Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

DrBouvenstein posted:

Why do some people idolize the fictional relationship of The Joker and Harley Quinn?

they are one of those two in their own relationship dynamic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

That's how my skin looks after a really heavy day of gi sparring at judo.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?

Scratch Monkey posted:

because they are empty husks of people and are desperate to find something meaningful that gives a sort of shape to their hollow lives?

CONSUME

CommonShore posted:

That's how my skin looks after a really heavy day of gi sparring at judo.

I was thinking leeches

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
It might be cool if it was actual kanji, like from a sumi-e poem or something, but yeah random red streaks down your whole body is :eek:

And no, changing them from dandelion seeds to flower petals doesn't make you any less of a basic white girl :rolleyes:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Seems inappropriate for a women since if you blow a man he will leave his seed everywhere.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Crab Dad posted:

Seems inappropriate for a women since if you blow a man he will leave his seed everywhere.

That's why they always get them on their backs :pervert:

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

That multicolored watercolor sploosh was definitely from a clown.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
The sploosh of a clown
When there’s no one around

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Takes No Damage posted:

It might be cool if it was actual kanji, like from a sumi-e poem or something, but yeah random red streaks down your whole body is :eek:

And no, changing them from dandelion seeds to flower petals doesn't make you any less of a basic white girl :rolleyes:

I havent seen one of these get done in about a year and a half, thankfully. You'd get yourself into a little bit of trouble when asking someone for their tattoo idea, listening to the big spiel and then turning around and shouting "ANYONE WANNA DO THE DAFFODIL TURNING INTO BIRDS TATTOO TODAY?"

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

I’m excuse me those are clearly dandelions which are small and fragile but can also soar and fly far just like me

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Shoehead posted:

I havent seen one of these get done in about a year and a half, thankfully. You'd get yourself into a little bit of trouble when asking someone for their tattoo idea, listening to the big spiel and then turning around and shouting "ANYONE WANNA DO THE DAFFODIL TURNING INTO BIRDS TATTOO TODAY?"

TBH I think I would quite like a tattoo of a daffodil turning into Big Bird. In like, a body horror kind of way.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Shoehead posted:

tbh i don't think these are really good tattoos for this thread. clearly some people here find them basic but like, there's lots of people this or that that's the same image. i mean id much rather see these than serial killer lady irl

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I don't think I've seen such an image become so common and so reviled at the same time, like people didn't get this sick of dreamcatchers (probably because they were massive tbh) or Dolphins or Taz. Despite it mutating a bit over time (we started to get feathers blowing bits of dandelions somehow, turning into birds for example) it was a pretty simple design, good practice for the apprentices imo, but even they got sick of it. Those are good examples of it though, in that post, there's gotta be way worse kicking about.

I just realised I said daffodils in my first post, oops

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Shoehead posted:

there's gotta be way worse kicking about.

yeah that’s what i meant like

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

mediaphage posted:

tbh i don't think these are really good tattoos for this thread. clearly some people here find them basic but like, there's lots of people this or that that's the same image. i mean id much rather see these than serial killer lady irl

:thunkin:

lol they 100% belong in this thread

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

idk most of the stuff that gets posted is either hosed up in design or hosed up in execution. those are just boring

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
All those tattoos will look like black nothing in a couple years lol they're trash

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

mediaphage posted:

idk most of the stuff that gets posted is either hosed up in design or hosed up in execution.

those tattoos are also very much this, op :confused:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Johnny Truant posted:

those tattoos are also very much this, op :confused:

ok i zoomed in and they're worse than i thought. i had mostly only looked at the second one which isn't really bad i don't think, just not distinctive

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Wu Tang? Nah, I don’t want to do that to them. What other symbol could that be?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

makes u thimk

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Ok I’ve tried 30 times to get this to post in line https://ibb.co/ChkwNCT

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Try harder

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Still not loading here champ, maybe try a less sucky image host?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS posted:

is ur iphone set to save images in HEIC instead of jpegs? if so, a lot of image hosts will tell you you've uploaded a jpeg but it wont display anything

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

For imgbb you have to pick the bbcode option after you upload it

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

This is the new "dandelion turning into birds/feathers/wishes" that I have seen around

https://www.the-sun.com/lifestyle/4838476/butterfly-tattoo-fail-want-cover-up/

it's kind of hilarious to me that there is an article about this because I saw someone else complaining about almost the same tattoo on social medias - their complaint was the artist just used the same clip art butterfly like 4 times lol

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
I haven’t seen the butterfly trails yet but definitely more than a few dandelions, but I don’t get out to events and that much now.

