Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

bah gawd King, that's Mitt Romney's music!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

ProperGanderPusher posted:

There’s a lot of people who genuinely think Trump is gonna go to jail sometime before the primary and that the common GOP voter will run back into the arms of the neocons and nominate a nice respectable Republican like Haley.

That's the thing though, people don't want a respectability candidate, they want a firebrand.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Another mass shooting in America, if only the democrats were in power to put in some kind of gun control. Too bad

Vote!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

BadOptics posted:

Do you think Bernie could collapse the USSR faster than Gorby?

for far too long, the bottom 90% has owned more than the top one-tenth of the one percent, and I for one think that is not acceptable

- Mikhailnie Sanderbachev

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

good

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
archive.ph appears to have died, :rip:

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

ex post facho posted:

Whats that

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

it's a site that would save copies of webpages that people would use to get around news paywalls and to preserve articles that were liable to get edited or deleted

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Way back still sorta works

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

ex post facho posted:

It still works for me https://archive.ph/Jf0Ko

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Thanks! This did work. Chrome was blocking it with a captcha for whatever weird reason but Firefox allowed it

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

ex post facho posted:

Thanks! This did work. Chrome was blocking it with a captcha for whatever weird reason but Firefox allowed it

archive dot country code urls have been hit or miss for me on Firefox and on safari as well it's the same ouroboros captcha nonsense, can't really figure it out

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

https://twitter.com/PostOpinions/status/1717364041734058369?s=20

bonelessdongs
Jul 17, 2019

ex post facho posted:

It's a DNS thing, I know 94.140.14.140 from adguard doesn't do that

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

ProperGanderPusher posted:

There’s a lot of people who genuinely think Trump is gonna go to jail sometime before the primary and that the common GOP voter will run back into the arms of the neocons and nominate a nice respectable Republican like Haley.

A lot's going to depend on the state actions to preclude him from the ballot as is going on in CO and other states but I don't see those cases surviving scotus.

But yeah: all the show trials are scheduled to coincide with the primary schedule (but also staggered to cover several months during 2024) for the reason that libs think it'll destroy him & the gop will be forced to go with someone else.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

charlotte clymer……….. now there’s a name i haven’t heard in a while

https://twitter.com/cmclymer/status/1717195686477771026

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

a couple months from now succers like clymer are going to claim they were against an israeli invasion of gaza, mark my words.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://x.com/BisonBrewski/status/1717361111484264876?s=20

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

more for me, losers

https://x.com/MSpinerette/status/1717276215843659993?s=20

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

A political organization that doesn't help their constituents? Are the democrats?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Uncle Wemus posted:

A political organization that doesn't help their constituents? Are the democrats?

fact-check: Hamas has done more for its constituents than the Democrat Party

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Let me just read up on how Hamas has been getting funding in the last few years while I drink this nice, tall glass of seltzer...

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

thread title: [succ] Blocking all shirtless-selfie taking jihadists.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

I see both his arms or is any portrait a selfie these days?

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Willa Rogers posted:

it's as likely (even more, prolly) as biden being the dem nominee.

he's stomping on all the other gop candidates, and dems want him as nominee so they can do their show trials throughout primary season.

literally no one sees anyone else as the gop nominee.

Unsurprising, given that (making up numbers here) about 1/3rd of the country thinks the election was stolen from him and he ought to legally be the president right now

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy
To all affected by this

We see you

We hear you

We are providing your coordinates to the IDF and Mossad hit squads

Don't forget to vote next November

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Adenoid Dan posted:

To all affected by this

We see you

We hear you

While you may be understandably outraged at all of the murder we're enabling, don't let it deter you from voting blue no matter who, because the alternative would be the bad orange man, and he would make mean tweets while enabling just as much murder.

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ex post facho posted:

Good news for ex post facho - archive.ph is still alive.

Gooder news for people who are looking forward to World War 3 - Joe "Genocide-Lovin" Biden is actively trying to provoke a third front with China, on-top of the US's existing proxy wars with Russia and with Hamas / Hezbollah / Syria / Iran.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-10-26/biden-warns-china-not-to-attack-philippine-ships-after-incidents?embedded-checkout=true

https://archive.ph/wBg0p#selection-4957.0-4973.251

Biden Warns China Not to Attack Philippine Ships After Incidents
By Philip Heijmans
October 26, 2023 at 2:33 AM UTC

President Joe Biden warned China that the US would be forced to intervene if Beijing attacks Philippine vessels in the South China Sea, after two separate collisions in the disputed waterway over the weekend.

“Just this past week, the PRC vessels acted dangerously and unlawfully as our Philippine friends conducted a routine resupply mission within their own exclusive economic zone in the South China Sea,” Biden said at the White House on Wednesday during a joint news conference with Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese.

“I want to be very clear: The United States’ defense commitment to the Philippines is ironclad,” he said. “Any attack on the Filipino aircraft, vessels, or armed forces will invoke our Mutual Defense Treaty with the Philippines.”

A China Coast Guard vessel collided with a Philippines-contracted resupply boat early Sunday as it made its way to a rusting World War II-era ship grounded in Second Thomas Shoal more than two decades ago. Two hours later, a Chinese maritime militia boat ran into a Philippine coast guard ship during the same operation to deliver supplies.

