Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Lockback posted:

And all plays in the NBA are like that. Some out-of-timeout plays will be "Pass to person X who will pass to Y who will shoot" but most NBA plays are react-type things where there are tons of permutations and adlibbing based on what the defense does. And the Lakers did a decent job. The first Murray 3 was partially covered, so thats ok. The long 2 by KCP was open but only because he was run off the 3pt line and had no driving lane. That's a low value shot. And DLO's foul was a pretty good foul, he got beat but recovered and used his long arms to stop a shot.

What was noteable was that a relatively simple play like that can be turned into so many deadly weapons by this team and by how versatile Jokic was. No other NBA player has been able to be a threat like that so many ways out of a really simple action.

The warriors won championships with that action with Draymond running high post splits with Klay and Curry. It's really hard to defend, especially when the high post is also a threat and not Draymond.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I’m not posting for the rest of the day (NIR) but will be available to emptyquote from my chair.

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
I can't recall the specifics but Dallas ran a similar play over and over in a specific game of the 2011 finals to come back against Miami, which was a similar high elbow action but using Tyson Chandler as the post player. The same play with Jokic shooting +40% from the three and a genius passing game is unstoppable.

DMCrimson fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Oct 25, 2023

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://x.com/PelicansNBA/status/1717242148205035990?s=20

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

That was cool. I like stories of Jamal Crawford roasting guys.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Did this get posted
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/38741982/dwight-howard-denies-sexual-assault-allegations-wants-lawsuit-dismissed

quote:

Former NBA star Dwight Howard has denied sexual assault and battery allegations filed against him earlier this year and asked a court to dismiss a civil lawsuit he is facing in Georgia.

In court documents obtained by ESPN, Howard said Monday that he engaged in "consensual sexual activity" with a man named Stephen Harper during a July 2021 encounter at Howard's Georgia residence. Howard denied that he caused any injury to Harper, according to the filing.

In the original complaint filed in July, Harper's lawyers said he and Howard first began corresponding over direct messages on Instagram in May 2021, with Harper initiating the exchange. Harper accused Howard of sexually assaulting him at Howard's home during the subsequent July 2021 encounter.

"We fully anticipated Mr. Howard to raise the issue of consent in his Answer," Harper's attorney, Olga Izmaylova, told ESPN, adding that Harper did not consent.

Harper's complaint also accused Howard of "intentional infliction of emotional distress" and false imprisonment. Howard's response denied those allegations.

"What was a private consensual encounter was made public for profit and Mr. Howard looks forward to bringing the truth to light in a court of law," one of Howard's attorneys, Justin Bailey, told ESPN. "The allegations against Mr. Howard are contested. Mr. Howard intends to present the truth. The truth is Mr. Howard blocked Mr. Harper on social media and then was confronted with two options -- pay to protect his reputation or have a fabricated story made public. Despite being an easy target due to the subject matter and his status as a celebrity, Mr. Howard chose to trust in the justice system and will rely on all future court filings to speak for themselves."

Harper's complaint includes screenshots of alleged Instagram exchanges between Harper and Howard from 2021, along with an Uber receipt of Harper's trip to Howard's residence on the night of the encounter.

Harper went to police a year later, according to a July 2022 incident report from the Gwinnett County Police Department, which was obtained by ESPN. No charges were filed.

"This report was made following Mr. Harper being blocked on social media and after the first demand for payment was rejected," Bailey said.

In Georgia, the statute of limitations for filing this type of civil lawsuit is two years from the date of incident.

"We had some independent investigation to conduct and Mr. Harper had some private factors to consider," Izmaylova said, "before we all felt ready to proceed with the lawsuit."

Howard, 37, last played in the NBA in 2021-22 with the Los Angeles Lakers. He is an eight-time All-Star and a three-time NBA Defensive Player of the Year.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

temple posted:

Art for people with no talent or vision. Soon AI Jokes and Memes. Get ready to die.

Seriously, like saying AD should go get his CDL conveys the entire point of the joke more than enough.

