Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Wonder why they don’t try to do interviews with industry people? I’m sure they have enough clout to pull in some c listers at the very least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Invalid Validation posted:

Wonder why they don’t try to do interviews with industry people? I’m sure they have enough clout to pull in some c listers at the very least.

They did an interview with Gilbert Gottfried(RIPD) a thousand years ago that I remember being pretty funny

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

dorium posted:

I think I’m going to be requesting Sorcerer for the foreseeable future of Listener Request Month.

Yes I did just see it for the first time in theaters.

Fun fact: William Friedkin hated that movie.

Learned that from Joe Dante’s podcast, which everyone here should listen to.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

The Vosgian Beast posted:

They did an interview with Gilbert Gottfried(RIPD) a thousand years ago that I remember being pretty funny

They also interviewed Stephen Tobolowsky way back when, which was really interesting.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Angry_Ed posted:

They also interviewed Stephen Tobolowsky way back when, which was really interesting.

Tobo is fascinating to listen to about anything. His podcast, The Tobolowsky Files, ended back in 2021, but I highly recommend going back and listening to it if you haven't. It's a series of stories he tells of random poo poo that went down on movie sets he was on, or trips he took with his wife (often while in a different country shooting a movie), and I don't think there was a single bad episode. That man can tell a story.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Angry_Ed posted:

And I think both of the OG MST3K hosts.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

They should have gotten Eric Roberts on the show. He practically asked for an invite!

Commissar Canuck
Aug 5, 2008

They made fun of us! And it's Stanley Cup season!

dorium posted:

I think I’m going to be requesting Sorcerer for the foreseeable future of Listener Request Month.

Yes I did just see it for the first time in theaters.

I only saw it for the first time a couple of months ago and holy poo poo does that movie rule. Took my GF and a friend to Alamo to see it on the big screen and watch their reactions to the bridge scene out of the corner of my eye. Everyone should watch Sorcerer and go in as blind as possible.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
This conversation was way different before I realized I was confusing 1977's Wizards for 1977's Sorcerer in my head.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
"Dogsaw"

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Commissar Canuck posted:

I only saw it for the first time a couple of months ago and holy poo poo does that movie rule. Took my GF and a friend to Alamo to see it on the big screen and watch their reactions to the bridge scene out of the corner of my eye. Everyone should watch Sorcerer and go in as blind as possible.

ugh the bridge scene, the tree scene, that corner bridge scene. sweatin' bullets over here.

I also think they could have a bunch of material around Eric and Bruno Cremer

they should just remake the movie with the WHM gang, but turn it into a three stooges spoof.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

dorium posted:

ugh the bridge scene, the tree scene, that corner bridge scene. sweatin' bullets over here.

I also think they could have a bunch of material around Eric and Bruno Cremer

they should just remake the movie with the WHM gang, but turn it into a three stooges spoof.

Steve is somehow the ex-nazi who gets killed before they even set off, his ghost haunts them.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

GrandpaPants posted:

They should have gotten Eric Roberts on the show. He practically asked for an invite!

They'd bring him on the podcast, but he'd somehow miss them clearly stating the name of the show and spend half the interview making fun of them for not telling him the name

Commissar Canuck
Aug 5, 2008

They made fun of us! And it's Stanley Cup season!

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Steve is somehow the ex-nazi who gets killed before they even set off, his ghost haunts them.

Steve, following his plans if he ever found himself in a horror movie, would just kill himself once he found out what the job entailed.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Gyges posted:

This conversation was way different before I realized I was confusing 1977's Wizards for 1977's Sorcerer in my head.

Wizards rules too!

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I’d imagine at least half of why Sorcerer bombed is the name. Never should have been changed imo

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

I loving YELLED at the AD episode when I pressed play and the Korn version of the theme started up

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Soup du Jour posted:

I loving YELLED at the AD episode when I pressed play and the Korn version of the theme started up

I was very confused, because I haven't watched all that much South Park, so I had no idea what this episode was about.

I still welcomed it, though.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I always had a soft spot for that episode due to the scene where they parody the Scooby-Doo "This is how Old Man Withers faked the ghost" scene by having the "explanation" make no loving sense (like the ghost being created by a flashlight and cotton swabs). A lot of Scooby-Doo episodes to me had "explanations" that were just as nonsensical and plot hole ridden (the episode with the monster from the future comes to mind since they claimed the monster was a hologram except for key moments even though Scooby and Shaggy spend most of the episode clearly physically interacting with it).