The other one I feel could fit into basic tattoo starter is the star behind the the ear. Everything from a basic five-pointed outline to more intricate, multiple star designs.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
My mom-in-law is determined to get the dandelion thing as her first tattoo (she is, in fact, a basic white woman). All I can do is beg her to at least not do it in a watercolor or wispy style. :doh:

It's not the worst idea for a tattoo, I like the aesthetic of dandelions! But she's acting like it's this profound-rear end thing... :sigh:

DRINK ME posted:

The other one I feel could fit into basic tattoo starter is the star behind the the ear. Everything from a basic five-pointed outline to more intricate, multiple star designs.

I've always been curious how much (or little) behind the ear hurts.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

DRINK ME posted:

I haven’t seen the butterfly trails yet but definitely more than a few dandelions, but I don’t get out to events and that much now.

i see the multiple stars more than a single star

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

mediaphage posted:

yeah that’s what i meant like

Dandelion seeds turning into crosses/crucifixes and drones

quote:

And of course, Contra power ups and cartoon birds. ED: Didn't even notice the spelling error on we're here 1st time.

HungryMedusa posted:

This is the new "dandelion turning into birds/feathers/wishes" that I have seen around

https://www.the-sun.com/lifestyle/4838476/butterfly-tattoo-fail-want-cover-up/

it's kind of hilarious to me that there is an article about this because I saw someone else complaining about almost the same tattoo on social medias - their complaint was the artist just used the same clip art butterfly like 4 times lol

This is something I absolutely cannot understand. I don't have any tattoos yet, but part of the process as I understand it is you sit and talk with an artist (assuming you don't go to a kitchen scratcher), you agree on a design, and then they draw it. Then, after that, they put the design on transfer paper, and put it on you so you can agree on orientation and placement and spelling and all of that. And you do that before you put inky needle to skin, because that's when poo poo gets permanent. According to the article, it looked good as a stencil, but the end product was "rushed". I'm sorry, but this is on your arm, in a place where your eyes can easily look down and see what is happening. And you let it happen. 3 times. I refuse to believe that at no point did the artist stop and say "How's that look", unless the response was "Just hurry up and get it the gently caress done".

And I know it's The Sun, but "Local Idiot Instantly Regrets lovely Tattoo" is not a news story. On the plus side, they don't name and shame the shop, so it was probably a friend with a gun.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

CzarChasm posted:

And of course, Contra power ups and cartoon birds.

:lmao:

I can't unsee now.

:lmao:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

lol i also thought about contra when i saw that

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/wDA9CBf.mp4

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Pro move would be to add a red squiggly line underneath "Everthing's"

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

CzarChasm posted:

Dandelion seeds turning into crosses/crucifixes and drones

And of course, Contra power ups and cartoon birds. ED: Didn't even notice the spelling error on we're here 1st time.

This is something I absolutely cannot understand. I don't have any tattoos yet, but part of the process as I understand it is you sit and talk with an artist (assuming you don't go to a kitchen scratcher), you agree on a design, and then they draw it. Then, after that, they put the design on transfer paper, and put it on you so you can agree on orientation and placement and spelling and all of that. And you do that before you put inky needle to skin, because that's when poo poo gets permanent. According to the article, it looked good as a stencil, but the end product was "rushed". I'm sorry, but this is on your arm, in a place where your eyes can easily look down and see what is happening. And you let it happen. 3 times. I refuse to believe that at no point did the artist stop and say "How's that look", unless the response was "Just hurry up and get it the gently caress done".

And I know it's The Sun, but "Local Idiot Instantly Regrets lovely Tattoo" is not a news story. On the plus side, they don't name and shame the shop, so it was probably a friend with a gun.

I think a lot of people are afraid once the tattooer starts going to say anything, especially first timers.

Also the person's "I did a bunch of research and picked this tattoo artist" looks to mean "I went into three shops and this was the cheapest"

I wish when people did their research on tattoos they would only ask the good tattoo thread; there are some good success stories in there

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

History Comes Inside! posted:

For imgbb you have to pick the bbcode option after you upload it

Yeah I did this, it’s what worked before, but this time it was displaying blank space in the post preview. Maybe it would’ve worked anyway if I just posted but…

I may have to check the file type - the hosts usually successfully grab the image but getting it to show here has gone from difficult to :confused:

2-3 steps is a lot of work for internet comedy.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Yeah I did this, it’s what worked before, but this time it was displaying blank space in the post preview. Maybe it would’ve worked anyway if I just posted but…

I may have to check the file type - the hosts usually successfully grab the image but getting it to show here has gone from difficult to :confused:

2-3 steps is a lot of work for internet comedy.

i think it might have been the host. i couldn't get the picture to display by going to the site at all earlier and now it loads fine when i go there

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Read After Burning posted:

I've always been curious how much (or little) behind the ear hurts.

It hurt way less than I expected. It made my teeth rattle and my eyes vibrate but I think that's because we used a regular rotary machine and not a nice yummy digital one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

PYF Tasteless Tattoos: Contra power ups and cartoon birds