Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Soonmot posted:

/\/\/\Video is Private

Thanks, I fixed it. It was set to public, but somehow still had a "Draft" status.
Ah well. Not that it matters, but I found this particular checkpoint particularly annoying. We've all been there, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

unattended spaghetti posted:

Cool. This year has too many good games. But I'm glad things are being actively improved. Hopefully I can get in there and screw around before season 2 is over. Really glad they flinched on world and campaign progress. Wonder how long before we just get rifts again lmao.

Season ends mid January iirc so you've got time to gently caress around too, no stress.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Sorcerers suffered through launch and season 1 this is our moment.

This is about the fourth time I've heard this expressed among as many different social media platforms and it's very true.

Honey Im Homme
Sep 3, 2009

why is the process for upgrading vampire pacts so unnecessarily obnoxious

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Honey Im Homme posted:

why is the process for upgrading vampire pacts so unnecessarily obnoxious

Kinda encourages you to just play and every once in awhile dump xp. I don't find it that obnoxious tbh. I get not being able to just level what you want but theres worst ways they coulda padded this out (malignant drop rates)

Tokubetsu fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Oct 24, 2023

Valdent
Mar 16, 2016
Because everything ui related is absolutely garbage with this game unfortunately. Vamp powers have been pretty decent for filling in holes in builds better than hearts did but it still feels like there aren't enough transformational effects in the game to really let you go nuts with builds. Give us grim dawn mutators. Let me turn hydra into an ice melee pet that chases people around to latch on and radiate chill aura. Just more dumb gimmicks.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

the game is still a ux nightmare which is astonishing, while the seasonal content is fun it's an abysmal way to interact with it.

like spending down 500 potent blood sucks cause you have to spend it in 25 chunks and its slow, let me gamble spending 5xp at a time for 150 blood or w/e.

its also incredibly annoying because it's only 1xp at a time and the cost to upgrade completely means you need to do it so many times and each time for it to roll one of the 5 you want

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
I found that once you have your core skills to 3 you can just use a controller and mash A to spend. It’s not ideal but works.

Also debating using mouse macros to slam 1 on my keyboard to always keep Blood Howl on cooldown, like my d3 explosion sorceress had to do.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
If you don't already know, you can hit escape on the power select screen and it will put the point in what you last clicked. Makes it go a bit faster. But yes it's bad ux

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

flashman posted:

Yeah there has been a 180 on their design philosophy since the end of season 0 on this stuff, I guess the numbers really showed that people want to be strong and kill lots of dudes in their arpg, who knew

gonna do my part and flame anyone saying the game is too easy now

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Thank u for your service

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Oooh what’s this lil build?

Did they fix blizzard so it’s worth putting points in it or does all the damage still come from aspect spikes?

Blizzard as in the company, not the skill. Mentally insert a comma between sorc and blizzard

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

dyzzy posted:

Wait, including stuff like raiment? Geez

Also just noticed it has implicit lucky hit. Very spicy

Yeah I abandoned pure ice to play oculus + raiment + I'M BATS NOW and while it's not top tier, it is hilarious and I don't really die

Name Change fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Oct 24, 2023

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Oooh what’s this lil build?

Did they fix blizzard so it’s worth putting points in it or does all the damage still come from aspect spikes?

I'm only like 43 but enjoying my blizzard / ice spike build. I still need the blizzard aspects tho.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Apparently the expansion has been datamined a little. The Lord of Hatred, set in Kurast.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Apparently the expansion has been datamined a little. The Lord of Hatred, set in Kurast.

Diablo lore nerds, what does this imply for possible classes? I know the classes have some regional associations to them.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

That's the literal home of the Paladins in D2.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

gently caress yeah Durance of Hate

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe
this game is Good Now, and i am having a Good Time

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

ixo posted:

God I want that for my crone Druid so bad

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

euphronius posted:

gently caress yeah Durance of Hate

left is law

undead dolls will be in at launch

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

ixo posted:

Wait, so you never lose life, or you only lose life if you run out of resource?

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Wait, so you never lose life, or you only lose life if you run out of resource?

People who've tested Selig say damage goes to barrier then resource then life

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Tiny Timbs posted:

gonna do my part and flame anyone saying the game is too easy now

Godspeed

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Need that for my stand completely still and hold one button build. Would hopefully free up like 2 or 3 different survival aspect slots.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

makes sense there's ton of space at the bottom of the map currently thats just greyed out but is still apart of the map and lore maps had kurast near gea kul iirc

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

exquisite tea posted:

With some interesting implications; Kurast is a shithole that's still hosed from Mephisto's corruption in D2.

Is there a new order rising up? Someone coming in to clean up?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

bring the Pygmy maze back

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

When are they going to get to the Diablo factory <:mad:>

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

I did it. I opened the cow basement and acquired my bottle of condensed milk. Now for the next round of puzzle solving madness bullshit.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Tokubetsu posted:

Kinda encourages you to just play and every once in awhile dump xp. I don't find it that obnoxious tbh. I get not being able to just level what you want but theres worst ways they coulda padded this out (malignant drop rates)
That's not the issue, the issue is every time you want to upgrade you need to: click the Upgrade button, mouse over all the 3 Vamp Stamps to remember what they do, click your Vamp Stamp, click the Assign XP button, wait for the obnoxiously slow notification in the top right to animate, then click Close, repeat. Oh and also each button is on a different location on the screen so you need to carefully move your cursor each time. Takes about 5-8 seconds per upgrade, multiply that with 50-100 upgrades after two hours of doing vamp tides and it's the you-gonna-have-a-bad-time South Park meme. Even assigning skill and paragon points is a much more painless process than the vampstamp UI.

Compare that to the upgrading gear UI which is just click the button five times and shows me upfront all the stats and requirements so I can parse it all on 0.5s.

I would love the UI to just be one click per upgrade: Show the three Vamp Stamps, click the one you want to upgrade, let me do 3-4 per second. Also show me the description texts right away so I don't need to mouse over each of them.

Bisse fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Oct 25, 2023

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Yeah the click to close and go back in thing could definitely get annoying after a while.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

A toggle for "upgrade equipped" and "upgrade random" then it just spends all your potent blood, picking either equipped skills or whichever skill is already highlighted, since I'm just doing that but manually

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

exquisite tea posted:

gently caress yes

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Yet somehow, the Vamp Stamp Boost UI is still better than the Paragon Glyph upgrading experience.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
Can someone point me to an ubers guide of some kind? I have a bunch of materials from doing stuff but it's not explained well what I'm meant to do with them. I looked around maxroll but all I found was a lot table of what uniques they drop.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Martian Manfucker posted:

Can someone point me to an ubers guide of some kind? I have a bunch of materials from doing stuff but it's not explained well what I'm meant to do with them. I looked around maxroll but all I found was a lot table of what uniques they drop.

This explains what you need to summon them

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

the glyph menu has some shortcuts you can do to speed it up but the vampire menu i just had to plug a gamepad to quickly spam the buttons. never found any fast way to do it with mkb.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

just got a raiment unique, my first ever unique, kinda thinking I should try that ball lightning thing? it's only item power 700, I just got into wt3 and am only level 51

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

exquisite tea posted:

We'll get templar instead.

Not like it wasn't blatantly obvious who was up first by the ending.