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Maybe I misunderstood or misheard what he said, but did Chris make some comment like "the use of the term gay as a pejorative is commentary on the kids because they think they're cool but they're not"? I generally disagree with his opinions but not in a serious way, but that one really made me wonder what the hell he was talking about. South Park was casually homophobic in 1999 because all media until like mayyybe 10 years ago was casually homophobic. They weren't being subversive at all.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

He said that back then he initially THOUGHT the show was being subversive by having the kids use the word not knowing what it means but quickly realized that no, the show was just being homophobic like every other show at the time. He was lamenting the lost opportunity, more than anything.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Maybe I misunderstood or misheard what he said, but did Chris make some comment like "the use of the term gay as a pejorative is commentary on the kids because they think they're cool but they're not"? I generally disagree with his opinions but not in a serious way, but that one really made me wonder what the hell he was talking about. South Park was casually homophobic in 1999 because all media until like mayyybe 10 years ago was casually homophobic. They weren't being subversive at all.

I'm not totally sure what part you're talking about, but there was one part where someone said something like, "I thought they were making a commentary on using the word 'gay', because only the dumb characters said it, but then the main characters said it, too, so I guess not." But I haven't finished the episode, so you may be referring to something else.

e:f,b

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Cool, cool, thanks for the clarification.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

AceOfFlames posted:

I always had a soft spot for that episode due to the scene where they parody the Scooby-Doo "This is how Old Man Withers faked the ghost" scene by having the "explanation" make no loving sense (like the ghost being created by a flashlight and cotton swabs). A lot of Scooby-Doo episodes to me had "explanations" that were just as nonsensical and plot hole ridden (the episode with the monster from the future comes to mind since they claimed the monster was a hologram except for key moments even though Scooby and Shaggy spend most of the episode clearly physically interacting with it).

Would totally listen to your podcast pointing out how illogical Scoody Doo is.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

clown shoes posted:

Episode 32: Um actually The Harlem Globetrotters have never solved a mystery.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

clown shoes posted:

“But why would a groundskeeper haunt his own amusement park? That’s not how ownership or insurance claims work!”

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

thrawn527 posted:

“But why would a groundskeeper haunt his own amusement park? That’s not how ownership or insurance claims work!”

Well that takes care of about 75% of all episodes.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I laughed way too loving hard at the term "Holler Monster".

I have no idea why.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

A fun little side story across this episode and the last On-Screen is Andrew's opinion on the new Pet Sematary prequel.

On this episode he hasn't seen it yet and is excited to watch it, mostly for David Duchovny. In the on-screen he's already seen it, hates it, and bemoans the fact that Duchovny is only in it for like 6 minutes.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Putting the tweet down, and I don't know why Steve didn't check when he was on the IMDB Tribune to look up the other sequels, but the Monte Hellman-directed Silent Night, Deadly Night Chris was Silent Night, Deadly Night 3: You Better Watch Out!

And the ad Andrew was talking about (which was uploaded to YouTube fifteen years ago, but first aired in 2000 :corsair:):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JxhTnWrKYs

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

I literally just heard this part of the show, parked my car, opened my phone and was greeted by that youtube link. I'm kinda shook by the convergence tbh. Totally remember that commercial too!

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

We're not playing paddy cake here!
Soiled Meat

SilentChaz posted:

Putting the tweet down, and I don't know why Steve didn't check when he was on the IMDB Tribune to look up the other sequels, but the Monte Hellman-directed Silent Night, Deadly Night Chris was Silent Night, Deadly Night 3: You Better Watch Out!

And the ad Andrew was talking about (which was uploaded to YouTube fifteen years ago, but first aired in 2000 :corsair:):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JxhTnWrKYs

Crazy, I would have sworn on my life this was a 1-800-Collect commercial, not a Geico commercial. Getting old sucks.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Kneecaps posted:

Crazy, I would have sworn on my life this was a 1-800-Collect commercial, not a Geico commercial. Getting old sucks.

Holy poo poo I hadn’t clicked on the link when it was first posted because I thought I had perfect memory of it. But I absolute am right there with you, I would have put money on it actually being for collect calling.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
From The Purge episode:

Eric: Think about the zoo, Chris.
Chris: The zoo?
Eric: You and your freaks could descend upon that and start going through those animals.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
over half the the stuff they say they want out of a Purge movie are in the sequels

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I am a bit of a horror weenie in general, though I do like the occasional Resident Evil game, and I kind of want to watch Friday the 13th Final Chapter ahead of the live show. Is it a good watch?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Unlucky7 posted:

I am a bit of a horror weenie in general, though I do like the occasional Resident Evil game, and I kind of want to watch Friday the 13th Final Chapter ahead of the live show. Is it a good watch?

Those middle F13 movies aren't particularly gruesome due to MPAA interference. Most of the kills are played for laughs anyway.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

enigmahfc posted:

over half the the stuff they say they want out of a Purge movie are in the sequels

Is there any other horror series where everyone seems to agree the first one is the worst one? Usually the first one is considered the best, or at least, not a low point.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Unlucky7 posted:

I'm pretty biased here, but Final Chapter is one of the best of the series. I'd say it's worth a watch, at minimum so you can see the Crispin Glover dance scene.

Also to find out where the hell that corkscrew went.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Ftf4 is by far the best in the series. Great kills, actual actors, good Jason.