Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

It’s always a good sign when the leader of a militant nuclear-armed state starts talking about fulfilling prophecies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

pissbox 20

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

It seems stupid to announce "we're for real gonna invade" while not actually immediately doing that but everything Israel has done so far has been the dumbest thing, why changen ow

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Clip-On Fedora posted:

“There is no plan for the ‘day after’. The [Israeli] system hasn’t decided yet,” said one person familiar with Israeli thinking. “The Americans went crazy when they realised there was no plan.”

This quote makes me laugh because it makes it sound like the Pentagon has a professional Israeli understander on staff. Like, in my head all I can imagine is Sean Connery’s character from Rising Sun except for Israelis instead of the Japanese.

“Do keep your hands at your sides, The Israelis find big arm movements threatening”

INT. US EMBASSY - TEL AVIV - DAY

A room humming with anticipation. WEB SMITH and CAPTAIN JOHN CONNOR prepare for a crucial meeting with Israeli officials regarding the Gaza situation.

Connor: Have you ever negotiated with the Israelis before?

Smith: Negotiated?

Connor: Mm. Perhaps I can offer some pointers.

Smith: (scoffs) This isn’t a negotiation, it’s a genocide.

Connor: Oh? What makes it so?

Smith: It’s about a looming invasion without a follow-up plan.

Connor: (nods) When we arrive, you initiate the dialogue. Don’t bother to introduce me, don’t refer to me at all. Keep your jacket buttoned, it’s a sign of formality here.

Smith: (rolls eyes) I’ve handled high-pressure scenarios before.

Connor: And, if they extend a hand, you reciprocate with a firm shake. No limp wrists, it’s perceived as a sign of weakness.

Smith: I know how to shake hands, Connor.

Connor: Do keep your voice steady, even if the discourse escalates. Israelis demand respect and are direct, but they are also pushy, insulting, and thin skinned.

Smith: I don’t lose my cool.

Connor: Good to know. Now, when you sense the conversation veering off course, you’ll hear me say: "Perhaps I can provide some clarity." From then on, I take over. You stand by, attentive.

Smith: (scoffs) So I’m to play second fiddle?

Connor: It’s about understanding their framework, Smith. Our cultures may be oceans apart, but in that room, we need to bridge the divide.

Smith: And what’s my title during this charade?

Connor: (smirks) Consider me your Rav.

Smith: My Rav?

Connor: Mm.

Smith: That’s not something like a “master,” now is it?

Connor: No. The Rav is a mentor, a guide. In this scenario, I’m the one with the insights on Israeli protocol. They’ll appreciate the hierarchy.

Smith: (murmurs) And what does it mean they’ve called this meeting on such short notice?

Connor: It means they’re maneuvering the devil's chessboard. We need to catch up.

As they step out into the bright sunlight en route to the Israeli command center, the weight of the situation hangs over them.

WEB SMITH and CAPTAIN JOHN CONNOR are in a waiting room, going over the agenda for their upcoming meeting with Israeli officials regarding the Gaza crisis.

Connor: (leaning back) You know, Hebrew has no word for 'negotiate'.

Smith: (quirking an eyebrow) Really? But I thought…

Connor: (interrupting) Yes, it's a culture rich in haggling, yet the term 'negotiate' doesn’t exist in Hebrew. Instead, they have a phrase, masa' umatan, which translates to 'taking and giving'.

Smith flips through his notes, trying to grasp the essence of what Connor is saying.

Connor: (continuing) It reflects a deeper essence... an interchange, a dance of sorts, where every move, every gesture holds meaning.

Smith: (murmuring) Masa' umatan...

Connor: Exactly. When we sit across from them, understand, it’s not just a discussion. It’s an age-old tradition of masa' umatan. The way you present your points, the way you listen to theirs, it’s all part of this intricate dance.

Smith looks at Connor, his expression a mix of apprehension and intrigue.

Connor: (leaning forward) And remember, in this dance, it’s not about the immediate gain, it’s about forging a path of understanding, of respect. It’s about what you 'take' from the dialogue and what you 'give' back in return.

Smith: (nodding) The 'taking and giving'.

Connor: (smirking) Now you're catching on.