I don't need some lovely AI generated simulacrum image of AD in a trucker hat or some poo poo.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Dexo posted:

I don't need some lovely AI generated simulacrum image of AD in a trucker hat or some poo poo.
I asked for Patrick Beverly kicking Benny The Bull in the crotch enjoy

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

WhyteRyce posted:

I asked for Patrick Beverly kicking Benny The Bull in the crotch enjoy

It's full of stars

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Could anyone suggest some good bball shoes for outdoor courts? Shoes that would be excited to eat concrete and bitumen

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1717266444344328364

When you have the chance to get Drew Eubanks, you can't let the rules get in your way.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
is drew eubanks a basketball player

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Stagger_Lee posted:

is drew eubanks a basketball player

He sells property insurance in the rust belt.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Although that's current lead leader in blocks Drew Eubanks

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
https://twitter.com/ByTimReynolds/status/1717279841811046728

Did Silver not like the Free Agency recruiting that happened in the All Star drafts?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Highly recommend doing the sporcle quiz for your team's opening night starters since 1990 or whatever and enjoy remembering and forgetting some guys.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Athanatos posted:

https://twitter.com/ByTimReynolds/status/1717279841811046728

Did Silver not like the Free Agency recruiting that happened in the All Star drafts?

It didn't make players give a poo poo about playing the game like they hoped it would, so now they're going back to the old way which also failed to make players give a poo poo about playing the game.

What they need to do is let the winning team load manage 5 more games and still be eligible for end-of-season awards.

deadkiller615
Aug 7, 2007
yea, I kill dead stuff. so what?

Athanatos posted:

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1717266444344328364

When you have the chance to get Drew Eubanks, you can't let the rules get in your way.

Honestly worth it.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Maybe for a team that didn’t desperately need to find a way to add a cost controlled player to their roster next year.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
Aw, I thought the Elam Ending was fun.

Tonight is the final Staples home opener for the Clippers. I mean Crypto Dot Com Arena. 25 years of working in someone else's office. Surely the Clippers, professional sports' most cursed franchise, will thrive in their new arena.

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Don’t mine them getting rid of the draft, elam ending should have stayed. They need to get rid of position limits.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
N: Dwight gay
V: so what

Hopefully he didn’t do abuse.

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Saw him once in person. The idea of him forcing anyone to do anything is terrifying.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
there were many rumors about dwight through the years, at least from groupies.

Frog Father
Apr 9, 2020

toggle posted:

Could anyone suggest some good bball shoes for outdoor courts? Shoes that would be excited to eat concrete and bitumen

I played ball outdoors at least once a week for several years, until I sadly moved. I still play when I can, but I have kids now so free time is at a premium and playing with total randoms is not as fun.

Playing on concrete is hard on shoes and you are going to go through them faster than you would inside. Some of my friends did their best to research what shoes are supposed to work best outdoors but it never seemed to make much of a difference. I would just scope out sales on decent shoes and accept you'll need to replace them sooner than you would like.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I would like to hear no more about Dwight Howard's sex life

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Papercut posted:

agreed, not interested in the salacious "nba athlete gay???" aspect. not interesting

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
wemby SOON

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
should rename it to WNBA cuz its Wemby's league now baby

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
It's kinda well known that Dwight has flown out high schoolers to hang out with him in hotel rooms.

I don't give a poo poo if he's bi or whatever, but yeah Dwights been a well known creep outside of his sexual preferences.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Dexo posted:

It's kinda well known that Dwight has flown out high schoolers to hang out with him in hotel rooms.

I don't give a poo poo if he's bi or whatever, but yeah Dwights been a well known creep outside of his sexual preferences.

Yeah the league leaving him off of the 75th Anniversary team felt like a conscious decision

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Papercut posted:

too bad. its coming

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

lol almost every one of these involves abusing dlo

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Ammanas posted:

should rename it to WNBA cuz its Wemby's league now baby
:hai:

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/nba_paint/status/1717268178416316798

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/PelicansNBA/status/1717348922987774102?s=20

https://twitter.com/PelicansNBA/status/1717349697650593888?s=20

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Wiz might not be a defensive powerhouse

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

What was the site someone posted in the last thread with free replays of games? I have to miss live Wembytime tonight but want to catch up later

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Shear Modulus posted:

What was the site someone posted in the last thread with free replays of games? I have to miss live Wembytime tonight but want to catch up later

i don’t know. sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Shear Modulus posted:

https://fishkernba.com/

Edit: league pass is probably free for a week too if you wanted to go that route.