barely starting to feel like catching up/getting started.

100 Girlfriends: On chat recommendation I checked it out and It's like an actually good Kanojo no Kanojo. Enjoyable but they are gonna need to pick up the pace to get to all 100

As far as Im aware the manga isnt even up to 100 yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
the real treasure was the girlfriends we made along the way

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The manga is currently on girlfriend #26.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Rookie numbers

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
At least the pace of introduction has remained reasonably steady for a while now. No obvious signs of girlfriend slowdown.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I favor the Villainess is still low budget but it got creative with some good visual gags including a real good video game menu joke with an amazing payoff

Malsangoroth
Apr 2, 2015

Brutal Garcon posted:

The Dark Gathering OP sounds like the midboss music from Sonic & Knuckles.

I've been going through its soundtrack, there's actually some pretty good stuff there.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nihilarian posted:

Rookie numbers

Haha... yeah...

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
I feel like there was some other manga I was reading where the guy had to date girls or they'd die (or he'd die?) but it was a more grim and now I can't recall the name of it cause it either stopped updating or got canceled...

Either way 100 girlfriends is surprisingly sincere about it, I'm curious to see how far out there the archetypes for the girls go.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Well if the OP and ED are any indication we're getting two more girls this season but there's not a lot to go by for their personalities from the snippets we've seen. This series is actually making me excited for the manga, so I guess I'm reading that once the show ends.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I believe it was reported that the first season would be two cours, so it's getting a new OP and ED after the first 12 episodes.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
At the current pace they are going (about a chapter per episode) two cours would be pretty much perfect to have a place to "end" it, though I do of course hope they do more eventually.

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Overlord K posted:

I feel like there was some other manga I was reading where the guy had to date girls or they'd die (or he'd die?) but it was a more grim and now I can't recall the name of it cause it either stopped updating or got canceled...

Either way 100 girlfriends is surprisingly sincere about it, I'm curious to see how far out there the archetypes for the girls go.

Are you talking about Harem Royale: When the Game Ends? Bunch of girls get dragged into a death game by a demon and the one who gets to live is the one the guy picks.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
sounds like the demon is patriarchy!

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Kwyndig posted:

Well if the OP and ED are any indication we're getting two more girls this season but there's not a lot to go by for their personalities from the snippets we've seen. This series is actually making me excited for the manga, so I guess I'm reading that once the show ends.

Those are reasonably accurate because they sit at 5 for long enough to fill the first 12-13 episodes.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
Shy is another drop, the season is full of stuff and I honestly don't care about anyone in this series, be it the protagonists or the side characters( and I hate the generic children of the corn antagonists). I'll be keeping undead unlock as the main superhero action series for this season.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I wasn't warming to Shy either until it occurred to me that it feels like a magical girl character accidentally wandered into a Marvel-style superhero dimension and is struggling to adapt, and all the other superheroes keep going "No you're doing it wrong, you need to punch people in the head a lot more!" but she's determined to keep doing things her way
Looking at it from that angle it hits a bit differently

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Yeah, Shy is a magical girls show pretending to be a superhero show. I am actually pleasantly surprised by the adaptation, it obviously doesn't have a high budget, but it manages to do a lot with little.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

the director is still obsessed with overlaying panels and that's what's really important

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I've been enjoying Shy but I'm not just sitting there waiting for it to get to the shonen fireworks factory because they say the word "superhero" and I can't really blame people who somehow thought it'd be MHA.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Tales of Woe posted:

the director is still obsessed with overlaying panels and that's what's really important

:hmmyes:

It's dumb and fun!

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Tales of Woe posted:

yup

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
PSA: Just a reminder that you might be able to catch screenings of Suzume and Spirited Away in theaters over the next week.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
Wonder how much the license fee is for those screenings of very old titles.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Weirdly I enjoyed SLF more in english than the japanese. Voice acting hit me better.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

A Cup of Ramen posted:

Are you talking about Harem Royale: When the Game Ends? Bunch of girls get dragged into a death game by a demon and the one who gets to live is the one the guy picks.

Oh hey that was actually it, didn't think anybody would hone in on it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Pluto will be out tomorrow on Netflix, listed for eight hour-long episodes

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Really wish that Netflix would go to a weekly format because dumping everything at once just messes with discussion, imo.

There's advantages to dumping full seasons, sure, but at least for me it also leads to burnout trying to keep up with everything so I can talk to others about it.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I am so glad that high-minded people have agreed that, "actually, binging is degenerated behaviour." Been saying it from the start.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Putting everything up at once is great for stuff that has aired already but for new shows it's super dumb both cause you burn out quickly and it also doesn't give the show a chance to breathe and generate discussion. It just ends up being content for content mill

Also like it forces Netflix to make a lot of stuff. If they spread it out it wouldn't need to make so much

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I appreciate a batch release in the sense that I'm not getting bled for multiple months of a subscription just to watch like one thing. Not like Pluto or Good Night World have TV airings afaik, so it seems fine for Netflix to continue doing their thing in those cases.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

some of those shorter netflix OVAs are clearly movie projects that got chopped up into episodes (vampire in the garden, etc) so i'd rather get those all at once. agree that made-for-tv stuff is done disservice by batch releases though

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
How much longer did it take Vinland Saga S2 to finish on Netflix compared to Crunchyroll because of that batch release method?

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
urasawa's narratives are tailor-made for binging and being taken in holistically, plus it'll be a complete adaptation, so I approve of netflix scheduling this time around

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Vinland Saga on Netflix didn't do batch releases in English.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Kwyndig posted:

Vinland Saga on Netflix didn't do batch releases in English.

Why were they so much later than CR's release, then? Just curious, mind you, since I'm coming at this after the fact. I didnt watch while it was airing but I had noticed a lot of discussion about the S2 finale while Netflix was still putting out episodes.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Oct 25, 2023

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Assuming CR had first run rights on it

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
stardust telepath has to be a contender for the most (>_<) faces in an anime award

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its one thing to just drop an entire show at once, its another to drop like, a fourth of it, then 3 months later drop another fourth, etc. that shits just the worst of both worlds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Stone Ocean...