WEB SMITH and CAPTAIN JOHN CONNOR are seated at a table, having lunch. The conversation steers towards the temperament of Israelis.

Connor: (smirking) You know, there’s a joke that circulates around, that sheds light on the Israeli temperament in a humorous light. It goes like this—a Russian, an American, and an Israeli walk into a store and they see a sign that says, "No meat today because of a shortage, sorry."

Smith: (chuckling) Okay.

Connor: The Russian asks, "What's meat?" The American asks, "What's a shortage?" And the Israeli asks, "What's sorry?"

They both chuckle. Smith seems to grasp the underlying message.

Smith: So, they have a... blunt approach?

Connor: Exactly. The Israelis are forthright, they delve straight to the core of the matter. Their culture doesn’t shy away from confrontation, rather, it’s seen as a means to an end, a pathway to clarity.

Smith: (nodding) They don’t mince words.

Connor: Precisely. The term 'sorry' isn’t a retreat, but a deviation from the objective at hand.

Smith: (grinning) So, no room for pleasantries.

Connor: Oh, there's room. But in the dance of masa' umatan, every word, every gesture is a step towards or away from resolution. The Israeli bluntness is merely a quicker step towards the heart of the matter.

Smith: So when they come across as pushy or obnoxious...

Connor: It's not about being abrasive for them, it’s about being clear, direct. But yes, it can come off as obstinate, especially when the notion of 'giving' in a negotiation isn’t a part of their vocabulary.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Al-Saqr posted:

true. lets see.

salafis when someone is doing taqlid: :black101:
salafis when their governments just do whatever the United States tells them to do: :shrug:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Al-Saqr posted:

Doctors in Gaza singing "We Will Remain"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvD-Jodpb8E

If any of you ninnies ever come here and spread defeatism you can suck my rear end, the doctors living under the bombs and have to use their phones for light arent giving up and neither should you

Zadok Allen
Oct 9, 2023

Lol

Zadok Allen has issued a correction as of 02:55 on Oct 28, 2023

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

salafis when someone is doing taqlid: :black101:
salafis when their governments just do whatever the United States tells them to do: :shrug:

wahhabism was gods gift to the US and Israel, an insane stupid sect that made everyones lives miserable, targeted mostly muslims and made their lives worse and the religions reputation worse, and are good little doggies for their rulers who dont give a poo poo about religion and their colonial masters.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Death By The Blues posted:

That article also states that American forces will immediately be targeted as soon as the invasion begins lol

Targeted by who, the IDF?

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

spacemang_spliff posted:

how do you roll a tank isn't that like the 1 thing they're designed not to do

From my experience nearly getting killed by them a half dozen times, and the Canadian military eliminating vehicles with manual transmissions entirely because so many gearboxes were getting destroyed, reservists cannot drive vehicles they get a weekend-long refresher on once annually to save their lives.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
like I am freaking out here cause it really sounds like they want to nuclear "strategic" strike parts of Iran and I don't want my relatives to die. On good news apparently Hezbollah has yielded some results

https://twitter.com/MayadeenEnglish/status/1717233164752687244

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

sullat posted:

Targeted by who, the IDF?

Iran, Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Yemen, and every islamist armed group tied to them.

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
Wtf does fulfilling the prophecy of isaiah even mean? Isnt that the second coming of christ? I thought these were jews

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
There is even an Afghani hezbollah group in Lebanon and Syria right now lol

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

like I am freaking out here cause it really sounds like they want to nuclear "strategic" strike parts of Iran and I don't want my relatives to die. On good news apparently Hezbollah has yielded some results

iran isnt getting nuked anyone that launches a nuke its over

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

spacemang_spliff posted:

intercepted hamas communications have revealed their intelligence on the latest in IDF tech:

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Al-Saqr posted:

wahhabism was gods gift to the US and Israel, an islamic sect that made everyones lives miserable, targeted mostly muslims, and are good little doggies for their rulers who dont give a poo poo about religion.

yeah it’s real bad OP, abd al-wahhab was basically driven out of every place he ever tried to preach because he was such a colossal rear end in a top hat until muhammad ibn saud realized he could protect this guy and get religious cover for all the conquering he wanted to do.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

