Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Apparently Russia's no longer gonna give advance notice about conducting missile tests.

I presume because it's real embarrassing if (when) the missile fails and everyone's watching.

Nothing so far has indicated otherwise from my earlier take that no-one in the Russian High Command or Putin's circle of crooks actually knows how large percentage of their mostly inherited USSR nuke arsenal works, and which ones were maintained and which ones were just listed as maintained while the money was pocketed. And these withdrawals from treaties as a tantrum allows them to test few of them to see if they actually detonate or not.

Before this war it was given that "many of them probably don't even launch but its Russia, they have spares" but now, they have to see how far into the silos and tubes the rot reaches.

Der Kyhe fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Oct 25, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
we will know when putin dies because his death throes will cause a catastrophic bowel fragmentation. youll be able to hear it wherever you are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FLRHejWAo8

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Tiny Timbs posted:

gently caress I never thought about how it would go down with the doubles

Putin’s gonna be alive for at least a few days after he dies

He has been dead since the second or third day of the invasion. Everybody has been acting out the plot of Kagemusha since then.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Humphreys posted:

I heard they were even making newer better faster stronger versions with the parts!

Also harder, can't forget that.

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023

zone posted:

Given they failed all three tests of muh nooks last year, it seems reasonable enough, if everyone wasn't already watching them like hawks

Did they test anything last year ? I vaguely remember them testing a satan and that's it.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Rad Russian posted:

Straight up looks like WW2-era panzer

It's got the drive cog at the wrong end to be a panzer 3, and the shape of the hull is different, various other differences. But I had to pull up a reference to be sure. What the hell is it?

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Blue Footed Booby posted:

It's got the drive cog at the wrong end to be a panzer 3, and the shape of the hull is different, various other differences. But I had to pull up a reference to be sure. What the hell is it?

Almost certainly a BTR-D.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

MRESteve got ahold of a 2020 Russian prisoner ration. Seems like a neat video. Over on his youtube channel.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Almost certainly a BTR-D.

Thanks, looks right. I was going down the Wikipedia list and kept getting distracted by poo poo like the Soviet laser tank.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Thanks, looks right. I was going down the Wikipedia list and kept getting distracted by poo poo like the Soviet laser tank.

post the soviet laser tank

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Sedgr posted:

MRESteve got ahold of a 2020 Russian prisoner ration. Seems like a neat video. Over on his youtube channel.

Queued up for after work!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhZXYulcWiU

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

ChubbyChecker posted:

post the soviet laser tank

Say privyet to the 1K17 Szhatie, a self propelled laser vehicle that uses a Msta-S chassis with a battery of laser projectors mounted on the turret. It was developed by the USSR to disable the optics and electronics equipment of enemy missiles, ground and air vehicles.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

HonorableTB posted:

Say privyet to the 1K17 Szhatie, a self propelled laser vehicle that uses a Msta-S chassis with a battery of laser projectors mounted on the turret. It was developed by the USSR to disable the optics and electronics equipment of enemy missiles, ground and air vehicles.

such a cool looking vehicle

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

HonorableTB posted:

It was developed by the USSR to disable the optics and electronics equipment of enemy missiles, ground and air vehicles.

Someone sold them BattleTech blueprints as an upcoming American wonder weapon and they scrambled to develop this as a countermeasure, and you'll never convince me otherwise.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Hannibal Rex posted:

Someone sold them BattleTech blueprints as an upcoming American wonder weapon and they scrambled to develop this as a countermeasure, and you'll never convince me otherwise.

I can absolutely imagine some nerd in the CIA laughing his rear end off when the NRO confirms the Soviets actually bought it.

Blue Footed Booby fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Oct 26, 2023

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

weg posted:

What's this thing shoot, mothballs?

I think that most often it will be used to shoot disrespectful mobiks.

malder
Feb 7, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Have the Russians captured mount Doom yet? My favorite blogger is sick so I'm low on good, trustworthy battlefield information.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

HonorableTB posted:

Finally a counter to Allied Mirage tanks in Red Alert.

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
In "Sanction aren't working" news. Tales of Russian truckers buying Chinese made trucks

Polish article here, you can use whatever translation tool you want.https://40ton.net/chinskie-ciezarowki-w-rosji-szybki-wzrost-cen-brak-czesci-i-zamieszanie-z-serwisami/

Highlights:
- Prices of Chinese trucks are now at the level of pre-war prices of European trucks. This is due to a mix of a worthless ruble, and Chinese makers exploiting the captive market.
- Spare parts are a huge issue and difficult to get. Not only advanced engine and gearbox components, but normal "every day" stuff like brake pads or brake rotors.
- Bodywork parts are almost non-existent
- Reliability is lower, and service intervals are more frequent
- Due to the fragmented nature of the Chinese truck importers, there is no national service network, and you have to service your truck at the exact dealership you bought it at

I know trains still move a lot of goods in Russia, but it will be interesting to see how this will affect civilian intra-Russian logistics in the longer term.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

malder posted:

Have the Russians captured mount Doom yet? My favorite blogger is sick so I'm low on good, trustworthy battlefield information.

they did. put a flag up. and the flag got droned.

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry

ded posted:

they did. put a flag up. and the flag got droned.

Presumably, to show any mobiks up there can get droned too.

Ubik_Lives
Nov 16, 2012

HonorableTB posted:

It also has an alternate fire mode, revising the WW2 bomb dog tactic, to deploy a platoon of bomb wielding cats.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Our boy has got himself a new table.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

lol nice cable management

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
that's a drain pipe from his chair into an open sewer

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP

Oscar Wilde Bunch posted:

...and on Friday nights at 11pm they host rooster fights!

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

So, is there a removable section so the cleaners can get in there?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Wow, Dahir Insaat finally managed to sell something.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Why isn't there a pantsir in the middle of the table

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Why isn't there a pantsir in the middle of the table

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

I'm pretty sure there are trapdoors under most of the chairs

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Samovar posted:

Wow, Dahir Insaat finally managed to sell something.

I hope it will fold into a bunker during an earthquake and/or airstrike. :v:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Tarquinn posted:

I hope it will fold into a bunker during an earthquake and/or airstrike. :v:

it turns into a single-person jet that gets launched out of a window on a rail

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

A square table, a squable, if you will

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008

Whats with the harsh lighting and stark white surfaces in all of putins rooms?

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
A round room and they put a big squircle table in the middle. Smoking accident blow up the round table factory?

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Why. The gently caress. Put a square table in that room. Like for gently caress's sake if there was EVER an opportunity to do a round table, this room is it.

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

Tigey posted:

I'm pretty sure there are trapdoors under most of the chairs

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Nice piece of fish posted:

Why. The gently caress. Put a square table in that room. Like for gently caress's sake if there was EVER an opportunity to do a round table, this room is it.

Because then Putin can't sit at the head of the table

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

spankmeister posted:

Because then Putin can't poo poo at the head of the table