Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Israel is considering using nerve gas under Delta Force supervision within the tunnel networks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Israel is gonna sink one of them

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Neither one is scheduled to deploy, and the Roosevelt was/is in the middle of training.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Biden is perfectly happy with the Mediterranean and Persian Gulf ships he put there. More than enough for an air campaign.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I absolutely can imagine "we will topple the terrorist regime in Iran and pull out. We will not repeat the mistakes of the Bush administration." being a fairly easy sell.

Not to the Pentagon. they know that this is not Vietnam, or Iraq, or even Afghanistan aka the graveyard of empires.

there is no occupation of Iran. you could airstrike Tehran but then what...?

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
I could believe Israel deploying nerve gas, to reassert its deterrence as a "we're so loving insane dont even try us" type of deal. Still doubt it tho

Obviously they would have to abandon any pretense of rescuing the hostages given that the hostages are in those tunnels

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

mdemone posted:

all invasions are occupations. the Joint Chiefs of Staff know this, which is why we are currently kicking Israel under the table, telling them that they're embarrassing us and we might have to stand up from the table.

Oh, of course. That's obvious to any intelligent person. But we're talking about Americans and liberals at that. I mean, again, I live in NY. I knew plenty of libs in the aughts who were and probably still are for the invasion, and against the occupation, as though they could be easily divorced. Again, there was in my experience a prevailing sentiment of "we should have gone in, toppled Saddam, and pulled out. Let the Iraqis sort their own problems out after that."

Orange Man bad! Symptoms, never causes. We're dealing with what are mentally children. When you defeat the bad guy in the story, the story ends. The Empire is defeated when Vader yeets Palpatine into a hole. The Death Eaters and anti-Muggle racism is defeated when Serpentor falls on his sword. Etc etc. All we had to do was kill Saddam and topple his government and leave. Nothing bad would have happened! Honest!

I don't know, maybe I'm too pessimistic - lmao - but I absolutely think Biden could sell war in Iran at least as easily as Bush sold war in Iraq by trying to say we'll just smash and leave. With Trump of course being then the opposition of "no, we shoul dinvae and occupy and take their oil!"

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
maybe they finally got a drone

https://twitter.com/EyesOnSouth1/status/1717305687204667631

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

lmao

https://twitter.com/jeremysternla/status/1717242321178448111
https://twitter.com/alexthomp/status/1717285123488419865

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

CODChimera posted:

Israel is gonna sink one of them

I mean not by themselves, obviously Biden will help them

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

did biden just tell the israelis to shoot themselves?

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006
It is so incredibly stupid that the entire bureaucratic apparatus of the country can be dragged into such a loser rear end war on this scale of consequence. Just banally mixing chlorine and ammonia in the sink because the state department said it would be "fine."

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I don't know, maybe I'm too pessimistic - lmao - but I absolutely think Biden could sell war in Iran at least as easily as Bush sold war in Iraq by trying to say we'll just smash and leave. With Trump of course being then the opposition of "no, we shoul dinvae and occupy and take their oil!"

I'd agree that they could sell it to the public easily. But it won't happen because the tail isn't wagging the dog this time. The whole dog does not want this fight.

if Israel does a Really Bad Thing (yes, worse than that), then I can see America actually deploying the force that's already in place. But we are not likely to have much warning about that.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

The Israelis also lost a jet.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Ardennes posted:

The Israelis also lost a jet.

pack watch

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."

Summer Said is likely a western asset as she makes up stuff on the regular that benefits only western interests despite being an Egyptian national who lives in UAE. I would ignore anything she writes

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
You thought this was an actual genocide so far?
https://twitter.com/MiddleEastEye/status/1717293096491221409?t=tZOoZt_bGR2G00fZwN-uAQ&s=19

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

might be moving things around to cover suddenly having to send two CAGs to back up a genocide in progress

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Brogeoisie posted:

Summer Said is likely a western asset as she makes up stuff on the regular that benefits only western interests despite being an Egyptian national who lives in UAE. I would ignore anything she writes

you couldn't write that character in a near-future dystopian novel. your editor would say "okay let's tone that down"

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

supposedly the tunnels are built to withstand gas attacks

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.

how would the logistics of this even work? you can’t just hop a flight from Gaza to Tehran to get any training. I guess the Hamas tunnels run under the entirety of Israel to Lebanon?

I know critical thinking isn’t the point here, but shouldn’t your claims be at least a little plausible?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

CODChimera posted:

supposedly the tunnels are built to withstand gas attacks

are they also self powered hydroelectric

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

It's absolutely fascinating and hilarious and sad to watch the war media machine start to really rev up. Hundreds of reports, articles, and "sources familiar with the situation" throwing out various controversies to see which one gets the most traction so the government can use that one to justify the bombing campaign they have fully planned already.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

definitely moving around lots strategic big strategic pieces these days, feels very Cold War era

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022
Would the worthless loving media apparatus just sit by as the US deploys nerve gas? Something that was used as a false pretext for a previous war. Yeah of course they would.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Elden Lord Godfrey posted:

Would the worthless loving media apparatus just sit by as the US deploys nerve gas? Something that was used as a false pretext for a previous war. Yeah of course they would.

Just sit by? Buddy they will cheer it on.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Demon_Corsair posted:

how would the logistics of this even work? you can’t just hop a flight from Gaza to Tehran to get any training. I guess the Hamas tunnels run under the entirety of Israel to Lebanon?