Wtf does fulfilling the prophecy of isaiah even mean? Isnt that the second coming of christ? I thought these were jews

no. surprisingly enough, jesus is not the messiah in judaism. the prophecy of Isaiah is that the actual messiah shows up and fixes things

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Maybe you should take a few minutes to not look at this stuff? I don’t mean to be condescending, I doomscroll too and I need to remind myself to take breaks.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

yeah it’s real bad OP, abd al-wahhab was basically driven out of every place he ever tried to preach because he was such a colossal rear end in a top hat until muhammad ibn saud realized he could protect this guy and get religious cover for all the conquering he wanted to do.

its no coincidence why islamist groups both sunni and shiite who styled themselves after iranian isliamism and political/military practice became enormously successful while Salafists and Wahhabist islamist groups are universally reviled, hated and never accomplish anything.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Al-Saqr posted:

america might as well have bombed mecca at this point, theres going to be an unprecedented explosion and blowback soon.

America would never do that.
Because there's a Mcdonald's there.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

The destruction of the enemy countries that opose Israel

https://enduringword.com/bible-commentary/isaiah-15/

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah%2015-23&version=NIV

trucutru has issued a correction as of 19:13 on Oct 25, 2023

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

all of our whitest and most powerful armies are just doing a classic no rush 30 min 5v1 comp stomp, and there is a good chance theyre gonna lose

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

https://twitter.com/MuhammadSmiry/status/1717130785847705683

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

keep punching joe posted:

Are they just targeting journalists now?

Al Jazeera correspondent had their house bombed and whole family killed.

Now? They’ve been doing it for several weeks now, and that’s just this conflict.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

The Demilich posted:

America would never do that.
Because there's a Mcdonald's there.

actually i think the KFC and the better saudi version, al-baik, is the brand thats closest to the main door of the mosque if my memory serves.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

spacemang_spliff posted:

this guy sat in the wrong seat
https://twitter.com/AstuteCFO/status/1716601079075672379

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

a week passed since they bombed a hospital so they can do the we are the light and they are the dark thing again lol

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Ringo Roadagain posted:

a week passed since they bombed a hospital so they can do the we are the light and they are the dark thing again lol

maybe the light thing is a reference to all the white phosphorus

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

Yeah what's this guy's name, Not-Allowed-To-Eat-Porkins? :mmmsmug:

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

you can tell someones a pants making GBS threads loser like netanyahu when they bust out the sephiroth evil villian speech

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Al-Saqr posted:

its no coincidence why islamist groups both sunni and shiite who styled themselves after iranian isliamism and political/military practice became enormously successful while Salafists and Wahhabist islamist groups are universally reviled, hated and never accomplish anything.

i think this is true with respect to Islamist groups that are opposed to the west but it’s hard to argue that the Saudi ulema are not both Islamist and extremely successful (unfortunately). like their vision of islam absolutely sucks rear end but they have been really successful at insinuating it into government all over the gulf!

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/LKTuffaha/status/1717165678371934434?s=20

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

https://x.com/spectatorindex/status/1717241972493373859?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

so basically hamas and hezbollah can break through and deplete this poo poo in a couple of hours

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

i can relate to israel because when i was a kid i would just build a bunch of missile turrets and siege tanks until i maxed out my supply on battlecruisers. then in my first online match i got wiped out by two zealots in the first five minutes and i got mad and said they were cheating and quit playing for a while

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

why does the us have an iron dome stockpile?

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

so wait we Iranians are now people of the darkness?

your aryan card has been revoked.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

i think this is true with respect to Islamist groups that are opposed to the west but it’s hard to argue that the Saudi ulema are not both Islamist and extremely successful (unfortunately). like their vision of islam absolutely sucks rear end but they have been really successful at insinuating it into government all over the gulf!

its not in the government at all they're purely at the largesse of the government the second the government came and told them to shut up and allow dancing girls raves and normalization with israel and stuff they shut the gently caress up like the good little dogs they are. they were tools, nothing more, and the master no longer needs them now so theyre just fading away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ringo Roadagain posted:

I'm pretty there has been less than a day since they bombed a hospital.