Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

bamhand posted:

What's wrong with NMD? It's the only content where stuff has enough HP to make the combat satisfying. It's way better than any open world content at least.

It's fine but it's very repetitive and feels like it's limited to a small pool of dungeons instead of the entire gamut. I am likely wrong on this, but I don't get much variety from my sigils. It feels like the same 7 or 8 over and over.
The rift system in D3 was good and the game needs something closer to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

bamhand posted:

What's wrong with NMD? It's the only content where stuff has enough HP to make the combat satisfying. It's way better than any open world content at least.
It's not that there's anything wrong with them; its more that once you get glyphs, it feels like it is the only way to meaningfully progress your character, especially with the effect certain glyphs can have, eg the druid one that (now it's upgraded to level 15) gives me 70% extra damage in werebear form.

You can only get glyph xp from NMDs, you can only get gear above a certain ilevel from NMDs, hence the endgame eventually becomes just running them over and over until you start to hate the game, or more specifically feeling like you 'have' to run NMDs when in theory there is plenty of variety in the game.

It's just a weird and annoying design choice.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I guess for me it's the only content where the game play feels satisfying. In open world stuff everything dies before I even get a chance to hit them. And it's also equally as repetitive. Like running Helltide is my absolute least favorite activity. I guess overall the end game is still kind of shallow. But slightly better than last season I guess?

I feel monster damage is tuned too high and HP too low for this game. I would like longer fights without constantly getting one shot. Not quite looking to get to D3 levels of HP sponges but somewhere further on the spectrum would be nice.

bamhand fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Oct 25, 2023

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

One of my biggest complains right now is how many things are not in alphabetical order. Like when I'm looking through my codex of power, why isn't that in alphabetical order? I have to mouse over each thing.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

bamhand posted:

I guess for me it's the only content where the game play feels satisfying. In open world stuff everything dies before I even get a chance to hit them. And it's also equally as repetitive. Like running Helltide is my absolute least favorite activity. I guess overall the end game is still kind of shallow. But slightly better than last season I guess?

I feel monster damage is tuned too high and HP too low for this game. I would like longer fights without constantly getting one shot. Not quite looking to get to D3 levels of HP sponges but somewhere further on the spectrum would be nice.

switch some affixes on your gear from offense to defense

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

There’s so much drat loot in bloodtides or whatever they’re called. I kill stuff for 5 mins, and will have a full inventory of mostly yellows and have to sort through it all for 10 mins back in town.

As for jewels, can you not upgrade them anymore? When I have a new jewel tier available, do I have to crush what i have into shards to make the higher ones?

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
I think I've gone through the bulk of my gameplay this season, but unlike the previous seasons, I'm pretty sure I'll hop back on periodically to do a bit more green helltide and to spend the remaining fun tickets I've banked up before realizing all the content is trivial. I pretty much ignored nmd entirely, and glad I did. I was having fun throughout the vast majority of my play, and just chose not to do the stuff that I found unfun. Overall a big W for the future of the game, but it's still in a tentative state. I'm about 45-50 hours in, and expect another 10-15 before bowing out for the next season (unless an uber unique drops lol)

the good:
uber bosses, namely duriel, offers a real reason to engage in a variety of content
the seasonal content was consistently fun and kept me engaged the entire time I was there. it was very hard to tear myself away to do anything else
many of the new uniques had me interested in future character builds
helltides have a new chest that just drops crafting materials.
no more bullshit offscreen deaths
I was having fun throughout the vast majority of my play, mostly because they offered a variety of content to do.
the endgame keys are all tradable. gold might finally mean something if they add another thing worth money that you can trade.
adding a full whisper turn in to the seasonal content made sure that I was coming back in the lategame. 6 or so minutes for a full turn in
mod density went up across the board. a+ change, please make the density for season 2 content just the density elsewhere.

the mixed:
itemization is a bit more interesting, but really only in a way where you can't use the same exact gear set for two different classes anymore. you get to "make" your own damage buckets, but it's extremely shallow, much like the items themselves. that said, fitting uniques into your build is much more reasonable to do.

