Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

hawowanlawow posted:

undead dolls will be in at launch

Pls no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

pretty lame that the exsanguinated version of the battle pass focus is sorc only

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

mcbexx posted:

I think I found the worst checkpoint placement in the game.
Just ... :wow:. Incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW8LKUb4izc

this is my experience 90% of the time :suicide:

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
playing blood lance necro for season lore reasons

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
ripd to a bad lag spike that wasn’t bad enough to use my scroll of teleport automatically i guess. only in my 30s since i haven’t got to play much, ironic now that the extra protections are in place is when i lose my first guy so early

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
I'm so glad they changed the resistance system. I was getting my rear end kicked by the T4 capstone boss so I just filled my jewelry up with rubies and he became absolutely trivial.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION
I have to admit I really like the season so far. Yeah there are some really dumb UX choices but the whole game is kinda like that, it's obvious they all play on console. I've been genuinely enjoying levelling my sorc, it's really fun and I'm glad that they say they're not going to nerf it, if still skeptical.

Still wish itemization was better, and will be interesting to see if the game can keep my attention through to 70 and beyond, it was around 70 that I dropped the game in S0 and even earlier than that in S1. I think the NMD/glyph thing is going to still make that part of the game a slog but we'll see.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Cant wait to find all altars and do helltides and vamp tides so i can get stats and blood and souls so i can get levels and items so i can salvage them for materials so i can upgrade my gear so i can farm nmds so i can upgrade my paragon glyphs so i can respec my build so i can farm uniques faster so i can reach WT4 so i can get ancestrals so i can farm uber bosses faster so i can get unique ancestrals so i can do lvl60 nmds so i can upgrade my glyphs faster so i can

Bisse fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Oct 25, 2023

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Bisse posted:

Cant wait to do helltides and vamp tides so i can get blood and souls so i can get levels and items so i can salvage them for materials so i can upgrade my gear so i can farm nmds so i can upgrade my paragon glyphs so i can respec my build so i can farm uniques faster so i can reach WT4 so i can get ancestrals so i can

Yes, that is literally every ARPG. The only difference among them is how quickly the veneer wears off.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

I’m enjoying it though (so far, still have other worthwhile things to do than nmds)

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
I farm gear
So I can get stronger
So I can kill more
So I can farm more gear

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Killed duriel first try and got some cool pants. At one point I was down to 0 potions...the rest of the new bosses have been trivial. I've never tried Lilith but may have to give it a shot at some point.

NMDs and items need fixing but otherwise I'm having fun. There's a good rotation with the blood harvest, helltides, and world bosses and legion events now that the cool down is shorter. Then farm the ubers with the mats from the stuff you just did.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I feel like it’s more difficult to keep vamp powers up while leveling compared to the malignant stuff due to changing gear so often. I felt a lot more powerful throughout last season because of this. Maybe this will smooth out when I finish the season journey stuff and can concentrate on vamp tides. Only level 30 currently.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Diablo IV SEASON 2: Killed hell, got some pants

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Kaddish posted:

I feel like it’s more difficult to keep vamp powers up while leveling compared to the malignant stuff due to changing gear so often. I felt a lot more powerful throughout last season because of this. Maybe this will smooth out when I finish the season journey stuff and can concentrate on vamp tides. Only level 30 currently.

Blood Harvests are one of the fastest ways to level and will shower you with the items you need to add and remove pacts on gear. Unless there's a specific codex aspect you're trying to unlock, the season journey can be ignored until you run out of other stuff to do, as most of it just happens by playing the game

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Tarnop posted:

Blood Harvests are one of the fastest ways to level and will shower you with the items you need to add and remove pacts on gear. Unless there's a specific codex aspect you're trying to unlock, the season journey can be ignored until you run out of other stuff to do, as most of it just happens by playing the game

I meant just the quest chain. Aren’t there some powers only obtainable via that?

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Oh right yeah, it's worth blasting through the quest chain to get the powers. Metamorphosis and accursed touch are both good

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Kaddish posted:

I meant just the quest chain. Aren’t there some powers only obtainable via that?

Yes

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
I'd never thought I'd say this is in an ARPG lootermans game but I just had 11 consecutive blood harvests thanks to random players constantly showing up and starting the event that there was so much stuff everywhere that I filled 4 tabs full of rare/legendary/unique ancestral gear, and it got to the point where I had to dip out on the 12th one because it's just too much stuff to deal with. I experienced dopamine overload and walked out of it with a sense of extreme apathy. Then I found a few loving awesome upgrades to my arc lash ball-tingling sorc and the dopamine returned, but still, it's actually kinda stupid how much stuff drops, and that I can't filter out the 98% chaff with bad stats that I barely want to salvage, let alone pick up.

edit: and none of them were flickerstep so really I could have just trashed everything and nothing would have changed materially for this build, hell I've solo'd 2 WT4 world bosses myself now with poo poo-rear end gear at 3.5k attack power because BL sorc is just that dumb. Pls don't nerf blizzactivisionsoft

nightwisher fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Oct 25, 2023

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I've not had luck with randoms much. I always try to invite people standing around the uber bosses thinking we would do 1 for 1 but I had a guy leave my party after I paid for the first event.:v:

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Teleport is kind of a bummer with controller, isn't it?

