Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Command had a lot of issues, but I do appreciate it going with a "CYOA Star Fox Fanfic" approach, as weird as it could be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I liked Command as an experimental thing and would have liked to have seen an improved iteration on better hardware but the Arwing's long since flown on that.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Mega64 posted:

Command had a lot of issues, but I do appreciate it going with a "CYOA Star Fox Fanfic" approach, as weird as it could be.

Oh yeah, I agree. I liked the branching story paths, and the weird "soap opera in space" plot, and especially the variety of playable characters! Double especially the playable ladies!

Then Zero walked all that back to boys club only. I was so disappointed. :(

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
At least Star Fox Zero was announced with Star Fox muppets, how awesome was that

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Starlink was really good and fun to play as Star Fox. I feel like the kind of game it was would be a good model for a real Star Fox game, if you removed some of the Ubisoftness from it and added a bunch of traditional levels that you reach in the open world (and are like instanced dungeons) and bosses.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

The Arwing toy for Starlink was dope.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://a.co/d/3sNce2a

$30 on Amazon

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I want to play Dave the Driver. Does it translate to console well?

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

obi_ant posted:

The demo seemed pretty good to me.

imo I liked the diving part, but not the restaurant management part.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

obi_ant posted:

I played it 100% on the Steam Deck and loved every second, so I imagine it would be great on the Switch.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVIMltxmBYo

October 27

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

:peanut:

Been waiting for this, it's one I haven't actually played before.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Used to play that with my family a ton, 3 was a favourite IIRC. We had em all though. Would be cool to get the gang together online again

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Would we get Smash 64? I really liked the single player content in that one.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

what single player content? every classic mode was identical and that's all there was. outside of board the platforms i guess

DavidCameronsPig
Jun 23, 2023

Mega64 posted:

I played through it once and it ended with ‘sorry Fox, your girlfriend is now banging someone else’ and it faded to credits and I went ‘huh’ and then lost my DS stylus and never played it again.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

An Actual Princess posted:

what single player content? every classic mode was identical and that's all there was. outside of board the platforms i guess

That’s it but I liked board the platforms/hit the targets. They were uniquely designed and it was fun at the time to beat your time. I wouldn’t mind revisiting them. Plus the actual gameplay is good too and it’d be neat to see some of the older stages that didn’t make it into Ultimate.

It’s not like it’s going to eat into the sales of Ultimate.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

when i think smash single player i think melee ... the events mode was extremely ftw

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

anyone getting the covert dock 2? Looks great, i love the first one but i'm worried nintendo will go against usb-c spec again for the 2 and it won't work ...

Mega64
May 23, 2008

DavidCameronsPig posted:

I played through it once and it ended with ‘sorry Fox, your girlfriend is now banging someone else’ and it faded to credits and I went ‘huh’ and then lost my DS stylus and never played it again.

For some dumb reason you have to get that one before you can unlock the others. There's some fun ones, like Falco starting his own Star Falco team, or Fox and Falco joining a knock-off F-Zero league.

Some of these pictures own too.

Mega64 fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Oct 25, 2023

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

An Actual Princess posted:

when i think smash single player i think melee ... the events mode was extremely ftw

Hard agree. Ultimate tried to replicate that but it felt a bit flat only because they didn’t write out the ludicrous scenario blurb.

But there’s 0 chance of Melee re-releasing so I’ll take 64 if there’s a chance it’ll happen.

Speaking of N64, I picked up my play-through of OoT that I started in summer of 22. I stopped at the fire temple having forgotten how to get the Biggoron Sword. I’ve since beaten the water temple and fire temple and I know I can get the sword since I’ve used it in the past to for the mini-boss fight in the Water Temple, but I have no memory where this drat chain starts. I’m going to have to talk to every NPC aren’t I? Even knowing a simple location will be sufficient, I know I can look it up but I clearly don’t want to.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

ya know, these loss memes are starting to get a bit confusing.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Hard agree. Ultimate tried to replicate that but it felt a bit flat only because they didn’t write out the ludicrous scenario blurb.

But there’s 0 chance of Melee re-releasing so I’ll take 64 if there’s a chance it’ll happen.