The remarks from the US president come as Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi visits Washington this week for high-level meetings, including one with Biden on Friday. Meetings are also scheduled with Secretary of State Antony Blinken and National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan as the US and China continue a series of diplomatic engagements intended to manage tensions.

Wang’s trip is seen as part of an effort that could lay the groundwork for a Biden-Xi meeting next month in California.

China has repeatedly urged the Philippines to remove the ship known as the BRP Sierra Madre that it said was “illegally” and “deliberately” ran aground at the shoal — a move Manila took in response to China’s occupation of nearby Mischief Reef. Beijing also considers Second Thomas Shoal, which it calls Ren’ai Jiao, as part of its territory.

fizzy has issued a correction as of 07:16 on Oct 26, 2023

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

fizzy posted:

Good news for ex post facho - archive.ph is still alive.

Gooder news for people who are looking forward to World War 3 - Joe "Genocide-Lovin" Biden is actively trying to provoke a third front with China, on-top of the US's existing proxy wars with Russia and with Hamas / Hezbollah / Syria / Iran.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-10-26/biden-warns-china-not-to-attack-philippine-ships-after-incidents?embedded-checkout=true

https://archive.ph/wBg0p#selection-4957.0-4973.251

Biden Warns China Not to Attack Philippine Ships After Incidents
By Philip Heijmans
October 26, 2023 at 2:33 AM UTC

President Joe Biden warned China that the US would be forced to intervene if Beijing attacks Philippine vessels in the South China Sea, after two separate collisions in the disputed waterway over the weekend.

“Just this past week, the PRC vessels acted dangerously and unlawfully as our Philippine friends conducted a routine resupply mission within their own exclusive economic zone in the South China Sea,” Biden said at the White House on Wednesday during a joint news conference with Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese.

“I want to be very clear: The United States’ defense commitment to the Philippines is ironclad,” he said. “Any attack on the Filipino aircraft, vessels, or armed forces will invoke our Mutual Defense Treaty with the Philippines.”

A China Coast Guard vessel collided with a Philippines-contracted resupply boat early Sunday as it made its way to a rusting World War II-era ship grounded in Second Thomas Shoal more than two decades ago. Two hours later, a Chinese maritime militia boat ran into a Philippine coast guard ship during the same operation to deliver supplies.

The remarks from the US president come as Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi visits Washington this week for high-level meetings, including one with Biden on Friday. Meetings are also scheduled with Secretary of State Antony Blinken and National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan as the US and China continue a series of diplomatic engagements intended to manage tensions.

Wang’s trip is seen as part of an effort that could lay the groundwork for a Biden-Xi meeting next month in California.

China has repeatedly urged the Philippines to remove the ship known as the BRP Sierra Madre that it said was “illegally” and “deliberately” ran aground at the shoal — a move Manila took in response to China’s occupation of nearby Mischief Reef. Beijing also considers Second Thomas Shoal, which it calls Ren’ai Jiao, as part of its territory.

Nice to see we're flailing just as wildly as Israel.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

ww3 really is just going to be everybody coming to kill us while our geriatric leadership shits their pants

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

BadOptics posted:

Do you think Bernie could collapse the USSR faster than Gorby?

don't think he would have been a red in the first place

Zoeb
Oct 8, 2023

Dislike me? Don't spend $10 on a title. Donate to the Palestinian Red Crescent or Doctors Without Borders
https://www.palestinercs.org/en
https://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/

Adenoid Dan posted:

To all affected by this

We see you

We hear you

If you're against your family being murdered you are a low information single issue voter and are unserious. Why can't you consider all the other important issues?

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

every single democrat president alive today has sent masses of weapons to commit genocide lol

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/mattyglesias/status/1717497075967942751?s=20

why do the kids all hate israel? china!!!

lol remember when they were gonna ban tiktok

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
so Facebook is responsible for radicalizing old boomers into voting for Trump, for triggering a genocide in Bangladesh, and for opening the door for targeted election influence ops by Cambridge Analytica in the 2016 US elections, in the Brexit referendum, in India 2014, and so on,

but also we shouldn't use TikTok either because it's controlled by the CCP

okay

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

gradenko_2000 posted:

so Facebook is responsible for radicalizing old boomers into voting for Trump, for triggering a genocide in Bangladesh, and for opening the door for targeted election influence ops by Cambridge Analytica in the 2016 US elections, in the Brexit referendum, in India 2014, and so on,

but also we shouldn't use TikTok either because it's controlled by the CCP

okay

? i though it was myanmar

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

tristeham posted:

? i though it was myanmar

I can't brain good today. You're right

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

fits my needs posted:

https://x.com/mattyglesias/status/1717497075967942751?s=20

why do the kids all hate israel? china!!!

lol remember when they were gonna ban tiktok

that take came from a "free speech absolutist"

let that sink in a bit

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

sleep with the vicious posted:

Another mass shooting in America, if only the democrats were in power to put in some kind of gun control. Too bad

Vote!

any gun control they pass will be racistly enforced and mass shootings will continue since there are already 300 million guns among the us population

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Zoeb posted:

If you're against your family being murdered you are a low information single issue voter and are unserious. Why can't you consider all the other important issues?

It's selfishness is what it is.

This isn't about you!