Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
After all this, if Thomson platoons Marsh next year, I swear to God

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Sydin posted:

lmao imagine watching the Padres collapse this year despite being loaded with talent and a big article expose coming out about how their clubhouse is in total anarchy, and going "yeah we want the guy in charge of that."

Imagine the Giants FO were interested in actually winning and not in having a manager who can shoot the poo poo with Kruk & Kuip pregame.

Fifth richest team in baseball let the mask slip:
https://twitter.com/BaseballJeff1/status/1717238884076343441

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Monathin posted:

No offense to the phillies fans in this thread but I hope the phillies make it to the playoffs and then eat poo poo every year if this is the content we can look forward to as a result :laffo:

“Hey where’d you get that banana?”

“A homeless guy.”

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Monathin posted:

No offense to the phillies fans in this thread but I hope the phillies make it to the playoffs and then eat poo poo every year if this is the content we can look forward to as a result :laffo:

"I had to ask nine people for this loving cigarettee" would be my favorite if not for the middle schooler just mercilessly dropping f bombs

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

MrMidnight posted:

Brantley gone = meh
Maldy non starter = thank the Lord
Losing some relief guys = won't miss Stanek or Maton. Neris will get a closer job somewhere. Losing him will suck

moving this out of the playoff thread and into here because this is where it belongs

Stanek, I don't care. Maton had a big year but he's a lot like Montero in that he reeks of regression. Neris still has a year left on a player option, but I guess it's possible he tries to go get a closer job somewhere yeah. Still gonna have Abreu and Pressly so it's not the end of the world, and hell we lost Billy Wagner and Octavio Dotel and still had a light out bullpen right up until.... The Incident

Brantley barely even played so even though he had some big hits down the stretch it's not the end of the world, especially given how he just straight up vanished in the ALCS. Pretty slim pickings in the OF free agency market though and we just traded the only outfield prospect worth a poo poo we had that could conceivably be ready in 2024

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Michael Conforto!

Maton was down a bit during the midseason but he came back and finished strong. Honestly I'd take all of the RPs back at the right price; unfortunately, paying Rafael Montero the stupidest contract I've ever seen is going to make that a lot harder. No way in hell Neris exercises that option, he could sign for real money next season.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

zoux posted:

Michael Conforto!

Hope you're ready for the everyday OF of Chas/Dubon/Tuck

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Phillies fans ITT are pretty chill. Astros fans ITT on the other hand, well, not so much.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Intruder posted:

Hope you're ready for the everyday OF of Chas/Dubon/Tuck

With Dusty gone you aren't going to sniff Dubon in the OF.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

zoux posted:

With Dusty gone you aren't going to sniff Dubon in the OF.

So you think Yordan plays everyday LF? Or they sign like Hunter Renfroe or something

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I think they sign a corner OF, someone like, oh idk, MICHAEL CONFORTO

That's whose available as a FA, some guys have options they may or may not exercise. Not exactly a bountiful harvest.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Craptacular! posted:

Imagine the Giants FO were interested in actually winning and not in having a manager who can shoot the poo poo with Kruk & Kuip pregame.

Fifth richest team in baseball let the mask slip:
https://twitter.com/BaseballJeff1/status/1717238884076343441
A Diamondbacks championship this year will open the floodgates for more statements like this from owners.

They’ll also somehow simultaneously cry about how small market teams can’t compete without a hard salary cap.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Oh I thought you were joking about that lol

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Intruder posted:

Oh I thought you were joking about that lol

I never joke about Michael Conforto

Oh another off season move should be to demolish MMP and replace it with an exact replica of Globe Life. Or build a park in Katy idk, maybe being outside the city limits will help.

zoux fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Oct 25, 2023

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Sign Cody, Astros

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'm not too stoked about the idea of signing a player who hasn't been good in years and in the span since then has suffered a lot of injuries

illcendiary posted:

Sign Cody, Astros

Cody has zero interest in playing for the Astros I'm sure even if they make the best offer

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Good cause deep down I have zero interest in rooting for that weirdo :smugbert:

They’re screwed in left field lol

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

illcendiary posted:

Re-sign Cody, Cubs

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Speficially for LF it's even worse

Guriel I guess. Joc is a clubhouse cancer, don't want him running high stakes pai gow games in the locker room at 3 am on a getaway day.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

illcendiary posted:

Good cause deep down I have zero interest in rooting for that weirdo :smugbert:

They’re screwed in left field lol

My sinking feeling is that Yordan is going to be the everyday LF and I'll have to watch every game in abject terror

zoux posted:

Guriel I guess. Joc is a clubhouse cancer, don't want him running high stakes pai gow games in the locker room at 3 am on a getaway day.

It would be extremely funny if Lourdes found his way to Houston now after we thought having Yuli meant he'd come here before

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

zoux posted:

The entire FA bats market kinda sucks

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Save one.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Intruder posted:

My sinking feeling is that Yordan is going to be the everyday LF and I'll have to watch every game in abject terror

It would be extremely funny if Lourdes found his way to Houston now after we thought having Yuli meant he'd come here before

Lol i don't think Gurriel in LF will ease your anxiety

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

bawfuls posted:

A Diamondbacks championship this year will open the floodgates for more statements like this from owners.

They’ll also somehow simultaneously cry about how small market teams can’t compete without a hard salary cap.
The Mets and Padres collapsing has already done that

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

zoux posted:

Save one.

Tommy Pham's finally going to get his pay day.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Lol i don't think Gurriel in LF will ease your anxiety

My anxiety with Yordan is for injury not for being bad

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

zoux posted:

Joc is a two-time Champion, a certified Postseason Dude, and a chunky boi.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

The Mets and Padres collapsing has already done that
true, but its more fuel for the fire

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

bawfuls posted:

Joc is a two-time Champion, a certified Postseason Dude, and a chunky boi.

He's also a degenerate gambler and owns and operates player-only opium dens and fight clubs

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Ohtani >>>>>>> Bellinger >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> everybody else is pretty dire, yeah. Ohtani and Cody are gonna get fuckin' paid though

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Sydin posted:

Ohtani >>>>>>> Bellinger >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> everybody else is pretty dire, yeah. Ohtani and Cody are gonna get fuckin' paid though

By the Cubs!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

maybe seeing his in-state rivals go all in on spending and beat him will make Jim Crane decide to go full Cohen

lol no

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Popete posted:

By the Cubs!

:hmmyes:

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Godamn the Dodgers really hosed up with Cody

I still see a lot of Bellinger jerseys at games. They should have signed him to an immoral Braves style extension years ago.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Intruder posted:

maybe seeing his in-state rivals go all in on spending and beat him will make Jim Crane decide to go full Cohen

lol no

He's going to spend a lot of money. Badly.

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?

mcmagic posted:

Not that it matters but Sean Casey isn't coming back as hitting coach. I wonder who the next Boone pal up is...

Heck, I would like to spend more time with my family instead of watching the Yankees too, but I guess it's easier to depart after 3 months than 30 years. They won't win again under the Cashman Administration. Just too inflexible and unwilling to adapt to the hybrid analytics/experience model that looks to be having the most consistent success these days. Their approach at the plate is pathetic.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Legendary Ptarmigan posted:

They won't win again under the Cashman Administration.
inshallah

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

zoux posted:

He's also a degenerate gambler and owns and operates player-only opium dens and fight clubs

Stop making Joc sound cooler than he is

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Forrest on Fire posted:

Stop making Joc sound cooler than he is

Joc brought Atlanta a ring with vibes alone. He absolutely is that cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Astros should sign Shohei imo.

He's good.