Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

teen witch posted:

Window decal memorials have been a thing for decades. I remember them as a kid

They are a near-everyday occurrence in Albuquerque

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

teen witch posted:

Window decal memorials have been a thing for decades. I remember them as a kid

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Huh. I first saw them when I moved to California in '02, IIRC.

Almost every time I've ever seen one it's been on a hispanic person's car. I'm in Wisconsin.

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

This is a 50+ year old dude who has never been laid, is super insecure about it and just found a way to :smuggo: himself into being able to say that he's been hosed before so he can stop crying himself to sleep every night.

That's my theory, anyway.

tek79 fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Oct 22, 2023

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Powerful Katrinka posted:

I'm from Niagara Falls, plenty of crackers do it

Which one? I'm from the Canadian one.

What if you have a "r.i.p. (name) "with birth and death years listed and they were only like 20-24 years old?

I usually see them on late model full-sized trucks or 25+ year old Pontiac grand ams. Cody seems to be the most common name.

Seriously, don't name your sons Cody, they don't seem to live past their early 20s.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

:pwn:

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Anal you say?
:frogon:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Anal Talent
:getin:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
CHRISTATE

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Ambassadorofsodomy posted:

Which one? I'm from the Canadian one.

What if you have a "r.i.p. (name) "with birth and death years listed and they were only like 20-24 years old?

I usually see them on late model full-sized trucks or 25+ year old Pontiac grand ams. Cody seems to be the most common name.

Seriously, don't name your sons Cody, they don't seem to live past their early 20s.

I'm from the American side. Hi, neighbor! Man, I loved strolling over to the Canadian side with just my driver's license to drink in a nice restaurant and feel fancy when I was 19-20.

And seconding the Cody thing. The only well-adjusted Cody I know, made a conscious and specific choice to break from his family's dynamics. He definitely "comes from circumstances"

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
ten ant anal

:anttony:

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Powerful Katrinka posted:

I'm from the American side. Hi, neighbor! Man, I loved strolling over to the Canadian side with just my driver's license to drink in a nice restaurant and feel fancy when I was 19-20.

And seconding the Cody thing. The only well-adjusted Cody I know, made a conscious and specific choice to break from his family's dynamics. He definitely "comes from circumstances"

What up!! :hfive:
Yeah we used to get lots of y'all coming over the river to drink and lots of people I know went over there when they were 21+ because the bars were open later.
It was great not needing a fuckin passport to go over just to get dinner or whatever.

When I went to college in small town Ontario there was a bunch of people who came from places nowhere near the border that were absolutely amazed that we'd go over the river just to get gas or some poo poo. And one guy from some town on the other end of Lake Superior tried to flex on me and be all like "yeah, we'd just go over to go to the movies". I told him, "yeah big deal, my mom would drag me over there to buy butter".

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
If you're on the Canadian side why haven't you been to the Nightmare Fear Factory?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Light Gun Man posted:

ten ant anal

Fifty Foot Ant's rereg is wild

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Almost every time I've ever seen one it's been on a hispanic person's car. I'm in Wisconsin.

Milwaukee, and agree.

I've seen a few white people with a memorial thing but it was always for a military death. much more common decade ago, pretty rare now.

JAnon
Jul 16, 2023

Light Gun Man posted:

ten ant anal

:anttony:

that's TWELVE ant ORAL you dope!

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Pennywise the Frown posted:

If you're on the Canadian side why haven't you been to the Nightmare Fear Factory?

what te poo poo is that

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Ambassadorofsodomy posted:

what te poo poo is that

:stare:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4042163

:doit:

MehrTentakelnBitte
Jun 27, 2014

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhl'apn
I saw the memorial decals daily in SoCal lik 98-08. Like 1 in 10 vehicles had one, almost always a truck. I'm in AZ now and only see them like once a month, but I also only leave my rural hellhole that often so :shrug:

They always kinda bugged me, because I get the idea, but like... I don't want to cry every time I get groceries? I haven't lost any people close enough for me to want to memorialize them, but the vet gave me a "Sorry for your loss" card with my dog's footprint on it. poo poo makes me cry every time I think about it. gently caress, I'm crying NOW

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

MehrTentakelnBitte posted:

"Sorry for your loss" card with my dog's footprint on it. poo poo makes me cry every time I think about it. gently caress, I'm crying NOW

I work at a pet cremation company and people will without hesitation spend almost a grand on stuff to memorialize their dogs. I got a paw print and urn for my cat and I still can't bring myself to put them up almost a year later. I can't even open the goddamn box. I dunno how they do it.

Luxrage
Jan 2, 2017

I have no idea what I'm doing!