the added content is not challenging outside of trying to tank a vampyric totem's entire duration. Getting to the uber bosses and just instantly crushing them with no risk. lileth remains challenging if you're not playing a bugged out build I guess.
they claimed

the autosalvage feature was a nice addition, but for whatever reason, it doesn't include blues or whites. why would I ever want to see those after the first 15 minutes of the season? I would like an item power slider instead of just getting rid of everything in previous tiers. perk filtering would be a nice addition, but I don't expect that for a bit, given the struggles they've had adding features to the stash.

the bad:
still no loot filter nor eta for one. I'm guessing that we'll hear about it in a blizzcon panel, and it'll probably be close to what I described with the autosalvage feature.

world bosses dropped 925 weapons, regardless of your level. I had 925 weapons at level 57, but had to wait until 60 to equip them lmao. on top of that, they just added like 3x the health it used to have and doubled the damage or something, but mechanically they're still very hard to die to if your eyes are open.

the promotional & campfire slide content for season 2. devs saying one thing while on the slide it says a second thing, and then a third in a tweet, all about the same thing! follow that up with that hilariously awful seasontl trailer, had me not even interested in giving it a shot. blizzard is like an onion of incompetency, and I'm sure they have people actually greenlight these videos, which can only mean some combination of they can't do basic math, they don't actually review the content before greenlighting it, or they simply don't play the game to see what was wrong with some of it. everything feels so phoned in all the time.

4 clicks for 1 xp in vampyric power. clearly, nobody bothered trying to level their runes in qa because that poo poo was abysmal. why is there no xp slider? why does it take 4 clicks per xp? I ended up just leveling the two I cared most about and then click escaping everything to max. this was the only time I felt frustrated playing this season, which says a lot in comparison to the previous seasons. also, in the first patch, you could level your runes past level 3 for some reason lol

the events were mostly buffed, but was still skipping them all, especially in nmd, because the bar for mob density is much higher with the seasonal content and buffed dungeons. most of the new events were just worst versions of existing ones, because ?????
compounded with above, I didn't get many obols, but that didn't really matter since it was constantly raining gear everywhere I went. obols already need a rework, they shouldn't be giving you lower tier gear, or alternatively, should always be legendaries with the chance at uniques.
nmd glyph xp doesn't fit in with the current loop of the game. they need to straight up double the glyph xp or half the xp required, just to cut down on the minimum number you have to run.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I like a good dungeon grind but NMDs actively inhibit that flow state with the static layouts, backtracking objectives and those awful “kill all” rooms. They should be fun but have zero flavor.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

bamhand posted:

Running the same 8-10 dungeons over and over and having to choose between some really annoying (not difficult) affixes wears real thin after like 5 of them.

Oh you want to take a piss? Sorry, this red artichoke is chasing you around for all of eternity and will kill you if you stop for more than 3 seconds.
You have a new level skill point to use? Sorry, get in the dome or you’ll get 1-shot with lightning.

Like they aren’t difficult, some of them are just really loving annoying and having to constantly mulch NMD tokens with lovely affixes sucks.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Sorbus posted:

Has there been any talk of loadouts coming to d4? I have gear for both firewall and bl sorcs but don’t want to juggle armor and paragon points around.

Yes, per Joe Shely in the recent campfire stream(I don't have a time stamp but it was in the q&a section)

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

It's fine but it's very repetitive and feels like it's limited to a small pool of dungeons instead of the entire gamut. I am likely wrong on this, but I don't get much variety from my sigils. It feels like the same 7 or 8 over and over.
The rift system in D3 was good and the game needs something closer to that.

Even if it was the entire gamut there's like 12 tile sets

5er
Jun 1, 2000

The Little Kielbasa posted:

I farm gear
So I can get stronger
So I can kill more
So I can farm more gear

The year is 1997...

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Anyone know what the patch was for?

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Does the blood you get ever scale up? It's pretty anemic (badumtish) in WT1 and doesn't really seem to improve in WT3.

exquisite tea posted:

I like a good dungeon grind but NMDs actively inhibit that flow state with the static layouts, backtracking objectives and those awful “kill all” rooms. They should be fun but have zero flavor.

Look at this baby who wants fun in their game.

