Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

It's a dogshit map yes. But not as dogshit as most randoms I get paired with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

No radio message today for the week 10 message triumph? Hmm.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Two more weeks of treats before we get savathun's final trick

There's a shader for BD today (Angel's Gleam) that was only available from the $Event Card upgrade last halloween. It is really something!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Maybe the real trick was the treats we ate along the way

Also, lmao, the Gundam Titan Ornament is loving hideous

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
More importantly, the lovely Canadian UFO ship is also up for dust

Also don't forget the ~700 free candy in the two trees in the Tower

haveblue fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Oct 24, 2023

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Is this new or have I just been totally oblivious?

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Mesadoram posted:

Is this new or have I just been totally oblivious?

It was added in one of the most recent seasons, but it's not that old.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Listerine posted:

It was added in one of the most recent seasons, but it's not that old.

:smith:

Well at least it is somewhat new :unsmith:.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

No radio message today for the week 10 message triumph? Hmm.
The last radio message typically becomes available on the last or second last week of the season.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
No radio until I get my god drat pet Ahamkara from Savathun

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

No radio until I get my god drat pet Ahamkara from Savathun

15th wish is return of dinklebot

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Holy poo poo there are some real potatoes going in this week's GM nightfall

Banner of War doesn't make you literally invincible everyone stop charging the ten thousand wizards and champions

PathAsc posted:

15th wish is return of dinklebot

We can only hope

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
This week is why I save all that bright dust, woo

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Is Warden's Law even any good, it won't drop in regular NFs and everyone fucks up the boss room on GM lol

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

RBA Starblade posted:

Is Warden's Law even any good, it won't drop in regular NFs and everyone fucks up the boss room on GM lol

I like it a lot and if you run Lucky Pants paired with a good roll like vorpal/fttc it will absolutely shred the poo poo out anything because of how fast you build damage stacks.

Halibut Barn
May 30, 2005

help

RBA Starblade posted:

Warden's Law will probably be next week, they changed the rotation for some reason so it's The Swarm this week. (Dunno if it's any good. The comments on light.gg like it, but you can find reviews there that make any gun sound like The Best Thing Ever...)

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Halibut Barn posted:

Warden's Law will probably be next week, they changed the rotation for some reason so it's The Swarm this week. (Dunno if it's any good. The comments on light.gg like it, but you can find reviews there that make any gun sound like The Best Thing Ever...)

I thought they changed it from the Swarm TO the Law?

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

I wish it just told you what gun it was on the vanguard activity selection screen. Even one adept swarm is more than I wanted

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

:chanpop:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Looks like sniper rifles are back on the menu boys :getin:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Roctavian posted:

I wish it just told you what gun it was on the vanguard activity selection screen. Even one adept swarm is more than I wanted

It takes so loving long to reload lol

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb
Exciting changes, and "one for thrall" hits a particular point of joy for me

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

The Swarm is just utter trash. It's got bad stats on a bad frame and a bad perk pool. It's only saved from the title of worst LMG in the game by Planck's Stride managing to be even worse.

If you really need an arc LMG Song of Ir Yut is right there and craftable. And if you don't raid then go to the moon and target farm A Fine Memorial which is still better than The Swarm.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol it is Swarm again I was lied to

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Collateral Damage posted:

The Swarm is just utter trash. It's got bad stats on a bad frame and a bad perk pool. It's only saved from the title of worst LMG in the game by Planck's Stride managing to be even worse.

If you really need an arc LMG Song of Ir Yut is right there and craftable. And if you don't raid then go to the moon and target farm A Fine Memorial which is still better than The Swarm.

Whoa whoa hey now. Planck's can at least get Grave Robber + Swashbuckler. Pair that with the origin trait and it's pretty fun for a close range heavy for a melee brawler build.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

I've been running thorn lately on the festival of light events and it's still a fun weapon. It's gonna get even better with that catalyst :swoon:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

A forty round thorn.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
That's as many as four tens!

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Collateral Damage posted:

i seriously don't understand why the swarm has to suck so loving bad

also planck's stride has a niche! an unfathomable one since you pretty much never want to be meleeing with a heavy weapon out, but it's still something. swarm just... exists. it's there, it's bad, there's no reason to use it.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I've been using it out of spite so far

Now I have two of them

Bobby Deluxe posted:

A forty round thorn.

A Thorty

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

:hmmyes:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I am mildly intrigued to see what Lucky Pants can do with a 40 round mag.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
What uh... what exactly were they going for with these Legend haunted lost sectors..

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

What uh... what exactly were they going for with these Legend haunted lost sectors..

You have elected the way of pain

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Engagement and time spent baybeeee

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
From what I can tell they exist to deeply annoy your fellow players as you seek finishers for the memento rather than doing the actual thing

Variety!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

fast cars loose anus posted:

From what I can tell they exist to deeply annoy your fellow players as you seek finishers for the memento rather than doing the actual thing

Variety!

They deserved it for shooting all the guys I tried to finish for the memento

Speaking of finishing things I just realized the Outbreak catalyst wants precision kills and that's why it's taking so loving long. Also lmao boy the nanites are really carrying me when I use that gun apparently

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I did one of them and said gently caress this poo poo. Even with a team it's not worth the hassle. I'll just stick to regular ones.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Eva showing up is generally your cue that it's okay to take a break until next season.

Unless it's Solstice and you need spiky armor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halibut Barn
May 30, 2005

help
Legend Haunted Sectors are another one of those things where sure, I can do them, but it adds enough frustration that I don't really enjoy it any more than the regular ones, but still leaves me with that uneasy feeling that I ought to be able to do better. I can watch streamers blast their way through them like they're nothing, which makes it clearer that there's this gulf in difference in skill between me and them, and I still don't know how they can throw themselves into packs of enemies without instantly dying, or how they can do ludicrous amounts of damage to kill the minibosses near-instantly, and so on. All the high-end 'meta' builds seem to be based around chaining very specific actions to be in very specific states at very specific times, and my old rear end just can't keep up with that.

But eh, I don't care about the rewards so much, and the base difficulty activities are still pretty fun, so whatever.