Speaking of N64, I picked up my play-through of OoT that I started in summer of 22. I stopped at the fire temple having forgotten how to get the Biggoron Sword. I’ve since beaten the water temple and fire temple and I know I can get the sword since I’ve used it in the past to for the mini-boss fight in the Water Temple, but I have no memory where this drat chain starts. I’m going to have to talk to every NPC aren’t I? Even knowing a simple location will be sufficient, I know I can look it up but I clearly don’t want to.

Iirc it starts in (general location only) Kakariko.

I THINK. It has been a hot minute since I played the game.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Holy christ-air, my skills for THPS 1+2 kept mostly up :toot:

These games still hold up amazingly well.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Mega64 posted:

For some dumb reason you have to get that one before you can unlock the others. There's some fun ones, like Falco starting his own Star Falco team, or Fox and Falco joining a knock-off F-Zero league.

Some of these pictures own too.

I like that seemingly no one went to Slippy's wedding except for Rob who is there to officiate the wedding.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1716930072509288638?t=8TpQCsWJMY9dqTEA5lNTgQ&s=19

There's a Cult of Lamb trial starting today, plus it's 40% off if you decide to buy it

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I've heard of it but never looked into it. What is it, it's an indie game so I assumed its some kind of Zelda metroidvania rogue like with farming elements

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I've heard of it but never looked into it. What is it, it's an indie game so I assumed its some kind of Zelda metroidvania rogue like with farming elements

I think it has all of those except Metroidvania

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

John Wick of Dogs posted:

It has lots of cartoon poop in it. Some people didn't like the poop management.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It’s Binding of Isaac with an Animal Crossing village management sim stapled on.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

American McGay posted:

It’s Binding of Isaac with an Animal Crossing village management sim stapled on.

It does a mediocre job at both elements, but it's presentation is pretty cool so it gets a tad more attention than it deserves.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
It's Hades, like it's obviously Hades. But way easier which imo is to it's detriment.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

I'm the elderly anthropomorphic amphibian with the ability to grow facial hair. I've decided that a fu manchu is a good look for me.

Also, chokers are very in right now.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Oh yeah Hades is a good comp. My brain defaulted to Isaac because I had just read a post about poop.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Waffle! posted:

The demo seemed pretty good to me.

imo I liked the diving part, but not the restaurant management part.

Ragequit posted:

I played it 100% on the Steam Deck and loved every second, so I imagine it would be great on the Switch.

Cool. I didn’t know there was a demo and tried it out. It was a bit slow through the loading screens, which was weird considering the game didn’t seem resource intensive. Might skip it and get it on the PC, unless reviews say otherwise.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Hey, I am currently potentially getting unlimited game vouchers :siren:

Ok, so! I'm in :canada: and on Friday of last week, I paid for two vouchers, as you do. I immediately used one for Super Mario Wonder.

(I don't know if this is relevant, but before buying Pikmin 4 as noted below, I used my gold coins to bring Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 down to $12 :shrug:)

Just now, I thought "welp, I want Pikmin, let's go." and redeemed the other voucher for Pikmin 4. It's downloading right now, and I got a confirmation email.

However, right after I purchased it through redeeming the voucher, a screen came up and asked what I wanted to do with the other voucher. I was thoroughly confused because by my count, my vouchers are done.

But I tried it and holy poo poo, I preordered the upcoming Princess Peach game :toot:

And then it asked me AGAIN to redeem my remaining ticket! I didn't, because I thoroughly believe that Nintendo is going to realize this weird bug and claw back either one or all of my games purchased via voucher and just make me re-redeem them, normally. Or just shut down my whole account or something. I don't want to tempt fate, especially with this harsh and litigious Japanese behemoth of a company.

But yeah, I... Might have a Nintendo account that's broken in my favour.

You should probably do it with games that are already out since they can just cancel preorders

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

bowmore posted:

You should probably do it with games that are already out since they can just cancel preorders

He didn’t get free vouchers he accidentally bought the pack twice and didn’t realize it so he had four vouchers.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Cartoon Man posted:

He didn’t get free vouchers he accidentally bought the pack twice and didn’t realize it so he had four vouchers.
:lol: love it, god speed silly goon

Mega64
May 23, 2008

One weird trick to gain infinite vouchers, your bank account HATES this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

bowmore posted:

:lol: love it, god speed silly goon

Mega64 posted:

One weird trick to gain infinite vouchers, your bank account HATES this!

I genuinely :lol:'d from these, thank you both.

I'm still waiting for the email from Nintendo...