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
:<
Now I’m just venting but the fact you have to get objectives to open doors in dungeons and they don’t show up until you are wayyy too close drives me up the wall as I can’t find the last devil’s scrotum to open the door of demonic butts. And it’s hidden on the corner of the map with no marker.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

Kaddish posted:

I feel like it’s more difficult to keep vamp powers up while leveling compared to the malignant stuff due to changing gear so often. I felt a lot more powerful throughout last season because of this. Maybe this will smooth out when I finish the season journey stuff and can concentrate on vamp tides. Only level 30 currently.

If you are doing blood harvests, you should be drowning in those materials. If you are saving them for whatever reason, that's on you

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Mailer posted:

Does the blood you get ever scale up? It's pretty anemic (badumtish) in WT1 and doesn't really seem to improve in WT3.

Do the council stuff a few times with other nerds and you'll drown in blood.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Mayveena posted:

Anyone know what the patch was for?

Maybe they fixed the duping?

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Ehud posted:

Maybe they fixed the duping?

Probably because no post on X from @Diablo

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Zeg posted:

If you are doing blood harvests, you should be drowning in those materials. If you are saving them for whatever reason, that's on you

Yeah, now that I've finished the season quest and I'm hanging out in blood tides, it's not an issue.

What's the best way to get blood lures? Sometimes it seems like they barely drop.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Kaddish posted:

Yeah, now that I've finished the season quest and I'm hanging out in blood tides, it's not an issue.

What's the best way to get blood lures? Sometimes it seems like they barely drop.

Lures are probably the real grind. Elites onward drop them pretty consistently and I spend a lot of time specifically riding around trying to get them to show up.

For anyone else wanting the iron maiden, chalice, and skull, the boxes are the way to go. Do not hold on to your keys.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
It's kind of wild how easy they made it to change the little symbols on the gear. When I first saw that system I got worried but now I've got huge stacks of the little symbols and cleaner.

Not that I'm complaining! Just weird to put that in then make it barely a restriction at all.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Make sure you grab herbs and ore veins in blood harvest. You can do it from your horse and it has a pretty high chance to spawn a big group of vampires

Kaysette posted:

It's kind of wild how easy they made it to change the little symbols on the gear. When I first saw that system I got worried but now I've got huge stacks of the little symbols and cleaner.

Not that I'm complaining! Just weird to put that in then make it barely a restriction at all.

I guess they want to make it so you don't just have a set of powers for packs and a set for bosses that you could switch between in a few seconds. Although that's the kind of philosophy that they seem to be leaving behind

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Zeg posted:

For anyone else wanting the iron maiden, chalice, and skull, the boxes are the way to go. Do not hold on to your keys.
Hold out on your keys? Is there anything else you can do with them other than open vampire coffins for loot? I have ~20 of them and cant spend them faster than I am picking them up (I'm only level 57 or something).

Tarnop posted:

Make sure you grab herbs and ore veins in blood harvest. You can do it from your horse and it has a pretty high chance to spawn a big group of vampires
I have more Blightshade and Howler Moss than I will ever use but I cannot find Bitterbite or Gallowvine to save my life.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Oct 25, 2023

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I have more Blightshade and Howler Moss than I will ever use but I cannot find Bitterbite or Gallowvine to save my life.

Same, but I've learned (and this was new to me, although no idea if it was new this season) that you can convert other herbs into Bitterbite or Gallowvine at the Alchemist. I haven't bothered any of those two in order to upgrade my health potion, since I'm swimming in Blightshade and Howler Moss and conversion is readily available right where I'm trying to upgrade.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

McCoy Pauley posted:

Same, but I've learned (and this was new to me, although no idea if it was new this season) that you can convert other herbs into Bitterbite or Gallowvine at the Alchemist. I haven't bothered any of those two in order to upgrade my health potion, since I'm swimming in Blightshade and Howler Moss and conversion is readily available right where I'm trying to upgrade.

It's been there since launch!

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Hold out on your keys? Is there anything else you can do with them other than open vampire coffins for loot? I have ~20 of them and cant spend them faster than I am picking them up (I'm only level 57 or something).

Zeg posted:

Lures are probably the real grind. Elites onward drop them pretty consistently and I spend a lot of time specifically riding around trying to get them to show up.

