Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Sab0921 posted:

It's not a gimmick - it's me as a person you don't like!

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

You are what you post

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I can't believe we're still doing this

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

What we should be talking about are those Arizona Diamondbacks and their plucky, never-say-die attitude. Now THAT is a roster full of guys who look like they have a shift at Jiffy Lube later.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

https://twitter.com/zacgallen23/status/1717222966792962258?s=20

That’s good Twitter

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Dbacks are going to win in 6, with each win being a butt clencher and each loss being a blow out.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I don't know who will win the Series but I do know Garcia will launch one into deep space off Zac Gallen, strut all the way around the bases like he's in Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball, then stand on the plate and do a crotch chop.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Didn't realize the Phillies annoyed/pissed off the Dbacks that much

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Eric the Mauve posted:

I don't know who will win the Series but I do know Garcia will launch one into deep space off Zac Gallen, strut all the way around the bases like he's in Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball, then stand on the plate and do a crotch chop.

And then a baseball will force its way out of Gallen's glove after he valiantly tries to hold it back and it will frame him for the vicious crime of HBP on Garcia.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Kirios posted:

I can't believe we're still doing this

As always - Im completely innocent and made a nice post complimenting Adolis Garcia - but I am amused that a poster on Something Awful would defend the commercial real estate industry to dunk on me.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Eric the Mauve posted:

One can only hope

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

MrMidnight posted:

Didn't realize the Phillies annoyed/pissed off the Dbacks that much

They were basically treated like a complete joke

Which to be fair they were here too but we're not the ones playing them

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Sab0921 posted:

As always - Im completely innocent and made a nice post complimenting Adolis Garcia - but I am amused that a poster on Something Awful would defend the commercial real estate industry to dunk on me.

Lmao I was defending the real estate industry? What?

You seem big mad about the Astros loss. Need a link to the postmortem thread?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

No need to acknowledge or post at that weird bozo.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

yea ok posted:

No need to acknowledge or post at that weird bozo.

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life

He probably heard a wrath of poo poo since he’s from the area and wasn’t a Phils fan 2 seconds after coming out of the womb. He also had two outings against the Phils and both were not great, so I’m sure he received some very respectful messages on Twitter.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Marklar posted:

He probably heard a wrath of poo poo since he’s from the area and wasn’t a Phils fan 2 seconds after coming out of the womb. He also had two outings against the Phils and both were not great, so I’m sure he received some very respectful messages on Twitter.

The broadcast told the story about how his mom wouldn't let him go to the parade because he wasn't a REAL fan lol

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Marklar posted:

Yeah it's cool that his team won after all the poo poo Philly fans talked, but uh when you personally got lit up like a Christmas tree you might want to reconsider post-series dunking

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Eric the Mauve posted:

Yeah it's cool that his team won after all the poo poo Philly fans talked, but uh when you personally got lit up like a Christmas tree you might want to reconsider post-series dunking

he's replying to someone who's trying to dog on him with "didn't you start the series 0-2" after the phils lost the series so I think he's fine

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Confronting my mortality after realizing Gallen didn’t just go to the parade himself because 2008 was a long time ago.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I do not hate the Diamondbacks, I will refuse to look down on them or underestimate them because I loving want this win so goddamn bad and I refuse to get cocky or arrogant and set myself up horrific failure.

Don't think I got cocky in 2011, but I quickly grew to hate Cards fans.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Shinjobi posted:

I quickly grew to hate Cards fans.

Something we can all agree on

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Bro my grandma is a Cards fan!

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

It should be a good series. I don’t see either team running away with it

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I hope that the Rangers win their first World Series, but I am taking nothing for granted.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Shinjobi posted:

I quickly grew to hate Cards fans.

Welcome to the party, pal!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

blue squares posted:

Bro my grandma is a Cards fan!

I'm so sorry, I must cuss at your grandma

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

This is gonna be fun as hell, happy for either fanbase.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Go Diamondbacks but completely fine with the Rangers winning. I hope it goes to a game 7.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Go Rangers but completely fine with the Diamondbacks winning. I hope it goes to a game 7.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Go meteor.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
I'm just glad 3 of my least liked teams didn't make it either and will enjoy the low stakes baseball fun!

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Poque posted:

Go Rangers but completely fine with the Diamondbacks winning. I hope it goes to a game 7.

Agreed!

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

I hope the Rangers win in 4 or 5 so they can celebrate in the DBacks' pool

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Between a team that crossed a hotel picket line and a team from Texas that's employing known DV rear end in a top hat Aroldis Chapman....

Kirios posted:

Go meteor.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Tatsuta Age posted:

I'm just glad 3 of my least liked teams didn't make it either and will enjoy the low stakes baseball fun!

I just hope everyone has fun (except Aroldis Chapman)!

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe
i will be sad if the rangers dont win the world series on the 3rd attempt here but i dont think i can really gin up any hate for the snakes

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rangers probably have the largest number of 1/6 insurrectionists of any fanbase and I don't want those people to ever feel even a fleeting moment of joy

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

lmao talk about glass houses, not sure that’s a thread you wanna pull

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Besides, the Cards are the answer to that question