I know critical thinking isn’t the point here, but shouldn’t your claims be at least a little plausible?

Summer Said It!

Nascardad
Oct 22, 2009

"Racing is in my blood, I can't quite get out of it yet"
Türkiye has entered the chat

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

is there evidence of this

i don't have telegram so i dunno what that link is

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Mr Hootington posted:

I would like to note my appreciation that you now post unironically. you may continue, Iowa grampa

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Mr Hootington posted:

“Heroically deployed nerve gas disposes of terrorists young and old.”

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

her last name is Said? drat

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

it goes to a Russian subscriber group page

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Hamas slaughtered Israelis = Hamas is strong = Hamas deserves respect = Hamas has the right to take Palestine and make alliances with strong powers to protect their claim

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Interesting editorial on how Germany has weaponized Holocaust atonement to support its own racist and imperialist agenda. Considering how leaders there are proposing deportations for Palestine solidarity I think it makes sense for this thread.

quote:

July 5, 2023
Bad Memory
Germany is acclaimed for its efforts to atone for the Holocaust. But its method of repudiating the past has become a tool of exclusion.

SOMETIME IN THE 2000S, a group of mostly Turkish women from an immigrant group called Neighborhood Mothers began meeting in the Neukölln district of Berlin to learn about the Holocaust. Their history lessons were part of a program facilitated by members of the Action Reconciliation Service for Peace, a Christian organization dedicated to German atonement for the Shoah. The Neighborhood Mothers were terrified by what they learned in these sessions. “How could a society turn so fanatical?” a group member named Nazmiye later recalled thinking. “We began to ask ourselves if they could do such a thing to us as well . . . whether we would find ourselves in the same position as the Jews.” But when they expressed this fear on a church visit organized by the program, their German hosts became apoplectic. “They told us to go back to our countries if this is how we think,” Nazmiye said. The session was abruptly ended and the women were asked to leave.

There are a number of anecdotes like this in anthropologist Esra Özyürek’s Subcontractors of Guilt, a recently published study of the array of German Holocaust education programs dedicated to integrating Arab and Muslim immigrant communities into the country’s ethos of responsibility and atonement for Nazi crimes. As Özyürek shows, those who pass through these programs often draw connections their guides do not intend—to nativist violence in contemporary Germany, or to the bloody circumstances they fled in Syria, Turkey, and Palestine. For many Germans, the anxieties these historical encounters stoke for migrants are, in Özyürek’s words, the “wrong emotions.” One German guide who leads concentration camp tours recalled being “irritated” by members of immigrant tour groups voicing the fear that “they will be sent there next.” “There was a sense that they didn’t belong here, and that they should not be engaging with the German past,” the guide said. To be really German, they were supposed to play the part of repentant perpetrators, not potential victims.

This expectation has become the basis for what scholars Michael Rothberg and Yasemin Yildiz have called the “migrant double bind.” In this paradigm, the core of contemporary “Germanness” is found in a certain sensitivity to antisemitism, conferred through a direct, likely familial relationship to the Third Reich. Migrants and racialized minorities are expected to assume the per­petrators’ legacy; when they fail, this is taken as a sign that they do not really belong in Germany. In other words, in a paradox typical of the upside-down dynamics surrounding Jews, Arabs, and Germans in contemporary Germany, a questionably conceived anti-antisemitism has become the mechanism for keeping Germanness Aryan.
Accordingly, Germany now sees its post-Holocaust mandate as encompassing not a broader commitment against racism and violence but a specific fealty to a certain Jewish political formation: the State of Israel. Germany has relied on its close diplomatic relationship to Israel to emphasize its repudiation of Nazism, but its connection to the Jewish state goes even further. In 2008, then-chancellor Angela Merkel addressed the Israeli Knesset to declare that ensuring Israel’s security was part of Germany’s “Staatsraison,” the state’s very reason for existence. If asked why it is worth preserving a German nationalism that produced Auschwitz, Germany now has a pleasing, historically symmetrical answer—it exists to support the Jewish state.
https://jewishcurrents.org/bad-memory-2

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

ah i see the misunderstanding now. those protesters were shouting "the Jews gas! the Jews gas!"

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

mdemone posted:

Not to the Pentagon. they know that this is not Vietnam, or Iraq, or even Afghanistan aka the graveyard of empires.

there is no occupation of Iran. you could airstrike Tehran but then what...?

Well, first, you'd discover whether Iran has possession of nuclear arms if the Americans / Israelis did that.

Then we'd also discover what happens when 20%~ of the world's produced oil can no longer transit through the Strait of Hormuz.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

OctaMurk posted:

alright imagine if they actually do this

Palestinian resistance groups expect Israel to flood Hamas tunnels with nerve gas and chemical weapons under the surveillance of US Delta Force commandos as part of a surprise attack on the Gaza Strip, a senior Arab source familiar with the groups told Middle East Eye.

Israel and the US hope to achieve the element of surprise in order to penetrate Hamas tunnels, rescue an estimated 220 hostages, and kill thousands of soldiers belonging to Hamas’s al-Qassam Brigades, the source said in a statement, noting that the information comes from a leak originating in the US.

Middle East Eye cannot independently verify the information in the leak.

“The plan hinges on the element of surprise so as to decisively win the battle, using internationally forbidden gases, particularly nerve gas, and chemical weapons. Large quantities of nerve gas would be pumped into the tunnels,” the source said.

:whitewater:

literally gonna gas people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

there isn't any for this particular claim