I never said anything about holding on to them, friend. I'm encouraging others to spend them!

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Have a fat stash of keys for when you hit wt4 is wise. Like 10-20 though but only when you first get there. Else smash all boxes open.

I don't think gallowvine grows where vampires do so that's why. Bitterbite does in like one vampire zone I think? Vamp zones just too good to leave.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

McCoy Pauley posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I've started TPing to Margrave and doing a quick run on my horse around wilderness outside the town to grab some, because there is a decent number of those plants there.

I looked at converting the alchemical ingredients at the Alchemist, but I was not sure which direction it went (it was not very clear to me based on the UI). I was worried I was going to convery my limited number of gallowvine into more Blightshade or whatever.

edit:This reminds me that I find it odd that there is no Vampiretide in any Fractured Peaks or Kejhistan.

Zeg posted:

I never said anything about holding on to them, friend. I'm encouraging others to spend them!
Oh yeah I got that, I was more trying to double check that there is not another thing to spend them on because I have so drat many. Because the game is god-loving-awful at telling me what to do with this poo poo. Like... I have a whole bunch of limbs, bones, and heads in my inventory now but no clue what to do with them.

Mustached Demon posted:

Have a fat stash of keys for when you hit wt4 is wise. Like 10-20 though but only when you first get there. Else smash all boxes open.

I don't think gallowvine grows where vampires do so that's why. Bitterbite does in like one vampire zone I think? Vamp zones just too good to leave.
At this rate I'll have a good 30 or 40 saved, and not by choice! Agreed that the Vamp zones are just too good to leave.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Oct 25, 2023

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Another change worth mentioning with the blood zones is all the Whisper quests and how often you’re filling those up. At early levels the XP is considerable and I haven’t really been paying too much attention but I guess the gold is really good too. I’m like level 70 and haven’t bothered selling anything and I’ve got almost 100m gold.

Now if only there were a more reliable way of getting forgotten souls than doing Helltides. I feel like that’s gonna be the big annoying bottleneck when I wanna start rerolling gear.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Oh yeah you will need forgotten souls

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

American McGay posted:

Another change worth mentioning with the blood zones is all the Whisper quests and how often you’re filling those up. At early levels the XP is considerable and I haven’t really been paying too much attention but I guess the gold is really good too. I’m like level 70 and haven’t bothered selling anything and I’ve got almost 100m gold.

Now if only there were a more reliable way of getting forgotten souls than doing Helltides. I feel like that’s gonna be the big annoying bottleneck when I wanna start rerolling gear.
Yeah Helltides suck now compared to Vamptides.

Anyone know what the best way to get Forgotten Souls from Helltides is?

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001
the living steel chests in a helltide seem to drop more forgotten souls than the others, so I've been targeting those

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

yeah they just need to make helltide zones always have whispers

also just go ahead and let us accept more whispers without having to go back to the tree and turn in - it's pointless

having to choose between three random vamp powers to upgrade instead of just picking one is pointless too

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

I have a whole bunch of limbs, bones, and heads in my inventory now but no clue what to do with them.

At this rate I'll have a good 30 or 40 saved, and not by choice! Agreed that the Vamp zones are just too good to leave.

Ah, I apologize, I misunderstood. You build a boss with all those pieces! Varshan, I think. He's in the tree hole by the Whispers tree.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

It seems like all the guides I found for a blood surge necro doesn’t use any uniques? Looks like I’m done with the season at level 75!

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

American McGay posted:

This is the actual endgame at the moment for me. It suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks right now

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

seemed like WT4 varshan did his ground effect poo poo faster than in WT3. making the mechanics just go faster so you have less time to react and move is a lazy-rear end way to make it harder

obi_ant posted:

It seems like all the guides I found for a blood surge necro doesn’t use any uniques? Looks like I’m done with the season at level 75!

you definitely want this

it drops from varshan. I got mine in 3 kills on WT3

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Wow that changes the skill entirely

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Zeg posted:

Do the keys do anything else? I've just been opening every box lol. I just found out theres the special trine boss for 150 blood lures though so I may actually missing something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.
Interesting if they'll stick to that message from yesterday about no nerfs with this published.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNhVuNlHDr4