Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ravus Ursus
Mar 30, 2017

I think it's a race to see if she can get you to leave before the contract ends so she can claim a victory of some kind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Just lost Internet. Wth is going on?!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They cancelled all their services expecting the business to have folded by now.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I’d just go home. I’ve quit jobs for less.

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

Shoehead posted:

She's not paid the bills.

Do you have to stay until the end of the contract, or can you fart around at home? Because you can't pierce without a potable water source...

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Or just go gently caress off. If she doesn’t have the money to pay bills she sure as poo poo ain’t gonna go to court over a contract.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Watching another company crumble in near real-time is wild. Keep us updated.

Also call whatever authorities are relevant to getting that place closed down.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
For a different perspective, it could be the work of the North American Fiber-Seeking Backhoe, a species that digs holes to forage, and is sometimes able to find its natural food source.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Invalid Validation posted:

Or just go gently caress off. If she doesn’t have the money to pay bills she sure as poo poo ain’t gonna go to court over a contract.

IANAL buy this thread alone feels like sufficient evidence for constructive dismissal

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

hmmm showed up at work and the building isn't there anymore, there's just a big hole in the ground

wonder what I'm supposed to even do now

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie

Shoehead posted:

Don't take this the wrong way but seeing everything crumble through your posts has like been the highlight of my week so far

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

ben shapino posted:

hmmm showed up at work and the building isn't there anymore, there's just a big hole in the ground

Sit in the hole for 8 hours a day.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Ensign Expendable posted:

sure thing boss. should I log my hours and email you or like how is this going to work

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

ben shapino posted:

sure thing boss. should I log my hours and email you or like how is this going to work

Sit tight for a second, accounts payable is setting up a new account to book your hours too but there's a two hour meeting scheduled tomorrow with some VP's to determine if it's a pit or a hole. Can't name the account until then, so just remember how much time you spent in it till then.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

ben shapino posted:

Hit a tree till a SAP comes out and record your timesheets in the SAP.

thedangergroove
Nov 14, 2004
Long for karate day.
NFT/Crypto/AI enthusiast boss posted his tepid review of the "man-hating" Barbie movie in our Teams Movie & Music chat. The lack of any reacts in our react-happy team is pretty telling. You don't have to like the movie, but it read like a copy/paste of a Muskman's Twitter screed.

The agency that I work for talks a big game on diversity and inclusion and our team is mostly millennial or younger women, so hopefully this is a paver on his path outta here.

Ravus Ursus
Mar 30, 2017

zedprime posted:

Hit a tree till a SAP comes out and record your timesheets in the SAP.

It's a hole. There's no tree to hit.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

thedangergroove posted:

NFT/Crypto/AI enthusiast boss posted his tepid review of the "man-hating" Barbie movie in our Teams Movie & Music chat. The lack of any reacts in our react-happy team is pretty telling. You don't have to like the movie, but it read like a copy/paste of a Muskman's Twitter screed.

The agency that I work for talks a big game on diversity and inclusion and our team is mostly millennial or younger women, so hopefully this is a paver on his path outta here.
It's a bit late for that hot-take isn't it?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Ravus Ursus posted:

Think of this as an opportunity to show some initiative.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Ravus Ursus posted:

A society grows great when old men implement ERPs in whose system they shall never transact.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

ben shapino posted:

Shoehead's boss is there, squatting in the rubble with a safety pin, wiping soot off building debris for ink.

The calendar book survived the disaster btw--she expects you to still block out next month.

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:

zedprime posted:

A society grows great when old men implement ERPs in whose system they shall never transact.

Please do not ERP on company time in the pit.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

ben shapino posted:

Take some time to decide on your other two wishes.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Shit in the hole for 8 hours a day.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Shoehead posted:

hang around and tell customers that the water's off

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

So business as usual.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

jfc

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Johnny Truant posted:

Anonymous call to occupational health oversight time

Salami Surgeon
Jan 21, 2001

Don't close. Don't close.

Nap Ghost

Salami Surgeon posted:

God drat I hate scheduling meetings with people.

People declining a recurring meeting because they have one conflict.
People declining because "they are busy during this time" but their calendar is completely open.
People not sending a cancelation when they were supposed to present.

Oh well. I guess this meeting can now be dozens of email chains instead.

Great, now people for some reason are working ahead and finalizing their work now instead of waiting two weeks for test results to come in. Some reason: everyone not in the meeting are sending vague emails to each other and not following the plan from the meeting.

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.
Meanwhile, in some other forum, tattoo place boss:

"I don't know what to do. I've tried everything. loving with the orders, deleting the calendar, cutting off the phone and the water and the internet and he still won't leave!"

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

ben shapino posted:

Somewhat related: Quite a few years back we were consolidating floors because we had started telecommuting and also post-2008 had lost an assload of positions to attrition. In addition they wanted to remodel some of the empty space. We were told "we'll let you know when this is going to happen." I come in on my office day, and the floor is entirely empty. Not a single chair or desk. I don't have anyone's number to call - in fact I think back then I didn't even have a cell phone. I think I finally ended up going to our admin floor and asking where the hell my team was. Turned out they just decided to move everyone spur of the moment, didn't send an email and didn't think to let anyone know where we'd moved to. Nor did anyone on my goddamn team think to pass the info along.

I was really tempted to just sit on the floor and do nothing and then when asked where I was that day say "up on 12 since nobody decided it was important to let those of us who weren't in the office know wtf was going on."

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Atopian posted:

Meanwhile, in some other forum, tattoo place boss:

"I don't know what to do. I've tried everything. loving with the orders, deleting the calendar, cutting off the phone and the water and the internet and he still won't leave!"

As yes, the Israel-Palistine approach to staff management.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

ben shapino posted:

Head as far south as you can. Try and avoid Israeli missiles and bombs. Wait for further instructions from the State Department or your own Goverment if not a US citizen.

Alternatively, if you are in Ukraine, surrender to the nearest Ukrainian Armed Forces drone.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

I am going to be moved off my program once I get back from vacation because I have maybe another couple weeks of work to get this thing where it needs to be. My boss has been going to various purchasing groups to get someone to take this over full time and every one has rejected it, which is understandable. I may be coming back to a new job and a bunch of handoff work or business as usual. I'm very much done with this thing, so it probably means back to the cluster headaches when someone asks the word Operation be inserted in place of OP on an order.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
"Anything else I should know before travelling in?"
"Well somebody had their catalytic converter stolen in daylight with witnesses so try and park somewhere conspicuous."

Smuggins
Mar 14, 2008

Blasphemy! Blasphoryou! Blasphoreveryone!
Fun Shoe
So after the general Headcount cut across the company the clearly predictable aftershock s of people leaving 2 months later have started. Because without a clear economic reason or other hard evidence many people will know you did it to pad cashflow and are lying liars.
It has only hit near me (our payroll group) but with a strong result from two jobs I have in the running (one of them id from my old director is is a catagorically smart and good manager) it is clear I will be one of them as well out the door and it is going to do worse than cripple my department. I cannot care anymore.

Conversation with boss about "Did they plan for this inevitablitiy?" Nope. She is aghast at this fact of no planning.
But
Same boss in a general meeting with her boss, our untrustworthy regional head talked about "Come to us with issues, we are flexible"

Payroll person mentioned above was in South America and the new "3 in office, 2-out" that was shoved down our throats with "If you do not like it leave" was being killed by terrible public transport times and schedules. So saying you will be flexible after a companywide "Eat poo poo" message is incredible bullshit.

My exit interview if any will be so cathartic. Not a single swear said but the venom will be in buckets.
I'd love to just get fired but even with my ex-director pushing me to get hired elsewhere is not a slam dunk. ANYTHING can go wrong in my experience.

Just a week, week and a half for 2 interviews to get schedulled and done and I am in. Almost feeling happy again.

Only thing I have to avoid is any possible "This is a anti-semite decision leaving at this time" getting stamped on me since the company is Israeli owned. Rationally it should not be remotely an issue (Because I am not) but given the linkedIn postings from upper managers on the current war.....hoo boy it is a real possibility.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

It's actually anti-semitic of you not to work there for free.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Smuggins posted:

Only thing I have to avoid is any possible "This is a anti-semite decision leaving at this time" getting stamped on me since the company is Israeli owned. Rationally it should not be remotely an issue (Because I am not) but given the linkedIn postings from upper managers on the current war.....hoo boy it is a real possibility.

I wouldn't worry about the people who would suggest that you were one because of this.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Smuggins posted:

Only thing I have to avoid is any possible "This is a anti-semite decision leaving at this time" getting stamped on me since the company is Israeli owned.

'I'm leaving for a company that isn't owned by terrorists' would be an amazing self-own exit interview talking point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Dumb poo poo my work does: remind my coworker-turned-manager that he's supposed to have biweekly meetings with all his team members about how they're doing mentally, physically and work-wise. This poor guy is already overworking himself to the point of insomnia, and the exhaustion really showed in his message that he will now be spending 30min with me and two other people, every two weeks, to ask us how we're doing.

This guy is 10 younger than me and I can in no way relate to him.