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Spent 40 minutes in a helltide, couldn't even get 300 shards despite nuking screens the entire time, did the events that are supposed to give good shards, didn't die, wasted my time entirely. Is that what season 0/1 was like or some poo poo? I did a helltide earlier today and opened both 300-shard boxes and the 250-shard box with over a hundred spare afterwards. I really hope it's just me that's at fault because that was a tremendous waste of time. Lol the area didn't even have the reddish tint, maybe it was my fault somehow???

nightwisher fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Oct 25, 2023

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

I pretty much got all the mysterious chests open on every helltide if I managed to not die in S0 and S1 both

If you re having trouble opening big chests in S2 its a S2 problem

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I think I saw a Reddit post that certain helltides may be bugged.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

nightwisher posted:

Spent 40 minutes in a helltide, couldn't even get 300 shards despite nuking screens the entire time, did the events that are supposed to give good shards, didn't die, wasted my time entirely. Is that was season 0/1 was like? I did a helltide earlier today and opened both 300-shard boxes and the 250-shard box with over a hundred spare afterwards. I really hope it's just me that's at fault because that was a tremendous waste of time. Lol the area didn't even have the reddish tint, maybe it was my fault somehow???

This was my exact experience last night but the day before I was swimming in shards. Did they shadow nerf the drop rates? Super annoying because Uber material is gated in there.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

last night I got to 150 with 20 mins left in the helltide, died, and got back up over 300 before it ended.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Yeah it's really weird because the last one I did showered me with shards to the point I had time left to open random 75-point chests after the good ones were done, but this one was basically barren of drops. Maybe it was bugged, because like I said, the area didn't have the usual hellish theme to it, but the enemies did drop the shards on occasion. I relogged a few times at the start and nothing changed visual-wise so I figured it was just some client-side jank. Kinda frustrating since I burned all my mats doing enchants and have some nice new items I wanted to improve, oh well hopefully the next one is better. It was the north-western area of Scosglen if that matters.

edit: https://www.reddit.com/r/diablo4/co...open-2351731%2F well that might explain my experience just now, though i tried leaving and re-entering the zone and then relogging a few times and it didn't fix the issue.

nightwisher fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Oct 25, 2023

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Reddit says Helltides are sometimes bugged and don’t give the appropriate number of shards. Porting out and back in might help, apparently.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
at this point i would assume incompetence/error over maliciousness like stealth nerfing

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

My man you yourself said the zone was bugged

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

euphronius posted:

My man you yourself said the zone was bugged

The environment visuals were bugged, but it was spawning the helltide mobs so I just figured it was a visual glitch. Please don't go to bat for blizz making dumb bugs, they couldn't even make a video with basic elementary-school maths being correct.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I switched to arc lash/charged bolts since I don't really have anything yet to support chain/ball lightning and it's pretty dang fun!

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Kaddish posted:

I switched to arc lash/charged bolts since I don't really have anything yet to support chain/ball lightning and it's pretty dang fun!

Are you using any of the charged bolt aspects or the Staff of Lam Esem? I've got a near-perfect rolled version of it and the aspect too but haven't bothered to try it yet.

Sorbus
Apr 1, 2010
Has there been any talk of loadouts coming to d4? I have gear for both firewall and bl sorcs but don’t want to juggle armor and paragon points around.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

gently caress goddamnit why couldn't it have been on a higher item power base :(

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
:<
I had so much fun until I hit t3, NMD are really terrible, they take too long and aren’t worth it other than grinding exp and it’s awful. I wish they would just remove the dungeons and redo them all.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Kaddish posted:

I think I saw a Reddit post that certain helltides may be bugged.

Wouldn't be surprising, I did one or two and got a good amount of cinders.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

The silent chests you need for season chapter 3 - are the maps online up to date? Tried looking some up and travelling to those spots but couldn't find any. Do they randomly spawn around that area, do they spawn at certain times of day, is there something I have to do to get them to spawn or are the maps just out of date?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
What's wrong with NMD? It's the only content where stuff has enough HP to make the combat satisfying. It's way better than any open world content at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I don't think you "have" to do NMD in tier 3 at all.