MehrTentakelnBitte posted:

They always kinda bugged me, because I get the idea, but like... I don't want to cry every time I get groceries? I haven't lost any people close enough for me to want to memorialize them, but the vet gave me a "Sorry for your loss" card with my dog's footprint on it. poo poo makes me cry every time I think about it. gently caress, I'm crying NOW

One of my coworkers has his mother's grave as his phones lock screen, I couldn't imagine seeing that as many times a day as someone checks their phone.

There's a minivan I've seen one or twice on the highway with a massive upright ALWAYS WEAR YOUR SEATBELT painted on plywood. It's mounted like a giant windsail on the back of this minivan and I wish I could get a picture of it, it's about 4ft tall. At least they're using their infowarrior powers for good.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Luxrage posted:

At least they're using their infowarrior powers for good.

hell of the gas mileage I'd imagine

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

emSparkly posted:

A couple pride/progressive stickers means you're fine.
A ton of progressive stickers means you're likely a liberal. I roll my eyes.
A couple of righty stickers like a Punisher skull and blue line flag means you're a douche.
A fully decked out infowarrior ride means you're a hilarious douche.
A stick figure family means you're just a loving suburbanite prick.
A "nobody cares about your stick figure family" sticker means you should go to prison.

A "nobody cares about your baby on board" sticker means you are one of the few who has what it takes to be the next US President

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

“Baby on board” was originally meant to be a cue to rescue personnel, in the case of an accident, that they should look for a child who might not be obvious and can’t get themselves out of the vehicle.

At this point it’s just parent pride though, I think.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
i see so many anime stickers now

i used to have a small "rare exports" decal

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

InsertPotPun posted:

i see so many anime stickers now

i used to have a small "rare exports" decal

I used to regularly see an SUV with a shitload of stickers including one that said "I ♥️ FUTANARI." Based on when and where I saw it, the owner commuted. Wonder if she ever, like, volunteered to drive when groups of coworkers went to grab lunch or whatever.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I wonder how much of his deployment check was spent on that decal

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

We had a guy in a much older truck with a similar decal that said "FREEDOM" when I worked at the car wash. Eventually he got a vanity plate that said NOVAXX and got mad because we were openly laughing at his vehicle.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

pictured: guy who applied to join the army and got rejected due to being unfit or something
It's always the loudest ones that are the stolen valor types.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Subjunctive posted:

“Baby on board” was originally meant to be a cue to rescue personnel, in the case of an accident, that they should look for a child who might not be obvious and can’t get themselves out of the vehicle.

At this point it’s just parent pride though, I think.

My sister is an ambulance tech, former early childhood teacher, and has been involved in civil defence search and rescue since her late teens- including being deployed in Christchurch after the 2011 earthquake.

She had a baby on board decal, and my nephew’s car seat has a card in a pocket on the side with [name], [date of birth] verbal - English and [allergy]. She’s actually a really chill parent and encourages breaking fear boundaries and managed risk in play, but she does take safety very seriously. Balance bike on the bmx track, yes. Messing around on the roads, no.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
I wish my sister were sane and cool :(

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mercury_Storm posted:

pictured: guy who applied to join the army and got rejected due to being unfit or something
It's always the loudest ones that are the stolen valor types.

I bet he did serve and never left the continental US and is super defensive about it

Mr Lanternfly
Jun 26, 2023

I've always wanted to make a flyer to stick under the wipers of trucks like these. Something like:

quote:

ARE YOU TIRED OF COMPENSATING?

THERE IS A SOLUTION.

Stop spending $$$ on gas, tires and decals. Your micro penis doesn't have to define you life! Confidence and happiness can be found in ways that don't involve an oversized toddler truck.

But then I'd need to invest in a bullet proof vest.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Mr Lanternfly posted:

I've always wanted to make a flyer to stick under the wipers of trucks like these. Something like:

But then I'd need to invest in a bullet proof vest.

I've shouted "big truck, tiiiiiiny penis" at a brodozer-driving dumbass or two when they did something stupid or reckless, but I'm Canadian and I take it for granted a bit that it's extremely unlikely for someone to draw down or brandish a firearm here (matter of fact, the only person who has ever kind of threatened to shoot me was a police officer). Weaponizing the vehicle is a real thing though, just make sure he's not pointing it at you and let fly. It's pretty satisfying.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Mister Speaker posted:

I've shouted "big truck, tiiiiiiny penis" at a brodozer-driving dumbass or two
I try to throw them a 🤏 as they drive by/away.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
If only the shaming worked better than the advertising. I don't think even (Joe Biden's :freep:!!) 4 dollar gas stopped people from buying these things.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

poo poo BLUE is something I can get behind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
pee pee blue blue society